PDA

View Full Version : not enough headers won today

hibby72
19-01-2013, 04:47 PM
why cant or dont we jump for headers.the amount of headed challenges not won from us was shocking......:confused: get kuqi on to win the punted balls

Heisenberg
19-01-2013, 05:16 PM
why cant or dont we jump for headers.the amount of headed challenges not won from us was shocking......:confused: get kuqi on to win the punted balls

Nish won the majority of his headers too, which as we all know is a rarity.

lucky
19-01-2013, 05:23 PM
Nish got the better of Hanlon and McPake today. In fact it was McPake's worse performance since he came to Hibs

truehibernian
19-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Nish got the better of Hanlon and McPake today. In fact it was McPake's worse performance since he came to Hibs

I'd agree with that. Thought James never ever got with the pace of the game today and his passing was unusually lax and careless.

For me the midfield got it all wrong today though and didn't press high enough or get forward enough - it was ponderous side to side football giving Dundee an age to regroup and get into a shape. Far too often Doyle and Leigh had their backs to goal and having to hold up if possible until support arrived, which invariably was too deep and not higher up the pitch. Not one central midfielder drove into the half allowing Leigh and Doyle to run into the spaces.

Far too telegraphed football today - Dundee knew Hibs were slowly trying to work the ball down each flank and were given too much time to mark and track back. Hibs lacked pace and urgency all over the pitch. One thing you can't question is the workrate though as they persisted for the whole 93 minutes.

A blind man could see however what Hibs lack - pace, width and drive.

Williams and McGivern share the match ball for me today though - Lewis put in a shift and Leigh's finish was class. Don't like these winter breaks or international breaks - Hibs always seem to be lethargic after them for some reason which would infuriate me if I were the manager.

Also didn't realise until second half - Dundee aren't half a big side. Their central midfielder towered above Deegan and they had a bit of height at set pieces. Poor side though and we should be beating them at home with ease.

gegs70
19-01-2013, 06:53 PM
I t wzs interesting to see that sproule did well today. Maybe we still need to look at our central midfld as something still diesnt look right, lacking a goalscorer and pace....all this time and still nit sorted!!!

JollyGreenGiant
19-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Have to agree, after seasons of watching 'big' Nishy win nothing in the air in a Hibs strip, he comes to Easter Rd with Dundee and we make him look like a great target man!

JimBHibees
19-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Thought Hanlon in particular let Nish bully him physically which is really an indictment to be honest.

neil7908
20-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Have to agree, after seasons of watching 'big' Nishy win nothing in the air in a Hibs strip, he comes to Easter Rd with Dundee and we make him look like a great target man!

How often do we see that though? Its not just Hibs problem as ex-players always come back to haunt the teams they left but we seem to get it tight a bit more than anyone else.

What money on Ivan scoring the winner against us the next time we meet Ross County?