PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths

Pretty Boy
24-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Not such a bad lad

http://m.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/leigh-griffiths-birthday-surprise-for-ill-hibs-fan-1-2756048

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2013, 12:35 PM
Not such a bad lad

http://m.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/leigh-griffiths-birthday-surprise-for-ill-hibs-fan-1-2756048

His heart certainly seems in the right place.

I think he gets unfair criticism at times (the abuse he suffers on twitter is sometimes way over the top), and I can understand why he reacts to it........

DaveF
24-01-2013, 12:39 PM
His heart certainly seems in the right place.

I think he gets unfair criticism at times (the abuse he suffers on twitter is sometimes way over the top), and I can understand why he reacts to it........

The problem is his head though :greengrin

Good on him. Nice story :agree:

Future17
24-01-2013, 12:58 PM
I've heard nothing but positives about Leigh Griffiths' attitude and relationship with Hibs fans off the pitch. In that regard, he seems to be a credit to our Club (and us as supporters).

whiskyhibby
24-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Well done Sparky a great gesture :-))

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2013, 01:40 PM
nice touch the sparkmeister:agree: and good luck to the young lassie coping with her diabetes

clickable link http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/latest-news/leigh-griffiths-birthday-surprise-for-ill-hibs-fan-1-2756048

lucky
24-01-2013, 01:43 PM
Great story and well done LG. But the news spoil the story by adding that stupid tweet.

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Great story and well done LG. But the news spoil the story by adding that stupid tweet.

agreed, a brief mention would have sufficed

Albanian Hibs
24-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Well done Sparky a great gesture :-))

Hibs class.

poolman
24-01-2013, 02:54 PM

Absolutely :brickwall

Spolit a good story with that bit

No need whatsoever to mention it in the context of the article :bitchy:

hibsmad
24-01-2013, 03:10 PM

Unfortunately the only reason the article was written is due to the fact that Leigh made his comment on Twitter. This was then printed to show the other side to Leigh, but the original Twitter story was always going to be mentioned.

If McPake or Doyle for example had attended a young fans birthday party then there's little to no chance that there would have been any mention of it in the news.

Northern Hibby
24-01-2013, 06:34 PM

At least they pointed out it was not just a randon tweet

"His tweet came after a prolonged exchange on the social media site, where Griffiths was subjected to a barrage of taunts"

Jones28
24-01-2013, 07:01 PM
At least they pointed out it was not just a randon tweet

"His tweet came after a prolonged exchange on the social media site, where Griffiths was subjected to a barrage of taunts"

I think that balanced it a wee bit

Sir David Gray
24-01-2013, 07:49 PM
And some people were actually calling for him to be sacked a couple of weeks ago! :rolleyes:

:singing: There's only one Leigh Griffiths...:aok:

Hibercelona
24-01-2013, 07:52 PM
He's a good guy at heart, he just needs to screw the head on a little tighter and he'll do well for himself. :aok:

hungryhibs
24-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Leigh is a good lad was a good thing to do for the girl well done as for the tweet how come nothing has been said to the police about the abuse he got day in day out from the clowns across the road

Jonnyboy
24-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Nice touch Leigh :agree: :thumbsup:

PS When did David O'Leary start writing for the EEN? :greengrin

Mister P
25-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Leigh is a good lad was a good thing to do for the girl well done as for the tweet how come nothing has been said to the police about the abuse he got day in day out from the clowns across the road
Not ever excusing what he did, but have to agree with u. At what point does the abuse become regarded as threatening?
Making suggestions about his kids/partners etc. Slander/defamation.

Back to the point, he made that wee lassies day. Well done leigh