PDA

View Full Version : " 9 days to go..ins and outs ..if any"

fit o' the walk
22-01-2013, 10:54 AM
Pat says he would love to sign Liam Craig now but doesn't have the money...surely that also would apply to the likes of the 2 Q.O.S players Clark & Carmichael(think thats the name) ,Erskine of Partick,Taylor of Falkirk.......thoughts!!

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Pat says he would love to sign Liam Craig now but doesn't have the money...surely that also would apply to the likes of the 2 Q.O.S players Clark & Carmichael(think thats the name) ,Erskine of Partick,Taylor of Falkirk.......thoughts!!

I have no idea if he has the money? Perhaps we are pleading poverty, or perhaps we need to get others off the payroll, we will just have to wait and see?

basehibby
22-01-2013, 11:33 AM
I think there will be a wee bit of room on the payroll and Pat will want to use it - we've lost Ivan this window and I would like to see the pace and width he brought us (albeit infrequently in recent times) replaced with someone different and hopefully more effective going forward.

Ivan was allowed to join RC for no fee and there will be other players out there in similar scenarios - and that along with loan deals is the market we are likely to be shopping in.

The Sea-gull
22-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Guessing that Hibs, in common with most SPL clubs, will have no money to spend on transfer fees now or at anytime in the short - medium term future. Even if clubs sell players, that money goes straight into paying off debts/operating costs. Spending money out on fees for players is largely pointless now as most only sign contracts for 1 - 3 years so there are always plenty of free or near free agents around.

As ever, Hibs like most other SPL clubs will leave any business to the very end of the window.

Don't think we really have anyone who will attract any serious bids so we won't be selling anyone. We might get Liam Craig for a nominal fee if Claros leaves or if we are just playing hardball with Saints. We might get one or two in but as usual it will depend on availability and one or two outs.

If they are still here as the end of the window approaches, could see Galbraith and Kujabi being released. The Kuqi monster may be emptied too. Is Martin Scott on a season long deal at Ross Co?

Spike Mandela
22-01-2013, 12:09 PM
It will be disappointing if we can't add more goals and creativity to the midfield for second half of the season.

Speedway
22-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Ultimately, I think that, if we can add players to the squad who bring us goals, pace and strength in depth; we'll be less threadbare going into the second half of the season than we are now.

Andy74
22-01-2013, 12:12 PM
I think we will get a loan to replace Sproule. We won't pay any fees to get the players we have been watching during January.

scoopyboy
22-01-2013, 12:30 PM

I don't think Rodders would ever come out with we have money to spend, it simply means the club we are trying to shaft put their price up.

IMO we will bring 1 or 2 in that may cost money but not a lot.

Leeson
22-01-2013, 01:13 PM
We might get Liam Craig for a nominal fee if Claros leaves or if we are just playing hardball with Saints.
I could understand if Craig was desperate to leave Perth but, if anything, the very opposite seems true with him keen to play out his last few months there (and desperate to score against Hibs according to the papers today) and then move onto the fresh challenge with Hibs. Hibs don't really have a bargaining position to play hardball with and St Johnstone don't want to lose Craig now and he doesn't appear to want to leave yet. You look at the Saints squad and they don't have another option like Craig on the left of midfield, so that makes it even less likely they'd be prepared to entertain any offer for him now, certainly not of the sort Hibs would be prepared to make for a player they get for nothing in the summer. Why would St Johnstone sell him now for a nominal fee when they'd need to replace him straight away but would be delving into the inflated and limited January transfer market, rather than the summer one with it's sea of free agents?

NOLA
22-01-2013, 01:45 PM
I think we will get a loan to replace Sproule. We won't pay any fees to get the players we have been watching during January.
Is there a limit to the amount of loan players we can have? We have 4 already, room for 1 more? Don't know the rule on that

Monts
22-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Is there a limit to the amount of loan players we can have? We have 4 already, room for 1 more? Don't know the rule on that

We had plenty last season

Part/Time Supporter
22-01-2013, 02:35 PM

There is a rule, but it only applies within the country. Scottish clubs can loan as many players as they like from England (or Lithuania).

--------
22-01-2013, 03:24 PM
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/rochdale/transfer-talk/news/hibernian-motherwell-move-for-kennedy_65464.html

James Kennedy from Rochdale?