PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Easter Road Cup Fever

RSS Bot
23-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Buy Aberdeen Cup tickets, 3 February

More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130123/easter-road-cup-fever_2262950_3050693)

Saorsa
23-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Cannae say I've noticed this fever, anybody any ideas on ticket sales? If they're poor it's little surprise and not because of anything Hibs have done in particular but because of the staleness and boringness that persists within Scottish fitba as a whole, which isnae going tae change with the latest crap attempt (which could still see teams playing each other 6 or 7 times a season) at shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Aberdeen 24th November :yawn:
Aberdeen 27th January :yawn:
Aberdeen 03rd February :yawn:

brydekirk
23-01-2013, 01:15 PM
You'll no be intrested in going to the final then.

hibbysam
23-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Cannae say I've noticed this fever, anybody any ideas on ticket sales? If they're poor it's little surprise and not because of anything Hibs have done in particular but because of the staleness and boringness that persists within Scottish fitba as a whole, which isnae going tae change with the latest crap attempt (which could still see teams playing each other 6 or 7 times a season) at shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Your point is completely invalid.. You could play a team as many times in an 18/16 team league than you could in a 12 team league by drawing in te cup and playing in league cup.. You could play two league games but take each other to a replay in the scottish and play in league cup. Still 5 games! There ain't no money in Scottish football to drop the amount of home games a team plays! Imagine how much a loss we would have without 1 x hearts and Celtic fixture per year!

The Sea-gull
23-01-2013, 01:51 PM

Sometimes supporting a team is about focussing on how much your team need your support in a particular game and how important the game is rather than how interesting it is.

Saorsa
23-01-2013, 02:43 PM
You'll no be intrested in going to the final then.Why's that then?

Saorsa
23-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Sometimes supporting a team is about focussing on how much your team need your support in a particular game and how important the game is rather than how interesting it is.What it should be and what it is for some people though are two different things, value for money, entertaiment, etc, particularly when it's 20 odd quid a time. A lot of people dinnae want tae go and see or pay £20+ tae watch the same team they played just a week or a few weeks previously. I merely questioned (and gave a reason for it) cup fever as I dinnae see it, dae you? I see one thread that raised a question on ticket sales and nothing else, I dinnae see anybody getting excited or feverish about it. And for the record (and for the smart erse a few posts above) I have my ticket and as ST holder of more years than I care tae remember I'll be taking a ticket for any final we should happen get tae. I'm just no falling of my seat with excitement at the prospect of playing Aberdeen AGAIN

brydekirk
23-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Why's that then?

May be the "staleness and boringness that persists in scotish football"

Saorsa
23-01-2013, 04:04 PM
May be the "staleness and boringness that persists in scotish football"I never said it stopped me, I've been going too long, it does however, along with the cost stop plenty others. I suggested it as a reason for what I see as a lack of excitement about this game and as a possible reason for a poor crowd if that's what happens. I certainly dinnae see the fever though, dae you?

monktonharp
23-01-2013, 04:04 PM
What it should be and what it is for some people though are two different things, value for money, entertaiment, etc, particularly when it's 20 odd quid a time. A lot of people dinnae want tae go and see or pay £20+ tae watch the same team they played just a week or a few weeks previously. I merely questioned (and gave a reason for it) cup fever as I dinnae see it, dae you? I see one thread that raised a question on ticket sales and nothing else, I dinnae see anybody getting excited or feverish about it. And for the record (and for the smart erse a few posts above) I have my ticket and as ST holder of more years than I care tae remember I'll be taking a ticket for any final we should happen get tae. I'm just no falling of my seat with excitement at the prospect of playing Aberdeen AGAIN awrite big man, it would be better if we got that Gorgie mob again, in the next round but that isnae gonnae happen is it?. stop moanin' and putting folk off the cup game. I'll no be sittin' next tae you btw:greengrin

Saorsa
23-01-2013, 04:06 PM
awrite big man, it would be better if we got that Gorgie mob again, in the next round but that isnae gonnae happen is it?. stop moanin' and putting folk off the cup game. I'll no be sittin' next tae you btw:greengrinthank **** for that :greengrin

Saorsa
23-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Your point is completely invalid.. You could play a team as many times in an 18/16 team league than you could in a 12 team league by drawing in te cup and playing in league cup.. You could play two league games but take each other to a replay in the scottish and play in league cup. Still 5 games! There ain't no money in Scottish football to drop the amount of home games a team plays! Imagine how much a loss we would have without 1 x hearts and Celtic fixture per year!Completely Invalid? It's two games for sure you're guaranteed you're no going tae play the same team, a possible 5 times is still better than a possible 7 and mair games you are guaranteed against different teams in a bigger league, that's no invalid, that's a fact. There's also still nae guarantee of 2 hame games against the top teams with the new setup, any mair than there is with the current setup (as we already ken), that will still depend on finishing in the right part of the league pre-split, only instead of having 3 rounds of games tae achieve it, there will only be 2. More pressure on teams, less chance for young players

Once again though this reconstruction IMO has nothing tae dae with what is good for Scottish fitba, it's still all about keeping the majority of the money at the top end, nothing mair than shuffling the deck chairs.

A lot of that's for another thread, my point about about cup fever still stands, if it exists I've missed it, I will still be going tae support my team but the fact is a lot of people get fed up watching us playing the same teams too many times (IIRC about 90% of those that voted, voted for a bigger league) and paying as much as they're being asked tae for the privilege of doing so which is why they dinnae go.