PDA

View Full Version : NHC Alex Thomson and Mark Daly

JohnStephens91
21-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Alex Thomson and Mark Daly are giving a joint presentation/talk today at my university about the Rangers story and as far as I am aware will be taking questions afterwards. Does anyone have any questions they would like me to ask for them regarding the Rangers case and I'll report back with the answers? It might be recorded as well and put online by the university.

DC_Hibs
21-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Alex Thomson and Mark Daly are giving a joint presentation/talk today at my university about the Rangers story and as far as I am aware will be taking questions afterwards. Does anyone have any questions they would like me to ask for them regarding the Rangers case and I'll report back with the answers? It might be recorded as well and put online by the university.

Ask Thomson if he sees Celtc and The Rangers as two cheeks of the same @rse.
If not, why not?

Elephant Stone
21-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Ask Thomson if he sees Celtc and The Rangers as two cheeks of the same @rse.
If not, why not?

One cheek would be 125 years older than the other for a start.

Cabbage East
21-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Ask him his opinions on how the mainstream media in Scotland handled the reporting of the Rangers fiasco. In particular the tabloids and the BBC in Scotland.

JeMeSouviens
21-01-2013, 09:30 AM

Mark Daly might know which and how many players the Old Huns either conceded were due tax on EBTs or were found liable for tax by the tribunal?

JeMeSouviens
21-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Ask him his opinions on how the mainstream media in Scotland handled the reporting of the Rangers fiasco. In particular the tabloids and the BBC in Scotland.

... and do they think the woeful performance is attributed to:

- the skills of Media House and general lack of competence in Scottish journalism?
- the individual reporters leaning Hunwards?
- financial pressure from management to keep as pro-Hun as possible so as not to alienate Huns?
- Huntimidation?

JohnStephens91
21-01-2013, 09:41 AM
... and do they think the woeful performance is attributed to:

- the skills of Media House and general lack of competence in Scottish journalism?
- the individual reporters leaning Hunwards?
- financial pressure from management to keep as pro-Hun as possible so as not to alienate Huns?
- Huntimidation?

I already had this one in my book of questions, I'm just wanting to try and cause the Rangers fans in the room to go into a meltdown of seethe. There will also be a question about why they are being treated as the same club as Rangers FC formed in 1872 when they are a new football club and another about how difficult it is to report on any story dealing with either side of the Old Firm due to the violent and sectarian tribal behaviour of both sets of supporters.

JimBHibees
21-01-2013, 10:16 AM

That is the most obvious question and would include how they continue to report it.

Hibercelona
21-01-2013, 10:58 AM
I already had this one in my book of questions, I'm just wanting to try and cause the Rangers fans in the room to go into a meltdown of seethe. There will also be a question about why they are being treated as the same club as Rangers FC formed in 1872 when they are a new football club and another about how difficult it is to report on any story dealing with either side of the Old Firm due to the violent and sectarian tribal behaviour of both sets of supporters.

Careful now. Some may be present in the room with their stanley knives and broken up bottles.

I would certainly be interested in knowing why the media still regard them as the same club as before and whether they still regard them as the "victims" or not.

Malthibby
21-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Why do they still have Ibrox?

Pretty Boy
21-01-2013, 11:19 AM
Has an acceptable answer yet been forthcoming as to why The Rangers were not subject to the same checks as any other club wishing to join the SFL eg 3 years satisfactory accounts? If not, why not?

Viva_Palmeiras
21-01-2013, 11:32 AM
We've heard about sporting integrity.
What needs to be done to restore journalistic integrity in Glasgow (in mean Scotland)? And is such an aspiration achievable?

what more should the football authorities do to protect fans and their clubs from themselves and ensure the sustainability of the game in Scotland?

Moulin Yarns
21-01-2013, 11:37 AM
you might want to read today's Tomoblog

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/scottish-football-sport-business/3882#more-3882

JohnStephens91
21-01-2013, 05:38 PM
I'm waiting on the podcast going up, some fat Orc started to laugh when I called Hibs a big club in Scottish football. Both confirmed that there was intimidation from Rangers officials and fans and that Glasgow journalists are given seats on planes to fly to games with Rangers in return for not releasing a story or for pushing a positive one. On the whole it was a pretty good session that lasted almost two hours.

LeighLoyal
21-01-2013, 06:21 PM
I'm waiting on the podcast going up, some fat Orc started to laugh when I called Hibs a big club in Scottish football. Both confirmed that there was intimidation from Rangers officials and fans and that Glasgow journalists are given seats on planes to fly to games with Rangers in return for not releasing a story or for pushing a positive one. On the whole it was a pretty good session that lasted almost two hours.

Green should save his succulent freebies as the weegie press pigs wouldn't dare print a negative Sevco story, if their falling circulations don't keep them in line then the zombie horde's intimidation will.

Sir David Gray
21-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Do the five stars located above The Rangers' badge indicate the number of months that they have been in existence?

If not, why not?

Ross4356
22-01-2013, 09:50 PM
You can listen to it here:

http://edinburghnapiernews.com/2013/01/22/media-mondays-the-rangers-story/

JohnStephens91
22-01-2013, 11:12 PM
You can listen to it here:

http://edinburghnapiernews.com/2013/01/22/media-mondays-the-rangers-story/

Beat me to it, just in from work!