PDA

View Full Version : Hands off hibs vinyl

royalscot
25-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi guys ,

Does anyone know if its possible to get my hands on a copy of a Vinyl record made during the " Hands off Hibs campaign " .

I have no more information to go on , ive trawled the net and cant find anything .

Does anyone know its name or where i can get it , its for a birthday surprise .

many thanks

rs

Mikey
25-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Here's what you're looking for.

Good luck.

And no, mine isn't for sale :greengrin

pogo
25-01-2013, 09:47 PM
The track you're refering to was by The Mercernaries - Hands off Hibs

http://youtu.be/MW_jT8Zi5Ow

I used to work in Craigmillar, and the main guy behind this, Stephen Fraser (Socket) used to practice with his band there.
May have a copy in the attic, but problem would be getting it over to you, as I now live in Ireland.

Nakedmanoncrack
25-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Not the greatest track ever, but still got my copy.

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-01-2013, 10:00 PM

I used to work in Craigmillar, and the main guy behind this, Stephen Fraser (Socket) used to practice with his band there.
May have a copy in the attic, but problem would be getting it over to you, as I now live in Ireland.

I also have it on Vinyl, signed by Socket, knew him from growning up in Greendykes.

Mikey
25-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Here's what you're looking for.

Good luck.

And no, mine isn't for sale :greengrin

Out of interest, is there anyone on here who was involved?

royalscot
25-01-2013, 10:01 PM

If you have a copy al pay for the delivery pogo , thats if you find it mate ....cheers
rs

royalscot
25-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the quick response lads , will pay for record and postage or can pick , as i said its for a Birthday present

I believe it was the "B" Side which was sung on the terraces :wink:

cheers

rs

royalscot
25-01-2013, 10:12 PM
I also have it on Vinyl, signed by Socket, knew him from growning up in Greendykes.
Would you be prepared to part with it at a price ??

pogo
25-01-2013, 10:15 PM

I used to work with the Festival Society out at the old church, and he used to practice there with his band Moon (I think that's what they were called)

Royalscot, as for the copy, I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can find it.

AFKA5814_Hibs
25-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Would you be prepared to part with it at a price ??

The vinyl i'd like to keep. I do have it converted as a good quality mp3 which i can send you.

royalscot
26-01-2013, 03:09 PM
The vinyl i'd like to keep. I do have it converted as a good quality mp3 which i can send you.
Thanks buddy but i have that .....Dont blame you for keeping it .....thanks anyway :wink:

regards
rs

royalscot
26-01-2013, 03:11 PM
I used to work with the Festival Society out at the old church, and he used to practice there with his band Moon (I think that's what they were called)

Royalscot, as for the copy, I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can find it.
Thanks buddy much appreciated :wink:

regards
rs

royalscot
28-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Still on the look out for this single , anyone with any ideas how i could get hold of a copy ?

regards

rs

darrenmcintosh2
28-01-2013, 07:49 PM
After reading this thread it reminded me of a picture may folks had of me wearing a HOH t-shirt as a baby. Must have only been about a month old, but would really like to get my hands on one what are the chances of me getting one

The cabbage 1-0 Wallace mercer
:)

Billy McKirdy
28-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Like Pogo, I knew the guys behind the track, I also think I know who Pogo is too :wink: I'm pals with Stephen Fraser and also the roadie named Wolfie on the single cover..I'm pretty sure I still have my copy, your welcome to it :thumbsup:

McHibby
28-01-2013, 11:02 PM
I am pretty sure I have that vinyl kicking around somewhere - but I don't know what kind of state it would be in. I was never great at keeping things 'new' when I was bairn.