PDA

View Full Version : Pressley to the Arabs

CallumLaidlaw
26-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Impressed at an interview, now compensation being sorted.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/373400/Elvis-ready-to-take-over-at-Tannadice

NOLA
26-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Whenever I've heard presleys views on scottish football I've come away impressed by his football intelligence, good appointment by dundee hibernian.

Dr Jimmy
26-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Whenever I've heard presleys views on scottish football I've come away impressed by his football intelligence, good appointment by dundee hibernian.

Totally agree with you, he comes over very well.
Unfortunately for him though football is a results business. That's where the jambo fud gets found out!

Hainan Hibs
26-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Falkirk fans will be creaming themselves.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Wonder if Falkirk will be on the phone Hartlepools any time soon???

stokesmessiah
26-01-2013, 10:30 AM
The content of what he is saying is always about right but IMO he comes across as a bit of an arrogant arse.

Deek01
26-01-2013, 10:30 AM
I know a couple of the young boys who SP has given a chance in the first team, hope this won't hinder their opportunities.

micka_weer
26-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Would've thought macnamara would be a better proposition?

bigwheel
26-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Would've thought macnamara would be a better proposition?

Less experience - but starting well ...

sbell1875
26-01-2013, 11:00 AM

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/373400/Elvis-ready-to-take-over-at-Tannadice

I know a couple of Falkirk fans who will be delighted he is leaving. Aye he speaks a good game but I wouldn't say he's acheived much as a manager.

LeighLoyal
26-01-2013, 11:06 AM
They should actually get Yogi back, he was a clown in some sense but he did well there and kept them in the spl. The problem is they are working on a shoestring and have to sell their promising youth.

Eyrie
26-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Would Pressley's departure from Brockville improve our chances of getting Taylor or result in Dundee Utd trying for him? Assuming we're still interested, which seems to have gone quiet after the Daly rumours broke.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2013, 11:31 AM
They should actually get Yogi back, he was a clown in some sense but he did well there and kept them in the spl. The problem is they are working on a shoestring and have to sell their promising youth.

Aye because clowns regularly get Hibs a 4th place finish, and their Falkirk teams to cup finals, europe and SPL saftey on a shoestring. :rolleyes:

BSEJVT
26-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Wonder if Falkirk will be on the phone Hartlepools any time soon???

Not a chance, relationship had completely broken down with board (or at least some of them) by the time he left who were (or at least some of whom were) more than glad to see the back of him.

Part/Time Supporter
26-01-2013, 12:40 PM
I know a couple of Falkirk fans who will be delighted he is leaving. Aye he speaks a good game but I wouldn't say he's acheived much as a manager.

Bottom line is he took them down and hasn't looked like taking them back up.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2013, 12:42 PM

An ex Arab player as well. I thought Mixu would have got this job as he and Stephen Thompson are good friends. If Pressly gets it, does this mean Houston will depart immediately

Part/Time Supporter
26-01-2013, 12:44 PM
An ex Arab player as well. I thought Mixu would have got this job as he and Stephen Thompson are good friends.

He's under contract to Finland and there's no indication that he wants to leave that job now (or that the Finns want him to leave). DUFC placing Mixu (and Michael O'Neill) on their "shortlist" was wishful thinking.

If Pressly gets it, does this mean Houston will depart immediately

Aye

sbell1875
26-01-2013, 12:57 PM
He's under contract to Finland and there's no indication that he wants to leave that job now (or that the Finns want him to leave). DUFC placing Mixu (and Michael O'Neill) on their "shortlist" was wishful thinking.

Aye

Jim Spence just put on twitter that it would cost upwards of £250k + to get rid of Houstoun immediately. So with that in mind I can't see him leaving immediately.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Jim Spence just put on twitter that it would cost upwards of £250k + to get rid of Houstoun immediately. So with that in mind I can't see him leaving immediately.

Would they not just put him on "garden leave" until the end of the season. Surely this wouldn't amount to £250k for 4 months work

fat freddy
26-01-2013, 01:01 PM
he thinks he's more intelligent than he actually is...he strikes me as being a bit of a bawheid.

IWasThere2016
26-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Aye because clowns regularly get Hibs a 4th place finish, and their Falkirk teams to cup finals, europe and SPL saftey on a shoestring. :rolleyes:

He got Bairns relegated did he not?

IWasThere2016
26-01-2013, 01:15 PM

No believing that number!?!

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2013, 01:19 PM
He got Bairns relegated did he not?

He probably did, but when he left they were an established SPL side who were punching well above their weight, and had made a cup final and Europe.

You see negatives all the time, even at a club that would bite your hands off for those times again? :rolleyes:

IWasThere2016
26-01-2013, 01:38 PM
He probably did, but when he left they were an established SPL side who were punching well above their weight, and had made a cup final and Europe.

You see negatives all the time, even at a club that would bite your hands off for those times again? :rolleyes:

I doubt many would bite their hand aff to have Yogi anywhere near ER again :wink:

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I doubt many would bite their hand aff to have Yogi anywhere near ER again :wink:

When defeated change the subject............:rolleyes:

Beefster
26-01-2013, 01:55 PM

I know you love him deeply but Hughes was great for the first six months and then ***** for the last 8 months at Hibs and broke the record for consecutive pishy home results IIRC.

You can't call one mediocre manager a clown and then moan when someone does it about another mediocre manager.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2013, 02:03 PM
I know you love him deeply but Hughes was great for the first six months and then ***** for the last 8 months at Hibs and broke the record for consecutive pishy home results IIRC.

You can't call one mediocre manager a clown and then moan when someone does it about another mediocre manager.

While i mentioned Hibs, this is more about what he did with Falkirk, thats what i replied to Falkirkhibs about.

As much as i liked Yogi as our manager, dont be another who rewrites history about what i said? For the record AGAIN, i agreed he should go when he did, he'd had his chance to redeam himself and failed. I cant make that any clearer??????

What he did with Falkirk got him his chance at Hibs, and whether you or anyone else like it or not, he had that club punching way above their weight. And once again, when its not even their club the Hughes haters are out looking at the negatives in his years at Falkirk, when as i said earlier, they would bite his hands off to be back there now.

IWasThere2016
26-01-2013, 02:56 PM
As much as i liked Yogi as our manager, dont be another who rewrites history about what i said? For the record AGAIN, i agreed he should go when he did, he'd had his chance to redeam himself and failed. I cant make that any clearer??????

You re-wrote history when you said Yogi kept the Bairns in the SPL. He didn't he took them doon.

500miles
26-01-2013, 03:04 PM

To be fair, did he not leave them after just staving off relegation by the skin of his teeth? The cup final was good, but we got to a cup final last year as well, with a terrible team.

Yogi has a good plan A. He needs a plan B though, as has been the case at all his clubs.

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2013, 03:04 PM
You re-wrote history when you said Yogi kept the Bairns in the SPL. He didn't he took them doon.

Usual crap from you, when he left they were AN ESTABLISHED SPL side with cup final and European football on his and their CV.

As i said its typical you, as usual looking at the negatives. :rolleyes:

And they would bite their chairmans hand off for those days again.

IWasThere2016
26-01-2013, 03:43 PM
As i said its typical you, as usual looking at the negatives. :rolleyes:

I'm a positive person. Ma hotel room is booked for the Cup Final as I believe PF will lead us back to Hampden! :pfgwa

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm a positive person. Ma hotel room is booked for the Cup Final as I believe PF will lead us back to Hampden! :pfgwa

:faf::faf:

IWasThere2016
26-01-2013, 05:42 PM
:faf::faf:

I'm saddened that you think Hibs going back to the SCF is a laughing matter :wink:

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm saddened that you think Hibs going back to the SCF is a laughing matter :wink:

And as usual i'm saddened you ignore what was actually said?

IWasThere2016
26-01-2013, 06:00 PM
And as usual i'm saddened you ignore what was actually said?

I genuinely thought Yogi took them doon. Was it Pressley after May had a poor few months?? Memory is pish!

IWasThere2016
26-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Bairns will be delighted with compo if its Pressley - they are skint (proper skint)!

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2013, 06:01 PM
I genuinely thought Yogi took them doon. Was it Pressley after May had a poor few months?? Memory is pish!

Apology accepted.

Danny Wilsons European record has a competitor. :faf:

IWasThere2016
26-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Apology accepted.

Danny Wilsons European record has a competitor. :faf:

So, post Yogi they went from bad to worse. Least we went up the table after Yogi left us :thumbsup: (sticking to the facts I can remember fae noo on :greengrin)

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2013, 07:03 PM
So, post Yogi they went from bad to worse. Least we went up the table after Yogi left us :thumbsup: (sticking to the facts I can remember fae noo on :greengrin)

What has that got to do with his record as manager at Falkirk? :rolleyes: Even when you proved yourself to be completely wrong in quite spectacular fashion, you still put a negative spin on your posts?

Quality. :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
26-01-2013, 07:50 PM
On the subject of the new Dundee Utd manager, I see that Billy Dodds has revealed that he has been interviewed for the position.

Football must be the only industry in the world where someone can be in with a chance of getting a fairly high profile job without having any relevant experience.

Billy Dodds' coaching experience to date amounts to being the coach of the strikers at Queen of the South and being assistant manager at Dundee for 6 months.

IWasThere2016
27-01-2013, 01:24 AM
On the subject of the new Dundee Utd manager, I see that Billy Dodds has revealed that he has been interviewed for the position.

Football must be the only industry in the world where someone can be in with a chance of getting a fairly high profile job without having any relevant experience.

Billy Dodds' coaching experience to date amounts to being the coach of the strikers at Queen of the South and being assistant manager at Dundee for 6 months.

That's correct - but if he's offered the job he'll be THIRD choice at a minimum!

Brooster
27-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Falkirk have wanted to sack Presley but just cannot afford to do so. They will be delighted if someone buys him. I'll be happy to see him go to Dundee utd as well because I don't think he's got much of an idea.

PeterboroHibee
27-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Falkirk have wanted to sack Presley but just cannot afford to do so. They will be delighted if someone buys him. I'll be happy to see him go to Dundee utd as well because I don't think he's got much of an idea.

Id also be happy to see him go to United. I think hes got the right ideas about managing a club (promoting young guys etc), but he seems to fall down a bit when it comes to the application; they are currently 5th in the league and about 20 points off top, not great.

He may well be a success, and if United are as skint as they seem to be making out (having to make so many cuts to budgets and wages) it probably is a sensible move to go with someone who works with the youth team, but got a feeling this could potentially remove United as a rival for top 6.

Wilson
27-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Id also be happy to see him go to United. I think hes got the right ideas about managing a club (promoting young guys etc), but he seems to fall down a bit when it comes to the application; they are currently 5th in the league and about 20 points off top, not great.

He may well be a success, and if United are as skint as they seem to be making out (having to make so many cuts to budgets and wages) it probably is a sensible move to go with someone who works with the youth team, but got a feeling this could potentially remove United as a rival for top 6.

Falkirk have no money. What is he supposed to do? From what I see he has gone admirably about the business of building for Falkirk's future and making the best of their means. That he has brought on some highly rated players that could bring in a transfer windfall could be the very difference between Falkirk mounting a promotion push in the near future rather than going under. Falkirk fans hope for better, as does every fan of every club, although whoever is in charge of the Bairns will have to have the same slowly but surely approach.

Dundee Utd's cuts to budgets and wages are what will potentially remove them as a top 6 challenger - not necessarily the appointment of any specific manager. I feel there is potential to make cutbacks and maintain a strong presence in the division as other clubs are struggling too. Therefore, someone with a history of getting fair results out of few resources and a good knowledge of the lower leagues (sourcing cheaper but effective players) might be the very man. Why not Pressley?

Lee0762
27-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Pressley, the man who took over from Eddie May and said "I WILL keep this club in the SPL" then got relegated. He's a clown who talks a decent game, but never backs it up.

IWasThere2016
27-01-2013, 03:35 PM

THIS!! Terrible man manager apparently. Pressley was recommended to Arabs by Avril - ken him who's won heehaw and made a great national manager of course.