To be fair, we've done exactly what we said we'd do
Prioritise getting the 3 loanees extended

Diclonius
22-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Haud yer horses.

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2013, 09:56 PM
WHY NO SIGNINGS , most clubs are signing good (ish) players, why not us ,

I dont think Pat is that bothered about the club, and he's only really interested in signing Irish players anyway?

clerriehibs
22-01-2013, 09:59 PM
I dont think Pat is that bothered about the club, and he's only really interested in signing Irish players anyway?

You've noticed that too, then ...

Russell The Dug
22-01-2013, 10:06 PM
It's part of the course. Exocet a few rushed loan signings in the last couple days on the window.

Hibtastic
22-01-2013, 10:08 PM
It's part of the course. Exocet a few rushed loan signings in the last couple days on the window.

Patience lad, patience

CB_NO3
22-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Every window the same question gets asked. Surely by now everyone must know that Rod waits to the last few days, but as folk have said, we have signed 2 out of the 3 players that we wanted.

Velma Dinkley
22-01-2013, 10:09 PM
No, we won't even get rushed loan signings. Pat Fenlon is clueless and Rod Petrie is tighter than a nun's front bottom.

spike220
22-01-2013, 10:10 PM
WHY NO SIGNINGS , most clubs are signing good (irish) players, why not us ,

fixed that for you :greengrin.

Spike Mandela
22-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Patience lad, patience

Patientia puer patientia in Latin would be excellent as the club motto under the crest.:cb

PatHead
22-01-2013, 10:13 PM

Who have "most clubs" signed? The only club that has been really active is Ross County. Killie, Aberdeen, Hearts and Motherwell are worse off now than they were at the start of the window.

We prioritised our loan players and have 2 signed up along with a pre contract.

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Who have "most clubs" signed? The only club that has been really active is Ross County. Killie, Aberdeen, Hearts and Motherwell are worse off now than they were at the start of the window.

We prioritised our loan players and have 2 signed up along with a pre contract.

Stop it, facts are not what he wants to hear?

LeighLoyal
22-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Craig pre contract not count as a signing? We should get in somebody to replace Ivan as we lack width, nobody on the bench either except youth.

spike220
22-01-2013, 10:58 PM
I am very happy with activity so far, Giffiths extended, McGivern extended, Craig Pre-contract, Donalson tied up. I'd rather wait for quality signings than something jsut for the sake of it. Few thought we would get to keep Griffiths & McGivern but we have and we are trying our best with Claros.

One more real quality signing and I will be a very happy Hibee.

gegs70
23-01-2013, 12:33 AM
Loan signings extended great....

Hopefully fenlon can address a few areas that need resolved....such as a striker, winger and a midfielder who likes to take a few shots at goal!!!

Its frustrating that some contact with clubs had not taken place prior to the window opening, but on the otherhand the players hibs want probably are not available in January!!!!

Bobby's Cinema
23-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Nobody's signing anyone pal. The opposition have sold players while we've held onto our best, so we've held up well. There's just nae money

spike220
23-01-2013, 01:13 AM
January has never been a good window, the best time is the summer imho.

cam75
23-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Ross county bar sproule,have sighned who?fdid he get touted round clubs?or could he be the next Davie weir.dingwall gate way to the highlands ......that's about all!

jodjam
23-01-2013, 04:37 AM

You use the word good(ish). You must have a good grasp of world footy as I've not heard of some of these players.

Other than sproule , who we all know about , can you fill me in on the good qualities the other Ross signings have.

sambajustice
23-01-2013, 06:50 AM
Burn the witch!

Pretty Boy
23-01-2013, 06:55 AM
Fenlon out, Butcher in.

Winston Ingram
23-01-2013, 07:09 AM

Rod came out & said our budget would be based on what we took in in attendances over Xmas. Not only were they crap they were significantly worse by over 10001-2000 people.

cocopops1875
23-01-2013, 07:49 AM

1. We have little to no money available
2. Who are these good (ish) players of which you speak ?
And
3. Why the panic ?

Bostonhibby
23-01-2013, 08:07 AM

:agree: FFS the Yams have borrowed a guy from Liverpool and lost more than they have signed, do keep up Hibs. :wink:

JohnStephens91
23-01-2013, 08:15 AM
You use the word good(ish). You must have a good grasp of world footy as I've not heard of some of these players.

Other than sproule , who we all know about , can you fill me in on the good qualities the other Ross signings have.

Andre Hainault is a good experienced defender and played over 100 games for Houston Dynamo who have been one of the better teams in the MLS and have a good record of reaching the final. He is also an international defender for Canada. He is a good player who will improve the Ross County defence.

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Andre Hainault is a good experienced defender and played over 100 games for Houston Dynamo who have been one of the better teams in the MLS and have a good record of reaching the final. He is also an international defender for Canada. He is a good player who will improve the Ross County defence.

I have never seen him play so will have to take your word on that? We signed Ed De Graff, who had hundreds of games in the top Dutch league, Alan O'Bbrien who had EPL history and they were pish.

I dont think JUST because someone has played in a certain league, that makes them a good buy?

He may turn out to be a player, and if you have seen a lot of him then fair play, i have not and will make my decision on just how good he is on how he plays in Scotland.

Golden Bear
23-01-2013, 08:31 AM
:agree: FFS the Yams have borrowed a guy from Liverpool and lost more than they have signed, do keep up Hibs. :wink:

Ah but according to the Daily Express their latest saviour is going to be a 6'6" striker called Michael Ngoo. The guy is an England under 20 cap and is currently playing with Liverpool reserves.

Wouldn't it be great if, just for a change, we gazumped THEM - provided the guy is any good of course.

Speedway
23-01-2013, 08:31 AM

Because the club hates you, not the support, but you in particular. The management wants to see you suffer. Fenlon and Petrie go out for their nightly steak diane and massage evenings, Fenlon buys lucky charms cereal, Rod buys power and they plot as to how they can upset you in return for your money. Make sure, they say, that until every other club (1) has signed players, we don't sign anyone. That'll teach those meddling fans who's boss, they say.

Spend the money now, quick, before the prices come down towards the end of the window. Don't extend loans, don't extend contracts, don't sign players on pre-contracts and negotiate for their early release. Stand tall and firm bonny Patrick, says Rod. Reduce our income stream producing fans to tears by not lifting a finger in the name of squad improvement, until you hear them squeak.

The classes against the masses shouts Rod and then he and Pat read each other light hearted tales from their autographed copies of Mein Kampf as Pat compliments Mrs. Petrie on how photogenic she looks on the book's cover.

JohnStephens91
23-01-2013, 08:44 AM
I have never seen him play so will have to take your word on that? We signed Ed De Graff, who had hundreds of games in the top Dutch league, Alan O'Bbrien who had EPL history and they were pish.

I dont think JUST because someone has played in a certain league, that makes them a good buy?

He may turn out to be a player, and if you have seen a lot of him then fair play, i have not and will make my decision on just how good he is on how he plays in Scotland.

I sometimes watch the MLS and try to watch the Dynamo matches, mostly because the club let me interview Adam Moffat. Whilst being unspectacular Hainault has looked competent and efficient.

Of course the SPL and MLS are radically different leagues with different playing styles and certain players might not adapt to it, so only time will tell if he will be a good fit. But from what I've seen he is definitely better than Tokely and Munro, but there are examples - such as the ones you have stated - of players coming into the league with a decent CV but are dross.

Bostonhibby
23-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Because the club hates you, not the support, but you in particular. The management wants to see you suffer. Fenlon and Petrie go out for their nightly steak diane and massage evenings, Fenlon buys lucky charms cereal, Rod buys power and they plot as to how they can upset you in return for your money. Make sure, they say, that until every other club (1) has signed players, we don't sign anyone. That'll teach those meddling fans who's boss, they say.

Spend the money now, quick, before the prices come down towards the end of the window. Don't extend loans, don't extend contracts, don't sign players on pre-contracts and negotiate for their early release. Stand tall and firm bonny Patrick, says Rod. Reduce our income stream producing fans to tears by not lifting a finger in the name of squad improvement, until you hear them squeak.

The classes against the masses shouts Rod and then he and Pat read each other light hearted tales from their autographed copies of Mein Kampf as Pat compliments Mrs. Petrie on how photogenic she looks on the book's cover.

:faf:Is that you Mr Romanov sir?

Fergus52
23-01-2013, 09:13 PM

I'm actually crying reading this

Fergus52
23-01-2013, 09:14 PM
No, we won't even get rushed loan signings. Pat Fenlon is clueless and Rod Petrie is tighter than a nun's front bottom.

Is this supposed to be ironic or not?

Gerard
23-01-2013, 09:28 PM
The club has 2 of the on loan players signed until the end of the season. A player signed on a pre contract. The possibility of getting the third player on loan signed. IMHO that is a good result for a club that made a loss of apprx 1 million pounds in the last year's account. There is still time for more signings in this window. It is our club and one way to get more signings is to attend games when possible.

Velma Dinkley
23-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Is this supposed to be ironic or not?

Hmmm sarcastic I think, but it can be whatever you want it to be :greengrin

StarMan10
23-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Whats the deal with Claros then? He gone back to Honduras?

JDHibs
24-01-2013, 07:56 AM
His loan ends the 28th of january

Beefster
24-01-2013, 09:50 AM
All you mugs falling for Rodder's trick of extending a few pishy loans (cheap) and signing some random on a pre-contract (free for at least six months) are mugs.

We've palmed Sproule off on someone else. We should be able to sign at least three players on the wages binning that sub freed.

Typical Hibs. And another thing, I had one bit of 'steak' in my steak pie on Saturday. ****ing cheapskates.

Pretty Boy
24-01-2013, 09:55 AM
All you mugs falling for Rodder's trick of extending a few pishy loans (cheap) and signing some random on a pre-contract (free for at least six months) are mugs.

We've palmed Sproule off on someone else. We should be able to sign at least three players on the wages binning that sub freed.

Typical Hibs. And another thing, I had one bit of 'steak' in my steak pie on Saturday. ****ing cheapskates.

One bit of steak in a fitba ground pie?

Someone obviously went for the deluxe version. Flash barstewars.

CB_NO3
24-01-2013, 10:18 AM

Lucky get. I had horse meat in mine.