PDA

View Full Version : NHC Norwich v Luton Town

HibernianJK
26-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Just heard on SSN that Norwich were selling tickets at £10 for adults and just £1 for children, sell out apparently. great from them and shows maybe reduced ticket prices will bring more fans along

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Cup games in England are very poorly attended these days, clubs have to do something to tempt fans in.

HibernianJK
26-01-2013, 02:17 PM
ah right i see. i did notice the crowd at the stoke v city game was pretty poor

Mikey
26-01-2013, 02:18 PM
ah right i see. i did notice the crowd at the stoke v city game was pretty poor

Reduced prices there too, albeit only down to 20 quid.

HH81
26-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Huddersfield charging 10 & 5 today too, think a lot are doing in FA cup.

DC_Hibs
26-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Helps when your TV income is a huge percentage of your total income in the EPL.

There's various facts to support the view that the lost income from dropping prices isn't made up by increased attendances.
We gave away free tickets for the Celtic game to certain season ticket holders and still struggled to get numbers through the gates.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Huddersfield charging 10 & 5 today too, think a lot are doing in FA cup.

If ever we wanted proof money was ruining the game its today. Cup football used to be the day EVERYONE looked forward to, the chance of glory, the chance of Wembley however slim?

Now its secondary to keeping your place in the EPL, and the fans know this and show that by their attendance.

Then come cup final day, the tv stations will be telling us how its the best cup competiotion in the world, and how millions will be watching in every corner of the world, just a pity nobody is watching in the stadiums today?

HH81
26-01-2013, 02:29 PM
If ever we wanted proof money was ruining the game its today. Cup football used to be the day EVERYONE looked forward to, the chance of glory, the chance of Wembley however slim?

Now its secondary to keeping your place in the EPL, and the fans know this and show that by their attendance.

Then come cup final day, the tv stations will be telling us how its the best cup competiotion in the world, and how millions will be watching in every corner of the world, just a pity nobody is watching in the stadiums today?

To be fair think the crowd there will be decent as away end is sold out.

Overall though i do agree but fans will just not watch early rounds of cup matches with out it being cheap these days.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2013, 02:36 PM
To be fair think the crowd there will be decent as away end is sold out.

Overall though i do agree but fans will just not watch early rounds of cup matches with out it being cheap these days.

4000 Luton fans they are reporting. :top marks The EPL clubs have all been putting out weakend teams recent seasons in the league cup and the FA cup too, apparently Wigan have made 9 changes today.

I'd not want to be paying full price to watch reserve football? This is the price of league success these days.

HH81
26-01-2013, 02:48 PM
4000 Luton fans they are reporting. :top marks The EPL clubs have all been putting out weakend teams recent seasons in the league cup and the FA cup too, apparently Wigan have made 9 changes today.

I'd not want to be paying full price to watch reserve football? This is the price of league success these days.

I would have paid 10 quid at Huddersfield today but the snow meant i could not get my car out.

I would not pay full price for a league game though, however, i do get offered a lot of freebies from my mate. Lets not forget football in England is just as much over priced as in Scotland.

hibsmad
26-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I have no doubt that if Hibs reduced their prices to £10 and £1 then we too would be able to sell out for low profile matches. The problem is that it would not generate enough revenue.

I believe ticket prices in the SPL are too high and that the correct price to balance out value for money and maximum revenue is somewhere in between.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2013, 02:53 PM
I would have paid 10 quid at Huddersfield today but the snow meant i could not get my car out.

I would not pay full price for a league game though, however, i do get offered a lot of freebies from my mate. Lets not forget football in England is just as much over priced as in Scotland.

I agree, football IS overpriced. I would bet the crowd at Huddersfield is much lower than a league game would be, and that would be at full price.

The clubs are not taking cup fixtures as serious now, the fans are doing the same.

HH81
26-01-2013, 03:01 PM
I agree, football IS overpriced. I would bet the crowd at Huddersfield is much lower than a league game would be, and that would be at full price.

The clubs are not taking cup fixtures as serious now, the fans are doing the same.

The local club to me, Halifax, never reduce the price for any game.

They have a set fee of £13.00 and thats it no matter who they playing. I know their Tuesday night crowds drop 500 for midweek games which is about a 40% drop. Good job this doesnt happen at Hibs or there would be serious problems.

ekhibee
26-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Just heard on SSN that Norwich were selling tickets at £10 for adults and just £1 for children, sell out apparently. great from them and shows maybe reduced ticket prices will bring more fans along

Good on them, particularly as they're now getting beat 1-0.

HibernianJK
26-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Good on them, particularly as they're now getting beat 1-0.

yes I'm wondering if that fans are wondering if it was worth shipping out the shrapnel

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-01-2013, 03:53 PM
yes I'm wondering if that fans are wondering if it was worth shipping out the shrapnel

Bet the Luton fans are.:aok: