PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Kenny Mclean

AugustaHibs
20-01-2013, 06:17 PM
My mate who works for a paisley newspaper has had some info regarding us giving David wotherspoon and cash for kenny mclean?

Hopefully this is true as he is a brilliant young player

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2013, 06:19 PM
My mate who works for a paisley newspaper has had some info regarding us giving David wotherspoon and cash for kenny mclean?

Cant see it myself, but the guy does look a terrific young player?

Vault Boy
20-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Would be a brilliant signing, hard to see it happening though much like the Daly and Flood rumour.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-01-2013, 06:35 PM
If only..............

Can't see either or those players being interested and can see St Mirren holding out for a cash sum that is way, way too rich for us.

Cocaine&Caviar
20-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Absolute rubbish IMO,

If Wotherspoon does leave us, itll be to a bigger not smaller club, and we're not in a position to be putting him forward for exchanges as hes only got 6 months left. Also, why would we CHOOSE to lose him after his form this season?

McLean maybe, but not for the deal mentioned.

Green Fish
20-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Cant see it myself, but the guy does look a terrific young player?

Spoony must stay - can we offer Danny Galbraith instead?!?

Andy74
20-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Absolute rubbish IMO,

If Wotherspoon does leave us, itll be to a bigger not smaller club, and we're not in a position to be putting him forward for exchanges as hes only got 6 months left. Also, why would we CHOOSE to lose him after his form this season?

Wothersoon to a bigger club? Nah.

Wotherspiniesta
20-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Cash + Galbraith and we've got a deal!

HibeeHendo
20-01-2013, 06:52 PM
I thought Pat Fenlon said he was trying tie DW up on a new contract.

Aldo
20-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Sorry but McLean is off to bigger things I'm afraid. South be his destination... Championships at the very least.

They will get at least 750,000 for him may e even more.

We have more chance of signing Webster from them than we have this laddie.

LeighLoyal
20-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Spoon might be interesting some English lower league sides, and he's out of contract in the Summer, so no chance.

SMAXXA
20-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Absolute rubbish IMO,

Mcleans worth 5 wotherspoons I'm afraid, no chance, they rate him near a million

Jones28
20-01-2013, 11:58 PM
Nah no way

Russell The Dug
21-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Would rather keep D and play him in his best position.

monktonharp
21-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Would rather keep D and play him in his best position.which is? I have never seen him concentrate for a full 90 mins, as to what is going on around him. fine if he's got the ball,but lacks concentration. only my opinion.

Russell The Dug
21-01-2013, 12:53 AM
which is? I have never seen him concentrate for a full 90 mins, as to what is going on around him. fine if he's got the ball,but lacks concentration. only my opinion.

Watching him for Scotland under 21s he's best as an attacking midfielder picking a pass from the centre of the field. It's easy to lose concentration when played out wide. D plays best when he's involved in the play consistently.

spike220
21-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Cash + Galbraith and we've got a deal!

I would be willing to throw in Kajabi as well :cb.

lord bunberry
21-01-2013, 08:39 AM
I would be willing to throw in Kajabi as well :cb.

If they really want to play hardball they can have kuqi

StevieC
21-01-2013, 08:54 AM
The deal just doesn't make sense? Wotherspoon will have his choice of teams in 6 months time so why would he let the club dictate where he has to go?

Also, Wotherspoon has shown this season the type of player that he can be and Hibs should be trying to keep him.

The Sea-gull
21-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Kenny McLean is one of the most hyped up young players in the league.

He will be on the radar of a number of clubs in England. We would have next to no chance of getting him but worth at least trying if PF thinks he would add something and could be an investment for the future.

Thing is, the days have gone when a player makes the step from St Mirrens/St Johnstones to Hearts/Hibs then onto England/the OF. They just by-pass us and go straight to England.

NOLA
21-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Would rather keep D and play him in his best position.

What's his best position? A frustrating player, has talent just doesn't show it often enough, to improve hibs I'd be looking at replacing spoony IMO

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Kenny McLean is one of the most hyped up young players in the league.

He will be on the radar of a number of clubs in England. We would have next to no chance of getting him but worth at least trying if PF thinks he would add something and could be an investment for the future.

Thing is, the days have gone when a player makes the step from St Mirrens/St Johnstones to Hearts/Hibs then onto England/the OF. They just by-pass us and go straight to England.

:agree: Yip the odd one might slip through, but in general i think you are right. The game in Scotland is losing its kids earlier and earlier, resulting in even less money for the clubs who bring them through and lessening the quality on show.

stanton10
21-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Absolute rubbish IMO,

Bigger club you must be joking down a league or two ??? and what form ???

Speedway
21-01-2013, 01:02 PM
More chance of signing Kenny Everett

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Bigger club you must be joking down a league or two ??? and what form ???Amazing how quickly Wotherspoons good performances - Motherwell away, Inverness, Dundee, St Mirren (H+A) Hearts 1-1 draw suddenly don't exist after a poorer run.

Spike Mandela
21-01-2013, 01:50 PM
More chance of signing Kenny Everett

This is a realistic signing though time is running out but if everything is done in the best possible haste it might go through.

Billy Whizz
21-01-2013, 01:52 PM
This is a realistic signing though time is running out but if everything is done in the best possible haste it might go through.

McLean or Everitt?

stanton10
21-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Amazing how quickly Wotherspoons good performances - Motherwell away, Inverness, Dundee, St Mirren (H+A) Hearts 1-1 draw suddenly don't exist after a poorer run.
In , your view not mine of course that,s what football is all about eh ,cant think of any one of those .

/

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2013, 02:39 PM
McLean or Everitt?

:faf:

IWasThere2016
21-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Sorry but McLean is off to bigger things I'm afraid. South be his destination... Championships at the very least.

They will get at least 750,000 for him may e even more.

We have more chance of signing Webster from them than we have this laddie.

This. We have no chance of getting McLean.

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2013, 03:09 PM
In , your view not mine of course that,s what football is all about eh ,cant think of any one of those .You obviously weren't there/didn't see them then, Wotherspoon was impressive and important in all of them.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2013, 03:13 PM
You obviously weren't there/didn't see them then, Wotherspoon was impressive and important in all of them.

Wotherspoon has been better this season, in fact the whole team has. If we are to get pace injected into the wide area's then Wotherspoon will have to be sacrificed, and he will need to take his chances in the middle, where i keep hearing is his preferred position.

SMAXXA
21-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Wotherspoon has been better this season, in fact the whole team has. If we are to get pace injected into the wide area's then Wotherspoon will have to be sacrificed, and he will need to take his chances in the middle, where i keep hearing is his preferred position.

:agree:

FWIW I cant see him being that regular in CM that he may prefer, got a feeling he may move on

stanton10
21-01-2013, 03:37 PM
You obviously weren't there/didn't see them then, Wotherspoon was impressive and important in all of them.

was not important on saturday very poor, move on ?

Andy74
21-01-2013, 04:00 PM

Agree and we don't really play with a central attacking midfielder behind the strikers if that's where he really is best.

He has done some very good things this year but if we are to be more of an attacking force we need a better presence on the right wing.

Gmack7
21-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Agree and we don't really play with a central attacking midfielder behind the strikers if that's where he really is best.

He has done some very good things this year but if we are to be more of an attacking force we need a better presence on the right wing.

or we could try and attack from the centre of midfield instead of going sideways or back all the time,there is no need for 2 sometimes 3 defensive midfielders especially at home, its torture to watch IMO

Mikey
21-01-2013, 04:15 PM
or we could try and attack from the centre of midfield instead of going sideways or back all the time,there is no need for 2 sometimes 3 defensive midfielders especially at home, its torture to watch IMO

It's all we've got just now. There's nowt on the bench.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2013, 04:16 PM

I'm pretty sure when Cairney is in there that will happen.

NorthNorfolkHFC
21-01-2013, 04:19 PM

This, all day

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2013, 04:35 PM
was not important on saturday very poor, move on ?What is the point in him even bothering to play well like he has in quite a lot of matches this season if people only focus on his poor performances and ''forget'' the good ones.

Lang Toun Hibs
21-01-2013, 04:46 PM

You're kidding surely. We've got to keep spoony - one of our most talented creative players and should be part of our plans going forward.

SMAXXA
21-01-2013, 04:46 PM
What is the point in him even bothering to play well like he has in quite a lot of matches this season if people only focus on his poor performances and ''forget'' the good ones.

Without turning this into another one of these DW threads, I think he has improved this season from the last couple, however, he needs to show more concistency to his game. Although he has improved I dont think it has been enough to make him indespencible or as big a loss as some may think if he was to leave. I would argue Doyle did as much if not more when played out wide on a number of occasions this season. It kind of sums up him as a player, frustrating would be the word that springs to mind.

Could we get better within our budget, I believe we could.

AlbertK86
21-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Without turning this into another one of these DW threads, I think he has improved this season from the last couple, however, he needs to show more concistency to his game. Although he has improved I dont think it has been enough to make him indespencible or as big a loss as some may think if he was to leave. I would argue Doyle did as much if not more when played out wide on a number of occasions this season. It kind of sums up him as a player, frustrating would be the word that springs to mind.

Could we get better within our budget, I believe we could.

Spot on mate and Doyle was excellent there especially against Celtic

ancient hibee
21-01-2013, 06:30 PM

If the centre halves continue to play like they did against Dundee we'll need 3 defensive midfielders-home and away.

If McLean goes south we can pick him up when he comes back-he'll never make it.

SMAXXA
21-01-2013, 06:33 PM
If the centre halves continue to play like they did against Dundee we'll need 3 defensive midfielders-home and away.

If McLean goes south we can pick him up when he comes back-he'll never make it.

See you just said similar on the Lappin thread, whats your view on the CH's who would you get rid off, or both?

ancient hibee
21-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Too late to get rid of but would prefer McGivern in there.McPake is death or glory-his positional play is lamentable.Hanlon's clearances are abysmal.They will have to be supported from in front just now -also the strikers are more liable to do it on their own rather than central defence so you shore up the part of the team that needs the help.

hfc rd
21-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Great young player who I wouldn't mind seeing in a Hibs top. But think he is going to be plying his trade in England pretty soon.

Wotherspiniesta
21-01-2013, 08:56 PM

Now obviously I'm a fan of Wotherspoon so pick up on criticism like this. But why is it always you? Nearly every single post you've made on this messageboard has been slagging the guy off. Ripping the pish out of him last season at every opportunity, not a post made during our good run (and Spoony's good run) of form, then bumping your gums when his and our standards drop slightly.

Basically, Stanton10....

What's your problem? :rolleyes:

Troll? Yam? Did he pump your missus?

All of the above?

Russell The Dug
21-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Too late to get rid of but would prefer McGivern in there.McPake is death or glory-his positional play is lamentable.Hanlon's clearances are abysmal.They will have to be supported from in front just now -also the strikers are more liable to do it on their own rather than central defence so you shore up the part of the team that needs the help.

Our best centre half plays as right back. It's unbelievable how much Clancy is wasted there considering we signed him on the back of his fantastic season at centre half at Motherwell last season. McGivern and Clancy in the middle would be ideal.

SMAXXA
21-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Our best centre half plays as right back. It's unbelievable how much Clancy is wasted there considering we signed him on the back of his fantastic season at centre half at Motherwell last season. McGivern and Clancy in the middle would be ideal.

I wouldn't discount McPake so quickly however I do think him and Tim or Ryan would be better that Paul IMO. Problem is we need those two to strengthen the defence as a collective as we don't have great strong options at fullback. Could argue less so at left back if you play Lewis.

allezsauzee
21-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Without being disrespectful to St Mirren, why would Spoony want to play for a smaller club? He's a good player who has committed the 'cardinal sin' for some on here by looking brilliant at 19 years old and not turning out to be top drawer by the age of 23. (A bit like Lewis really). David like Lewis is still a good player and well worth keeping a hold of longer term. He still has a good 5 or 6 years until he reaches his best all going well.

SMAXXA
21-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Without being disrespectful to St Mirren, why would Spoony want to play for a smaller club? He's a good player who has committed the 'cardinal sin' for some on here by looking brilliant at 19 years old and not turning out to be top drawer by the age of 23. (A bit like Lewis really). David like Lewis is still a good player and well worth keeping a hold of longer term. He still has a good 5 or 6 years until he reaches his best all going well.

So not long to wait till he hits his prime, let's give him a 6 year deal and call it an investment ;-)

NorthNorfolkHFC
22-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Just heard on forth one paddy saying he wants to add to his squad. Assemble, hibs.net scouting team!

Reckon we will get another defensive midfielder so paddy has 4 that he can change.

stanton10
22-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Now obviously I'm a fan of Wotherspoon so pick up on criticism like this. But why is it always you? Nearly every single post you've made on this messageboard has been slagging the guy off. Ripping the pish out of him last season at every opportunity, not a post made during our good run (and Spoony's good run) of form, then bumping your gums when his and our standards drop slightly.

Basically, Stanton10....

All of the above?

There no need to post a thread like that i am just given my honest thoughts, and i ask the q, would anyone bother if he was not playing ,move on ,he does not improve the team imo.

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2013, 09:11 AM

Its probably because of over reactions like that, some folk go over the top the other way? He's NEVER been brilliant, he's had the some very good games and very good moments, and has done better this season.

I would not be getting rid of him, but i'd be actively trying to replace him as a wide right player, and let him fight it out for a place where everyone keeps telling us he's more comfortable.

matty_f
22-01-2013, 09:29 AM

Basically, Stanton10....

All of the above?

Wotherspoon made it to the first team and others ended up elsewhere :wink:

hibsbollah
22-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Wotherspoon has been much improved this season. The 'preferred position' thing is a bit of a red herring though; most of his best performances this season have been wide right, and he did well at fullback last time, although we're always told hes a disaster there.

Most players 'prefer' to play in the centre because they see more of the ball there. It doesnt mean thats best for the team.

stanton10
22-01-2013, 06:16 PM
I seemed to have missed your point , or is it a case that the truth hurts
maybee have a wee think in future,??

Wotherspiniesta
22-01-2013, 06:43 PM
There no need to post a thread like that i am just given my honest thoughts, and i ask the q, would anyone bother if he was not playing ,move on ,he does not improve the team imo.

Check your posts. Like I said, nearly every post has been slating Wotherspoon, who's actually contributed a lot this season. Yet here you are, still having a pop at him :confused:. A few posters who don't rate him have at least said he's improved this season, your agenda just seems a little personal.....

...... Which brings me to this post. Kurtis Byrne in disguise? :wink:

Wotherspiniesta
22-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Wotherspoon has been much improved this season. The 'preferred position' thing is a bit of a red herring though; most of his best performances this season have been wide right, and he did well at fullback last time, although we're always told hes a disaster there.

Most players 'prefer' to play in the centre because they see more of the ball there. It doesnt mean thats best for the team.

I've said all along his best position will be just off the front man/men, playing through the middle. Think people would rather Cairney played in that position though, which I'd be happy with aswell. For all that we need pace on the wings, I think DW and PC have done well this season. A lot of assists and about 3/4 goals each. Decent return IMO.

Mr White
22-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Could DW's "better" performances playing centrally for Scotland u21s be down to playing against players with only equal or less first team experience as him rather than his position? I think he can be good wide right when he takes his man on but he drifts in and out of games sometimes and suspect that some fullbacks are confident they know how to keep him quiet.

Bobo
22-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Could DW's "better" performances playing centrally for Scotland u21s be down to playing against players with only equal or less first team experience as him rather than his position? I think he can be good wide right when he takes his man on but he drifts in and out of games sometimes and suspect that some fullbacks are confident they know how to keep him quiet.

His decision making, passing and crossing are too inconsistent and not good enough to make a decent winger. His speed and stamina aren't up to it either IMO.

He's improved a lot this season but still has much to learn.

NorthNorfolkHFC
22-01-2013, 09:49 PM
His decision making, passing and crossing are too inconsistent and not good enough to make a decent winger. His speed and stamina aren't up to it either IMO.

It's strange because I could never see him being an experienced pro.

lord bunberry
22-01-2013, 09:58 PM
I like wotherspoon i think he has got something about him. If he wants to sign a new deal then we should offer him one but we shouldn't break the bank to do so. I reckon he has suffered from not being a natural winger and the fact that we don't get enough players forward quickly enough for our wide players hence they often have to turn back or try to do to much themselves

AlbertK86
22-01-2013, 10:03 PM

And his closing down and tracking back is brutal. Dundee goal move started cos he waltz alongside the boy instead of putting in a challenge. Very lazy defensively

Jonnyboy
22-01-2013, 10:14 PM

I'm beginning to think you're a Hibs youth player - maybe a midfielder? The amount of abuse you aim at Wotherspoon makes me think you want his place in the team

bigwheel
22-01-2013, 10:59 PM
I'm beginning to think you're a Hibs youth player - maybe a midfielder? The amount of abuse you aim at Wotherspoon makes me think you want his place in the team

I think he's a yam, or possibly the most negative poster on here - and that is a hard title to win ! :)

Stevie Reid
23-01-2013, 11:42 AM

How can you say that, he hasn't played there for us? Yes, he looked good there for Motherwell, but you have to consider it in the context of the other CH alongside him, and the full backs on either side. Clancy has been the right back we've been seeking for ages, and has been excellent there (he is actually one of the most composed players on the ball that we have) - McPake and Hanlon have had some shockers, but they have also put in some excellent defensive shifts at times.

allmodcons
23-01-2013, 12:29 PM

Clue is in the name, nothing to do with the great Pat Stanton!!
Not the most subtle username, but he's not at all happy being loaned out when Wotherspoon is getting a start.

stanton10
23-01-2013, 07:50 PM
I, am sorry but it is not abuse my thoughts are that he is not worth a place in the team , not good enough i have said before ,regarding some of the return post ,you are way out of line in fact idont understand some of them, this is based on 3years /seasons of doing nothing ,wake up one deflected goal does not make you a player IMO.

Leishy1995
23-01-2013, 08:01 PM
I, am sorry but it is not abuse my thoughts are that he is not worth a place in the team , not good enough i have said before ,regarding some of the return post ,you are way out of line in fact idont understand some of them, this is based on 3years /seasons of doing nothing ,wake up one deflected goal does not make you a player IMO.

basically, he was saying you are Sam Stanton.

HTD1875
23-01-2013, 08:02 PM
I think Wotherspoon is underrated,he was the only player in our midfield on Saturday that looked capable of beating his opponent,showing some glimpses of skill.
he has scored goals this season and had plenty of assists,who else in the squad could play right midfield? Doyle played well there against Celtic,but was poor against hearts and I don't think he has good enough control to play there permenantly.
so unless we can sign a better player in this transfer window,he will be a fixture in the team for the remainder of the season.

carnoustiehibee
23-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Whoever stanton10 is, he's spot on.

Speedway
23-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Can all threads about players who are coming nowhere near us reach three pages?

jdships
23-01-2013, 08:20 PM

:top marks:thumbsup:

Russell The Dug
23-01-2013, 08:48 PM
How can you say that, he hasn't played there for us? Yes, he looked good there for Motherwell, but you have to consider it in the context of the other CH alongside him, and the full backs on either side. Clancy has been the right back we've been seeking for ages, and has been excellent there (he is actually one of the most composed players on the ball that we have) - McPake and Hanlon have had some shockers, but they have also put in some excellent defensive shifts at times.

The best season of his career was last season at centre half mate. He was outstanding. For me he doesn't look that comfortable at all at full back but I concede he's better than the Jambo cart horse we have in reserve. Hanlon and McPake are on the whole shaky in the middle, both get drawn out of position all the time and its not a solid foundation at all. I hope in the summer we bring in a left back, someone who can get forward and move Clancy into the middle with Hanlon or McPake.

Wotherspiniesta
23-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Whoever stanton10 is, he's spot on.

He's been here over 2 years and done nothing but rip the pish out of a decent young Hibs player. You think that's "spot on"? :rolleyes:

hibby72
23-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Wotherspoon PLAYS BETTER MIDDLE OF PARK HES NOT A WINGER:thumbsup:

SaulGoodman
23-01-2013, 09:27 PM
When I saw 3 pages on this I thought there might be something happening.

Didn't expect 3 pages about David Wotherspoon.

Saorsa
23-01-2013, 09:31 PM
When I saw 3 pages on this I thought there might be something happening.

Didn't expect 3 pages about David Wotherspoon.It's much better just picking on the players that are here :agree: if we sign this guy I'm sure he'll get his turn at some point, probably efter he disnae dae anything spectacular efter two games.

SaulGoodman
23-01-2013, 09:33 PM
It's much better just picking on the players that are here :agree: if we sign this guy I'm sure he'll get his turn at some point, probably efter he disnae dae anything spectacular efter two games.

Or has a couple of poor games :agree:

carnoustiehibee
23-01-2013, 09:36 PM
He's been here over 2 years and done nothing but rip the pish out of a decent young Hibs player. You think that's "spot on"? :rolleyes:

Dont roll your eyes, it's my opinion.

If spoony was any good he wouldn't still be playing with us would he? An English club would've snapped him up like any other half decent younf Scottish player.

Fergus52
23-01-2013, 09:48 PM

If spoony was any good he wouldn't still be playing with us would he? An English club would've snapped him up like any other half decent younf Scottish player.

I'm sorry but if that argument was true then all hibs players are pish because they're not playing in England, no?

sesoim
23-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Amazing how quickly Wotherspoons good performances - Motherwell away, Inverness, Dundee, St Mirren (H+A) Hearts 1-1 draw suddenly don't exist after a poorer run.

Well, it would preferable if we have players who actually perform most weeks, rather than go missing like DW does on a regular basis.

sesoim
23-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Watching him for Scotland under 21s he's best as an attacking midfielder picking a pass from the centre of the field. It's easy to lose concentration when played out wide. D plays best when he's involved in the play consistently.

Just about every time I've saw him in the middle he's done nothing and we've lost.

WestEndHibee
23-01-2013, 09:57 PM

IMO that's not just down to Wotherspoon. Who knows how good he could be with a solid team around him! the two half seasons he's looked great have been the only 2 half seasons where hibs have had a decent side.

I would've liked to see a midfield player like Kevin Thomson thrive in the sort of teams that DW has been playing. KT was arguably one of the best players to come through our system in the golden generation but he didn't half benefit from having so many good players around him.

carnoustiehibee
23-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Young Scottish players I said. Like snodgrass, mcarthy, mcarthur, forsyth, McDonald, dorrans, goodwillie, etc etc. Plus all the hibs players that have left for better clubs.

He's what 23-24? Should be by now either pushing into the Scotland squad or getting s move down south. Neither I can see happening soon.

Kaiser_Sauzee
23-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Admins - can we change the thread title to 'Not Kenny McLean' or 'David Wotherspoon'?

carnoustiehibee
23-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Highland hibee. If he was good he would be shining in a poor team and taking games by the scruff of the neck.

Put this isn't a spoony thread. Just sad, if someone slats him cause "he's one of our own" he gets shot down.

Lucius Apuleius
24-01-2013, 01:50 PM
The best season of his career was last season at centre half mate. He was outstanding. For me he doesn't look that comfortable at all at full back but I concede he's better than the Jambo cart horse we have in reserve. Hanlon and McPake are on the whole shaky in the middle, both get drawn out of position all the time and its not a solid foundation at all. I hope in the summer we bring in a left back, someone who can get forward and move Clancy into the middle with Hanlon or McPake.

Who is this?

J-C
24-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Who is this?

Unfortunately I think he's talking about the Leeds supporting Alan Maybury, no need for the personal abuse of Hibs players.

Lucius Apuleius
24-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately I think he's talking about the Leeds supporting Alan Maybury, no need for the personal abuse of Hibs players.

Kind of thought that mate. Absolutely ridiculous statement by him and says so much more about him that anything else.

Borderhibbie76
25-01-2013, 12:17 AM
No need to slag one of our own players like that, im no massive fan of maybury but he is a good experienced pro who provides excellent cover on bench and 100% when called upon! Truly uncalled for remark from a supposed hibbie!!

blackpoolhibs
25-01-2013, 08:39 AM
No need to slag one of our own players like that, im no massive fan of maybury but he is a good experienced pro who provides excellent cover on bench and 100% when called upon! Truly uncalled for remark from a supposed hibbie!!

Exactly, and he's completely ignoring the fantastic games Maybury had in Europe for Rangers just before he signed for us, especially those games in France and Greece?