PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Ivan

hibsbollah
19-01-2013, 11:14 AM
:aok:

Should get a start at the buddies i would have thought? Their other right winger who pulled his hamstring against us is still out.

HibeeN
19-01-2013, 11:22 AM
:thumbsup:All the best to him.

And good luck to Ian Murray and Dumbarton, who could move off the bottom of the First Division if they beat Airdrie today :agree:

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2013, 01:02 PM
He's doing well so far, looks a different player for County, he's actually being boo'd ? :devil:

Golden Bear
19-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Ivan is showing up well in the early stages of their match v St mirren. It's good to see that he's getting himself forward into some good attacking positions.

DarrenSQH
19-01-2013, 01:04 PM
He's doing well so far, looks a different player for County, he's actually being boo'd ? :devil:

He got their full back booked. Crowd think he went down easy.

hibee
19-01-2013, 01:05 PM
He appears to have found his pace to go down the wing again, hope he does well.

Golden Bear
19-01-2013, 01:08 PM
He appears to have found his pace to go down the wing again, hope he does well.

:agree:

It's all about how the Manager wants to deploy him.

lord bunberry
19-01-2013, 01:09 PM
1-0 to ross county great goal as well

HH81
19-01-2013, 01:10 PM

Yes belting free kick.

Jim44
19-01-2013, 01:11 PM

The keeper's positioning was abysmal.

HH81
19-01-2013, 01:12 PM
The keeper's positioning was abysmal.

I don't think he would have saved it anyway.

Jack Hackett
19-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Much as I want Ivan to get off to a good start with his new club, I'd be happier if St Mirren won this one and dropped hertz down to 10th :greengrin

Sylar
19-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Nice to see him wearing green and white boots :greengrin

GreenCastle
19-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Just got nailed by Goodwin - no ball and should be a red for Goodwin.

Edit - Def a yellow

EdinMike
19-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Just got nailed Goodwin - no ball and should be a red for Goodwin

I hate Goodwin as much as anyone.. But it was a booking, not a red. Ivan's getting pelters from the Midden ! I think he's having a cracking game and their players and fans realise that...

Heisenberg
19-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Can't believe the St Mirren fans were having a go at Sproule after that tackle. He clearly got clattered by that big baldy thug!

jamieross
19-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Nice to see him wearing green and white boots :greengrin

Unless hes changed them since you posted, hes defo not wearing green and white boots.

Just took a sore yin from Goodwin. Goodwin nowhere near the ball and lucky to escape a booking. Crowd chanting 'cheat' at Ivan.

Sylar
19-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Unless hes changed them since you posted, hes defo not wearing green and white boots.

Just took a sore yin from Goodwin. Goodwin nowhere near the ball and lucky to escape a booking. Crowd chanting 'cheat' at Ivan.

Having seen the close-up after he got flattened, you are correct sir.

GreenCastle
19-01-2013, 01:33 PM
I hate Goodwin as much as anyone.. But it was a booking, not a red. Ivan's getting pelters from the Midden ! I think he's having a cracking game and their players and fans realise that...

I actually don't hate him but think it should be have been a red - no ball and a dirty challenge.

Edit - watched it again and I am saying 100% yellow now :)

Wotherspiniesta
19-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Comdedy gold there. If anyone has Sky+ rewind back to about 43 minutes to when St Mirren were denied a penalty. The fans up in arms shouting " You don't know what you're doing, you don't know what you're doing" Chant starts to fade out and you hear an angry fan perfectly in time chanting "You're just a cheating *******" Proper LOL moment here.

jamieross
19-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Comdedy gold there. If anyone has Sky+ rewind back to about 43 minutes to when St Mirren were denied a penalty. The fans up in arms shouting " You don't know what you're doing, you don't know what you're doing" Chant starts to fade out and you hear an angry fan perfectly in time chanting "You're just a cheating *******" Proper LOL moment here.

I heard that aswell, haha. The atmosphere seems so quiet you can almost here folks teeth chattering together.

SMAXXA
19-01-2013, 01:41 PM
I think hes having a very good game, wonder if we will start to see the "I wish we kept him" shouts :greengrin. I hope he does very well, didnt get as much an opportunity as I would have liked this season but I trust PF to do whats best for Hibs.

EdinMike
19-01-2013, 01:44 PM
I actually don't hate him but think it should be have been a red - no ball and a dirty challenge.

Edit - watched it again and I am saying 100% yellow now :)

That why I should be a Ref :)

Edit: 1-1 Steven Thompson, cracking strike !

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Well done Thompson, thats the first of my both teams to score bet up. :thumbsup:

just_joe
19-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Is it just me or does sam Morrow look the double of Riordan?

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Sam Morrow coming on, he looks the spitting image of Deek these days. :greengrin

just_joe
19-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Sam Morrow coming on, he looks the spitting image of Deek these days. :greengrin

Obviously not just me then lol if I didn't know any better id say he was Riordan!

EdinMike
19-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Is it just me or does sam Morrow look the double of Riordan?

Obviously not, I thought the same. Ivan should have scored !

Edit: Morrow ! Lad I actually cheered !

Edit Edit: Aye 2-1 County.. !

just_joe
19-01-2013, 02:13 PM
lol good finish by morrow!

Sylar
19-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Well done Sam Morrow!

I thought his career was done after an ACL injury he sustained at Livingston - good to see him back playing and scoring again.

#FromTheCapital
19-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Good finish but absolutely woeful defending.
I'd rather st mirren won this game mainly because I think Derek Adams is a cock

Sylar
19-01-2013, 02:16 PM
ex-Hibs dream team going on here :greengrin

Great finish from Sproule.

Scooter
yaaaaaasssss :agree::greengrin

#FromTheCapital
Goal sproule! What a goal as well.

hibeequinn
he's just scored.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

EdinMike
19-01-2013, 02:17 PM
Allez Allez Alle Sproule !! 3-1 ! :flag:

IWasThere2016
Great goal fae Morrow and now Sproule. 1-3 Ross Co.

jamieross
3-1 Sproule half volley.

hibsbollah
19-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Delighted for Ivan :aok:

Hainan Hibs
19-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Haha, it had to happen:greengrin

Well done Ivan:thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
19-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Two for Ivan! 1-4

jamieross
4-1 Sproule again

Boydyhfc
At the double lol. Well done Ivan

PeeJay
Sproule looking for a hat-trick? :greengrin

Sylar
A double!

4-1...St Mirren are rank!

Golden Bear
19-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Ivan at the double. What a player!

#FromTheCapital
Double from Ivan delighted for him but his boss is still a ****er

EdinMike
:flag: Do we bring him back for a 3rd spell !? :greengrin So happy for him, he's the nicest guy i've ever met ! Keep at it Ivan !!

sambajustice
Well done to the guy!

He's still gash though!

Sorry.

Golden Bear
Sign him!

hibeequinn
another goal why he never done this for us this season.

Golden Bear
19-01-2013, 02:23 PM

Play the guy in the right position and he'll produce the goods. Simples.

heretoday
Leaves Easter Road and rediscovers his scoring touch. A familiar story.

Bob Box Fish
Sign him up ! He has been excellent today why could paddy not get the best out of him?

Pretty Boy
19-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Should never have let him go.

Fenlon out, Butcher in!

hibsbollah
19-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Sign him up ! He has been excellent today why could paddy not get the best out of him?

Best for both parties.
He'll always be a Hibby though.

Jim44
19-01-2013, 02:26 PM

...... Because he rarely got the chance to really get into a game, being the consummate substitute.

kaimendhibs
19-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Superb Ivan, chuffed for him, always a hibbee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#FromTheCapital
19-01-2013, 02:28 PM

Debuts can be funny, we've had a few players who looked outstanding on their first few games and turned out to be total guff. Palson and Kerr off the top of my head.
Not to say that sproule is a bad player but he never set the heather alight for us in his 2nd spell

Sylar
19-01-2013, 02:31 PM
This means Dundee really need a win today or they'll be 12 points adrift...

MWHIBBIES
19-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Really pleased for Ivan although he does only score in glasgow :greengrin

J-C
19-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Another case of ex Hibs playing better elsewhere, even Brown saved a penalty :(

Jones28
19-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Well done Ivan! Terrific performance from him, one of my all time favourites and will always want him to do well.

Sam morrow scoring too, mon the former hibees! Except Colin nish this afternoon ;)

Jack Hackett
19-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Sproule looking for a hat-trick? :greengrin

You just know he's saving that for us. :greengrin

Delighted for him regardless.

Chibs
19-01-2013, 02:49 PM
This means Dundee really need a win today or they'll be 12 points adrift...

Until the yams get their point deduction

J-C
19-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Heard him after the game having a wee dig at Fenlon, wanted more game time and was fed up sitting on the bench at ER, good luck to him.

MWHIBBIES
19-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Heard him after the game having a wee dig at Fenlon, wanted more game time and was fed up sitting on the bench at ER, good luck to him.Not really Fenlons fault, he wasn't good enough when he did play, simple.

Golden Bear
19-01-2013, 06:24 PM
I heard his post match interview and he definately had a wee dig about him proving that certain people were wrong with their judgement.

hibee_girl
19-01-2013, 06:26 PM
I heard his post match interview and he definately had a wee dig about him proving that certain people were wrong with their judgement.

I heard it too, he maybe meant some Hibs fans as most were quick to say how crap he is etc

heretoday
19-01-2013, 07:34 PM
I heard it too, he maybe meant some Hibs fans as most were quick to say how crap he is etc

Ivan's a mercurial type. Let's see how many goals he scores between now and season end.

Of course there is always the possibility that Ross County are just better than us.

Mr White
19-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Anyone know if he was played centrally or wide? Glad to see him get a couple of goals. After being used so sparingly recently I think he has every right to say what he did post match- he believes in his own ability and put his money where his mouth is today.

Golden Bear
19-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Anyone know if he was played centrally or wide? Glad to see him get a couple of goals. After being used so sparingly recently I think he has every right to say what he did post match- he believes in his own ability and put his money where his mouth is today.

He's here, he's there he was every ******where - but mainly wide!

Mr White
19-01-2013, 08:05 PM
He's here, he's there he was every ******where - but mainly on the bench or warming up behind the goals!
Wee change there gb.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Loved Ivan first time round, but lets not rewrite history here folks. He could not oust David Wotherspoon FFS, i watched him today and yes he did well, but would i want him back or in our team, no thanks?

A great Hibby and i will always remember his first spell at the club and Ibrox. :thumbsup: Good luck wee man, i hope it all works out for you. :top marks

sambajustice
19-01-2013, 08:34 PM
Ivan Sproule is absolute pish.

A hattrick in Glasgow i think clouds most people's judgement!

Jeez, even his second goal today he sclaffed into the ground before it went in.

Maybe a good guy and all the rest of it but no-one well ever change my mind that he is a pish football player!

Love the Green
19-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Loved Ivan first time round, but lets not rewrite history here folks. He could not oust David Wotherspoon FFS, i watched him today and yes he did well, but would i want him back or in our team, no thanks?

A great Hibby and i will always remember his first spell at the club and Ibrox. :thumbsup: Good luck wee man, i hope it all works out for you. :top marks

Yes and we had so MANY talented players on show today who showed pace, enthusisunm directness and eagerness to take playes on.

Most negative HIBS teamI have watched in my lifetime..a;; almost Fenlons players and a pathetic bunch at that.

"keep the faith":agree:

hibbymick
19-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Yes and we had so MANY talented players on show today who showed pace, enthusisunm directness and eagerness to take playes on.

Most negative HIBS teamI have watched in my lifetime..a;; almost Fenlons players and a pathetic bunch at that.

I wasnt at the game today, but surely his tactics were not as negative as tynecastle......were they ?

Heisenberg
19-01-2013, 08:48 PM

A pathetic bunch who have us sitting fourth in the league with a chance of 2nd, I don't think it'll happen but to be where we are now after the last few years is definitely going the right way. We aren't a brilliant team by any stretch of the imagination, but at times we've shown what we can do and at times we've shown how bad we can be. Typical inconsistency really, we just need to get a few more in this window in the correct areas and we'll be sitting in a healthy position come the end of the season.

Sir David Gray
19-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Delighted for Ivan.

Just hope his scoring run doesn't continue on the 30th!

Really hope this move works out for him.

SaulGoodman
19-01-2013, 11:33 PM

Shut up.

MWHIBBIES
20-01-2013, 12:32 AM

"keep the faith":agree:Such an ignorant and moronic post.

Paisley Hibby
20-01-2013, 12:33 AM

Maybe a good guy and all the rest of it but no-one well ever change my mind that he is a pish football player!

Sorry but I can't let that go unchallenged. You're entitled to your opinion but calling him pish is out of order - and it's not true.

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2013, 12:27 PM

Kicked it into the ground deliberately.

We never gave him a chance this season, probably because he's not as good as the others defensively. If we had a player that could pick a pass to put him into space we'd still have had a player IMO.

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-01-2013, 11:11 PM
just seen the highlights from the St Mirren game. Impressed by the speed and the movement of their front five. We can't match that just now or even come close. No point in us playing him with our system at present so a good move for him to play in a set up that matches his strenghts.

hibsbollah
20-01-2013, 11:15 PM
just seen the highlights from the St Mirren game. Impressed by the speed and the movement of their front five. We can't match that just now or even come close. No point in us playing him with our system at present so a good move for him to play in a set up that matches his strenghts.

Cmon now. They are near the bottom of the table and they beat us a few weeks ago in an act of grand larceny, they were terrible that day (as, admittedly, were we).

The Sea-gull
21-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Good luck to Ivan. Like-able guy and provided some great moments in his first spell at Hibs. Even then though, he never really established himself as a regular starter and was always more of a useful squad player/sub.

The two main reasons it never worked out for him second time around are that he seemed to have lost a wee bit of his spark and the general standard of player was nowhere near as good as it had been in his first spell. This meant we had all started to think Ivan was better than he actually is based on our memories of better times for the club and were expecting him to come in and be a stand out player. Instead he just blended in with the mediocraty and poor quality.

He had a year and a half to prove himself and he hasn't. Correct decision to let him go. He may do well at county and good luck to him if he does. Even if this is the case, it will still have been the correct decision to let him go as he hasn't done it for us.

We play Ross County a week on Wednesday in Dingwall. A night time game in the deep of winter in the Highlands. We will probably lose as this is just the sort of game Hibs lose. There is a good chance we may lose 2 or 3 nil. Ivan may terrorise us and score/make goals. Even if he does, it will still have been the correct decision to let him go.

number9dream
21-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Kicked it into the ground deliberately.

We never gave him a chance this season, probably because he's not as good as the others defensively. If we had a player that could pick a pass to put him into space we'd still have had a player IMO.

Richard Brittain was slotting nice passes in behind the St Mirren defence for Ivan to run on to all through the first half. Pity none of our central midfield players are interested in moving forward.
Second half, St Mirren just imploded. Excellent strike for his first goal...

Mister P
21-01-2013, 11:17 PM
thought he could have had 4 goals.

agree that it just didnt work out for him this time round, but in his own words he's 'too good not to be playing'
looks like he's gonna enjoy it up there.

dig in wee man, always a hero.

Sam Morrow getting on the scoresheet as well.

basehibby
22-01-2013, 01:49 PM

Keep the Faith?!? HaHa - what a joke!

Congratulations on the most idiotic (AND NEGATIVE) post of 2013 so far - take it you'd rather we were still strugglin against relegation like this time last year then?

I liked Ivan a lot but I can't remember the last time he actually took a player on in a Hibs jersey - laterly Wotherspoon has been doing more of that which, togther with his age and potential, is why he was keeping Ivan out of the side.

It was a good move for Ivan as he obviously wants more gametime, and a good move for us as it should free up a wage to be spent on someone who will hopefully wield more influence on the side.

22-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the memories Ivan, you have given us so many fantastic moments (3-0 at ibrox twice, CIS cup final, 3-1 Parkhead etc).

All the best at your new club, you will always get a warm welcoming reception from the easter road faithful should you ever decide to come along as a guest. You will always be most welcome here.

Thank you and good luck Ivan :flag: