PDA

View Full Version : Drums for Sect 43?

green glory
23-01-2013, 04:29 PM
If it's of any interest a guy at work is getting rid of a full drum kit (1 bass drum, 3 toms, snare, high hat and a ride cymbal). If Sect 43 want it let me know. He's only looking for £20 which he's giving to charity which I'll happily pay if it's going to be used at ER. Might be good for spares in case the current one gets damaged, or if multiple drummers are ever needed. It wouldn't take too much ingenuity to split it up and use them seperately. Maybe fit a strap to the toms to make them portable.

Let me know.

lyonhibs
23-01-2013, 04:38 PM
There aren't any wind or brass instruments going on the cheap as well are there?

I'm thinking the Green and White equivalent of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySJ8CZmq2V8

green glory
23-01-2013, 04:59 PM
There aren't any wind or brass instruments going on the cheap as well are there?

I'm thinking the Green and White equivalent of: YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySJ8CZmq2V8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySJ8CZmq2V8)

Afraid not. And I'm definitely not bringing my guitars to ER!

Although a wall of Marshalls might be just the ticket.

Chuck Rhoades
23-01-2013, 06:21 PM
PM the size of the bass/toms please.

ALF TUPPER
23-01-2013, 06:32 PM
I'll bring my guitars to Easter Road ! Lolol
Lovin the sound of a Marshall wall .
KERRRAAAAAANG !!

green glory
23-01-2013, 09:40 PM

I don't have the sizes to hand although I can find out tomorrow as the kit is sitting at work. In the meantime here's a pic. Not a Tama kit I'm afraid.

RIP
24-01-2013, 01:38 AM
Ma two laddies both had some drum lessons at school

They would need more confidence to stepup on matchday but if the Sect43 'trainer' is still game for under the stand lessons pre-match it might give the regular chap a break from drummers wrist or whatever that condition is called :greengrin

green glory
24-01-2013, 08:27 AM

Check your pm's.

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2013, 08:56 AM
Ma two laddies both had some drum lessons at school

They would need more confidence to stepup on matchday but if the Sect43 'trainer' is still game for under the stand lessons pre-match it might give the regular chap a break from drummers wrist or whatever that condition is called :greengrin

Is thats what the kids are calling it these days? :tee hee:

green glory
24-01-2013, 02:44 PM
Another pic for good measure.

Moon unit
24-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Another pic for good measure.
What ever happened to the Asian drummer band who played at half time at ER a few years ago, they were quality!:not worth

Hibercelona
24-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Instead of going to all the hassle, perhaps we should just pay a band to come in and make a noise for us. I hear that's what all the great fans up in Aberdeen are doing....

Greendub
24-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Proclaimers?

Jonnyboy
24-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Is thats what the kids are calling it these days? :tee hee:

A symbol of the times G

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2013, 11:06 PM
A symbol of the times G

:faf::faf::top marks very good John.

MB62
25-01-2013, 08:51 AM
A symbol of the times G

Things could start getting a bit Cozy at Easter Road with all these drums :wink: :greengrin

MoscowHibs
25-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Things could start getting a bit Cozy at Easter Road with all these drums :wink: :greengrin

Watts that ye say,drums at ER.No in an evening match I hope. I just like Paice and quiet tae watch my fitba under the the Moon and Starr(s).

green glory
25-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Watts that ye say,drums at ER.No in an evening match I hope. I just like Paice and quiet tae watch my fitba under the the Moon and Starr(s).

The noise might do the 'McBrains' in of some of the older fans.

MB62
25-01-2013, 11:07 AM
On a slightly serious note.
During my Scottish Claymores supporting days, I bought a sort of horn thing (no, not horny, HORN) in Amsterdam (ok then, I was a bit horny in Amsterdam) :greengrin when we were at a world bowl final. This thing makes an incredible noise and would probably put those damn vuvuzelas, or whatever they are called, to shame.
If I can find it in the house, section 43 are welcome to it if they think they can use it. BTW, I wouldn't like to be the standing beside whoever was giving it ladly.

ZS DOOM
25-01-2013, 11:21 AM
During my Scottish Claymores supporting days, I bought a sort of horn thing (no, not horny, HORN) in Amsterdam (ok then, I was a bit horny in Amsterdam) :greengrin when we were at a world bowl final. This thing makes an incredible noise and would probably put those damn vuvuzelas, or whatever they are called, to shame.
If I can find it in the house, section 43 are welcome to it if they think they can use it. BTW, I wouldn't like to be the standing beside whoever was giving it ladly.

We'll just stick with the one drum for now...

RIP
25-01-2013, 08:36 PM

Sounds like a great idea - maybe we can add a couple more horns and have a kind of brass band in Section 43 for the cup game against the Sheep?

Jonnyboy
25-01-2013, 08:50 PM

It's not there MB - I distinctly recall you telling me you'd rammed up some Jambo's erse :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
25-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Sounds like a great idea - maybe we can add a couple more horns and have a kind of brass band in Section 43 for the cup game against the Sheep?

God, please no.

RIP
25-01-2013, 09:00 PM

God, please no.

Sorry Mate - was sure I had added a wink there! :wink::wink:

#FromTheCapital
25-01-2013, 09:01 PM
I have an ocarina for sale if anyone's interested? Lets make Easter road a fortress!!

green glory
25-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Joviality aside are these drums required for ER? If not a chap has pm'd me looking to take them for himself. I need to know shortly.