PDA

View Full Version : Colour clash

CB_NO3
19-01-2013, 07:19 PM
Anyone think there was a slight colour clash today. 3 times Claros gave the ball to a Dundee player and it was not just a loose pass. Twice he actually looked as if he meant to pick the player out. Both teams had a dark shade colour and white shorts on.

JollyGreenGiant
19-01-2013, 07:26 PM
I said this at the game today, never really noticed it until the second half though.

Famous Fiver
19-01-2013, 07:29 PM
I said it as soon as the teams kicked off.

I think it caused several problems.

Many refereeing mistakes all day and not dealing with colour clash was first of them.

ManBearPig
19-01-2013, 07:32 PM
totally agree especially when it got darker!!! First time ive had problem with dark green.

Mark79
19-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Thought the very same. However thats more to do with my eye sight.

DaveF
19-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Dundee should have worn their away kit. There was a definite colour clash when viewing from the West Upper.

adhibs
19-01-2013, 07:44 PM
definate clash today, caught me out a couple times.

TheEastTerrace
19-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Agree, Dundee should have been asked to play in away colours.

Pete
19-01-2013, 07:55 PM
I even found this at tynecastle to a lesser extent. I thought it was just me but my dad said this too. I asked why this was never the case in the sixties and seventies and he said he can't remember hibs ever wearing a green that dark.

Teams will have to start wearing their change kit and we will have to start getting the white and yellow ones out. It would be interesting to hear what Pat and the players honestly thought.

matty_f
19-01-2013, 08:01 PM
I thought the colours were too similar as well (would agree about the derby too, btw). There were a few times where it looked like a Dundee player was Hibs and vice versa.

O'Rourke3
19-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Yip. Annoyed the hell out of me.

Kris1875
19-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Totally agree , I said the same thing at kick off .

lucky
19-01-2013, 08:15 PM
I even found this at tynecastle to a lesser extent. I thought it was just me but my dad said this too. I asked why this was never the case in the sixties and seventies and he said he can't remember hibs ever wearing a green that dark.

Teams will have to start wearing their change kit and we will have to start getting the white and yellow ones out. It would be interesting to hear what Pat and the players honestly thought.

I agree I thought it was bigger problem at the PBS. Today we were gash

Sir David Gray
19-01-2013, 08:20 PM
I couldn't make it today but I thought there was a clash a couple of months ago when we played them at Dens Park.

They should definitely be playing in their away strip whenever they're at Easter Road, if we continue to have dark green home tops.

CB_NO3
19-01-2013, 08:22 PM
We had the white strip on at Dens. Haha

Sir David Gray
19-01-2013, 08:25 PM
We had the white strip on at Dens. Haha

Yeah, so we did!

I have no idea what I'm talking about!

Just ignore me, I've had a long day at work!

That's my excuse anyway!

I was definitely at a game recently where there was a clash of kits!

R'Albin
19-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Yeah, so we did!

I have no idea what I'm talking about!

Just ignore me, I've had a long day at work!

That's my excuse anyway!

I was definitely at a game recently where there was a clash of kits!

Think it could be Ross County possibly? Unless we played in our away kit then as well, man my memory is bad :greengrin

Bishop Hibee
19-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Yup. I shouted "man on" then realised it was another Hibs player near our man on the ball. I'm sure we'll be back to emerald green next season.

EH6 Hibby
19-01-2013, 08:40 PM
I said it all through the game as well, and it was for the same reason as the op, on more than one occasion it looked like a Hibs player made a pass to what he thought was another Hibs player. I was told it was just the angle we were at (back of the East) glad other people agree with me.

Emerald
19-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Every time we play them its the same. A few years ago they even had white sleeves too. At one point today a Hibe player had the ball and there were shouts of "man on", even though it was a Hibs man on the overlap. How can't the officials not see this and any excuse to wear the away strip when it actually matters shouls be used :confused:

Greendub
19-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Watching it live, i kept thinking we were passing to the wrong players, i could barely tell the difference

mrdependable
19-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Im glad to hear it wasnt just me!

Sir David Gray
19-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Think it could be Ross County possibly? Unless we played in our away kit then as well, man my memory is bad :greengrin

Well I know it wasn't Aberdeen, Celtic, Dundee Utd, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Johnstone or St Mirren.

It might even have been Hearts I'm thinking about.

I don't know, I'm too tired to think at the moment!

Maybe I'm imagining things! :greengrin

EH6 Hibby
19-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Every time we play them its the same. A few years ago they even had white sleeves too. At one point today a Hibe player had the ball and there were shouts of "man on", even though it was a Hibs man on the overlap. How can't the officials not see this and any excuse to wear the away strip when it actually matters shouls be used :confused:

That's what I was saying today about the away strip, we wear it against Celtc when it clashes with theirs as much as our home one does but not today when it's clear we needed it.

GreenCastle
19-01-2013, 09:28 PM
I said it also - kits did clash :agree:

Basics...

lord bunberry
19-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Would it have been possible to change strips at half time if the players had complained about it. I seem to remember man utd doing this a while back

Jones28
19-01-2013, 10:07 PM
I think the new colour clashes with Dundee, Ross county and even hearts

GreenCastle
19-01-2013, 10:12 PM
I think the new colour clashes with Dundee, Ross county and even hearts

:agree:

Diclonius
19-01-2013, 10:15 PM
We weren't conplaining at the last home game against them.

CB_NO3
19-01-2013, 10:35 PM
It was a nice bright day last time. Not making excuses for the performance, we were still poor today.

Pete
20-01-2013, 12:39 AM

I'm sure Dundee were wearing dark blue shorts the last time.

We were both wearing dark socks, white shorts and dark tops with white in them this time. Even a change of socks or shorts by one team might have made a difference at this game or at tynecastle.

nonshinyfinish
20-01-2013, 05:34 AM
It's absurd that Celtc's shan hoops are considered a clash but this isn't. Watching on Alba, there were many occasions where I thought a Dee player was a Hibby or vice versa.

down-the-slope
20-01-2013, 07:29 AM

Bristolhibby
20-01-2013, 09:48 AM
It's absurd that Celtc's shan hoops are considered a clash but this isn't. Watching on Alba, there were many occasions where I thought a Dee player was a Hibby or vice versa.

This.

Always liked what they do in rugby, where the home team changes.

(Away team doesn't have to waste time an effort bringing two sets if strips).

Hibs could have sacked on the white or yellow kits yesterday if like us fans they saw it as a problem.

Worst one I remember was the Scotland v New Zealand game at Murrayfield a few seasons back. Scotland had a all blue kit with heavy doses of white. NZ played in a silver/grey (WTF?) kit with black shorts and socks.

Much confusion from me and others. Also remember a game away at Falkirk (August sometime), when both teams had very similar patterns of kits that looked the same at a glance.

J

brydekirk
20-01-2013, 09:58 AM
I was ill yesterday and did'nt make it to the game. I watched the game on Alba and must agree, there was a clash with the strips.

Makaveli
20-01-2013, 10:09 AM
I honestly didn't notice it from pretty far back in the East yesterday, but it's not the first time this season I've heard people (Hibs fans and opposing fans, inc Hearts twice) complaining about clashes.

I like the dark green. It's up to the ref to spot the clash and the away team to get changed.

Gus Fring
20-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Why is that teams don't use their home kit when at home and their away kit when away and then use the change kit when their is a clash?

Miguel
20-01-2013, 10:17 AM
The current Hibs green is too dark, but last year's was too light. Something in between needed for future use. To me, it should be the same tone as worn by the Tornados -era team.
Mind, when was the last time we and Celtic both played in traditional kits when we play each other, even when - as now - there's no clash. Some refs take it too far (as in 2001 cup final).

ZS DOOM
20-01-2013, 10:25 AM
If there had been a problem they would have changed kits at half time.

It's sad that we're having to resort to excuses like this

hibbysam
20-01-2013, 10:30 AM
The first time I really noticed clashes was the Celtic home game, their black wasn't a million miles from the bottle green which don't forget gets darker and darker as the game goes on!

But yesterday was ridiculous how close the two were to each other

CB_NO3
20-01-2013, 10:31 AM
If there had been a problem they would have changed kits at half time.

It's sad that we're having to resort to excuses like this
Where about on this thread is someone looking for an excuse about the colour clash? Just saying it was a slight issue. It would not have mattered if they were playing in black and we were playing in bright yellow. The performance would have still been poor and below par.