PDA

View Full Version : Positive thread

Keith_M
20-01-2013, 09:19 AM
I was feeling a bit negative after yesterday's game so thought I'd come up with a 'count your blessings' type thread. In realtion to yesterday's games, here's what I've thought up so far.

That's us now gone three games without defeat.

We've just equalled the points tally for the whole of last season

We moved one point further ahead of Hearts

:flag:

jodjam
20-01-2013, 09:23 AM
And more chances will be created when cairney and Craig are in midfield.

Andy74
20-01-2013, 09:23 AM
I was feeling a bit negative after yesterday's game so thought I'd come up with a 'count your blessings' type thread. In realtion to yesterday's games, here's what I've thought up so far.

Something to bear in mind is that we are still very, very short as a squad and yet we are still up there at the right end.

Most teams are losing players and I think come the summer when we lose more of the likes of Kujabi, Kuqi and Galbraith and have 3 or 4 new players that can challenge for a place then we will be in a decent position.

We are missing certain types of players and from the names we have been watching it looks like that will be sorted for next year.

Some of the early season stuff was a joy to watch so we need a bit more depth to keep that up.

brydekirk
20-01-2013, 09:29 AM
And more chances will be created when cairney and Craig are in midfield.
Agree, if we get Craig this month. We are still lacking pace though.

hibsbollah
20-01-2013, 09:31 AM
The second half we played OK.

down-the-slope
20-01-2013, 09:34 AM
We have a Goalie rather than a bloke that has No1 on his top :agree:

cocopops1875
20-01-2013, 09:35 AM

This will never catch on :devil:

spike220
20-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Something to bear in mind is that we are still very, very short as a squad and yet we are still up there at the right end.

Most teams are losing players and I think come the summer when we lose more of the likes of Kujabi, Kuqi and Galbraith and have 3 or 4 new players that can challenge for a place then we will be in a decent position.

We are missing certain types of players and from the names we have been watching it looks like that will be sorted for next year.

Some of the early season stuff was a joy to watch so we need a bit more depth to keep that up.

Yes and I think that has had an effect on the kind of tactics PF can use. No wingers, no target men, but he has set out what he wanted to do, we have a few tough nuts who will not be pushed around and made us very hard to beat imho.

Onwards and upwards.:aok:

Good thread BTW.

spike220
20-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Also wanted to add, I am very pleased with PF. The man likes winning and hates losing and I like that about him! I like most the players he has brought in, you cant get it right 100% of the time, but he has put a good squad togethter, the teamsheet for this time last year was a horror show.

hibsbollah
20-01-2013, 09:50 AM
Also wanted to add, I am very pleased with PF. The man likes winning and hates losing and I like that about him! I like most the players he has brought in, you cant get it right 100% of the time, but he has put a good squad togethter, the teamsheet for this time last year was a horror show.

On the subject of this year vs last year; vs the Pars on January 13th 2012 we had;

Brown

Hart
Hanlon
Stephens
Booth

Soares
Osborne
Sproule
Wotherspoon

Doyle
Griffiths

So, SEVEN of those eleven have been replaced by a CLEARLY superior player (you could maybe argue about Ozzie but on balance id prefer Deegans combativeness) and the four that are still here are much better players this season.
We had a big hole to climb out of twelve months ago.

JollyGreenGiant
20-01-2013, 10:00 AM
On the subject of this year vs last year; vs the Pars on January 13th 2012 we had;

Brown

Hart
Hanlon
Stephens
Booth

Soares
Osborne
Sproule
Wotherspoon

Doyle
Griffiths

So, SEVEN of those eleven have been replaced by a CLEARLY superior player (you could maybe argue about Ozzie but on balance id prefer Deegans combativeness) and the four that are still here are much better players this season.
We had a big hole to climb out of twelve months ago.

Jeez, apart from the forward line, that team line up was shocking! Just shows the improvement PF has made in a year!

neil7908
20-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Difficult to be upbeat after after yesterday but its important to think of where we were last season. Doesn't mean we as fans or the coach/players should be content with poor performances but some perspective is important.

FWIW I think that after last season, and particularily the cup final, Fenlon has set out to create a side that is hard to beat. We were far, far too soft and he has clearly decided that the first step to building a decent team is make them tough to breakdown. This is been achieved reasonably successfully (with the exception of a couple of poor performances).

Now he needs to build further from the base he has created. The reasons I'm feeling positive is that if you look at the players we are being linked with/have signed, its clear Pat knows where the problems lie. Equally, with Kujabi, Galbraith and Kuqi all out of contract in the summer additional resources will be freed up. If we could keep our current league position (I think we'll struggle to get higher than 4th now tbh) then we would also have the prospect of European football (however briefly) next season as an added bonus to the fans, players and prospective signings.

And we're still in the Scottish Cup so who know! (well, maybe ignore that one).

Only danger is that Claros (just about our best midfielder), Griffiths (or best forward), McGiven, Wotherspoon and whoever else is out of contract in the summer could be away and then the rebuilding begins all over again.

hibsbollah
20-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Difficult to be upbeat after after yesterday but its important to think of where we were last season. Doesn't mean we as fans or the coach/players should be content with poor performances but some perspective is important.

FWIW I think that after last season, and particularily the cup final, Fenlon has set out to create a side that is hard to beat. We were far, far too soft and he has clearly decided that the first step to building a decent team is make them tough to breakdown. This is been achieved reasonably successfully (with the exception of a couple of poor performances).

Now he needs to build further from the base he has created. The reasons I'm feeling positive is that if you look at the players we are being linked with/have signed, its clear Pat knows where the problems lie. Equally, with Kujabi, Galbraith and Kuqi all out of contract in the summer additional resources will be freed up. If we could keep our current league position (I think we'll struggle to get higher than 4th now tbh) then we would also have the prospect of European football (however briefly) next season as an added bonus to the fans, players and prospective signings.

And we're still in the Scottish Cup so who know! (well, maybe ignore that one).

Only danger is that Claros (just about our best midfielder), Griffiths (or best forward), McGiven, Wotherspoon and whoever else is out of contract in the summer could be away and then the rebuilding begins all over again.

Good post :agree:

Liams
20-01-2013, 01:57 PM
I feeel doyle is becoming quite the player, decent at holding the ball and is decent on the wing and can score a header