PDA

View Full Version : Official attendance yesterday?

lyonhibs
21-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Both the official site fixture list (which has the attendance at a princely "00" :greengrin) and the BBC have no figures for this fixture.

Was it announced towards the end of the game?

Just curious :thumbsup:

Bill Milne
21-01-2013, 08:55 AM
The crowd was reported as 10,386 in the papers.I know it was a Hibs Kids day, but it didn't look anything like as much as this.

joe breezy
21-01-2013, 09:08 AM
over 10 000 sounded very good to me given the game was the on worst Saturday of the year for most of the population, from a financial perspective

Turned out quite bad for me too with Hibs letting me down for an accumulator win of over £500 :rolleyes:

MB62
21-01-2013, 09:18 AM
was argueing in the pub afterwards at the size of the Dundee support. Mate thought it was about 800 plus, I reckoned it was nearer half of that.

The Sea-gull
21-01-2013, 09:24 AM
I was surprised to see the attendance being 10k plus as the previous two home games (not counting the Celtic one) v Motherwell and Ross County have been around the 8/9k mark, what with the bad weather on Saturday and the fact that it is possibly the least affordable weekend of the year for many.

The crowd for the Motherwell game in December was low but perhaps understandable given it was quite close to Xmas but the Ross County crowd on Boxing Day was dissappointing as this used to be a date when crowds, if anything, were a wee bit higher than normal.

Maybe Saturday's increased crowd is a reflection of half season tickets sold?

Mikey
21-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Half season ticket sales were very poor.

Albanian Hibs
21-01-2013, 09:27 AM
was argueing in the pub afterwards at the size of the Dundee support. Mate thought it was about 800 plus, I reckoned it was nearer half of that.

It was never as much as 800. Prob 500 tops.

The Sea-gull
21-01-2013, 09:27 AM

In fairness, Dundee support looked decent compared to supports that many other teams have brought in recent seasons. Only Celtic, Oldco, Yams and Aberdeen look like they have brought bigger supports than that and it looked on a par to what Dundee Utd usually bring.

Billy
21-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Attendance: 10,386 - Home Support: 9,877 - Away Support: 509

adhibs
21-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Half season ticket sales were very poor.

no wonder, done next to nothin for months to encourage people

just reported this post instead of quoting it before

Mikey
21-01-2013, 10:43 AM
The team was second in the league when they were on sale. What more did they need to do?

SaulGoodman
21-01-2013, 10:53 AM
The team was second in the league when they were on sale. What more did they need to do?

According to the 'Fenlon out-Butcher in' thread people would rather see entertaining football rather than their team sitting high up the league.

Go figure eh?

MB62
21-01-2013, 11:17 AM

Very few were being fooled by that though Mikey. We were never exactly playing fast flowing entertaining football and were, at times, riding our luck a bit. Totally understand that we are a work in progress but the main thing for me is the changing kick-off times and day of the week we play. In the coming weeks, we will play St. Johnstone on a Monday night and this means we will have played on EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE WEEK (not checked but I am assuming we have played on a Tuesday this season). That's just not on for me and is why nowadays, I very much pick and choose my games, although I have picked and chosen most of them.

Vini1875
21-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Very few were being fooled by that though Mikey. We were never exactly playing fast flowing entertaining football and were, at times, riding our luck a bit. Totally understand that we are a work in progress but the main thing for me is the changing kick-off times and day of the week we play. In the coming weeks, we will play St. Johnstone on a Monday night and this means we will have played on EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE WEEK (not checked but I am assuming we have played on a Tuesday this season). That's just not on for me and is why nowadays, I very much pick and choose my games, although I have picked and chosen most of them.

QOS cup tie was a Tuesday.

Gatecrasher
21-01-2013, 12:30 PM
no wonder, done next to nothin for months to encourage people

just reported this post instead of quoting it before

Apart from being in a good league position, beating Hearts and Celtic not encouraging at all :aok:

bingo70
21-01-2013, 12:36 PM
So after half season tickets are included have we more st holder's than last season?

Jack
21-01-2013, 12:41 PM

Are these figures normally available to the punters? Where???

basehibby
21-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Apart from being in a good league position, beating Hearts and Celtic not encouraging at all :aok:

:agree: We have a fair proportion of moaners and bleaters among our support who need little excuse to disappear in a big huff.

Luckily we also have a very loyal and committed hardcore without whom the club would be well and trully Donald Ducked!

.....NB - Cue string of posts from said moaners and bleaters moaning and bleating about how they deserve more and will remain in the huff etc....

LeighLoyal
21-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Missed Saturday but will be at the cup game. Mon Hibs ffs.

adhibs
21-01-2013, 01:21 PM

Might be slightly out with my dates but did the half season ticket release not coincide with the 3-1 defeat at Dens? Our performances since then have largely been awful bar beating Celtic. The cup win was brilliant but it was eye bleeding stuff, doubt many wouldve left Easter Road that day thinkin about spending hundreds on a season ticket.

Main thing is weve improved massively since last season and will hopefully continue to do so.

Billy Whizz
21-01-2013, 01:52 PM

Decent support from Dundee, need teams like them to stay in the league due to this

Mikey
21-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Might be slightly out with my dates but did the half season ticket release not coincide with the 3-1 defeat at Dens?

Yeah, it would have been around the same time. The threads on here after that defeat contained post after post from people saying that the team needed to be strengthened.

Which takes us full circle.................

KeithTheHibby
21-01-2013, 02:14 PM

Give me one reason as to why I should have bought a half season ticket and I will give you 5 why I didn't.

Mikey
21-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Give me one reason as to why I should have bought a half season ticket and I will give you 5 why I didn't.

I only need one. To help the manager buy better players.

KeithTheHibby
21-01-2013, 02:23 PM
I only need one. To help the manager buy better players.

Fair point which I agree with. They ain't good value now though, surely you agree?

Mikey
21-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Fair point which I agree with. They ain't good value now though, surely you agree?

I've had better value from previous season tickets :greengrin

Gatecrasher
21-01-2013, 02:42 PM

To support the team.

Russell The Dug
21-01-2013, 02:44 PM
To support the team.

Can be done easily enough without a season ticket these days.

marinello59
21-01-2013, 04:18 PM

I could give you ten reasons why you should renew. Will you give me 50 reasons why not? :greengrin
I could also give you five reasons why not to renew but wallowing in negativity does me no good at all. .

smack
21-01-2013, 05:00 PM

It's quite easy to get these figures. You just go to the game and count the crowd. It's better than watching the game if we are playing like we did on Saturday.

Billy
21-01-2013, 05:01 PM

The figures are posted in the press room post match.