PDA

View Full Version : Pass Marks?

Badabing
19-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Wiilliams, Claros(excellent) and Wotherspoon(possibly). The rest were certainly nothing to write home about especially McPake.

SaulGoodman
19-01-2013, 05:13 PM
McGivern had a few good runs

woody47
19-01-2013, 05:28 PM
For me only Williams and Deegan in both halves. 2nd half Spoony came on a bit, Claros (but his passing at times was woeful), McGivern in bits, Stevenson but thats it.
We played as if we were still hungover from a week long sesh. Our captain, who should have been leading from the front was terrible. Don't think he won a header the whole game and I wont even comment on his distribution.
Only get better :)

O'Rourke3
19-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Claros, Deegan and Williams top marks. Everyone else tried hard but we lacked a bit of composure. We didn't play that badly but the slow start gave them too much belief.

GreenCastle
19-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Pass marks -

Williams - 3 important saves - (goal looked a little bit weak)

McGivern - wanted to get forward - often beat a player out wide and caused problems.

Claros - 2nd half

Deegan - Solid throughout

Average performance -
Doyle - worked hard and did have a very good chance 1st half to make it 1v1.

LG - took goal well - and did better 2nd half - poor 1st half

Wotherspoon - like McGivern sometimes beat a player and caused problems

Clancy - didn't create much and goal came from that side.

Stevenson - worked hard but didn't create much - few nice bits of link up with McGivern but considering he was left midfield - McGivern who was playing behind him looked more dangerous.

Poor today -

Hanlon and McPake

McPake I think has been poor this season - looks so causal and relaxed and rarely moves once he gives a pass. As captain I want him to show the quality / passion and attitude he showed last season - is he fully fit ?

No coincidence when McPake plays badly Hanlon suffers also.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Deegan done ok. Tried to keep things moving in midfield although wasn't always successful.

Think Williams will be disappointed with the goal but made a few crucial stops after that.

Claros done ok second half. Thought McGivern was ok. Spoony was ok but really needs to be more direct, why he insists on cutting inside every time is beyond me, it must be so easy to defend against.

Thought McPake was poor, like bambi on ice at times, Stevenson didn't really grab his chance. Clancy was poor by his standards.

hibee_girl
19-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Williams made some good saves, Claros once again was the best midfielder, Stevenson and McGivern worked well together and Stevenson's touch for Doyle's (weak) shot in the first half was excellent. Griffiths scored a great goal.

Spoony tried but it wasn't great from him today and I thought Deegan was awful. Doyle played well until it came to getting a shot on target :rolleyes:

#FromTheCapital
19-01-2013, 05:49 PM
McGivern was a stand out today, wondering if he would be better as a midfielder because he looks great going forward. Reminds me of Steven Whittaker

HibeeN
19-01-2013, 05:51 PM
I actually thought Lewis did well enough today - great pass for Doyle in the first half and managed to get a few decent balls in the box as well, was just frustrating that nothing came of them. I don't think his performance was any worse than Cairney's last couple of games actually, where he seems to have gone off the boil a bit. Of course I'd still prefer to have Cairney there as I think he's our best midfielder and (when on form) can be very dangerous, but Lewis still came in when he had to and did a decent enough job. Also allowed McGivern to get forward a lot more too which might have been encouraging if we could actually finish and attacking move instead of taking too long and going backwards or losing possession.

Never going to be first name on the team sheet but you always know you're going to get a decent, committed performance.

Bishop Hibee
19-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Deegan best for us with Williams and McGivern just behind although I thought Williams might have done better for the goal.

McPake and Hanlon shakey. My patience with Hanlon is running out. Clancy offers little going forward which leaves Spoony with too much to do.

Lot of rebuilding for Fenlon still to do.

GreenCastle
19-01-2013, 05:59 PM
We certainly seemed to create chances down the left today - McGivern and Stevenson did link up pretty well. I think Cairney just offers more quality in final 3rd and is a better scoring threat.

hibee_girl
19-01-2013, 06:07 PM
I actually thought Lewis did well enough today - great pass for Doyle in the first half and managed to get a few decent balls in the box as well, was just frustrating that nothing came of them. I don't think his performance was any worse than Cairney's last couple of games actually, where he seems to have gone off the boil a bit. Of course I'd still prefer to have Cairney there as I think he's our best midfielder and (when on form) can be very dangerous, but Lewis still came in when he had to and did a decent enough job. Also allowed McGivern to get forward a lot more too which might have been encouraging if we could actually finish and attacking move instead of taking too long and going backwards or losing possession.

Never going to be first name on the team sheet but you always know you're going to get a decent, committed performance.

:agree:

lucky
19-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Williams get pass marks the rest were poor

glenn6270
19-01-2013, 06:12 PM
i thought big nishy was excellent today

Badabing
19-01-2013, 06:22 PM
i thought big nishy was excellent today

He certainly stayed onside more than he did in the cabbage. I only counted 3.

jdships
19-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Only saw the game on BBC Alba but thought it was a starnge game to assess
For me it confirmed one thing in that McPake is overated
He is like the 'curates egg ' - good in parts
Does an awful lot of ' supposed organising ' but makes to many wrong decisions , personally , to make me feel confident about his future future.
This now appears to affect Hanlon
Great to see Lewis put in another workmanlike shift :thumbsup:

Two points dropped i'm afraid

:rolleyes:

clerriehibs
19-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Pass marks?

Williams
McGivern - just
Sparky - never fault him for effort
Stevenson - put in a shift after an obvious sair yin

hibsbollah
19-01-2013, 06:29 PM
I thought we were much improved second half, and I'm surprised at some of the comments on here. In particular, I thought Clancy, Stevenson and Wotherspoon played well, and Deegan and Claros were poor in the middle, although they both improved after a shocking first 45. That seems to be at odds with some other comments.

Brightside
19-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Left side good, right side pish. If Mcpake is so scared of his lack of pace we are never going to be strong in defence again. All through the game he was telling the back 4 to come back more rather than push out. its basic stuff and needs to change asap.

Seveno
19-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I don't like to criticise McPake but what was wrong with him today ? He was just awful and I would ave replaced him at half time. I think it really affected the while team from the start.

leithsansiro
19-01-2013, 07:10 PM
I don't like to criticise McPake but what was wrong with him today ? He was just awful and I would ave replaced him at half time. I think it really affected the while team from the start.

I think that the problem with McPake is that, generally speaking, is positioning and reading of the game is fairly poor, which means that inevitably has to come up with last-ditch type tackles, many of which are caused by him being a yard or two out of place. Last season when nobody else looked like they were trying, his bravery and determination made him a stand out. This year, when we've pushed on quite a bit as a team, he's been found lacking.

booshsutton
19-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Sad fact, but when our keeper was our best player against the worst team in the league then it was a bad day at the Office. Big Ben was excellent today, but could have done better with the goal.

McGirven and Stevenson both did well down the left, thought Lewis was our best player first half with some good passing.

Deegan and Spoony (excellent pass in the 2nd half) did alright in midfield. Clancy wasn't bad, but needs to overlap the wide midfielder playing infront of him alot more.

LG worked hard upfront and took his goal well.

Both centre halfs were poor today, I would have taken Hanlon of at HT, put McGirven in at centre half, Lewis to left back, Doyle to LM and put on Caldwell upfront.

Doyle had alot of poor touches/passes today but his movement was good. Should have done better with a couple of attempts, especially the one from Stevenon's knock down in the first half.

Claros for me was awful today, made some good blocks and covering, but passing was horrible, gave the ball away time after time.

We were crying out for someone who could play a killer pass, the amount of times we had men free in the wide areas and nobody picked them out was shocking. Oh for a Sauzee type who could switch the play :thumbsup:

JollyGreenGiant
19-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Deegan was Hibs best player today, Williams was good again, Claros played well and McGivern was ok.

But the rest were poor, thought McPake had one of his worst games for us, Lewis offers nothing going forward and Spoony only started playing in the last half hour.

Doyle and Griffiths were quiet, but no service from midfield, felt that we badly missed Cairney today.

3pm
19-01-2013, 07:19 PM
I actually thought Hanlon was OK but it appears I am in a minority of 1. That's OK as opposed to playing well.

The only one who can genuinely said they played well was Williams. Some OK moments from some but that's not enough to win games.

All in all, pish.

Badabing
19-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Claros didn't give the ball away much more than the rest of the midfield and certainly won twice the amount of ball than anyone else in there.

LaMotta
19-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Deegan was Hibs best player today, Williams was good again, Claros played well and McGivern was ok.

But the rest were poor, thought McPake had one of his worst games for us, Lewis offers nothing going forward and Spoony only started playing in the last half hour.

Doyle and Griffiths were quiet, but no service from midfield, felt that we badly missed Cairney today.

Deegan was murder in the first half. Continually gave the ball away. His second half was better but if he is getting pass marks for todays performance then we are in trouble.

LaMotta
19-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Claros didn't give the ball away much more than the rest of the midfield and certainly won twice the amount of ball than anyone else in there.

Agree..best midfielder by a mile.

jdships
19-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Left side good, right side pish. If Mcpake is so scared of his lack of pace we are never going to be strong in defence again. All through the game he was telling the back 4 to come back more rather than push out. its basic stuff and needs to change asap.

:top marks

jdships
19-01-2013, 08:33 PM
I think that the problem with McPake is that, generally speaking, is positioning and reading of the game is fairly poor, which means that inevitably has to come up with last-ditch type tackles, many of which are caused by him being a yard or two out of place. Last season when nobody else looked like they were trying, his bravery and determination made him a stand out. This year, when we've pushed on quite a bit as a team, he's been found lacking.

That sums up McPake for me ! :thumbsup:
Lack of any pace puts strain on those around him with the main sufferer IMO bein Hanlon

Jonnyboy
19-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Interesting the prais McGivern is getting for being a threat going forward. Of course that was made a whole lot easier for him by the wotrk of Stevenson covering back. Also, to the poster who said LS didn't create much I'd argue he created the best chance of the game but Doyle's shot was very poor.

Deegan for me had a poor first half but improved in the second. Williams saved our bacon and both centre halfs were made to look poor by big Nishy - who would ever have thought that? :wink:

gegs70
19-01-2013, 08:38 PM
I saw the 2nd half on bbc alba and simple passing looked beyond hibs at stages. Wotherspoon layed thr ball off to someone and movef forward a cple of yards only for the following pass to be poor spoony looked frustrated!!!

I dont think we will pay cash for claros who is only just at very best slightly abve average. I dont quite think Taiwo is that great, Deegan looks good in most games. Where do we go from here...we need more oace in midfld and some more direct football, also can we get a big striker like brewster or killin for God sake....and get rid of kuqi....

gegs70
19-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Sorry that turnef into a bit of a rant...

truehibernian
19-01-2013, 08:43 PM

Pat was continually trying to get them to push out and also to move the ball quicker rather than take a touch/touches and lose impetous - he was raging at Paul Hanlon a couple of times for aimless punts from deep rather than play quick, simple balls along the backline. Wasn't happy with Doyle either as he was always too quick to get rid rather than turn on the ball a few times.

I didn't see JMc asking them to drop deeper ? If anything second half McGivern and Clancy were given licence to get forward as often as possible leaving PH and JM back to defend. JM came off looking a bit jaded to be honest - perhaps a wee niggle, who knows. He was however very poor from the off, particularly his distribution. He knew it too as he had a wee go at a fan in the FF in frustration (first half).

Was it big Nishy that Ben pulled off a great stop from second half when he had 'danced' into the box unchallenged, or was it cleared off the line by Hanlon ? I couldn't quite see......thought it was a top save but may have been mistaken ?

Jonnyboy
19-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Pat was continually trying to get them to push out and also to move the ball quicker rather than take a touch/touches and lose impetous - he was raging at Paul Hanlon a couple of times for aimless punts from deep rather than play quick, simple balls along the backline. Wasn't happy with Doyle either as he was always too quick to get rid rather than turn on the ball a few times.

I didn't see JMc asking them to drop deeper ? If anything second half McGivern and Clancy were given licence to get forward as often as possible leaving PH and JM back to defend. JM came off looking a bit jaded to be honest - perhaps a wee niggle, who knows. He was however very poor from the off, particularly his distribution. He knew it too as he had a wee go at a fan in the FF in frustration (first half).

Was it big Nishy that Ben pulled off a great stop from second half when he had 'danced' into the box unchallenged, or was it cleared off the line by Hanlon ? I couldn't quite see......thought it was a top save but may have been mistaken ?

Yep

truehibernian
19-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Yep

Thought so JB....great save by Ben in that case. Thought Nish did well today to be honest.....bullied Paul Hanlon all game and won his battles. Fair play to the big man......albeit he tripped over a cable as he ran onto the pitch whilst warming up.......it never leaves ya eh :greengrin

Squealing pig
19-01-2013, 08:59 PM
McGivern was a stand out today, wondering if he would be better as a midfielder because he looks great going forward. Reminds me of Steven Whittaker

Are you Craig levein in disguise defenders in mf, disgusting.

gegs70
19-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Does our midfld make too many sideway passes than forward passes? Or are we too slow inpicking out passes? or are players too static off the balk?

Broken Gnome
19-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Does our midfld make too many sideway passes than forward passes? Or are we too slow inpicking out passes? or are players too static off the balk?

All of this.

Deegan sums it all up really. He's the one that wants on the ball the most but rarely looks up to spread the play or look for a incisive pass. As it turns out, if he did he'd find bugger all on.

gegs70
19-01-2013, 09:31 PM
All of this.

Deegan sums it all up really. He's the one that wants on the ball the most but rarely looks up to spread the play or look for a incisive pass. As it turns out, if he did he'd find bugger all on.

Its odd but thats the way weve looked for a few seasons disconnected and individuals playing together rather than a team!!

MWHIBBIES
19-01-2013, 09:34 PM
That sums up McPake for me ! :thumbsup:
Lack of any pace puts strain on those around him with the main sufferer IMO bein HanlonMcPake doesn't lack pace at all.

GreenCastle
19-01-2013, 09:41 PM

:agree:

It's slightly worrying and hopefully Fenlon can address it - being club captain he needs to be told and improve his performances again to the level they were.

There was a prime example today of him giving the ball away then shortly making a sliding tackle to which the fans applaud - the issue is he should never have given the ball away and make himself cover for his own mistake.

I actually thought when McGivern played CH we played higher up the pitch - meaning less gap between back 4 / midfield / strikers. I do like McGivern as attacking left back / midfield though.

Hibby Bairn
19-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Passmarks? You must be having a ******g laugh. We were absolutely shocking today. Only one that comes out with anything near passmarks is Williams who stopped us taking a doing. McGivern and Stevenson also put in a shift but we need more than hard work.

Doyle...not good enough and never has been. I like my strikers to have lots of goals and lots of strikes at goal. Doyle fails on both counts. Powder puff. Of the carthorse variety I am afraid. Thank goodness for Griffiths. But they aren't helped by virtually no support from the rest of the team who are so slow at reacting to a potential attacking position.

Any chance we might get a goal at some point from Claros, Deegan or Taiwo? Maybe even a shot on target?

Any possibility of having any more than one or two in the opponents box at any point? Maybe give us a chance to score a few more goals?

Any possibility of us getting a header on target from 8 corners and several free kicks?

Any chance of our central midfield actually supporting our wider players and our forwards? Maybe create some triangles and 2v1 situations?

4 points from 15 against Ross County and Dundee. Pathetic.

I won't even start on McPake today who I think should have been hooked at half time.

Hate to say it but whilst we have become harder to beat we are now a very, very boring team to watch.

gegs70
19-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Passmarks? You must be having a ******g laugh. We were absolutely shocking today. Only one that comes out with anything near passmarks is Williams who stopped us taking a doing. McGivern and Stevenson also put in a shift but we need more than hard work.

Doyle...not good enough and never has been. I like my strikers to have lots of goals and lots of strikes at goal. Doyle fails on both counts. Powder puff. Of the carthorse variety I am afraid. Thank goodness for Griffiths. But they aren't helped by virtually no support from the rest of the team who are so slow at reacting to a potential attacking position.

Any chance we might get a goal at some point from Claros, Deegan or Taiwo? Maybe even a shot on target?

Any possibility of having any more than one or two in the opponents box at any point? Maybe give us a chance to score a few more goals?

Any possibility of us getting a header on target from 8 corners and several free kicks?

Any chance of our central midfield actually supporting our wider players and our forwards? Maybe create some triangles and 2v1 situations?

4 points from 16 against Ross County and Dundee. Pathetic.

I won't even start on McPake today who I think should have been hooked at half time.

Hate to say it but whilst we have become harder to beat we are now a very, very boring team to watch.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head.....

It aint exciting its occasionally creates a slight heartbeat but otherwise not enough to keep me awake!!What happened to the "exciting brand of fitba" we exchanged it for we "may win sometime, but we wont be beaten often...maybe". ?????

GreenCastle
19-01-2013, 09:56 PM

I actually thought you were being over the top with your opening paragraph - but as you go on you do make several valid points :agree:

We all agree hard work should be the minimum this new team with bottle puts in.

I do think Doyle has improved since he first came to the club - at first I thought he was lightweight and wouldn't do well at the club - I do think he works very hard every game for the team and has covered more ground so far this season than GOC covered all last season - defending from the front. He does still need to improve on several parts of his game but you hit the nail on the head about service and midfield support - not much of it...so would stick with him. (Especially with the lack of competition he has from the bench).

We are much harder to beat and maybe we aren't freely flowing like a Mowbray team yet but at times we do move the ball around quite well. We don't always play out from the back - mainly due to McPake being not fully comfortable on the ball. We also tend to make too many backwards touches / passes - a simple forward / positive 1st touch would create more opportunities going forward.

gegs70
19-01-2013, 10:03 PM
I actually thought you were being over the top with your opening paragraph - but as you go on you do make several valid points :agree:

We all agree hard work should be the minimum this new team with bottle puts in.

I do think Doyle has improved since he first came to the club - at first I thought he was lightweight and wouldn't do well at the club - I do think he works very hard every game for the team and has covered more ground so far this season than GOC covered all last season - defending from the front. He does still need to improve on several parts of his game but you hit the nail on the head about service and midfield support - not much of it...so would stick with him. (Especially with the lack of competition he has from the bench).

We are much harder to beat and maybe we aren't freely flowing like a Mowbray team yet but at times we do move the ball around quite well. We don't always play out from the back - mainly due to McPake being not fully comfortable on the ball. We also tend to make too many backwards touches / passes - a simple forward / positive 1st touch would create more opportunities going forward.

Maybe the problem is a lack of options up front Doyle or ......Kuqi or one of the youngsters...Doyle appears to be best option everytime!!!

NAE NOOKIE
19-01-2013, 10:05 PM

Exactly ..... a midfield 3 who get a nosebleed anywhere in the last 3rd and some terrible performances against teams we just have to be able to beat.

Dinkydoo
19-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Williams - aside from the goal, solid, dependable.

Clancy - didn't do too much wrong, pass.

McPake - poor, not a a captain's performance, we need him to be better than that.

Hanlon - not that busy, better than McPake.

McGivern - better at attacking than defending, created a few good chances and showed some skill.

Wotherspoon - better in the 2nd half, showed a lovely piece of skill to spin round a defender and looked positive every time he got on the ball.

Claros - passing was a bit off but his commitment was never in doubt. Loved it in the second half where he was fouled on the right of his defence, wasn't awarded the foul, but still managed to make up ground and retrieve he ball from the Dundee attacker.

Deegan - pass, just. Lost possession a few times but linked well with Stevenson at times.

Stevenson - quiet, didn't grab his chance today but was neat when in possession.

Doyle - wasted a few chances today, he's better than that but his finishing confirms what I've thought for a while, he's not a natural goal scorer.

Griffiths - good goal, one of the few players with a bit of urgency about his play, poor in the first half but so was everyone.

GreenCastle
19-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Exactly ..... a midfield 3 who get a nosebleed anywhere in the last 3rd and some terrible performances against teams we just have to be able to beat.

I actually do think they are all pretty good holding midfielders - if we were allowed 12 players on the pitch and could have Claros / Deegan and an attacking midfielder we would be very good.

Unless we change formation or get a very mobile CM with a goalscoring threat we are going to always struggle with goals from the middle. Claros actually seems to have a decent shot but rarely shoots in a game.

I think Fenlon goes with both of them to provide more cover for the back 4 - Maybe he could change the line up to 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-3-2 or is that over complicating it for a team who are trying to get back to basics of being more difficult to break down?

LaMotta
19-01-2013, 10:28 PM
I actually do think they are all pretty good holding midfielders - if we were allowed 12 players on the pitch and could have Claros / Deegan and an attacking midfielder we would be very good.

Unless we change formation or get a very mobile CM with a goalscoring threat we are going to always struggle with goals from the middle. Claros actually seems to have a decent shot but rarely shoots in a game.

I think Fenlon goes with both of them to provide more cover for the back 4 - Maybe he could change the line up to 4-2-3-1 or 4-1-3-2 or is that over complicating it for a team who are trying to get back to basics of being more difficult to break down?

Claros had a shot today which doubled the amount of shots he's had in his entire Hibs career.

Deegan nearly had a shot against Celtic but stubbed his toe instead.

GreenCastle
19-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Claros had a shot today which doubled the amount of shots he's had in his entire Hibs career.

I was going to say it was only his 2nd ever shot but wasn't sure :greengrin

The shot today was one of our few chances today and wasn't the worst effort - it is a worry the lack of goals from the middle.

LaMotta
19-01-2013, 10:36 PM
I was going to say it was only his 2nd ever shot but wasn't sure :greengrin

The shot today was one of our few chances today and wasn't the worst effort - it is a worry the lack of goals from the middle.

Doyles banana shot that went out for a shy was surely the worst!

Badabing
19-01-2013, 10:38 PM

Claros is not employed to score goals. By and large he did his job today. What is obvious that his missing under Fenlons reign is a creative midfielder. I like Cairney but he aint Xavi.

Vault Boy
19-01-2013, 10:41 PM
I feel that I may be alone in saying this but I thought a lot of our play was decent today. We lacked cutting edge, massively, but for large portions of the game we kept possession and found ourselves in good positions because of the general willingness to play simple passes (barring some cases). I feel the main problem today can be identified with the lack of clear chances created and the lack of decent chances converted. As well as the more obvious defensive mistakes. We missed Cairney today, his direct dribbling style and ability to pick a more cutting pass was required, but I still feel that in spells our football was decent, at times good. A poor result today definitely and we can't afford to drop too many more points like these, but my final point is this. It's still progress, we showed a footballing philosophy today that was to keep the ball on the floor and to play patient short passes. I feel that this is the right direction to go to find an entertaining and eye pleasing form of football, we just aren't there yet. If Fenlon is trying to show us tidy, passing and flowing football, it's going to take a bit of doing before it comes into full fruition, but I'm pleased that he wants football to be played this way.

I feel that Claros is exactly the sort of player that can keep a passing team in full flow, showed this at times today. I'd love for him to stay on.

That was a bit longer than I thought it'd be. :greengrin

P.S. I'm not saying anyone is wrong in criticizing the team today, it can be justified completely, I just saw it in a different light. :aok:

LaMotta
19-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Claros is not employed to score goals. By and large he did his job today. What is obvious that his missing under Fenlons reign is a creative midfielder. I like Cairney but he aint Xavi.

I thought claros was our best outfield player today. But if a central midfielder has only two shots in a year something isnt right.

Badabing
19-01-2013, 10:52 PM
I thought claros was our best outfield player today. But if a central midfielder has only two shots in a year something isnt right.

Every team needs a a fetcher and carrier like Kevin Thompson. Our problem is we've got 4 of them!

GreenCastle
19-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Claros is probably the most comfortable on the ball in the whole team - but his strengths are breaking up play and starting attacks.

What we need is someone to finish setting up those attacks and it's a wild should but you either play Claros and Deegan and change the formation to accommodate an attacking midfielder or drop Deegan and stick to same formation bringing in an attacking midfield.

Deegan adds a bit of bite in there something we have been crying out for.

So basically we have an improvement of Liam Miller but are stuck with two Matty Jacks and no Latapy or Zemmama :greengrin

Vault Boy
19-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Every team needs a a fetcher and carrier like Kevin Thompson. Our problem is we've got 4 of them!

:agree: In my opinion, they are all good at their roles and add something slightly different as individuals, but there needs to be some variety there. That's where Craig may be shown to be a good signing when he comes in. Whether it's him on the left and Cairney through the middle or vice versa, the attacking element is there. We could do with him now though!

Booked4Being-Ugly
19-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Williams and Claros for his 2nd half performance are the only ones really to get pass marks.

The 1st half was some of the worst football I've ever witnessed at ER, absolutely brutal!!

GreenCastle
19-01-2013, 11:09 PM
:agree: In my opinion, they are all good at their roles and add something slightly different as individuals, but there needs to be some variety there. That's where Craig may be shown to be a good signing when he comes in. Whether it's him on the left and Cairney through the middle or vice versa, the attacking element is there. We could do with him now though!

Could maybe see us playing this next season - assuming all 3 loans stay which probably won't happen!

Williams
Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern
Claros Deegan
Cairney
Wotherspoon Craig
LG

hibs4thecup1988
20-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Williams and Claros for his 2nd half performance are the only ones really to get pass marks.

The 1st half was some of the worst football I've ever witnessed at ER, absolutely brutal!!

Where you not there on boxing day again Ross county?

Booked4Being-Ugly
20-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Where you not there on boxing day again Ross county?Due to family commitments I wasn't but would find it impossible to believe that we were worse than yesterday!

Fergus52
20-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Pass marks -

Williams - 3 important saves - (goal looked a little bit weak)

McGivern - wanted to get forward - often beat a player out wide and caused problems.

Claros - 2nd half

Deegan - Solid throughout

Average performance -
Doyle - worked hard and did have a very good chance 1st half to make it 1v1.

LG - took goal well - and did better 2nd half - poor 1st half

Wotherspoon - like McGivern sometimes beat a player and caused problems

Clancy - didn't create much and goal came from that side.

Stevenson - worked hard but didn't create much - few nice bits of link up with McGivern but considering he was left midfield - McGivern who was playing behind him looked more dangerous.

Poor today -

Hanlon and McPake

McPake I think has been poor this season - looks so causal and relaxed and rarely moves once he gives a pass. As captain I want him to show the quality / passion and attitude he showed last season - is he fully fit ?

No coincidence when McPake plays badly Hanlon suffers also.

Pretty much agree with this!

hibs4thecup1988
20-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Due to family commitments I wasn't but would find it impossible to believe that we were worse than yesterday!

Erm possibly best to start believing haha. At least we had a shot yesterday!!

Tyler Durden
20-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Other than the keeper I'd struggle to give anyone pass marks although I think it's harsh to criticise the front 2 when they're so starved of service.

In particular though I'm surprised that anyone is giving Deegan pass marks. For me he's getting worse every game and is a major factor in the lack of urgency in the play. I liked his dig and attitude when he arrived but since his return from injury he is continually slowing the play down, takes far too many touches and very rarely makes a run into space. Basically the new Kevin McBride.

Of course this could be Fenlons instruction, but when we have Claros there, we don't need another holding midfielder in this type of game.

Playing Stevenson wide left is also testament to Fenlons overly cautious approach and is frankly a joke at home to the side bottom of the table. We didn't look like we were tactically set up or hugely motivated for the win and that's how it played out.

One Day
20-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Due to family commitments I wasn't but would find it impossible to believe that we were worse than yesterday!

We were

hfc rd
20-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Williams and McGivern were different class yesterday. Deegan was solid.

Liams
20-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Feel young dannny gave a bit pace and flare when he came on, maybe deserves a 15-20 mins at the end of a game next time, not just 8..

Hibby 2005
20-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Other than the keeper I'd struggle to give anyone pass marks although I think it's harsh to criticise the front 2 when they're so starved of service.

In particular though I'm surprised that anyone is giving Deegan pass marks. For me he's getting worse every game and is a major factor in the lack of urgency in the play. I liked his dig and attitude when he arrived but since his return from injury he is continually slowing the play down, takes far too many touches and very rarely makes a run into space. Basically the new Kevin McBride.

Of course this could be Fenlons instruction, but when we have Claros there, we don't need another holding midfielder in this type of game.

Playing Stevenson wide left is also testament to Fenlons overly cautious approach and is frankly a joke at home to the side bottom of the table. We didn't look like we were tactically set up or hugely motivated for the win and that's how it played out.

Agree with most of this.

Fenlon's midfield line-up yesterday smacked of the worst days under Alex Miller. We were playing bottom club Dundee at home yet had Deegan, Claros, Stevenson, all fairly slow and predictable, and then Wotherspoon who lately has looked scared of hitting the byeline as he constantly looks for the security of going inside his man only to join up with an already conjested midfield.

With Cairney out and us playing at home against the relegation favourites you'd have thought Pat might have been a bit braver.

Devine
20-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Agree with most of this.

Fenlon's midfield line-up yesterday smacked of the worst days under Alex Miller. We were playing bottom club Dundee at home yet had Deegan, Claros, Stevenson, all fairly slow and predictable, and then Wotherspoon who lately has looked scared of hitting the byeline as he constantly looks for the security of going inside his man only to join up with an already conjested midfield.

With Cairney out and us playing at home against the relegation favourites you'd have thought Pat might have been a bit braver.

10 minutes to go against the team bottom of the league & PF brings on Taiwo for Deegan with Kuqi (granted he's bobbins but why is he even on the bench if there's no chance for him o come on) sitting there is an absolute joke. We are way too negative and that philosophy is coming direct from the manager and the way he sets up his team. Not good enough

Green Fish
20-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Clancy and McGivern were the only players that looked assured on the ball yesterday. You can't fault Lewis for committment and he looked much better at left back but i fear he simply isn't good enough - McPake had a howler, IMO he should be dropped and McGivern should move into centre and Lewis back to LB. We didn't have a player that would take a man on and skin him.

We always seem to leak goals but I feel the real problems lie in MF, we are desperate for some creativity, we are so dull, predictable and uninventive. We should only play one holding MF, Deegan was brutal but to br fair he is usually better.

With a bit of flair and service from MF i'm sure Doyle and LG will bang them in.

Speedway
20-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Pass marks to Dundee's physio. Looked quite tidy.

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Listened on HI yesterday, it gave me skid marks. :greengrin

jamieross
20-01-2013, 07:14 PM

Thought this myself when i seen her on Alba :agree:

truehibernian
20-01-2013, 07:17 PM

From a distance speeders but flatters to deceive :agree::greengrin