PDA

View Full Version : 33 points

wearethehibs
19-01-2013, 05:42 PM
That was our total from last season. We have just equaled that today. Brilliant progress which is what we all wanted after last season. Well done Paddy GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
19-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Yeah but Terry is doing the business

LioNeilMessi
19-01-2013, 05:45 PM
:top marksThe boo boys need to get their heads out their erse and actually take note of how far we've come!

Bishop Hibee
19-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Long way to go but you can't argue with the facts.

Golden Bear
19-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Marvellous stuff.

Peevemor
19-01-2013, 06:21 PM
Great progress made by Pat, his staff and the squad.

Onward and upward!

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Aye but ( fill in the space ) :agree:

Houchy
20-01-2013, 12:59 PM
...Imagine where we'd be under Butcher :lol::duck:

sesoim
23-01-2013, 09:06 PM
That was our total from last season. We have just equaled that today. Brilliant progress which is what we all wanted after last season. Well done Paddy GGTTH

Brilliant progress? Fair enough we have improved, but frankly, the league is poor, Dundee are in the League instead of Rangers (which should have meant more points) and most of the other teams have much smaller budgets and constantly lose most of their team each season. If Fenlon is doing brilliantly, what about Butcher, McCall and so on with the budgets they have (which are tiny compared to Fenlon's)?

I think Fenlon has been average at best, and if our bad run (9 points out of 30) continues, we'll be in the bottom half of the table pretty soon (and out of the other Cup too). It''s be interesting to see how many fans will be applauding our "brilliant" progress then.

Saorsa
23-01-2013, 09:08 PM
That was our total from last season. We have just equaled that today. Brilliant progress which is what we all wanted after last season. Well done Paddy GGTTHNo good enough for some though, anybody ken what Terry butcher is doin' these days?

SaulGoodman
23-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Brilliant progress? Fair enough we have improved, but frankly, the league is poor, Dundee are in the League instead of Rangers (which should have meant more points) and most of the other teams have much smaller budgets and constantly lose most of their team each season. If Fenlon is doing brilliantly, what about Butcher, McCall and so on with the budgets they have (which are tiny compared to Fenlon's)?

I think Fenlon has been average at best, and if our bad run (9 points out of 30) continues, we'll be in the bottom half of the table pretty soon (and out of the other Cup too). It''s be interesting to see how many fans will be applauding our "brilliant" progress then.

Imagine fans applauding progress instead of being miserable barstewards like you all the time, how dare they :agree:

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2013, 09:49 PM
I wish we only had 12 or 13 points, then i could be miserable too? :rolleyes:

wearethehibs
23-01-2013, 10:43 PM

Seriously?
I think the fact we are in January and we have the same points as we did at the end of a full season last year is brilliant progress.

Some people are just miserable as **** on here.

Jones28
23-01-2013, 11:14 PM

Jesus Christ, thank god we aren't all like you or we wouldn't bother going to Easter road.

How is equaling our total points tally from last season not brilliant progress? It's January ffs, 4 months of football left to play, plenty more points there to be earned. A winter slump was inevitable and we are up the top despite it. Everyone's tip for second place (Dundee utd) have been in the bottom half of the table for most of the season, because everyone has a poor run of results at some point. 9 points out of 30 perhaps, but beating Celtic and drawing with hearts are decent results in amongst that, plus a good point in Perth and against Motherwell.

And your argument about Dundee is crap. So what if rangers aren't in the league? We manage well enough against them anyway. And Dundee were always going to be a stern test. This season the playing field is much more even, which is why some teams slump while others peak.

Terry butcher and Stuart McCall both have had time on their side to build decent sides at their respective clubs. For god sake, give fenlon the same amount of time as terry butcher has had and then, then you can compare - whilst bearing in mind butcher has had ict relegated.

Spike Mandela
24-01-2013, 01:48 AM

Great, good stuff, brilliant. Nae point going the rest of the season then:wink:

rcarter1
24-01-2013, 06:08 AM
As long as we are work in progress and hearts are work in reverse, Im happy..

jimmythefish
24-01-2013, 06:54 AM
victories against celtic & hearts at the san siro , 2 or so wins at home all o last season, progress in my book :thumbsup:

hibs4thecup1988
24-01-2013, 06:57 AM
I get where the negative vibes come from. We have got 4 points out of 9 from Dundee losing at home to motherwell and ross county. I mean 4 points out of 15 against the two new clubs? REALLY!?

We should be doing much better in a really poor league. I would love to see the budgets each team have this year. I should think we are maybe 3rd?

HOWEVER...I agree we have been a lot better than last year, but to be fair that wouldn't have been too hard. Only half way through though. Let's see the story come May.

lord bunberry
24-01-2013, 04:22 PM
I get where the negative vibes come from. We have got 4 points out of 9 from Dundee losing at home to motherwell and ross county. I mean 4 points out of 15 against the two new clubs? REALLY!?

We should be doing much better in a really poor league. I would love to see the budgets each team have this year. I should think we are maybe 3rd?

HOWEVER...I agree we have been a lot better than last year, but to be fair that wouldn't have been too hard. Only half way through though. Let's see the story come May.

You say it wouldn't have been hard to be better than last season but I remember saying that at the start of last season and we were worse.