PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Gregg Wylde

Judas Iscariot
24-01-2013, 07:17 AM
Anyone heard anything about him coming on loan?

Spike Mandela
24-01-2013, 07:23 AM
Anyone heard anything about him coming on loan?

That's a Wylde rumour!

Mark79
24-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Rather have oscar.

truehibernian
24-01-2013, 07:31 AM
Rather have oscar.

Wee bit fruity :greengrin

I'd rather have Kim (Kids in America days, not her 'dungaree wearing, allotment and crocus planting days)

DaveF
24-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Getting back on topic, where is he currently at? Bolton perhaps?

Never really seen enough of him to make a proper judgement. Bit of a Danny Wilson maybe :greengrin

andrew70
24-01-2013, 08:01 AM
Exactly what we need. Pacy left winger who can cross a ball. If we can, we should get him. The only issue being is he's only played a handful of times on loan at Bury since his move to Bolton. Bolton's loss would be our gain IMO

Iain G
24-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Getting back on topic, where is he currently at? Bolton perhaps?

Never really seen enough of him to make a proper judgement. Bit of a Danny Wilson maybe :greengrin

You mean like Marys Prayer?!?!

Pretty Boy
24-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Remember him being pretty decent.

Had a bit of pace which is something we are sorely missing so if its a possibility then I'd be happy enough to get him.

Aldo
24-01-2013, 09:24 AM
I think Wylde would provide us with some quality in the final 3rd of the field. O and a bit of pace wide.

jdships
24-01-2013, 10:14 AM
Seem to remember O'Brien , some years ago, getting the same rave reviews - look how that turned out !!!!!!!! :greengrin:wink:
Whatever happened to him anyway ? :confused:

BT58
24-01-2013, 10:15 AM
mon then stevo, spill the beans,:wink::wink::wink:
bt

JDHibs
24-01-2013, 11:24 AM
Seem to remember O'Brien , some years ago, getting the same rave reviews - look how that turned out !!!!!!!! :greengrin:wink:
Whatever happened to him anyway ? :confused:

Hes playing at a level that suits his ability, Hungerford Town FC

Springbank
24-01-2013, 11:37 AM
At long last, a Gregg in Greggs

steviej147
24-01-2013, 11:43 AM
seemingly close to loan deal till end of season ,and from what i can remember he played for the huns then done a runner when they went into admin.natural left winger with bags off pace and can pass players and deliver a decent ball in something that were lacking.:pfgwa

YehButNoBut
24-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Mentioned in the Scotsman today

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/jorge-claros-out-of-hibs-cup-clash-if-he-stays-1-2756509

Meanwhile, former Rangers winger Gregg Wylde is the latest player to be linked with a move to Easter Road. The 21-year-old left the Ibrox club last February as they entered administration before joining Championship outfit Bolton Wanderers on a three-year deal.

He has been out on loan at English League One side Bury but, as he has not played for Bolton this season, would be eligible to turn out for Hibs.

Wylde would fit the bill as the wide player Fenlon has been seeking and he’d find a raft of familiar faces within the Easter Road dressing-room in the shape of former Scotland Under-21 team-mates Paul Hanlon, David Wotherspoon and Leigh Griffiths.

Gmack7
24-01-2013, 11:59 AM
I remember watching holland v scotland 21s wylde was superb on the left as was spoony playing an attacking midfield role

Houchy
24-01-2013, 12:21 PM
I always liked the look of him and McCabe at Rangers and thought they should be 2 players we could have looked at when they were jumping ship. Wylde was always very small but could still beat players and deliver decent crosses :agree:

Moulin Yarns
24-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Wee bit fruity :greengrin

I'd rather have Kim (Kids in America days, not her 'dungaree wearing, allotment and crocus planting days)

I don't know, get her in a hot bed, or even a raised bed and you might reconsider :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
24-01-2013, 12:41 PM
mon then stevo, spill the beans,:wink::wink::wink:
bt

I know nothing :cb

Diclonius
24-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Scotsman seems to suggest we'd be signing him permanently?

Would be delighted with this if true.

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2013, 01:57 PM
He was 'born' to be a Hibs player.

CropleyWasGod
24-01-2013, 02:07 PM
He was 'born' to be a Hibs player.

And Rangers were just a Steppen(wolf) stone?

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Just the sort of player we need, not Irish though BH! ;-)

dunfyhibby
24-01-2013, 02:53 PM
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/10183826.Gregg_Wylde__gone_to_Hibs_/

JimBHibees
24-01-2013, 02:56 PM

That sounds really promising. Hopefully be sorted out so he can play at Aberdeen.

HibeeSince85
24-01-2013, 03:00 PM
Quick, tricky and a left winger. Sounds good to me.:thumbsup:

Heisenberg
24-01-2013, 03:19 PM
From what Blackwell has said in that link its looking very hopeful! Would be a good signing :thumbsup:

frazeHFC
24-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Hoping it's true, would be a decent player for us!

Broken Gnome
24-01-2013, 03:27 PM
If we got Wylde and Daly, and not overlooking the fact that Daly might not always be fit or that Wylde might not have fulfilled his promise, then that's ruddy fantastic.

hfc rd
24-01-2013, 03:30 PM
If we got Wylde and Daly, and not overlooking the fact that Daly might not always be fit or that Wylde might not have fulfilled his promise, then that's ruddy fantastic.

And also if we get Craig in this window on a nominal fee, we would have the strongest side after smeltic in this league. Please God hope this is true!

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2013, 03:31 PM
I dont believe a word of this, why would our manager be looking at a tricky wide player with a bit of pace?

Especially one thats not Irish?

GordonHFC
24-01-2013, 03:35 PM
I dont believe a word of this, why would our manager be looking at a tricky wide player with a bit of pace?

Especially one thats not Irish?

Perhaps Pat thought it was Oscar. He was Irish.

adhibs
24-01-2013, 03:35 PM
No idea if i ever seen him play but sounds like just what we need

Boydyhfc
24-01-2013, 03:42 PM

Here's hoping :agree:

LancashireHibby
24-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Saw him a few times in pre-season and the odd U21 game and his build up play is quite promising if not his end product. Definitely some potential there and worth a punt though.

HibernianJK
24-01-2013, 03:58 PM
just what we need, also means the depth of the squad will increase, as, if he does arrive. i assume spoony would drop to the bench. and that's not a bad option coming on in the last 20

carnoustiehibee
24-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Exactly what we need. Been impressed with fenlons signings so far, all been what we need at that time.

Craig_in_Prague
24-01-2013, 04:08 PM
superb if it happens.

hibeequinn
there's a vid of one of his goals on YouTube against motherwell shows some pace then a neat finish.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Viva_Palmeiras
:top marks
At long last, a Gregg in Greggs

SMAXXA
24-01-2013, 04:18 PM

Here's hoping :agree:

Fingers crossed this comes off, would be great addition to the squad. Have to say the players we are linked with, true or not I am happy with :greengrin

We still need at lest 3 signings in this window IMO (doubt this will happen though)

California-Hibs
24-01-2013, 04:23 PM
there's a vid of one of his goals on YouTube against motherwell shows some pace then a neat finish.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYVfhTRWg7c

PeterboroHibee
24-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Fingers crossed this comes off, would be great addition to the squad. Have to say the players we are linked with, true or not I am happy with :greengrin

We still need at lest 3 signings in this window IMO (doubt this will happen though)

I think Fenlons made it clear we are only going to get 1 or 2 players in (depending on whether Claros stays).

Id be really happy with Wylde, we really need a proper wide player and remember him being really good for Rangers when he first came through.

KeithTheHibby
24-01-2013, 04:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYVfhTRWg7c

I'm sure he kissed that dirty Hun badge after scoring, based on that alone no thanks.

Aldo
24-01-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm sure he kissed that dirty Hun badge after scoring, based on that alone no thanks.

Get a grip. So you don't want a player cos he kissed the badge of the team he played for??? Dearie dearie me.

This guy is young and from what I've seen of him has a bit of quality bout him

GoldenEagle
24-01-2013, 04:39 PM

Please no one bite to this troll.

Mark79
24-01-2013, 04:44 PM
I know nowt about him so asked a hun at work. Says he is quick but thats about it. End product is minging by all accounts. Hardly done a great deal since he left tells you something.

Probably end up signing and being outstanding but he was adament he wasnt up to much.

Aldo
24-01-2013, 04:44 PM

Too late I did but I was nice cos don't want to get banned by admin.

Allant1981
24-01-2013, 04:45 PM
My father in law works with his dad so ill try and find out

Billychaotic182
24-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Is this just a loan or we getting him permanent? If any

DAVE1875
24-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Although he doesn't mention Wylde (Who is mentioned in the link), he does say a lot of the players mentioned in recent rumors aren't even on Hibs' radar

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8431925/Hibernian-boss-Pat-Fenlon-left-bewildered-by-transfer-talk

PeterboroHibee
24-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Although he doesn't mention Wylde (Who is mentioned in the link), he does say a lot of the players mentioned in recent rumors aren't even on Hibs' radar

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8431925/Hibernian-boss-Pat-Fenlon-left-bewildered-by-transfer-talk

I think hes just referring to the numerous players we have been linked to recently.

It would be odd for the Bury manager to publicly say Wylde was coming here if he wasnt, I imagine he would know what was going on with the player, so I think that deal probably will happen.

Billy Whizz
24-01-2013, 05:47 PM

He then put 2 fingers upto them and went to England

Piqué
24-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Also heard from a friend he has no final ball, only pace. I seem to remember he could whip in a decent corner in his Rangers days though, so there is still hope that he might one day learn to cross the ball whilst running..

Squealing pig
24-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Great signing IMHO

Heisenberg
24-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Had a look at a Sevco forum earlier and they were all ripping into him. One level headed chap did point out that this was only the case because he'd bailed on them and he'd been described as a player who would get you excited and up off your seat. Hope we get him signed.

bingo70
24-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Also heard from a friend he has no final ball, only pace. I seem to remember he could whip in a decent corner in his Rangers days though, so there is still hope that he might one day learn to cross the ball whilst running..

I think we need to be realistic, if he was a young player with pace to burn, put in a great cross every time and offered a goal threat he wouldn't have just been shipped out by a struggling championship side.

I don't mean to sound like I'm putting the guy down though, I think he could be a good signing, I'm expecting a raw youngster that'll offer us some pace on the wings, I realise he'll probably not score 10 goals a season and create bucket loads though, he will give other teams something to think about though.

renato
24-01-2013, 06:22 PM
I know nowt about him so asked a hun at work. Says he is quick but thats about it. End product is minging by all accounts.

Reminds me of a certain £5k signing. IS proved that pace is enough to be successful in the SPL - and that was playing against much better full backs back then too.

Fingers crossed...

Tyler Durden
24-01-2013, 06:24 PM
I think he'd be a brilliant signing - he's exactly what we need, pace and ability. Can't see us having any chance of a permanent deal but even a loan would be a timely boost.

Rangers fans are just bitter, despite the fact Wylde actually left on decent terms on the basis he was freeing up wages at a time they were looking at cutting the staff. They'll be raging that Wilson and Wylde are back in the SPL whilst they're watching 4th tier sh*te.

shetlandhibee
24-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Hes a great player and would be massive addition to our squad and would give us different ways in which to attack and defend:thumbsup:

Piqué
24-01-2013, 07:01 PM
I think we need to be realistic, if he was a young player with pace to burn, put in a great cross every time and offered a goal threat he wouldn't have just been shipped out by a struggling championship side.

I don't mean to sound like I'm putting the guy down though, I think he could be a good signing, I'm expecting a raw youngster that'll offer us some pace on the wings, I realise he'll probably not score 10 goals a season and create bucket loads though, he will give other teams something to think about though.
:agree: Honestly I'll be delighted if we sign him, that post wasn't 100% serious from me. My hun mate will have been comparing him to the glory days at Rangers, he will have it easier now playing against what are probably lower quality full backs.

Eyrie
24-01-2013, 07:19 PM
just what we need, also means the depth of the squad will increase, as, if he does arrive. i assume spoony would drop to the bench. and that's not a bad option coming on in the last 20
Entirely possible given that we have plenty of central midfielders and Cairney can play on the right. But on the other hand moving Cairney to partner Deegan in the middle and keeping Wotherspoon on the right sounds more appealling to me.

Bishop Hibee
24-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Entirely possible given that we have plenty of central midfielders and Cairney can play on the right. But on the other hand moving Cairney to partner Deegan in the middle and keeping Wotherspoon on the right sounds more appealling to me.

:agree: Another step in improving the team.

3pm
24-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Bury manager reckons he is Hibs bound.

LancashireHibby
24-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Careful now...!

JDHibs
24-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Brilliant signing if it happens

bingo70
24-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Careful now...!

Sorry.......(are they not struggling though? Don't pay much attention to English football and thought they were having a bad season?)

Have you seen much of him this season? What's yourthoughts on him?

Apologies if you've already answered earlier in the thread, can't be ersed reading through it all

California-Hibs
24-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Please please please please Hibs!!

nonshinyfinish
24-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Had a look at a Sevco forum earlier

Apply twice a day and you'll be fine.

LancashireHibby
24-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Sorry.......(are they not struggling though? Don't pay much attention to English football and thought they were having a bad season?)

Have you seen much of him this season? What's yourthoughts on him?

Apologies if you've already answered earlier in the thread, can't be ersed reading through it all
He's not played competitively for the first team yet (at all, never mind this season). He actually signed in January last year but red tape with the Zombie Huns meant he couldn't be registered with us, and if he had played any first team games for BWFC this season then he'd be ineligible to play elsewhere now that you're only allowed to play for two clubs in a season.

He played a few times for the first team in pre-season and we figured he might have a chance of getting some game time in the Championship, but then Owen Coyle got sacked and it seems Dougie Freedman doesn't particularly rate him, and loaned him out to Bury. I've seen him play the odd U21 game earlier in the season and he's very quick and likes to go up and down the touchline, but his end product can be lacking at the best of times and by all accounts he didn't exactly rip up any trees at Bury. That said, he showed at OldCo that he can do well in the SPL and the comparison with Sproule isn't a bad one, although I would say he's not quite as 'direct' in his running as Ivan was.

Russell The Dug
24-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Mon hibs make this happen. Will be just what we need.

AlbertK86
24-01-2013, 08:17 PM

Sign him and Daly and go

Doyle. Cairney Deegan. Wylde

Daly. Griffiths

California-Hibs
24-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Sign him and Daly and go

Daly. Griffiths

I would take that midfield/front line in a heartbeat! What a difference we'd see in our style of play with that team!

LancashireHibby
24-01-2013, 08:22 PM
I would take that midfield/front line in a heartbeat! What a difference we'd see in our style of play with that team!
Aye, we'd score 7 goals every week. Which is a good job as we'd be conceding at least 6 at the other end!

Vault Boy
24-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Sign him and Daly and go

Daly. Griffiths

I'd stick Claros in for Deegs if we're going on possible signings. I think keeping Jorge is a lot more likely than signing Daly, however. Would look like a good side with a decent bench if this were to happen. To have players like Taiwo, Deegan, Wotherspoon and Stevenson as cover/competition would be excellent IMO. :aok:

KeithTheHibby
24-01-2013, 08:57 PM

Troll?

Been on here over 10 years pal, keep the insults to yourself.

KeithTheHibby
24-01-2013, 08:58 PM
He then put 2 fingers upto them and went to England

:greengrin

KeithTheHibby
24-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Get a grip. So you don't want a player cos he kissed the badge of the team he played for??? Dearie dearie me.

This guy is young and from what I've seen of him has a bit of quality bout him

I forgot this from my original post:wink:

TheFamous1875
24-01-2013, 09:19 PM
So, is this Daly rumour got any substance behind it, or is it just the same old Greggs haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

steviehibsleith
24-01-2013, 09:33 PM
We have secured Mcgivern and Griff and looking likely to keep Claros as well till the summer which is all great news IMO , If we can get Wylde as well I think i will be a very good transfer window for hibs. PF stated and we all know we need a fast attacking wide player.
And if being greedy a 6ft 4 solid CH who wins everything in the air.

brydekirk
24-01-2013, 09:33 PM
Mon hibs make this happen. Will be just what we need.

He's on his way up the frog & toad.

shetlandhibee
24-01-2013, 10:20 PM
I'd stick Claros in for Deegs if we're going on possible signings. I think keeping Jorge is a lot more likely than signing Daly, however. Would look like a good side with a decent bench if this were to happen. To have players like Taiwo, Deegan, Wotherspoon and Stevenson as cover/competition would be excellent IMO. :aok:

:agree:

Aldo
24-01-2013, 10:30 PM
I forgot this from my original post:wink:

Ok

Judas Iscariot
24-01-2013, 10:46 PM
I reckon this will be announced tomorrow :agree:

California-Hibs
24-01-2013, 11:27 PM
I reckon this will be announced tomorrow :agree:

:pray:

.Sean.
25-01-2013, 01:17 AM
Sounds like a very promising signing.

Russ
25-01-2013, 05:04 AM
According to the sun, the Bury manager says he has agreed terms with us.

hibsbollah
25-01-2013, 08:38 AM
We have secured Mcgivern and Griff and looking likely to keep Claros as well till the summer which is all great news IMO , If we can get Wylde as well I think i will be a very good transfer window for hibs. PF stated and we all know we need a fast attacking wide player.
And if being greedy a 6ft 4 solid CH who wins everything in the air.

Konte was 6'4. Not sure we could prise him away from the heel of Italy though.

lyonhibs
25-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Konte was 6'4. Not sure we could prise him away from the heel of Italy though.

5'8 when he jumped through.

Proving what we all knew anyway, he was an otherworldly celestial being.

Houchy
25-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Perhaps Pat thought it was Oscar. He was Irish.

Is Oscar not Brazilian? Besides, he's getting a regular game at Chelsea so I can't see them letting him go out on loan:greengrin

Apocalypso
25-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Be better wi Oscar Wilde..

Judas Iscariot
25-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Be better wi Oscar Wilde..

Woah, check out speedy there..

Sorry Bullet but that funny was aired 3 pages ago :aok:

Tinribs
26-01-2013, 12:10 AM
Would be happy with this signing, i don't care if his final ball is crap as long as he can rip up the wing.

Someone did however describe him as a 'Great' player...i reserve that kind of stuff for Maradonna and Messi tbh :greengrin

Jones28
26-01-2013, 12:35 AM
Wouldn't say it's a bad signing at all, we have been crying out for a natural wide player all season