PDA

View Full Version : Five observations from the weekend!

spike220
21-01-2013, 05:09 AM
Deegan – Vital player for us, we need a midfield enforcer who others are scared of if he goes we need someone just as scary to replace him. Bad tackle though, but I’d rather that than a soft touch.

McPake – Missing in action, think he was injured or sick based on that performance, he was sleeping when they scored.

The kit, were both too dark, I think that suited them more than us, maybe we should play in white more often.

Baltic – well done to those who went

Hearts were lucky it wasn’t 8.

MartinfaePorty
21-01-2013, 06:21 AM
With regards the kit, I've always had problems with this when we play Dundee, especially a few years ago when we had the same kit supplier and they were extremely similar. Noticed a few misplaced passes that seemed more than just player error.

Albanian Hibs
21-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Why should we wear white more often when we were the home team?

hibsboy90
21-01-2013, 07:38 AM
I get the vibe that white is preferred when floodlights are involved. A few instances this season where no clash exists but we've opted for white.

spike220
21-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Why should we wear white more often when we were the home team?

White is our team colour just as much as green.

Albanian Hibs
21-01-2013, 08:26 AM
White is our team colour just as much as green.

Our home strip is green.

Would you rather us play in white when playing the yams at ER??

spike220
21-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Our home strip is green.

Would you rather us play in white when playing the yams at ER??

Green would be first choice but, if it means we can pass to our own players and play better, you will get few complaints.

Green Fish
21-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Deegan – Vital player for us, we need a midfield enforcer who others are scared of if he goes we need someone just as scary to replace him. Bad tackle though, but I’d rather that than a soft touch.

McPake – Missing in action, think he was injured or sick based on that performance, he was sleeping when they scored.

The kit, were both too dark, I think that suited them more than us, maybe we should play in white more often.

Baltic – well done to those who went

Hearts were lucky it wasn’t 8.

GD is usually better but was brutal v Dundee. Problem is if he was the only defensive MF and had some more creative players around him then he could stick to the job he does best.

McPake is hot and cold but can be inspirational - had an off day.

The kit, dark - utter nonsense - if our MF passed the ball forward more often instead of the square ball or backwards then we would fair alot better.

Hearts - who cares. GGTTH

Postman
21-01-2013, 10:21 AM
The kit, were both too dark, I think that suited them more than us, maybe we should play in white more often..

I'd like to know how it could possibly have suited them more than us??

PISTOL1875
21-01-2013, 10:43 AM
Five observations from the weekend! (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?255166-Five-observations-from-the-weekend!)

1. We are in desperate need of a link man between the midfield and forwards.. Having 2 sitting guys in the middle is no good and the gaps between them and the forwards were huge at times.

2. James McPake is great at organising everybody else and pish when it comes to himself.. He should concentrate on hos own game firstly..

3. Gary Deegan's tackle was bad and high but he got away with it.. Build a bridge and move on..

4. I also noticed the issue with the colour clash.. I said at HT that there could be problems as the shade of the tops were quite similar..

5. Hertz ? Who gives a **** about them ? Saturday's result was another nail in there coffin...

happiehibbie
21-01-2013, 10:55 AM
5 points you did well to get that many

another shocker of a game Mc Pake was rubbish allways last ditch tackles like to get his strip dirty

GD i cant remember the tackle TBH Alan Preston wants him banned has called him a coward on FB

I noticed the strip issue said to my son but what ever colours both teams where wearing both where p h

however did you notice how long Douglas had the ball and nothing was done they played for a draw from the start

Danderhall Hibs
21-01-2013, 12:10 PM
however did you notice how long Douglas had the ball and nothing was done they played for a draw from the start

On that subject - see when you get a goal-kick how come you get to choose which side you take it from? You can’t do that with a corner.

LioNeilMessi
21-01-2013, 12:17 PM
I had a nightmare on Fifa when I forgot to change Dundee's strip :agree:

basehibby
21-01-2013, 12:27 PM

another shocker of a game McPake was rubbish allways last ditch tackles like to get his strip dirty

GD i cant remember the tackle TBH Alan Preston wants him banned has called him a coward on FB

I noticed the strip issue said to my son but what ever colours both teams where wearing both where p h

1) Alan Preston is a Jakey Hertz fud who's slaverings should certainly be nowhere near the airwaves

2) McPake did indeed have a bad day - we're much better with him than without him though

3) Re the strips, it mystefies me how these things are decided - teams seem to wear their away kits on a whim rather than to ensure teams can be told apart. Sometimes referees as well take the pitch with parts of their kits the same colour as one team or the other - making a farce of the whole idea of away kits IMO.

4) The absence of Cairney really showed up how much we need some attacking midfield talent - so few options in that department.

5) Re Deegan's tackle - looks very bad at first glance but on close examination there doesn't appear to be any malice - Deegan actually gets to the ball first and the Dundee full back blocks, but Deegan's momentum carries him through and he just about stands on his shin but pulls out in time to ensure no injury. Considering no malice I don't think there should be retrospective action, but expect adjudicator to be put under further pressure by Yam trumpets like Levein and Preston.

Phil MaGlass
21-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Absolutely f,n shocking that we cant even beat the bottom team in the league, nae excuses, pure pi5h, and not anywhere near good enough.
Bottom of the league FFS.Its about time these players got their er5es seriously kicked.
Im happy we are where we are, considering last season, BUT, we should be pushing on from the break, regularly losing against the bottom teams and only turning up for the big games just isnae on.

lyonhibs
21-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Any youtube evidence of this horror tackle from Deegan? It's not on the Youtube highlights on the SPL channel and I can't view BBC highlights out here in the sticks :greengrin

spike220
21-01-2013, 07:51 PM
I'd like to know how it could possibly have suited them more than us??

I am working on the assumption we are the more skillful team, and want to play passing football, rather than hang on for a draw.

Ultrabee1-0
22-01-2013, 04:21 AM
I had a nightmare on Fifa when I forgot to change Dundee's strip :agree:

Aw **** me don't start! I have done that a few times and when your online and some prick does it, really annoys me!

silverhibee
23-01-2013, 11:50 AM

another shocker of a game Mc Pake was rubbish allways last ditch tackles like to get his strip dirty

I must have been at a different game, if it wasn't for our goalie making some great saves Dundee would have taken the 3 points with the chances they created in the game, no way they played for a draw, i am sure they would have seen that game as dropping 2 points.

Will agree with you about McPake, watch there goal and see him trying to get back, he could hardly move, he just had a two week break and should have looked sharper than what he was during the game, maybe injured, i don't know but he was very poor on Saturday.