23-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Did I hear that right? :confused:

yes, 1 year deal

Hibbyradge
23-01-2013, 02:00 PM
His son. :rolleyes:

Haymaker
23-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Was it not his son Brooklyn? At the academy.

lyonhibs
23-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Brooklyn is on trial with them, and Papa Beckham was along to watch seemingly.

Hibercelona
23-01-2013, 02:28 PM
He's Davids son, so he must be great.

:whistle:

Treadstone
23-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Did I hear that right? :confused:

Did you think it might have got a wee mention somewhere ? Instead of the usual Beckham, stop the world for a wee minute till we tell you the latest Becks news.:rolleyes:

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Anything for a headline eh?

His PR must be going in to overdrive trying to keep him and his soor faced talentless wummin o his on the front page

Why Chelsea? why not his "beloved" Manchester United?, yep your right, money talks eh?, Fergie would have had him on next to nothing whereas he'll be getting every perk under the sun from Abramovich..

Mingin...

Haymaker
23-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Anything for a headline eh?

His PR must be going in to overdrive trying to keep him and his soor faced talentless wummin o his on the front page

Why Chelsea? why not his "beloved" Manchester United?, yep your right, money talks eh?, Fergie would have had him on next to nothing whereas he'll be getting every perk under the sun from Abramovich..

Mingin...

Or maybe United have a full compliment of players at his age? Or maybe he has done some research and seen how much Chelsea are trying to improve their poor record of development and thinks it is the best place right now for his son?

Or maybe Brooklyn likes Chelsea?

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Or maybe Brooklyn likes Chelsea?

He was in the crowd with his Dad with Manchester United colours on last week, can't remember what game tho

Haymaker
23-01-2013, 03:36 PM
He was in the crowd with his Dad with Manchester United colours on last week, can't remember what game tho

As in he thinks it is best to train at, if you feel welcomed and enjoy the sessions better you might select that ahead of another club. Many of my friends left clubs in South London for others because they didnt enjoy themselves at one club.

iwasthere1972
23-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Brooklyn at The Bridge.

Velma Dinkley
23-01-2013, 03:45 PM
possible replacement for andrew driver?

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-01-2013, 04:01 PM
As in he thinks it is best to train at, if you feel welcomed and enjoy the sessions better you might select that ahead of another club. Many of my friends left clubs in South London for others because they didnt enjoy themselves at one club.

Sorry mate, with respects, I don't understand what you mean.

Beckham is a classic cockney red and it's obvious to me his soor faced wife doesn't want to stay in Manchester but Landan dahling, hence the tie up I would say.

Manchester United in my opinion have a far greater output of young players coming through than Chelsea will ever have.

It's all money money money in todays football and it shows big time here.

Haymaker
23-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Sorry mate, with respects, I don't understand what you mean.

Beckham is a classic cockney red and it's obvious to me his soor faced wife doesn't want to stay in Manchester but Landan dahling, hence the tie up I would say.

Manchester United in my opinion have a far greater output of young players coming through than Chelsea will ever have.

It's all money money money in todays football and it shows big time here.

Chelsea are spending large to develop talent. And I mean HUGE sums of cash. A good friend of mine coaches through 8-14 at Chelsea, the orders from "up high" are that they must produce top level players and now.

In that sense, maybe it is a tie up. A recognised English name joins the academy. And maybe yes they dont want to live in Manchester (what with the rules on distance to training) but it could also be that Chelsea made the impression on both Brooklyn and David to send him there rather than anywhere else.