PDA

View Full Version : Greggs simon lappin

cloudy
21-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Ex st mirren currently at Norwich (I think)rumoured to be in talks with hibs, dnt know much about him anyone else heard this

Andy74
21-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Left sided. Good left foot and gets crosses in. Also just released by Norwich.

Part/Time Supporter
21-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Left back / left mid type (more the latter). Probably a stop-gap until Craig signs in the summer. Did quite well for Norwich under Lambert in the lower divisions but they kind of outgrew him by getting promoted to the EPL.

Russell The Dug
21-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Left back / left mid type (more the latter). Probably a stop-gap until Craig signs in the summer. Did quite well for Norwich under Lambert in the lower divisions but they kind of outgrew him by getting promoted to the EPL.

If we are interested in him I hope it's not as a stop gap mate. He would be a tremendous signing who could play left mid or left back, would probably indicate that Stevensons off though.

Vault Boy
21-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Would be an excellent signing, can't see it happening though. I think he's the type of player who would have a couple of Championship options available to him if he wanted.

ahibby
21-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Would be an excellent signing, can't see it happening though. I think he's the type of player who would have a couple of Championship options available to him if he wanted.

Maybe us preparing for McGivern leaving in the summer?

Russell The Dug
21-01-2013, 02:05 PM

Was he not on lost at Motherwell a couple of seasons back? Hopefully this rumour is true.

Vault Boy
21-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Was he not on lost at Motherwell a couple of seasons back? Hopefully this rumour is true.

Maybe us preparing for McGivern leaving in the summer?

I also hope it's true. I can't recall whether he was at Motherwell or not. Would be a very good signing, lets just hope we can keep McGivern too. :agree:

SMAXXA
21-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Another player for the left hand side, we need right sided wingers aswell

Vini1875
21-01-2013, 03:44 PM
We seem to be in talks with about a dozen players, it's no wonder PF has no time for tactics.

SMAXXA
21-01-2013, 03:48 PM
We seem to be in talks with about a dozen players, it's no wonder PF has no time for tactics.

:greengrin

Maybe hes just asking them what tactics they think he should adobt

adhibs
21-01-2013, 04:18 PM

Alex Trager
21-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Is he Irish?

Speedway
21-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Rod's been after...whoops...I mean Lappin has been a target for some time.

There will be mileage in this one.

SaulGoodman
21-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Is he good at those Overlappin runs?

I'm sorry.

nonshinyfinish
21-01-2013, 05:30 PM
It's on the football rumours site so it's officially rubbish.

You would expect them to get some right through blind luck. Fling enough ***** at the wall...

brog
21-01-2013, 05:34 PM
I also hope it's true. I can't recall whether he was at Motherwell or not. Would be a very good signing, lets just hope we can keep McGivern too. :agree:

Lappin's a good player. I don't think there's any chance of RM staying beyond the summer so I think there may well be legs in this. Think you're getting mixed up with Stevie Hammell at Well who JC wanted to sign. ( not intended to re-ignite that debate! )

SMAXXA
21-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Is he good at those Overlappin runs?

I'm sorry.

Hang your head in shame :bye:

SaulGoodman
21-01-2013, 05:42 PM

Already doing it :wink:

muzzhfc
21-01-2013, 05:50 PM

He's probs lappin up he attention

SaulGoodman
21-01-2013, 05:55 PM

That was going to be my next one :greengrin:

SMAXXA
21-01-2013, 05:55 PM

:fenlon

Part/Time Supporter
21-01-2013, 05:56 PM
If we are interested in him I hope it's not as a stop gap mate. He would be a tremendous signing who could play left mid or left back, would probably indicate that Stevensons off though.

I think he's a decent player, but wouldn't be picked ahead of Craig. Different type to Stevenson.

allezsauzee
21-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Not sure he's what we need. We need a Pat McGinlay-esque midfielder who will burst a gut to get into the box and chip in with a few goals.
What's Ed De Graaf doing nowadays? :greengrin

ALF TUPPER
21-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Rabbit rabbit rabbit :-)

Russell The Dug
21-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Not sure he's what we need. We need a Pat McGinlay-esque midfielder who will burst a gut to get into the box and chip in with a few goals.
What's Ed De Graaf doing nowadays? :greengrin

His name is Paul Cairney. Lappin on the left will allow Cairney to get his arse into the middle of the midfield.

Andy74
21-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Lappin's a good player. I don't think there's any chance of RM staying beyond the summer so I think there may well be legs in this. Think you're getting mixed up with Stevie Hammell at Well who JC wanted to sign. ( not intended to re-ignite that debate! )

He was at Motherwell on loan for a bit.

SMAXXA
21-01-2013, 06:08 PM
His name is Paul Cairney. Lappin on the left will allow Cairney to get his arse into the middle of the midfield.

Correction, his considerable arse into the middle :wink:

Russell The Dug
21-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Correction, his considerable arse into the middle :wink:

:-) very true.

allezsauzee
21-01-2013, 06:15 PM
I would like to see Paul Cairney play centrally but I still think we need more attacking threat from midfield

ancient hibee
21-01-2013, 06:20 PM
I would like to see Paul Cairney play centrally but I still think we need more attacking threat from midfield

So long as we remain weak at centre half we'll need primarily defensive mid fielders.

bingo70
21-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Francomb has just said his goodbyes to him on Twitter (I pressume 'laps' is this guy) so sounds like he's away somewhere.

hfc rd
21-01-2013, 06:37 PM
He'd be a good signing. I hope we get him but have a feeling some championship & league 1 clubs will be interested.

scoopyboy
21-01-2013, 07:14 PM

IIRC Lappin was on loan at Motherwell for the second half of the season when Mark McGhee's team finished third.

He might even have scored against us in the last game of that season in a game they won 2-0.

Andy74
21-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Francomb has just said his goodbyes to him on Twitter (I pressume 'laps' is this guy) so sounds like he's away somewhere.

He has been released so he'd be going from the club regardless of where he ends up!

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Another player scouted by hibs.net forum, he won't be here.

CallumLaidlaw
21-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Another player scouted by hibs.net forum, he won't be here.

Yet another negative retort from you.
It's January, people here rumours. Good, it makes things more interesting.
To be fair, the guy who started the post said he'd heard the rumour, before it was announced Lappin had been released.

Danderhall Hibs
21-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Boy on twitter (can't remember his name) said he'll go to St Johnstone if we can negotiate the early release of Craig.

dirtydirk
21-01-2013, 09:26 PM
IIRC Lappin was on loan at Motherwell for the second half of the season when Mark McGhee's team finished third.

He might even have scored against us in the last game of that season in a game they won 2-0.

Scored a peach of a free kick against us in that game

superbam
21-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Simon Lappin King of Spain
King of Spain King of Spain
Simon Lappin King of Spain
He looks Spanish

One of Delia's own I believe

Stuarty27
21-01-2013, 10:13 PM
If we could pull that lappin out the hat we will be doing well

Hibee87
22-01-2013, 11:38 AM
WalesOnline reports (http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2013/01/22/91466-32652590/) that Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay will complete his business in the January transfer window by trying to sign defender Simon Lappin. The 29-year-old had a loan spell with the Bluebirds earlier in the season before returning to parent club Norwich City.

Russell The Dug
22-01-2013, 11:55 AM
WalesOnline reports (http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2013/01/22/91466-32652590/) that Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay will complete his business in the January transfer window by trying to sign defender Simon Lappin. The 29-year-old had a loan spell with the Bluebirds earlier in the season before returning to parent club Norwich City.

Ah well that will be that then.

NorthNorfolkHFC
22-01-2013, 01:09 PM
Yet another negative retort from you.
It's January, people here rumours. Good, it makes things more interesting.
To be fair, the guy who started the post said he'd heard the rumour, before it was announced Lappin had been released.

Apologies, I never checked my 'negative post' counter, i'll have to cut back.

Thanks for the advice re: this time of year, rumours etc, i'll be sure to take that on board.

It seems i wasn't too far off with my 'negative' post suggesting that this thread, amongst other threads is p**h. It becomes a bit grinding after a while, all these so called 'rumours'......

Jason Scotland, could he do a job? Simon Lappin, could he do a job? Erskene, could he do a job?

Rumours aren't about players that have become available after checking the BBC gossip page!!

SaulGoodman
22-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Apologies, I never checked my 'negative post' counter, i'll have to cut back.

Thanks for the advice re: this time of year, rumours etc, i'll be sure to take that on board.

It seems i wasn't too far off with my 'negative' post suggesting that this thread, amongst other threads is p**h. It becomes a bit grinding after a while, all these so called 'rumours'......

Jason Scotland, could he do a job? Simon Lappin, could he do a job? Erskene, could he do a job?

Rumours aren't about players that have become available after checking the BBC gossip page!!
What's your problem? It's January, it's the transfer window. People are looking for discussion, if you don't like the threads don't open them?

NorthNorfolkHFC
22-01-2013, 08:25 PM
It's not discussion, it's mentioning players that we are not getting and saying "would they do a job?"

Frank Lampard, out of contract in the summer. He could do a job? Discuss?

CRAZYHIBBY
22-01-2013, 08:30 PM
It's not discussion, it's mentioning players that we are not getting and saying "would they do a job?"

Not hibs class

Scouse Hibee
22-01-2013, 08:35 PM

What are you babbling on about? This is a football forum for football fans to discuss footballl related matters, if those fans want to obtain opinion about players regrdless of whether we have a chance of signing them then so be it. As for Lampard he could do a job but we won't be signing him unless we become the plaything of a multi millionaire, there you go discussed...................next.

machibby
22-01-2013, 08:36 PM

Yet you still keep coming back to the 'discussion' -discuss...

NorthNorfolkHFC
22-01-2013, 08:40 PM
I quite enjoy it actually, it becomes a bit frustrating when there are 4/5 threads citing players that people are suggesting we sign. It's gash.

Keep all the p**h to one thread, it's never going to happen.

hibee_nation
22-01-2013, 08:42 PM

Not even remotely Irish sounding, not for me. :aok:

bingo70
22-01-2013, 08:48 PM
I quite enjoy it actually, it becomes a bit frustrating when there are 4/5 threads citing players that people are suggesting we sign. It's gash.

Keep all the p**h to one thread, it's never going to happen.

Completely agree, pain in the tits when I'm trying to look at hibs.net on the sly at work and see threads like this thinking we're actually interested in a player only to find out someone's just been reading the football rumours website or just signed someone on football manager.

NorthNorfolkHFC
22-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Completely agree, pain in the tits when I'm trying to look at hibs.net on the sly at work and see threads like this thinking we're actually interested in a player only to find out someone's just been reading the football rumours website or just signed someone on football manager.

Cheers

I'm not saying stop rumours threads but just keep them in one, all encompassing b******t thread.

Don't want to read about someone's Auntie's friend who is married to a boy that buffs all the loafers in the Blackpool changing room who has overheard a player saying they are signing for the mighty Hibees!!!!

NorthNorfolkHFC
22-01-2013, 09:58 PM
In fact, admins reading this. Gonna go and merge all the gash and create the above.