View Full Version : Turning away fans

madbadlad
23-01-2013, 12:36 PM
I know the Hibs' office is a bit of a joke at times (45 min queue last time I was there with only 7 folk in front of me, no Hibs tops in size "M" over the Christmas period, etc), but failing to let in a season ticket holder of 20 years takes the Garibaldi. Mate of mine turned away from Dundee game as his season scanned twice by guy on turnstile. Despite arguing with him and then at the Hibs office, he wasn't allowed in!

Sort it out, Petrie!

:grr:

23-01-2013, 12:38 PM
I know the Hibs' office is a bit of a joke at times (45 min queue last time I was there with only 7 folk in front of me, no Hibs tops in size "M" over the Christmas period, etc), but failing to let in a season ticket holder of 20 years takes the Garibaldi. Mate of mine turned away from Dundee game as his season scanned twice by guy on turnstile. Despite arguing with him and then at the Hibs office, he wasn't allowed in!

Sort it out, Petrie!

Eh??

Why didn't it go through the 1st time it was scanned?

23-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Eh??

Why didn't it go through the 1st time it was scanned?

Greedy

23-01-2013, 12:50 PM

Sort it out, Petrie!

I don't quite understand the nature of the problem.:confused: My membership card was embarrassingly not accepted on one occasion but that was because the details had not been loaded on to my card when they should have been.

I would have thought he should be eligible for a refund of Saturday's admission price (and a wee bit compensation for the hassle it's caused!)

23-01-2013, 12:52 PM

Sort it out, Petrie!

The same thing happened to me on Saturday I gave them my ticket the woman scanned it but didn't open the turnstyle. By the time I realised she hadn't opened it she had walked away I waited for her to come back and she scanned it again and told me it had already been scanned I told her I knew that and that it was her that had done it 2 minutes ago and she opened the turnstyle this time. There was a bit of a dispute going on at the turnstyle opposite me and she was more interested in what was happening there maybe it was your mate that was arguing with them

23-01-2013, 12:56 PM
The same thing happened to me on Saturday I gave them my ticket the woman scanned it but didn't open the turnstyle. By the time I realised she hadn't opened it she had walked away I waited for her to come back and she scanned it again and told me it had already been scanned I told her I knew that and that it was her that had done it 2 minutes ago and she opened the turnstyle this time. There was a bit of a dispute going on at the turnstyle opposite me and she was more interested in what was happening there maybe it was your mate that was arguing with them

A scanning scam.

If the admissions were getting recorded twice then it's no wonder there was a reasonable crowd last Saturday.

23-01-2013, 01:01 PM
A scanning scam.

If the admissions were getting recorded twice then it's no wonder there was a reasonable crowd last Saturday.

Maybe my card has been cloned I can't think why anyone would want to do such a thing though :greengrin

23-01-2013, 01:46 PM
I don't quite understand the nature of the problem.:confused: My membership card was embarrassingly not accepted on one occasion but that was because the details had not been loaded on to my card when they should have been.

I would have thought he should be eligible for a refund of Saturday's admission price (and a wee bit compensation for the hassle it's caused!)

It widnae happen at Motherwell.:greengriny

23-01-2013, 01:47 PM
It widnae happen at Motherwell.:greengriny

Get on wi' your work you.

hibee
23-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Shocking customer service but hardly surprising going on past experiences, they seem to enjoy making it difficult for fans to attend games.

23-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Shocking customer service but hardly surprising going on past experiences, they seem to enjoy making it difficult for fans to attend games.

I sometimes think HFC want to stay ahead of the field in the art of pi$$ing customers off.
You kinda wonder if the organisers/PR guys want us to stay home and not bother them at all - ever.

Stories like the above are astounding but unfortunately not a rarity within our vegetable garden.

madbadlad
23-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Just blanked him. Mate said someone must have used it before. How he could have then got the season from this "mystery person" is beyond me. Chucked over the stadium wall!?

23-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Just blanked him. Mate said someone must have used it before. How he could have then got the season from this "mystery person" is beyond me. Chucked over the stadium wall!?

So what actually happened? He presented his season ticket to the turnstile operator and.....................................

23-01-2013, 08:06 PM

Nae chance!!

In my experience you get absolutely feic all from hibs in the way of good will gestures. Some real tight arse, piss customer relations been going on down there for years!!

23-01-2013, 08:22 PM

Probably not too difficult to pass your ticket to someone behind you with a bit of sleight of hand. But if the operator is paying attention, it'll be pretty obvious when someone doesn't get in 1st time.

Lang Toun Hibs
23-01-2013, 08:47 PM
I sometimes think HFC want to stay ahead of the field in the art of pi$$ing customers off.
You kinda wonder if the organisers/PR guys want us to stay home and not bother them at all - ever.

Stories like the above are astounding but unfortunately not a rarity within our vegetable garden.

For what it's worth, I've nothing but positive things to say about the folks in the ticket/admin office. Whenever I've had issues with tickets etc. (even of my own making!) they have sorted things out with no fuss whatsoever. Sorry to hear that it hasn't gone well this time around but such is my own experience, I felt the need to stand up for them.

23-01-2013, 08:54 PM
For what it's worth, I've nothing but positive things to say about the folks in the ticket/admin office. Whenever I've had issues with tickets etc. (even of my own making!) they have sorted things out with no fuss whatsoever. Sorry to hear that it hasn't gone well this time around but such is my own experience, I felt the need to stand up for them.

Same here. Reading some of the stuff on this thread makes you wonder why the posters bother with the club at all.

madbadlad
23-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Just stating what happened. You wouldn't get this hassle if going to the cinema or theatre, so why at the Theatre of Green? Anyway, club's official website got back to me and said, "This should not have happened and can only apologise for the inconvenience that was caused". So, unlikely to get a refund....

Unrequited love....

23-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Same here. Reading some of the stuff on this thread makes you wonder why the posters bother with the club at all.

My experiences are also pretty positive with the ticket office .... but sometimes Hibs mess it up.

I usually go to the ticket office after matches to buy tickets for future games. But this Saturday because I had to get home fast I decided to go before kick off to get Aberdeen tickets.

Usually tickets are sold in the shop, but on Saturday they were being sold from the ticket office windows out the back of the west stand, not sure why because every ticket I have bought in the last year has been in the shop, not from the ticket office.

Anyway ... it turned out the queue for buying tickets was also the queue for folk who had forgotten / lost their season tickets ( eh? ), so anyway even though the queue was only about 10 folk long it was kick off time when I got served, by which time I had been in the queue for about 15 minutes.

I dashed round to the FF turnstyles only to find them shut ... when I asked the steward standing nearbye what was going on she said "they always shut the turnstyles at kick off time" in a manner which suggested that I was daft for not knowing that ... right enough ... I always arrive at the game 5 minutes after bloody kick off.

I was then directed back the way I had come to the other end of the FF where 2 turnstyles were open. There were a couple of foreign lads holding tickets who for some reason were not being allowed in, they seemed as bemused as I was.

Anyway .... It wasnt too bad .... at least I made it into the stand just in time to see Dundee score ...... FFS.

Three points really:

1) .... Why sell tickets in the shop 90% of the time and then suddenly switch to the ticket office windows.

2) .... Why was there not a separate queue for ticket sales instead of one for ticket uplift and one for lost STs and ticket purchases.

3) .... Is it unreasonable to have the turnstyles open at least 10 minutes into the game for latecomers, instead of having folk who are already late running about trying to fiind an open one.

Surely Hibs could make life a little bit easier for folk ... I mean c'mon I travelled 38 miles in pretty rubbish conditions to get to ER on Saturday ,,,, isnt it the least they could do?

Lang Toun Hibs
23-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Just stating what happened. You wouldn't get this hassle if going to the cinema
Unrequited love....

You need to visit the Playhouse cinema in Perth - minging cinema and hopeless customer service...simply shocking all round! :agree:

23-01-2013, 11:33 PM
My experiences are also pretty positive with the ticket office .... but sometimes Hibs mess it up.

I usually go to the ticket office after matches to buy tickets for future games. But this Saturday because I had to get home fast I decided to go before kick off to get Aberdeen tickets.

Usually tickets are sold in the shop, but on Saturday they were being sold from the ticket office windows out the back of the west stand, not sure why because every ticket I have bought in the last year has been in the shop, not from the ticket office.

Anyway ... it turned out the queue for buying tickets was also the queue for folk who had forgotten / lost their season tickets ( eh? ), so anyway even though the queue was only about 10 folk long it was kick off time when I got served, by which time I had been in the queue for about 15 minutes.

I dashed round to the FF turnstyles only to find them shut ... when I asked the steward standing nearbye what was going on she said "they always shut the turnstyles at kick off time" in a manner which suggested that I was daft for not knowing that ... right enough ... I always arrive at the game 5 minutes after bloody kick off.

I was then directed back the way I had come to the other end of the FF where 2 turnstyles were open. There were a couple of foreign lads holding tickets who for some reason were not being allowed in, they seemed as bemused as I was.

Anyway .... It wasnt too bad .... at least I made it into the stand just in time to see Dundee score ...... FFS.

Three points really:

1) .... Why sell tickets in the shop 90% of the time and then suddenly switch to the ticket office windows.

2) .... Why was there not a separate queue for ticket sales instead of one for ticket uplift and one for lost STs and ticket purchases.

3) .... Is it unreasonable to have the turnstyles open at least 10 minutes into the game for latecomers, instead of having folk who are already late running about trying to fiind an open one.

Surely Hibs could make life a little bit easier for folk ... I mean c'mon I travelled 38 miles in pretty rubbish conditions to get to ER on Saturday ,,,, isnt it the least they could do?

They should be kissing the ***** of the people who turned up on a bloody cold afternoon to watch the team. Not pissing them off.:agree: