PDA

View Full Version : Erskine

down-the-slope
20-01-2013, 09:37 AM
I see he scored 2 yesterday for Thistle - I hope we are near a deal for him :greengrin

SouthMoroccoStu
20-01-2013, 10:21 AM
I see he scored 2 yesterday for Thistle - I hope we are near a deal for him :greengrin

Is there rumour about a deal for him?

NorthNorfolkHFC
20-01-2013, 01:05 PM
I'd bet he's not even on our short list.

Heisenberg
20-01-2013, 01:08 PM

Im pretty sure we've been watching partick along with other 1st division teams this season.

truehibernian
20-01-2013, 01:38 PM

I'll bet you he is.

bingo70
20-01-2013, 01:52 PM
This is probably unfair on the guy as all i've seen of him is a clip on youtube where he actually scored a good goal but i hope we're not in for him. From that clip and from what i've heard about him is he's a skillfull guy but does't appear to be very quick. IMO we're absolutely crying out for some pace on the wings, i've heard Clark and Carmichael from QOTS mentioned, if they're quick i'd rather go for them.

truehibernian
20-01-2013, 07:32 PM
http://ptfc.co.uk/media/video/match_highlights/2012-2013/1901_falkirk

Highlights from yesterdays game, both on the scoresheet......his second goal remind you of anyone :agree:

Seveno
20-01-2013, 07:48 PM

Highlights from yesterdays game, both on the scoresheet......his second goal remind you of anyone :agree:

Erskine looks quality. Hope we sign him

Jonnyboy
20-01-2013, 07:48 PM

:hmmm: :greengrin Cracking finish :agree:

Heisenberg
20-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Quality second goal! Get him signed up to play on the left, gets Cairney into the middle.

3pm
20-01-2013, 07:54 PM
May be a bridge too far this month...

truehibernian
20-01-2013, 07:57 PM
May be a bridge too far this month...

I see what you did there 3pm :greengrin

Macaroon
20-01-2013, 08:03 PM

Eriksen maybe? :greengrin

NorthNorfolkHFC
20-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Im pretty sure we've been watching partick along with other 1st division teams this season.

I'll be happy to bet we don't sign anybody else this window.

Not heard any concrete stuff re: erskene, carmichael, daly, flood.

Its not hard to sign players so i fail to see why we can't do it and get them in, its not fans impatience, its a necessity for a team thats performing really poorly.

truehibernian
20-01-2013, 08:14 PM

Its not hard to sign players so i fail to see why we can't do it and get them in, its not fans impatience, its a necessity for a team thats performing really poorly.

True, but planning for next season and the season after has already started weeks/months ago. To be honest I expect one or two signings and maybe a couple of pre-contracts, but dependant on other moves behind the scenes. Maybe being greedy of course. The last few days are usually when you start getting the business done and it's certainly not a window that clubs want to lose their best players. We are 4th with the squad we have and we had pretty much at the start of the season - I'm content with that and that we can play a whole lot better than yesterday. Still in the cup, we have beaten Celtic, Hearts and Dundee United, have a striker in the top end of the scoring charts, and a team that even in defeat works hard and doesn't come off the field to boos because of this - and a manager who wants winners.

Can't really complain after the last 2 seasons, can we ?

Macaroon
20-01-2013, 08:22 PM

Most ridiculous post I've seen in a while.

AlbertK86
20-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Erskine certainly took his 2nd goal well

The Falkirk boy Lyle also took his well but missed a sitter

Think both could improve our attacking options

ArmadaleHibs
20-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Chris canny fart but his Erskine

NorthNorfolkHFC
20-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Most ridiculous post I've seen in a while.

Really? You should read hibs.net more often then.

Dashing Bob S
20-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Decent player, but no skin of my erse if we don't sign him.

JimBHibees
20-01-2013, 08:54 PM
I'll bet you he is.

If he is a left winger are we going to sign him if we already have Craig lined up?

Macaroon
20-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Really? You should read hibs.net more often then.

I usually give the main board a miss for that reason.

If it was that easy to sign players then we would have signed players? Fenlon/the board aren't idiots nor do they want the team to do badly so it's hardly like they are neglecting transfers on purpose.

NorthNorfolkHFC
20-01-2013, 09:55 PM
I doubt they are neglecting transfers. I just think things should be happening quicker.

We are in this constant state of 'development', I just wonder for how long and for what purpose?

It's painfully obvious the shortcomings of our side and it doesn't take a manager to identify them.

monktonharp
20-01-2013, 10:17 PM
If I was a weegie, I would be a jag, jags jags glorious jags , it's doon at Firhill that they play. some say the huns and the tims are okay ,but gie me the jags any old day:singing:

Islanderhibee
22-01-2013, 02:39 PM
:wink:chris erskine,bolton enquiring about him?,also 7 spl teams interested also.hibees:flag: included!!..source his dad!!..hibees have watched him and kris doolan also ?.darren jackson is his agent -chris erskine.scored 2 on sat,but been out of team last few games.partick fans seem to think hes got a bit of ability,can score odd wonder goal?.:pfgwa

3pm
22-01-2013, 05:43 PM
That's a bit of a bold statement...

Vault Boy
22-01-2013, 05:50 PM
That's a bit of a bold statement...

:tee hee:

Islanderhibee
23-01-2013, 11:11 AM
:thumbsup::agree:.sorry for bold statement!!.well thats the info on chris erskine??.

WestEndHibee
23-01-2013, 11:19 AM
I doubt they are neglecting transfers. I just think things should be happening quicker.

We are in this constant state of 'development', I just wonder for how long and for what purpose?

It's painfully obvious the shortcomings of our side and it doesn't take a manager to identify them.

The whole thing about development is that it has to be done slowly to be sustainable. Would you prefer we were like the Yams and threw money around just to sign players quicker?

Signing players quickly costs more and if they don't work out then it's an even more expensive mistake! I for one would prefer to be in a state of development for 15 years than to have 7 years of success only to be crippled afterwards.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-01-2013, 01:13 PM
The whole thing about development is that it has to be done slowly to be sustainable. Would you prefer we were like the Yams and threw money around just to sign players quicker?

Signing players quickly costs more and if they don't work out then it's an even more expensive mistake! I for one would prefer to be in a state of development for 15 years than to have 7 years of success only to be crippled afterwards.

Yes, development has to be done slowly to work.

Signing players quickly or slowly doesn't make a difference, unless pre contract.

My point is: what are we developing for? Football, currently is developing rapidly and in a constant state of change with players and managers moving almost as much as my bowels.

We could be developing for years with no end product whereby we maintain our position and never really target achievement or success.

I am going to be 30 this year and I haven't seen Hibs set the heather alight. My highlights include League Cup and the Sauzee era: Thats it. My hearts 'mates' have seen a great deal more.

I am not condoning the Yams disgraceful management but some middle ground would be suitable because I am beginning to resent the word 'development', it may as well be substituted for mediocrity.

lord bunberry
23-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Yes, development has to be done slowly to work.

Signing players quickly or slowly doesn't make a difference, unless pre contract.

My point is: what are we developing for? Football, currently is developing rapidly and in a constant state of change with players and managers moving almost as much as my bowels.

We could be developing for years with no end product whereby we maintain our position and never really target achievement or success.

I am going to be 30 this year and I haven't seen Hibs set the heather alight. My highlights include League Cup and the Sauzee era: Thats it. My hearts 'mates' have seen a great deal more.

I am not condoning the Yams disgraceful management but some middle ground would be suitable because I am beginning to resent the word 'development', it may as well be substituted for mediocrity.

I would hope that we are currently laying the foundation's of a team that will go on to be the dominant force outside the old firm. If you look at other teams they are all losing players and making cutbacks. We are in a relatively good financial position we have the infrastructure in place but what's been missing is the right man in the dugout to capitalise on this. Hopefully we now have that

johnrebus
23-01-2013, 02:09 PM
I would hope that we are currently laying the foundation's of a team that will go on to be the dominant force outside the old firm. If you look at other teams they are all losing players and making cutbacks. We are in a relatively good financial position we have the infrastructure in place but what's been missing is the right man in the dugout to capitalise on this. Hopefully we now have that

I believe we around £6m in debt and losing around twenty grand a week.

With the youth talent conveyor belt long dried up, I would suggest that we are not in a good place right now regarding finance.

:cb

Islanderhibee
26-03-2013, 09:47 PM
:confused: Dundee utd in for chris erskine???,offered pre contract I believe?,:rolleyes:.hes holding out till end of season to see if any more offers come in.pats had him watched loads!!.wonder if us hibees are gonna offer him a deal?.there was strong rumours we defo watched and are interested?.hes a good player,scores some cracking goals too!.punt matt done !!.get it sorted pat!!!!!.:agree::aok:.

SMAXXA
26-03-2013, 09:53 PM
:confused: Dundee utd in for chris erskine???,offered pre contract I believe?,:rolleyes:.hes holding out till end of season to see if any more offers come in.pats had him watched loads!!.wonder if us hibees are gonna offer him a deal?.there was strong rumours we defo watched and are interested?.hes a good player,scores some cracking goals too!.punt matt done !!.get it sorted pat!!!!!.:agree::aok:.

Was always going to be the case

SMAXXA
26-03-2013, 10:10 PM
Looks a funny build of a player, scorfed aq good goal and played his part in another couple. How poor did Mcneil and Booth look here -

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/livitv.php

Diclonius
26-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Another player we think isn't good enough ala Mackay-Steven who Dundee United will sign?

Jonnyboy
26-03-2013, 10:17 PM
The McNamara factor could be key in where the lad ends up

Haymaker
26-03-2013, 11:26 PM
The McNamara factor could be key in where the lad ends up

Yep. I hope not though, could be a great player for us.

monktonharp
27-03-2013, 12:50 AM
I see he scored 2 yesterday for Thistle - I hope we are near a deal for him :greengrinErskine: I thought that was a bridge too far for Hibs fans?

monktonharp
27-03-2013, 12:54 AM
:confused: Dundee utd in for chris erskine???,offered pre contract I believe?,:rolleyes:.hes holding out till end of season to see if any more offers come in.pats had him watched loads!!.wonder if us hibees are gonna offer him a deal?.there was strong rumours we defo watched and are interested?.hes a good player,scores some cracking goals too!.punt matt done !!.get it sorted pat!!!!!.:agree::aok:.cuid mile failte islander! never seen you on here before!:cb

scoopyboy
27-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Word I got about him was skilful but as fast as a week in Saughton.

We really could do with players with pace, or at least a player with pace.

truehibernian
27-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Word I got about him was skilful but as fast as a week in Saughton.

We really could do with players with pace, or at least a player with pace.

I'm hearing we are trying very hard to sign Chris Forrester scoops, an Irish lad who Fenlon's watched and had watched a few times. I know her haw about him to be honest.

Erskine I know would like to sign - he reminds me of Derek in a way - beautifully frustrating at times but with the skill that can turn a game in a heart beat.

Islanderhibee
27-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Yeah chris erskine looks abit Deek like!!!:rolleyes:,but that's where it ends as he's level headed lad?..I know his dad.hes holding out until summer?,as yet no approach from the hibees!!!:confused:.watched a plenty though?,so was cairney also.
He has a bit of skill,can make a goal out of nothing ?,one with right coaching could be an excellent player!!.i also heard we watched another Partick player kris doolan.:flag:

Speedway
28-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Poor man's Granny Dalbraith. Taylor looked OK the Falkirk's performance reminded me of that German lower league side, Fuchen Shochen.

If my number 4 was getting out-jumped that regularly, I'd check to see if Paul Hanlon had sneaked onto my teamsheet whilst I wasn't looking.

silverhibee
28-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Yeah chris erskine looks abit Deek like!!!:rolleyes:,but that's where it ends as he's level headed lad?..I know his dad.hes holding out until summer?,as yet no approach from the hibees!!!:confused:.watched a plenty though?,so was cairney also.
He has a bit of skill,can make a goal out of nothing ?,one with right coaching could be an excellent player!!.i also heard we watched another Partick player kris doolan.:flag:

:rolleyes: :confused: :agree: :cb :aok:

Islanderhibee
04-04-2013, 04:30 PM
:confused: Looks like chris erskine is awa to the Arabs:agree:.info tells me him and lad Paton from Partick are signing there?3yr deals I believe:confused:. My info tells me we watched him,but hibs never offered deal or approached him?.maybe the boy forester is one we are bringing in?..:aok::hibees

Leishy1995
04-04-2013, 05:00 PM
:confused: Looks like chris erskine is awa to the Arabs:agree:.info tells me him and lad Paton from Partick are signing there?3yr deals I believe:confused:. My info tells me we watched him,but hibs never offered deal or approached him?.maybe the boy forester is one we are bringing in?..:aok::hibees

Are you ok? You keep typing like this...???

Deeks!!!!!
:confused:

:aok:

Erskine

SMAXXA
04-04-2013, 05:27 PM

:blah::yawn:

Billy Whizz
04-04-2013, 05:58 PM

Can't see Partick being too happy with this out in the public domain, as they push for promotion

Islanderhibee
05-04-2013, 10:55 AM
:na na:The boy is defo to Dundee utd.info is correct.think we are after two guys from queen of south??.irish boy forrester too?.lots of talent in scottish lower leagues.livi have some good young players too.we missed erskine though,pat didn't to offer him deal it seems,he's been to lots of thistle matches this season and hibees scouts.:hibees:cb:confused:

Andy74
05-04-2013, 10:57 AM
:na na:The boy is defo to Dundee utd.info is correct.think we are after two guys from queen of south??.irish boy forrester too?.lots of talent in scottish lower leagues.livi have some good young players too.we missed erskine though,pat didn't to offer him deal it seems,he's been to lots of thistle matches this season and hibees scouts.:hibees:cb:confused:

We haven't really missed him if we don't fancy him after watching him.