PDA

View Full Version : Mental Hibs fan

Father Ted
20-01-2013, 01:14 PM
I was wondering who is the craziest Hibs fan that you know, not just the guys that go to every home & away game but the ones that eat, sleep and breathe Hibs and has his Hibs socks and boxers on every day and has their house covered in regalia that sort of thing.Any stories :flag:

VickMackie
20-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Aggie Kay. :greengrin:

SteveHFC
20-01-2013, 01:19 PM
Me:greengrin

jae
20-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Aggie Kay. :greengrin:

Beat me to it. Seen around Gilmerton with her Hibs scarf at all times. If its not round her kneck in the summer it's in her pocket. :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
20-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Dunno if its still there but used to be a ground floor flat near the Pear Tree where one room could only be described as a shrine to Hibs. Top marks who ever you are!!! Either single or divorced ;) or married to a Hibby :) Could be the missus of course :)

Theres also guys from London Hibs - Alex was one and I think Pat was the other - they travel/travelled up for every game - Home and Away. There was also guys who came to the London Hibs meetings on cold Tuesday evenings in the winter from Dover. Folks just love the Hibees!!!

CB_NO3
20-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Av missed 2 games all season, home and away including cups. My brother and cuz have missed 1 each but we not had Hibs curtains since we were 10. Do we qualify lol.

Betty Boop
20-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Big Frank Dougan.

Russell The Dug
20-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Old Maud.

hibees 7062
20-01-2013, 02:27 PM
stuart reid

Stantons Angel
20-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Old Maud.

The late and great Maude McFarlane, along with Frank Dougan were and are great Hibs fans and that no one could deny. Another great Hibby recently departed is Gordon "Flash" Gordon who's hall in his home was a shrine to every thing Hibs .

My favourite would have to be Ali "Bongo" McDonald or just plain Bongo to his pals. Bongo's body is itself a shrine to Hibernian massive Hibs tattoos back and front and badges tats on his arms. He never missed a game home or away even for the young teams he would drive miles just to see his team in green.

Unfortunately he has had a bit of a relapse this season but hopefully he will come to his senses soon.

Im sure we all know someone daft enough!

Iggy Pope
20-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Me:greengrin

You sound like Frank Dougan

SteveHFC
20-01-2013, 03:15 PM
You sound like Frank Dougan

:faf: :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
20-01-2013, 03:16 PM
I know one bloke who was such a big Hibby, he even saw green men hallucinations after a few too many swallies. :agree:

Iggy Pope
20-01-2013, 03:18 PM
I know one bloke who was such a big Hibby, he even saw green men hallucinations after a few too many swallies. :agree:

These wee green men exist still
:greengrin

ZS DOOM
20-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Subo

muzzhfc
20-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Maud - hibs grandmother. My old downstairs neighbour. Rest in peace

monktonharp
20-01-2013, 10:54 PM
I was wondering who is the craziest Hibs fan that you know, not just the guys that go to every home & away game but the ones that eat, sleep and breathe Hibs and has his Hibs socks and boxers on every day and has their house covered in regalia that sort of thing.Any stories :flag:I'm Sparticus:wink:

Russell The Dug
20-01-2013, 11:10 PM
The late and great Maude McFarlane, along with Frank Dougan were and are great Hibs fans and that no one could deny. Another great Hibby recently departed is Gordon "Flash" Gordon who's hall in his home was a shrine to every thing Hibs .

My favourite would have to be Ali "Bongo" McDonald or just plain Bongo to his pals. Bongo's body is itself a shrine to Hibernian massive Hibs tattoos back and front and badges tats on his arms. He never missed a game home or away even for the young teams he would drive miles just to see his team in green.

Unfortunately he has had a bit of a relapse this season but hopefully he will come to his senses soon.

Im sure we all know someone daft enough!

Maude was some lady. As an outsider on the Hawkhill I was scared of her but the more your there and spoke to her she was a fantastic woman. Complete pleasure to know such a person devoted to our club. Rip x

hibees 7062
21-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Maude was some lady. As an outsider on the Hawkhill I was scared of her but the more your there and spoke to her she was a fantastic woman. Complete pleasure to know such a person devoted to our club. Rip x

:top marksHad some interesting conversations with her when i picked her up fron sunnyside

legends of 73
21-01-2013, 03:44 PM
Beat me to it. Seen around Gilmerton with her Hibs scarf at all times. If its not round her kneck in the summer it's in her pocket. :thumbsup:

She's been like that for years:flag::flag:

GlenrothesHibee
21-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the old guy who sat up the back of the old east stand. Remember him singing his Hibernian lulabay? at every home game. Never seen him since the new stand went up.:dunno:

Russell The Dug
21-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the old guy who sat up the back of the old east stand. Remember him singing his Hibernian lulabay? at every home game. Never seen him since the new stand went up.:dunno:

The toora loora loora guy? Aye not heard him in years either.

GlenrothesHibee
21-01-2013, 04:03 PM
The toora loora loora guy? Aye not heard him in years either.

Thats the guy. "Cmon ma bonny boys!" Some character

hibees 7062
21-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Thats the guy. "Cmon ma bonny boys!" Some character

Big Stuart Reid , only goes to big games now i believe . My sister cuts his hair , he used to work with us and sang like this all day everyday

alnewhaven
21-01-2013, 07:18 PM
He sits at the front of FF upper now. There every home gamr

lapsedhibee
21-01-2013, 08:01 PM
I was wondering who is the craziest Hibs fan that you know

Shirley Mad Vlad McMad must be in with a shout? :dunno:

darwenhibby
21-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Blackpool Hibs is a very big Hibs fan!!

Iggy Pope
21-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Blackpool Hibs is a very big Hibs fan!!

And he has a penchant for Freddie Mercury!
Saucy get.

Do Lancs Hibs have their meetings down Canal Street then?
:cb

majorhibs
21-01-2013, 08:13 PM

Still off topic but our favourite as young colts in the East in the 70's, top of the old east next to the cowshed was the guy wi "OHHH HIBEE HIBEE, HIBEE HIBEE HIBEE HIBEE HIBEE HIBEE" always completely unrelated to anythin on the park, completely spontaneous & usually when everyone else was silent as nothing had happened for about the last 3/4 minutes, loud as ye like and definately a voice perfected by many beverages in the hours preceding, who was that legend and whatever happened to him? :flag:

1875er
21-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Brockie... I had to have my wedding on a Friday so he could be an usher!! Little ********!! ;-)

GlenrothesHibee
21-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Still off topic but our favourite as young colts in the East in the 70's, top of the old east next to the cowshed was the guy wi "OHHH HIBEE HIBEE, HIBEE HIBEE HIBEE HIBEE HIBEE HIBEE" always completely unrelated to anythin on the park, completely spontaneous & usually when everyone else was silent as nothing had happened for about the last 3/4 minutes, loud as ye like and definately a voice perfected by many beverages in the hours preceding, who was that legend and whatever happened to him? :flag: Lol brilliant. Same guy maybe?

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2013, 09:43 PM
No mention yet of the late Wattie Robb and Mick McGhee respectively......Hibbiness exuded from them both.......Both missed.....

Baldy Foghorn
21-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Brockie... I had to have my wedding on a Friday so he could be an usher!! Little ********!! ;-)

My mate from Glasgow (who I was best man for), still bemoans the fact that I organised the stag weekend in Scotland, then left early saturday morning to get to cup tie vs St Mirren, then went back up North for dinner on Saturday evening, he was not best pleased:greengrin

darwenhibby
21-01-2013, 10:35 PM
And he has a penchant for Freddie Mercury!
Saucy get.

Do Lancs Hibs have their meetings down Canal Street then?
:cb
I do believe that lancs Hibs has had a lot of meetings down canal street! But that's his business.