PDA

View Full Version : Claros To Miss The Cup Game........................If We Keep Him

YehButNoBut
24-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Looks like Jorge will miss the cup game against the Dons (if we keep him) as he will be required for international duty a few days later so will be unavailable.

Any more news if he is staying or not?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/jorge-claros-out-of-hibs-cup-clash-if-he-stays-1-2756509

Hibs boss Pat Fenlon, though, is keen to keep Claros until the end of the season but negotiations with his parent club 
Motagua, where he has 18 months of his current contract to run, have proved lengthy and, thus far, unsuccessful.

Chairman Rod Petrie has been in charge of the matter but while Fenlon revealed he had hoped to learn Claros’ fate early this week as the January transfer window deadline draws ever closer, there has been no news one way or the other.

However, the Evening News has learned that even if Claros is given the green light to remain in Edinburgh he’ll soon be heading back to his homeland on international duty.

Honduras are due to play the first match of their final qualifying stage for next year’s World Cup in Brazil on Wednesday, February 6, just three days after Hibs face the Dons Easter Road and, given the distance and time involved in travelling to Central America, there’s little likelihood of him being 
available for the Cup match.

CallumLaidlaw
24-01-2013, 03:31 PM
@jamiekborthwick: Pat Fenlon says Jorge Claros' Hibs future will be decided in the next 24 hours.

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2013, 04:08 PM
@jamiekborthwick: Pat Fenlon says Jorge Claros' Hibs future will be decided in the next 24 hours.

Fingers crossed it goes in our favour, if not it gives us under a week to bring in a replacement......

H18sry
24-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Fingers crossed it goes in our favour, if not it gives us under a week to bring in a replacement......

If it goes against us I can see us bidding for Craig to come now instead of at the end of the season.

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2013, 04:22 PM
If it goes against us I can see us bidding for Craig to come now instead of at the end of the season.

That would be great. I read somewhere St J where looking for around £60k, and was told Geoff Brown can be difficult to deal with, and with them getting nothing for him in the summer, it might test his resolve to offer 25-30 for Craig.....Depends if they see him as being a vital player for the second half of season.....

big-mo
24-01-2013, 04:44 PM
I have just been informed (reliable source) that he will return until end of season, also that the Wylde will also be joining on loan.

Baldy Foghorn
24-01-2013, 06:19 PM
I have just been informed (reliable source) that he will return until end of season, also that the Wylde will also be joining on loan.

Good news Maurice.......:aok: