PDA

View Full Version : Mcpake

Mikey_1875
19-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Really poor today especially first half. Not really been firing since his injury/missed a couple of games? Just seems second to every ball and generally off the pace. Think he knew it himself when he was straight down the tunnel today. Capable of good things and hopefully gets back on form soon.

craigmounthibs
19-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Agree. Distribution was dreadful.

CB_NO3
19-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Worst performance ever in a Hibs jersey IMO. Looks unfit, was the same against Hearts, he looked goosed after an hour in the derby.

hibee_girl
19-01-2013, 09:57 PM
He's played like that for a few weeks now, personally I don't think he deserved to walk straight back into the team after his injury and then suspension

Dinkydoo
19-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Just not been the same player as the end of last and beginning of this season. We'll need his leadership from the back if we are going to challenge for a top 4 position.

AlbertK86
19-01-2013, 10:12 PM
He was out for a while so hopefully after another few games he'll be back to his best

Vault Boy
19-01-2013, 10:24 PM
He was excellent against Celtic and had a good game against Hearts, not at his best today by any stretch of the imagination but he hasn't been that bad recently.

hibeedonald
19-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Worst performance ever in a Hibs jersey IMO. Looks unfit, was the same against Hearts, he looked goosed after an hour in the derby.

Thought he was immense v Hearts, they had like 12 corners and only one went close. Plus he was immense v Celtic the week before.

Mikey_1875
19-01-2013, 10:56 PM
I have to disagree. Although it's hard to argue with a defender that's had to clean sheets vs Hearts and Celtic I think Hanlon and Mcgivern (In the Derby) were the shining stars in these games and before these two he put in a couple of poor ones. Not that they carried McPake, just he didn't really show much like we have seen in the previous season.

CB_NO3
19-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Thought he was immense v Hearts, they had like 12 corners and only one went close. Plus he was immense v Celtic the week before.
He was excellent against Celtic. I think you see the best out of Mcpake when we are under lots of pressure. He is excellent at winning last minute headers and blocks but when he has time to pass etc he struggles which is strange for a guy that used to play upfront.

hungryhibs
20-01-2013, 12:13 AM
Not his best game today but everyone has there off days but still don't no why people try give him it stinking when he made a couple of mistakes his head was down when it happened we should be cheering the boys on not giving them a hard time

Wotherspiniesta
20-01-2013, 01:29 AM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/62928000/jpg/_62928730_mcpake.jpg

J-C
20-01-2013, 07:49 AM
He was excellent against Celtic. I think you see the best out of Mcpake when we are under lots of pressure. He is excellent at winning last minute headers and blocks but when he has time to pass etc he struggles which is strange for a guy that used to play upfront.

Thing is we don't want to be under severe pressure just to see the best of him, we need him to be at his best against the smaller sides in the league and not up for it just in the big matches.

lucky
20-01-2013, 08:04 AM
His display yesterday was below par. But he is at his best when we are under pressure. His leadership last year was one of the main reasons we are still in the SPL

ozzie
20-01-2013, 08:25 AM
He missed out in the clubstore signing last week due to illness, maybe not 100%. He's had more good performances than bad.

Albanian Hibs
20-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Had a go at someone/some people who were booing in the famous five lower in the first half.

Judas Iscariot
20-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Had a go at someone/some people who were booing in the famous five lower in the first half.

He was quite right to do so..

The amount of utter gonads that sit in the FF lower is unreal, especially central behind the goals..

My personal fav from yesterday was "Hanlon you **** (c u next tuesday) how about you actually ****ing do something!?"

Dead classy from the bespectacled perpetrator, more so being in the family stand on a Hibs Kids day..

5 bonus points for that :aok:

ahibby
20-01-2013, 10:25 AM
He went to ground a lot yesterday, misplaced passes and didn't win much or stop much. He didn't look fit to me compared with the Hearts/Celtic games and so I am a bit concerned about what has gone on the last two weeks. I presume all the players had the same time off and then training but he stood out as being the one who looked like he hadn't trained at all, no one else was as sluggish and mentally just not in the game. I was very hard on him yesterday not particularly loud but with those sitting around me and they all agreed. Yesterday was the kind of game that if JM had been on his game, being captain and all that, we might have taken all three points. He has been a star for us so I hope yesterday was just a blip.

TornadoHibby
20-01-2013, 10:38 AM
He was excellent against Celtic and had a good game against Hearts, not at his best today by any stretch of the imagination but he hasn't been that bad recently.

:top marks

Very poor yesterday and I don't think he won even one header against the Dundee forwards particularly big Nishy! :rolleyes:

I'm sure big James is as aware of how poor he was as we were and if anyone can change things around then I'm sure he can and he'll be working on how to do that as soon as possible I'm quite sure! :wink:

hungryhibs
20-01-2013, 01:45 PM
He was quite right to do so..

The amount of utter gonads that sit in the FF lower is unreal, especially central behind the goals..

My personal fav from yesterday was "Hanlon you **** (c u next tuesday) how about you actually ****ing do something!?"

Dead classy from the bespectacled perpetrator, more so being in the family stand on a Hibs Kids day..

5 bonus points for that :aok:

Some of the shouts at games are shocking yes we pay money 2 go watch but the abuse they where getting from our own fans is shocking he new he had a bad game we should be cheering them on not getting on there back and the booing was out of order as well p.s am in the lower ff with ma son