PDA

View Full Version : McGivern Yesterday

ahibby
20-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Ben Williams deserved man of the match for saving us from getting a doing but I think McGivern deserves a special mention for his play yesterday. I thought he was the best player on the park yesterday by far.

Billy Whizz
20-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Ben Williams deserved man of the match for saving us from getting a doing but I think McGivern deserves a special mention for his play yesterday. I thought he was the best player on the park yesterday by far.

He got forward a lot, but I thought he could have done better at their goal.

hfc rd
20-01-2013, 10:54 AM
He's been so consistent this season. He looks too good for this league. I really hope we keep him on a permanent deal but its going to be tough as like Leigh Griffiths, his performances ain't going to go unnoticed from clubs down south.

Heisenberg
20-01-2013, 10:54 AM

Was he not on the other side of the pitch?

Billy Whizz
20-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Was he not on the other side of the pitch?

He went with the runner, but should have thrown his body in front of the shot in my opinion

DC_Hibs
20-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Showed no urgency to block the boys shot as he clearly wasnt expecting it.

In view of that, a thread praising his performance is George Raft.

Tyler Durden
20-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Was at fault twice for the goal. Firstly he was 3 yards behind the rest of the defence to play his man on side. Having then done so, he really had to block the shot.

Liams
20-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Am i the only that thought ben actuallly didnt do that much, i mean he comanded his area well and caught a few crosses but he didnt pull many saves off, imo

hfc rd
20-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Am i the only that thought ben actuallly didnt do that much, i mean he comanded his area well and caught a few crosses but he didnt pull many saves off, imo

I'm confused with the bit that says "he didn't pull many saves off". He saved 3-4 one on ones to keep us in the game.

Greendub
20-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Had some good runs totally skinning the Dundee team, and I am dying to see one of his outside the box thunder strikes sail right in the top corner

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2013, 12:33 PM

Yip i think you probably are?

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Like the idea of full backs being able to play the far up the pitch. but our delivery of the ball into the box after that wasn't overly great.

#FromTheCapital
20-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Said this on another thread but I reckon mcgivern would be better as a midfielder. Looks very good going forward but is prone to errors at the back

Jpdhfc
20-01-2013, 12:52 PM

You at the game?

Liams
20-01-2013, 01:04 PM
You at the game?

well i take it i can never voice my opinion on this forum then, im just saying i can think of 1 decent save both halfs but i also think he could of done better for the goal. but never mind then he played a blinder and manage to keep the mighty attack force of dundee at bay...

cant wait to be called a yam next..

Jpdhfc
20-01-2013, 01:05 PM
well i take it i can never voice my opinion on this forum then, im just saying i can think of 1 decent save both halfs but i also think he could of done better for the goal. but never mind then he played a blinder and manage to keep the mighty attack force of dundee at bay...

Just saying you could not have watched game very close

Jonnyboy
20-01-2013, 06:32 PM

Your memory must be worse than mine :greengrin

Watch the BBC highlights on their site. A number (greater than two) of excellent saves :agree:

ahibby
21-01-2013, 01:00 PM

He's left back and their goal came through our right defensive area?

ahibby
21-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Showed no urgency to block the boys shot as he clearly wasnt expecting it.

In view of that, a thread praising his performance is George Raft.

You are joking, of course? Where was McPake all this time?

DC_Hibs
21-01-2013, 01:17 PM
You are joking, of course? Where was McPake all this time?

You're clearly the joker. Watch this for a mere 10 seconds only - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3uBwiLW7sY&list=PL0DF74379D4B448F0&index=4 - and you will see that McGivern was marking the boy, let him get away, then he made a half hearted attempt at blocking the shot.

Now, lets no start a "who's to blame" argument by throwing in McPake's name as that is irrelevant due to the fact - which is all I mentioned - that McGivern could have stopped the goal so this thread wasn't the best timed as others have pointed out.

Don't try and save face again by defending yourself as its clear as day.

Regards