PDA

View Full Version : Yams hearts sign Danny wilson.

Zondervan
18-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Latest on Twitter

@BarryAnderson_8: #Hearts have signed Danny Wilson on a six-month loan from#Liverpool, pending international clearance. #LFC #HMFC #RFC

JimBHibees
18-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Latest on Twitter

@BarryAnderson_8: #Hearts have signed Danny Wilson on a six-month loan from#Liverpool, pending international clearance. #LFC #HMFC #RFC

How are they able to sign loan players? Thought it was one in, one out under 21s only.

Hibbylad86
18-01-2013, 04:54 PM
How are they able to sign loan players? Thought it was one in, one out under 21s only.

McGowan is out and Wilson is under 21 I think

Mr White
18-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Is that a genuine twitter account? According to his wikipedia page Wilson went to bristol city on loan on 22nd November, seems unlikely he'd be on his way to another loan so soon.
Edit - 2 month emergency loan at bristol apparently, now over.

Mr White
18-01-2013, 04:56 PM
McGowan is out and Wilson is under 21 I think

Aye, turned 21 last month.

Mark79
18-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Thought the wage was to be lower than the departing? Surely wilson must be on a fair whack at lfc?

#FromTheCapital
18-01-2013, 04:58 PM
Does this mean we can start calling fester John McGloan?

steviehibsleith
18-01-2013, 05:00 PM
According to his WIKI he was born 27 December 1991 by my reackoning that means he is 21 so i dont get it as they are only allowed to sign under 21s .

Mr White
18-01-2013, 05:02 PM
According to his WIKI he was born 27 December 1991 by my reackoning that means he is 21 so i dont get it as they are only allowed to sign under 21s .

Must be like the u 21s, ie 21 is ok.

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2013, 05:03 PM

Isn't it the case that players are "aged" by their age at the start of the season or the competition they are playing in? Hence you can have 21 and 22 year-olds playing in the qualifying rounds for the U-21 championships.

s.a.m
18-01-2013, 05:03 PM

I'm guessing there's a cut-off point for turning 21 - start of season maybe?

bob12345
18-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Must be like the u 21s, ie 21 is ok.

Yeah, it will be done by birth year, otherwise you would have players dropping out of U21 squads throughout the year when their birthday hit.

Wotherspiniesta
18-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Surely Wilson will be on a bigger wage at Liverpool than McGowan was on at Hearts?...

Ban them again! :cb

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Surely Wilson will be on a bigger wage at Liverpool than McGowan was on at Hearts?...

Ban them again! :cb

Their share of the wages will be less.

brydekirk
18-01-2013, 05:07 PM
New signing for them coming the 6 oclock news. Stv

Mr White
18-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Just been confirmed on bbc radio news.

Wotherspiniesta
18-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Watched a few Scotland u-21 matches and based on those games..... Hanlon > Wilson

Fully expect Webster or Zaliukas to leave aswell now. This will soften the blow only a little for the yamboids.

Fat Penlon
18-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Can we cut out all the nonsense about Hearst going bust now!!

It just isn't going to happen.

Sean1875
18-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Hate to say it but that could turn out to be a great signing. just makes the whole signing embargo thing look even more farcical.

Gus Fring
18-01-2013, 05:14 PM

Why? Because they've signed one player on loan? Doesn't mean he's going to get his wages.

Anyway, the SPL rule for Under-21 is "a Player who had not attained the age of 21 years on 31 December of the year before the year in which the relevant Season commences"

So anyone who wasn't 21 on or before the 31/12/11?

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Why? Because they've signed one player on loan? Doesn't mean he's going to get his wages.

Anyway, the SPL rule for Under-21 is "a Player who had not attained the age of 21 years on 31 December of the year before the year in which the relevant Season commences"

So anyone who wasn't 21 on or before the 31/12/11?

So, if he plays tomorrow.......they'll get done again?? :greengrin

Edit.... ignore me. The cold has got to me.

Hibbyradge
18-01-2013, 05:16 PM
One senior player out, one under 21 player in, on loan.

It's all going in the right direction. :wink:

bingo70
18-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Good signing to be fair, although my opinion of him is based purely on the hype surrounding him and the fact he joined Liverpool, don't remember ever seeing him and thinking he was any good.

Diclonius
18-01-2013, 05:26 PM

Correct. This is an excellent signing for them and comparable to our loan deal for McGivern. As I said on another thread they're probably still paying him more than any player in the SPL outwith Celtic. I really, really hate how they continually bend the rules to spend money they don't have.

Go bust? Portsmouth have been reportedly on the edge for about 4 years but they always find some way to survive. Rangers might have been demoted but they're still here. This isn't "more money they have to pay", it's more of them beating the system. Makes me sick.

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Correct. This is an excellent signing for them and comparable to our loan deal for McGivern. As I said on another thread they're probably still paying him more than any player in the SPL outwith Celtic. I really, really hate how they continually bend the rules to spend money they don't have.

Go bust? Portsmouth have been reportedly on the edge for about 4 years but they always find some way to survive. Rangers might have been demoted but they're still here. This isn't "more money they have to pay", it's more of them beating the system. Makes me sick.

Relax, young buck.

1. they can't be paying him more than they paid McGowan. Them's the rules.

2. they aren't bending any rules. They are either complying with them, or they're not . It seems that, in this case, they are.

silverhibee
18-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Good signing to be fair, although my opinion of him is based purely on the hype surrounding him and the fact he joined Liverpool, don't remember ever seeing him and thinking he was any good.

Did he not play in a game for the huns in Europe and had a great game.

silverhibee
18-01-2013, 05:39 PM

Four years ago they were paying players £40k+p/w, now they are offering players 3 figure sums to play for them and the way it looks for them will be plying there trade in English league 2 next season.

ancient hibee
18-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Has this "great"player not just finished playing in a team so bad that the manager has been sacked?

EH6 Hibby
18-01-2013, 05:46 PM
So, if he plays tomorrow.......they'll get done again?? :greengrin

Don't think so if the ruling posted above is right. Wilson didn't turn 21 until December 2012.

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Don't think so if the ruling posted above is right. Wilson didn't turn 21 until December 2012.

Brain freeze. :rolleyes:

SMAXXA
18-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Its a strange signing unless zal or webster are going in this window. Liverpool massively overpaid for a guy who broke onto the scene with the huns and put in some decent performances and if I'm honest I didn't get all the hype around him at the time. On paper it would seem a good signing for them.

Hearts fans must be ecstatic that fester is addressing their goal scoring issues.

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Its a strange signing unless zal or webster are going in this window. Liverpool massively overpaid for a guy who broke onto the scene with the huns and put in some decent performances and if I'm honest I didn't get all the hype around him at the time. On paper it would seem a good signing for them.

Hearts fans must be ecstatic that fester is addressing their goal scoring issues.

Just to throw something else into the mix......

Is it the case that the McGowan sale is irrelevant? That happened when they still had the embargo in place. So... does the "one in, one out" start from now? If so, that would support your theory that AW or MZ are off... indeed, that they have actually gone.

VickMackie
18-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Looks like a great signing for them. Pricks.

Billy Whizz
18-01-2013, 06:05 PM

Saw him play for Scotland under 21's a few times and haven't been impressed. Looked a good prospect, but chased the money instead of playing regularly, they are welcome to him.

Mikey
18-01-2013, 06:05 PM
If we signed someone with so little experience folk would be doing their nut.

JollyGreenGiant
18-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Saw him play for Scotland under 21's a few times and haven't been impressed. Looked a good prospect, but chased the money instead of playing regularly, they are welcome to him.

Sounds like the deserve each other!

#FromTheCapital
18-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Don't understand why everyone is so bothered about them signing a 21 year old defender on loan. It's painfully obvious that they need attacking options not inexperienced defenders.

SMAXXA
Just to throw something else into the mix......

Is it the case that the McGowan sale is irrelevant? That happened when they still had the embargo in place. So... does the "one in, one out" start from now? If so, that would support your theory that AW or MZ are off... indeed, that they have actually gone.

IMO bringing in another CH would indicate to me one of they will be off as a guy like Wilson isn't going to come and not play and I can't see either of them 2 being dropped can you?

Either way I think they will still be paying a fair bit of his wages so I'm happy for them to strengthen (on paper) an already strong area of their team, they still have their existing weaknesses so I can't say I'm bothered about them signing him.

Part/Time Supporter

I thought he looked like a worse player in the Scotland U21 games this season than he did 2-3 years ago. Hardly surprising, given that he's played less than 10 league games since leaving Rangers. I suppose if you were spinning it positively, you would say he has a point to prove, but the likelihood is that what is now an unknown quantity will replace either of Zaliukas or Webster this window.

marinello59
18-01-2013, 06:10 PM

Have you seen him play lately? I haven't so he may well turn out OK but the reports I have heard of him suggest his development has stuttered and an EPL career may be beyond him.

SMAXXA
18-01-2013, 06:14 PM

Not so sure Mikey, couldn't it be argued McGivern, Francome, Docherty etc last year were of the same category? All had loan spells to gain experience and Wilson has played in the Premiership so arguably has more experience?

I duno to be fair, all I know is I'm not bothered one bit by this either way.

hibee92
18-01-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm genuinely not saying this because of my burning hatred towards them.

Danny Wilson was a decent player (decent, not exceptional, and overrated) at Rangers three years ago, since then he's barely kicked a ball.

Saying that, I've barely seen him play since then.

Heisenberg
18-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Whilst its a decent signing it goes nowhere near addressing their main problem area. This means that to address said area they will need to sell, Webster/Captain Zal out the door weakens them massively and means they have to play our boy Mchattie at left back.

Spike Mandela
18-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Danny Wilson's agent is Allan Preston so no doubt getting his player games and helping his team at the same time.

Always knew they would sign a player before us in this window:rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Decent signing, bit of an overreaction on brokeback though, you'd think they had signed Maldini.

I'd still prefer to have the 3 guys we've signed so far than losing our best player and replacing him with a kid who has hardly played for 3 years.

VickMackie
18-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Have you seen him play lately? I haven't so he may well turn out OK but the reports I have heard of him suggest his development has stuttered and an EPL career may be beyond him.

I've not but was always impressed with him when I seen him play for rangers. Even if he hasn't developed into an international premiership player I think he'll still easily be good enough for the SPL unless he's lost all desire since making his money.

The Liverpool fans on their forum aren't sad to see him go but haven't said much bad about him. Apparently he's out of contract at the end of the season.

lord bunberry
18-01-2013, 06:34 PM
I can't get my head around the fact that they are signing anyone at all. If they are as skint as they are claiming to be and they don't have enough money to make it to the end of the season why are they signing a player

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2013, 06:35 PM
I can't get my head around the fact that they are signing anyone at all. If they are as skint as they are claiming to be and they don't have enough money to make it to the end of the season why are they signing a player

Speculate to accumulate......?

Or, in Yamanomic land, testiculate to liquidate.

frazeHFC
18-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Changes nothing as i see it. They have a good defence as it is imo, i would have been more worried had they got a good fast striker on loan.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2013, 06:39 PM
He had some good games and some not so good for Blackpool, a decent player in my opinion. Now if Zaliukas or Webster were to leave?????

SaulGoodman
18-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Who cares? A decent centre half when they already have two decent centre halfs? Changes nowt.

Billy Whizz
18-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Who cares? A decent centre half when they already have two decent centre halfs? Changes nowt.

Probably going to play left back for THEM

lord bunberry
18-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Speculate to accumulate......?

Or, in Yamanomic land, testiculate to liquidate.

Surely they can't afford to speculate if they are in such a bad way

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Surely they can't afford to speculate if they are in such a bad way

It was tongue in cheek :greengrin

The second part of my post is probably more accurate.

jabis
18-01-2013, 07:11 PM
seemignly they are signing danny wilson on loan from liverpool

They haven't got a (Mary's) prayer of getting him.

:top marks

Sir David Gray
18-01-2013, 07:22 PM

:agree: Very odd.

They've hardly had two pennies to rub together for months now and it was only a couple of months ago that they were warning of immediate closure. Now they're suddenly signing a player, albeit on loan, from a Premiership club.

Maybe this cake baking is more lucrative than we've previously given it credit for!

Gerard
18-01-2013, 07:25 PM

They've hardly had two pennies to rub together for months now and it was only a couple of months ago that they were warning of immediate closure. Now they're suddenly signing a player, albeit on loan, from a Premiership club.

Maybe this cake baking is more lucrative than we've previously given it credit for!

They are the ' big team' they have 400,000 fans. so what's the issue with money?:greengrin

Spike Mandela
18-01-2013, 07:28 PM

They haven't paid him anything yet.:cb

lord bunberry
18-01-2013, 07:31 PM

That's what I can't understand its making me think that their maybe not a skint as they have been making out

adhibs
18-01-2013, 07:34 PM
medicore signing. If it is to replace one of the centre backs then im more than happy

McD
Be hilarious if/when his wages don't get paid Liverpool yank him back pdq

Judas Iscariot
Can't keep away from the Huns can he...

Not bothered about him signing, well I might be, I'd wager Wedgester or Zallyuseless is away if he's in

BigKev
18-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Only time will tell if he's decent but EPL clubs do splash big money on unproven youngsters.

Stoke once paid £2 million for a boy wonder from Stoke - Wonder what ever happened to him...

Billy McKirdy
18-01-2013, 07:39 PM
When I think of Liverpool youth players, all I can do is remember Victor Palsson and recollect what a player he was for us :confused:
He (Wilson) has it all to prove as far I can see and is not a shoo-in to make the best of this opportunity for them.
It's a sign of pure desperation on their part as far as I can see, I don't think we have to worry one bit about this guy :greengrin

GreenCastle
18-01-2013, 07:43 PM
He is a decent player - but surely they need a goal scorer? That's all they ever seem to talk about ?

Liverpool must still be paying a fair amount of his wages or he is on a pay as you play deal - either way it's a short term move and costing them money which they really should be saving - probably wanting to avoid being stuck in the bottom 6 as financially that would be a total disaster.

They also still have a trumpet of a manager in charge which many of their fans don't like / rate.

easty
18-01-2013, 07:53 PM
He's a good signing, even if it means one of Webster or Zaliukas is leaving, Hearts have done well here.

Springbank
18-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Expect opposition teams to get more penalties at tynecastle now that hot headed Danny Wilson is there to tempt into a wee challenge or two

Excellent Smithers...

Russell The Dug
18-01-2013, 08:13 PM

Your kidding on there mate. Fantastic at newco brilliant prospect. There would be no moaning him and Mcpake would be amazing.

Russell The Dug
18-01-2013, 08:14 PM
He's a good signing, even if it means one of Webster or Zaliukas is leaving, Hearts have done well here.

Please be webster. Come the summer they are ****ed anyway. Great signing for them though.

Mikey
18-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Your kidding on there mate. Fantastic at newco brilliant prospect. There would be no moaning him and Mcpake would be amazing.

He's barely kicked a ball for 3 years.

SMAXXA
18-01-2013, 08:56 PM

:agree:

Hardly say its a great signing, hoever the proof will be in the pudding when we see him play. Either way though hardly going to make much a difference theyve always had a decent defence so no change there. As stated before its the other areas they are weak in that they need to improve

Hiber-nation
18-01-2013, 09:01 PM

He's only 21 and a very good player. If we'd needed a left sided defender (obviously we don't) and signed Wilson we would all be more than happy.

Diclonius
18-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Relax, young buck.

1. they can't be paying him more than they paid McGowan. Them's the rules.

2. they aren't bending any rules. They are either complying with them, or they're not . It seems that, in this case, they are.

1. McGowan will have been on a fair bit. Technically Wilson will be on less but still an overinflated wage that is more than they can (should) afford.

2. They are complying with them but not in the way the SPL intended. The Under-21 rules are in place to keep their academy running. Wilson is a first team player who is probably on more than 95% of the players in the SPL.

Mikey
18-01-2013, 09:09 PM
He's only 21 and a very good player. If we'd needed a left sided defender (obviously we don't) and signed Wilson we would all be more than happy.

As a loan until the end of the season? When he needs to hit the ground running.

Don't think so.

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2013, 09:15 PM
1. McGowan will have been on a fair bit. Technically Wilson will be on less but still an overinflated wage that is more than they can (should) afford.

2. They are complying with them but not in the way the SPL intended. The Under-21 rules are in place to keep their academy running. Wilson is a first team player who is probably on more than 95% of the players in the SPL.

1. they're complying with the rules. If they want to gamble with their future, that's their lookout.

2. I disagree. Signing U21 players, which is what they're limited to, doesn't keep THEIR academy going at all. I am not sure what the SPL's intentions are (did they actually say?), but I am guessing that they want U21 players to be developed. That is what Hearts are doing.

hfc rd
18-01-2013, 09:18 PM

Is Wilson not the replacement for McGowan? So far they have had two out (McGowan & Enckelman) & one in (Wilson). So could they not sign another player regardless if Webster or Zaliukas or anyone else on a big wage leave?

Hiber-nation
18-01-2013, 09:21 PM
As a loan until the end of the season? When he needs to hit the ground running.

Don't think so.

OK maybe you wouldn't want him but I'm sure the vast majority on here would. Unless he's really gone downhill.

SMAXXA
18-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Is Wilson not the replacement for McGowan? So far they have had two out (McGowan & Enckelman) & one in (Wilson). So could they not sign another player regardless if Webster or Zaliukas or anyone else on a big wage leave?

Yeah they can bud

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2013, 09:22 PM

I am not sure about that. I reckon the "one in/one out" starts from this week, when the embargo was lifted.

If that's the case, the McGowan and Enckelman moves are irrelevant.

Diclonius
18-01-2013, 09:23 PM
OK maybe you wouldn't want him but I'm sure the vast majority on here would. Unless he's really gone downhill.

I would be delighted if we signed Danny Wilson. It would ensure that in case of injury we wouldn't have a defensive comedy show ala when McPake and Clancy were injured.

SMAXXA
18-01-2013, 09:25 PM

I think you probably right mate im sure most on here would have no issue if we had signed him. As I said before on paper he seems a decent signing, not convinced he actually is anything special but who cares, leave them too it.

I say we delete this and ignore their signings and concentrate on our goings on, let them get on with it, they are the masters of their own demise. :wink:

hfc rd
18-01-2013, 09:30 PM
I am not sure about that. I reckon the "one in/one out" starts from this week, when the embargo was lifted.

If that's the case, the McGowan and Enckelman moves are irrelevant.

Quote from the BBC:-

Ryan McGowan's departure to China allows Wilson to come to Edinburgh, but McGlynn can bring in another player after goalkeeper Peter Enckelman left at the end of his short-term deal.

CropleyWasGod
18-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Quote from the BBC:-

Ryan McGowan's departure to China allows Wilson to come to Edinburgh, but McGlynn can bring in another player after goalkeeper Peter Enckelman left at the end of his short-term deal.

Fair enough, but I stopped believing the BBC about a month into the Huns' administration. :greengrin

This is the same BBC that has Romanov selling HIS shares to the fans, remember.

hibees 7062
18-01-2013, 09:56 PM
John Murray has been down every weekend since the under-21 league in England started, and I have been down the majority of Monday nights,” he said. “So for a number of weeks we have been watching games and trying to cover all the teams.
They could have phoned me , i could have told them about Wilson :na na:

Andy74
18-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Wilson will take about 6 months to get up to speed. He was brutal last game I saw him for the under 21s.

In any case centre half is their strongest position so no real change if he comes in and plays alright.

Eyrie
18-01-2013, 10:12 PM

Hopefully both will stay until the summer and leave under freedom of contract, thus hitting Hearts with the double whammy of inflated wages for another six months followed by no transfer fees.

As regards Wilson, they've used up one of their permitted moves to reinforce an already decent defence when they need strikers so it can't be that bad.

Ozyhibby
18-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Hopefully both will stay until the summer and leave under freedom of contract, thus hitting Hearts with the double whammy of inflated wages for another six months followed by no transfer fees.

As regards Wilson, they've used up one of their permitted moves to reinforce an already decent defence when they need strikers so it can't be that bad.

23 first team games?
Don't think I'll worry too much.

EskbankHibby
18-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Great news, a staggering lack of self awareness continues.

They should be signing a centre half from Vale of Leithen but they sign a Liverpool reserve. Massive outgoing but no return.

Wee question - how many scones do you have to sell and 6 year olds do you have to fleece out of Christmas to afford this boy?

Delighted.

Part/Time Supporter
18-01-2013, 10:48 PM
It would be an awful shame if Hearts allowed Wilson to get match sharp by the end of the season, only for him to then sign for Sevco on a free on 1 September.

:wink:

WellingtonHibby
19-01-2013, 06:58 AM
On the beeb

Awesome signing IMO

BoltonHibee
19-01-2013, 07:11 AM
He is on loan to the end of the season isn't he?

Baker9
19-01-2013, 07:15 AM
He is on loan to the end of the season isn't he?

Hearts have agreed to sign the former Rangers defender Danny Wilson on loan from Liverpool until May, pending international clearance.

The Scotland defender, 21, has been on loan at Bristol City recently but played only one match due to injury.

CB_NO3
19-01-2013, 07:16 AM
Good signing on paper but guys I know who watch Liverpool reserves say he has been poor. Has had 2 failed loan moves and played less than 10 games in 2 years. Apparently on 10k a week too.

GoldenEagle
19-01-2013, 07:20 AM
'Awesome' lol

WellingtonHibby
19-01-2013, 07:23 AM
Young Scottish international. Played fairly regularly at blackpool, I believe? Decent pedigree with the huns. Id have him at hibs

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Is this the boy that was Paul Hanlon's understudy in the Scotland u-21s?

kev1875
19-01-2013, 07:32 AM
Young Scottish international. Played fairly regularly at blackpool, I believe? Decent pedigree with the huns. Id have him at hibs

Played 6 games for Blackpool. Played 23 first team games in his entire career since 2008. Played for the worst Scotland team ever and with no reasoning for his call ups.

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2013, 07:35 AM

Not sure about that - there was a lot of positivity around when we signed Joneleit. This is a similar signing - hopefully with the same outcome.

macca70
19-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Wilson must be coming in as replacement for Sallyukas.

They'll get a fee for Zal, not have to pay anything to bring in Wilson.

Even if Wilson is on same wages as Zal, they'll have brought in a transfer fee which will be lucky to see the light of day in Gorgie and shipped straight to Vlad in Lithuania. The Basketball Team need some new training gear and a mini bus for away games.

WellingtonHibby
19-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Played 6 games for Blackpool. Played 23 first team games in his entire career since 2008. Played for the worst Scotland team ever and with no reasoning for his call ups.

Solid rebuttal. I concede.

MontrealHibs
19-01-2013, 07:44 AM

How many full caps does Hanlon have? This boy has several! Cant we just accept he looks a decent signing?

CallumLaidlaw
19-01-2013, 07:47 AM
How many full caps does Hanlon have? This boy has several! Cant we just accept he looks a decent signing?

Yeah I think he's a decent signing.
My only thought is, it isn't defenders they need. He's no better than what they already have there

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2013, 07:49 AM
He was only capped because he had (Liverpool) after his name. No idea if it's a decent signing - comparable to Pallson or Joneleit on paper I suppose?

weonlywon6-2
19-01-2013, 07:56 AM

Hes a gamble,done nothing for some tiime after a promising start at Rangers.

lucky
19-01-2013, 07:57 AM
This looks a good signing. But is that Webster or zalaplookis away?. If he'd signed for us we would be shuffled

Geo_1875
19-01-2013, 07:57 AM

Was capped by Potter, as was Black. Doesn't really count for much. He may turn out to be a decent signing but that remains to be seen.

bingo70
19-01-2013, 07:58 AM
What Webster and zaliukas have on there side is that they're both physical and streetwise, both have their faults but neither are likely to be bullied, Wilson may be a good footballer but like hanlon I'm guessing/hoping he might struggle when it comes to the ugly side of the game so hopefully he'd get pushed about a bit more than there current centre halfs do!

Jim44
19-01-2013, 08:01 AM
In view of the restrictions placed on them by the signing embargo, this is a reasonable signing and probably as good as it will get for them.

Jones28
19-01-2013, 08:08 AM
I'd have taken him at Hibs, good signing

SRHibs
19-01-2013, 08:11 AM
Great signing for Them, if we're being honest.

Saorsa
19-01-2013, 08:17 AM
How many full caps does Hanlon have? This boy has several! Cant we just accept he looks a decent signing?You can accept what you want, you're entitled tae your opinion. He's achieved little that I can see. Capped (likely because of who he played for) by the worst Scotland manager with the worst results in however many decades. Hanlon at Hibs was how likely tae get capped by Potter?

KWJ
19-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Great signing for Them, if we're being honest.

Sensational avatar! Did you make it? Link to a decent size image please :aok:

_hucks_
19-01-2013, 08:20 AM
It's a gamble. He's nowhere near good enough for prem, and he's not set the heather alight on his loan moves. That said, there was something there that alerted the Liverpool scouts in the first place, so it may work out for them.

Saorsa
19-01-2013, 08:23 AM
It's a gamble. He's nowhere near good enough for prem, and he's not set the heather alight on his loan moves. That said, there was something there that alerted the Liverpool scouts in the first place, so it may work out for them.Something alerted Man U scouts tae Colin Murdoch, cannae think what it was, can you?

Pretty Boy
19-01-2013, 08:23 AM
I expect Hearts fans to be up in arms about this because signing players you ant afford on loan is cheating according to them.

It's a decent signing but a strange one as they don't really need defenders. Think it may well signal the departure of Webster or Zaliukas.

sambajustice
19-01-2013, 08:25 AM

Great chant for the next (and last) derby of the season!

"S**t Paul Hanlon, you're just a s**t Paul Hanlon"

Or the fact he's now played for Huns and diets we could just take the paul hanlon bit out the song and sing the rest of it at him.

nonshinyfinish
19-01-2013, 08:26 AM
No idea if it's a decent signing - comparable to Pallson or Joneleit on paper I suppose?

Or McGivern? :dunno:

Could go either way.

Hermit Crab
19-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Who gives a **** who they've signed!! Probably a replacement for Webster or zaliukas anyway.

darrenmcintosh2
19-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Great signing IMO. He's got great experience at 21. Liverpool paid money for him for a reason and he ain't been shipped out for a fee he is on loan. He will do a job for the yams. Hopefully not a good one against us. The guy was at my school and it's good too see him getting first team games. I think the sameAs most. if hearts sign messi he would be a tam kite signing for most hibs fans opinions

Tricla
19-01-2013, 08:43 AM

No

He was only capped because he had (Liverpool) after his name. No idea if it's a decent signing - comparable to Pallson or Joneleit on paper I suppose?

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Brilliant signing on the face if it.

Hearts have already got a strong defence it's the rest if te side that is pish. Weird one and Wilson will be promised first team games I imagine so its bye to webster or that other cock.

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 08:46 AM
No

Wilson was fantastic for rangers in the SPL and abroad. Deluded to say otherwise.

easty
19-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Or McGivern? :dunno:

Could go either way.

Exactly.

I'm all for slagging off the yams but they've signed a defender with a good record in the SPL (young player of the year wasn't he), that has champions league and international experience. Good signing.

bandylegs_jLeighton
19-01-2013, 09:02 AM
All things considered he should do well in the SPL. Looking their squad though, they have just signed another centre half when you could well argue that Zaliukus and Webster are their top two players.
I'd actually prefer to see us play them in the next derby with Wilson having replaced one of these two.
I would have been much more concerned if they brought in a good goalscorer.

Gatecrasher
19-01-2013, 09:07 AM
As others have said he should do well in the SPL however not better than what they already have.

wearethehibs
19-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Ive not read any of this but Im shocked that them signing someone has a 5 page thread.

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 09:38 AM
As others have said he should do well in the SPL however not better than what they already have.

Wilsons much better than Zaliukas. That boys murder and is lucky to have Webster alongside him.

Wilson can actually play football also and is not a hatchet man so I don't see how he fits into pedo specs plans.

Part/Time Supporter
19-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Wilsons much better than Zaliukas. That boys murder and is lucky to have Webster alongside him.

Wilson can actually play football also and is not a hatchet man so I don't see how he fits into pedo specs plans.

What are you basing that on? His few (unconvincing) appearances for Scotland U21s? His last minute substitute appearance for Bristol City? Or performances in a strong Rangers team nearly three years ago?

Wilson **might** be a good signing, it's impossible to say at this point. But to praise him and dismiss Zaliukas (an experienced international) is absurd.

Mikey
19-01-2013, 09:42 AM
Ive not read any of this but Im shocked that them signing someone has a 5 page thread.

Four and a half pages is just a Hearts/Danny Wilson love in. Hibs.net may sponsor him.

poolman
19-01-2013, 09:46 AM
Wilson was fantastic for rangers in the SPL and abroad. Deluded to say otherwise.

I would'nt know, I didn't spend a whole lot of time watching them to form an opinion

ggth
19-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Latest on Twitter

so what!! 5 pages on this site, maybe you should be on the kickback site

sick of reading about yams on this site

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 09:53 AM
What are you basing that on? His few (unconvincing) appearances for Scotland U21s? His last minute substitute appearance for Bristol City? Or performances in a strong Rangers team nearly three years ago?

Wilson **might** be a good signing, it's impossible to say at this point. But to praise him and dismiss Zaliukas (an experienced international) is absurd.

I'm basing it on watching him at SPL level and strolling it and some outstanding performances in Europe also, especially again Lyon away and panathanikos away. He has also been fantastic for Scotland under 21s.

Don't know where you get the "might" from on paper he will be a great signing and I'm not dismissing Zaliukas as he's an alright player but Wilson has a bit of class about him something Zaliukas doesn't.

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 09:53 AM
I would'nt know, I didn't spend a whole lot of time watching them to form an opinion

That's cool, they where on tv most weeks so I did.

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Four and a half pages is just a Hearts/Danny Wilson love in. Hibs.net may sponsor him.

Where's the hearts love in? They are tossers. To dismiss a player signing for and SPL side just because its hearts is ludicrous though. Especially when he would be a great addition to our side.

#FromTheCapital
19-01-2013, 10:01 AM
so what!! 5 pages on this site, maybe you should be on the kickback site

sick of reading about yams on this site

To be fair it's not the op's fault that we have 5 pages on a hearts signing. And there probably wouldn't be 5 pages if it wasn't for all the other drama that has gone down at the PBS recently

Paisley Hibby
19-01-2013, 10:01 AM
This smacks of desperation - on Danny Wilson's part :greengrin

Thegreenside
19-01-2013, 10:03 AM
looks fairly average next to Hanlon in the under 21s

SMAXXA
19-01-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm basing it on watching him at SPL level and strolling it and some outstanding performances in Europe also, especially again Lyon away and panathanikos away. He has also been fantastic for Scotland under 21s.

Don't know where you get the "might" from on paper he will be a great signing and I'm not dismissing Zaliukas as he's an alright player but Wilson has a bit of class about him something Zaliukas doesn't.

Think you might be going a bit OTT here. You've used 'fantastic', 'great' and 'outstanding' in describing his performances years ago.

You'd think they just signed Maldini the way your going on.

Add 'class' to that also.

Part/Time Supporter
19-01-2013, 10:06 AM

Except he's never played against Lyon or Panathanaikos. Rangers last played Lyon in December 2007 (in the CL) and Panathanaikos in early 2008 (in their Uefa Cup run), when Wilson was in their youth teams. He didn't play for the Rangers first team until the 2009/10 season. In fact, he played against Hibs in the 2009 Youth cup final. The only European ties he played in for Rangers were a 1-1 draw against Unirea and a 2-0 defeat by Stuttgart in November 2009.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2013, 10:07 AM

Nah, he's not as good as the central pairing the gimps already have. He's decent but not in the same class as that pair.

He's on a par with our own Paul Hanlon, and like him has good days and bad, whereas Zaliukas and Webster are very very consistant giving 7-8 out of 10 performances most weeks.

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Think you might be going a bit OTT here. You've used 'fantastic', 'great' and 'outstanding' in describing his performances years ago.

He wasn't signed by Liverpool for no reason.

He's only on loan until the summer anyway but I still believe Wilson will play at the highest level and be a Scotland regular for years to come. Baffling he's ended up with them although with 6 months left on his contract its better than Liverpool rezzies I suppose.

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Nah, he's not as good as the central pairing the gimps already have. He's decent but not in the same class as that pair.

He's on a par with our own Paul Hanlon, and like him has good days and bad, whereas Zaliukas and Webster are very very consistant giving 7-8 out of 10 performances most weeks.

Sorry but Wilson is head and shoulders above Hanlon.

lord bunberry
19-01-2013, 10:10 AM

It would only be 4 pages if everyone stopped commenting about how many pages there is

Part/Time Supporter
19-01-2013, 10:11 AM
It would only be 4 pages if everyone stopped commenting about how many pages there is

Or if people didn't just make up complete nonsense (see above).

Mon Dieu4
19-01-2013, 10:12 AM

id say there is only about an inch or so difference

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-01-2013, 10:13 AM

Same here! what's all this love in with them? do you think they praise any of our players or signings?, yeah your right they don't....so

F*** danny wilson he's crap and he better get used to not getting paid by the serial cheats...

Nuff said!

Jim44
19-01-2013, 10:16 AM

I agree. It's interesting to read on KB that they think we are seething about their signing when in fact, most comments here suggest we openly think it's a good signing. A sign of seething is when you shrug off the signing by saying how useless the player is ( when deep down you actually know he's a good player) just as these bampots did when the Craig signing was announced.

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2013, 10:19 AM

When was the last time or how often have you watched Wilson play in the last two years compared to having watched Hanlon?

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 10:24 AM
When was the last time or how often have you watched Wilson play in the last two years compared to having watched Hanlon?

Seen Wilson play the other day there and he had a good game. Hanlons our 3rd best centre back who's had a half decent season so far and still has a lot to prove to even be good enough at Hibernian.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2013, 10:25 AM

And you base that on games you have seen how many years ago? :confused:

Sammy7nil
19-01-2013, 10:27 AM
I can't believe how silly and bitter some fans are, Hearts have made what appears to be a good signing.
I am sure if we had made the signing the talk would be what a great chance to maybe pick up a quality player on the cheap.

On paper he looks a great signing for them get over it.

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Seen Wilson play the other day there and he had a good game. Hanlons our 3rd best centre back who's had a half decent season so far and still has a lot to prove to even be good enough at Hibernian.

Who was he playing against in this one game you've seen him in since when? As for your Hanlon comment you're either deluded, pished,on the wind up or just having a laugh. Not proven good enough to be at Hibernain :rolleyes:

Part/Time Supporter
19-01-2013, 10:31 AM

For whom? The only appearance he's made for a club team this season was as a sub for Bristol City*. I do hope that you're not imagining things again.

*no doubt, if he had signed for Hibs, it would be pointed out that "he couldnae get a game for a struggling Bristol City team"

:rolleyes:

Mikey
19-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Seen Wilson play the other day there and he had a good game.

Oh go on, this should be good :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2013, 10:35 AM
Oh go on, this should be good :greengrin

FIFA 13 perhaps :greengrin

WindyMiller
19-01-2013, 10:36 AM

:wtf:

And...

He didn't play in the European games you've quoted.

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 10:38 AM
For whom? The only appearance he's made for a club team this season was as a sub for Bristol City*. I do hope that you're not imagining things again.

*no doubt, if he had signed for Hibs, it would be pointed out that "he couldnae get a game for a struggling Bristol City team"

:rolleyes:

Imagining stuff again aye?

He played on Liverpool tv in a win over Saints u21s at the start of the week.

Now your making up stuff in relation to him imaginary signing for the cabbage. I didn't see any negative comments when we got Craig pre contract during the week or any negative comments about sparky and McGivern staying.

vercol36
19-01-2013, 10:38 AM
From Kickback:

"Honestly if we signed Messi they would say it was a ***** signing and that Cairney was better."

I don't understand...

...Cairney IS better than Messi. :rolleyes:

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 10:39 AM
FIFA 13 perhaps :greengrin

Scouse hibee obviously doesn't support the reds then eh?

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Unlike most on here, i actually saw him play a couple of times for Blackpool. He was decent, nothing spectacular. My mates said he was decent too, but poor on other occasions.

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 10:41 AM
:wtf:

And...

He didn't play in the European games you've quoted.

Aye ok then, wilsons *****, couldn't lace Hanlons boots hearts are going bust etc etc. Takes a bigger man to admit a good signing for rival sides but lets just stick to the norm and turn on someone who differs.

Nae "yam" remark yet though. Pleasant surprise for a change.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2013, 10:41 AM

He played in Liverpool tv in a win over Saints u21s at the start of the week.

Now your making up stuff in relation to him imaginary signing for the cabbage. I didn't see any negative comments when we got Craig pre contract during the week or any negative comments about sparky and McGivern staying.

FFS i watched a bit of that game too, how the fluck you can tell just how good he was during that i really dont know? In fact i never even noticed he was playing, thats how much impact he made on me.

Part/Time Supporter
19-01-2013, 10:43 AM

He played in Liverpool tv in a win over Saints u21s at the start of the week.

Wow, an under-21 game. What was the standard of the game? You still haven't explained how he managed to produce exceptional performances against Lyon and Panathanaikos, when he has never played against those teams.

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 10:44 AM
FFS i watched a bit of that game too, how the fluck you can tell just how good he was during that i really dont know? In fact i never even noticed he was playing, thats how much impact he made on me.

Because he's a young Scottish boy playing in a very decent Liverpool under 21 side and strolled the game. If you never noticed he was playing then that's a good thing.

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Wow, an under-21 game. What was the standard of the game? You still haven't explained how he managed to produce exceptional performances against Lyon and Panathanaikos, when he has never played against those teams.

Aye ok mate. If wow an under 21 game is your level of debate ten fair play. Why not just hold your hands up for junping the gun with your comment on not playing for months? Wilson was exceptional for rangers in Europe maybe against other sides and won a move to Liverpool. Build a bridge.

Part/Time Supporter
19-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Aye ok mate. If wow an under 21 game is your level of debate ten fair play. Wilson was exceptional for rangers in Europe maybe against other sides and won a move to Liverpool. Build a bridge.

:faf:

Scouse Hibee

He played on Liverpool tv in a win over Saints u21s at the start of the week.

Brilliant so you've seen him play once in an U21 league game and can tell what a great player he is compared to Hanlon's consistent performances in the SPL.

blackpoolhibs
Because he's a young Scottish boy playing in a very decent Liverpool under 21 side and strolled the game. If you never noticed he was playing then that's a good thing.

Are you sure he played in this game, you have been wrong before? :confused:

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 10:47 AM
:faf:

But he's not played since Bristol mate has he?

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 10:47 AM
Are you sure he played in this game, you have been wrong before? :confused:

Dearie me.

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Scouse hibee obviously doesn't support the reds then eh?

Probably as much as you support the Hibs eh!

Russell The Dug
Brilliant so you've seen him play once in an U21 league game and can tell what a great player he is compared to Hanlon's consistent performances in the SPL.

Consistent? He's our weak link. Would rather have Clancy McGivern and Mcpake all at CH ahead of him.

DaveF
If you never noticed he was playing then that's a good thing.

Jeez, everything is now so clear! All those years where I never noticed Brian Hamilton in midfield, he was actually having an exceptional, outstanding game rather than posted missing.

Cheers Russell. Your footballing genius has set me straight :rolleyes:

Russell The Dug
Probably as much as you support the Hibs eh!

Going today mate?

The Falcon
19-01-2013, 10:49 AM
looks fairly average next to Hanlon in the under 21s

Thats what I thought but apparently, we are told, this is not true as he was "fantastic".

If this means that Zaliukas moves on I will not be disappointed.

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Jeez, everything is now so clear! All those years where I never noticed Brian Hamilton in midfield, he was actually having an exceptional, outstanding game rather than posted missing.

Cheers Russell. Your footballing genius has set me straight :rolleyes:

Aye ok. A defender is usually noticed for the wrong reasons.

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Going today mate?

Of course.

HibeeN
19-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Consistent? He's our weak link. Would rather have Clancy McGivern and Mcpake all at CH ahead of him.

Hanlon has been more consistent than McPake at CH this season

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Hanlon has been more consistent than McPake at CH this season

Each to there own.

Part/Time Supporter
19-01-2013, 10:52 AM
But he's not played since Bristol mate has he?

Most folk wouldn't count playing for the stiffs as making a competitive apperance, but go ahead.

If you keep digging you might end up watching the Australian Open tennis next week, so I would keep going.

DaveF
19-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Aye ok. A defender is usually noticed for the wrong reasons.

What about the right reasons? Great blocks, commanding in the air, ability to read a game. I assume Wilson did none of this in the u21 game since he was never noticed?

KeithTheHibby
19-01-2013, 10:55 AM
7 pages and most of it pish.

Couldn't care less who they sign.

For what it's worth I would rather have McGovern than Wilson.

hfc rd
19-01-2013, 10:56 AM
7 pages and most of it pish.

Couldn't care less who they sign.

For what it's worth I would rather have McGovern than Wilson.

This

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Most folk wouldn't count playing for the stiffs as making a competitive apperance, but go ahead.

If you keep digging you might end up watching the Australian Open tennis next week, so I would keep going.

Your obviously pretty ignorant towards the Liverpool under 21 side then also they have 4 or 5 top top players in the side.

Your the one that made an erse of yourself mate you bash on if you think otherwise though, I'm off to the office before the match today. Hope your going along.

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2013, 10:58 AM

I was referring to the amount of games played in the SPL not the level of performance achieved in all of those games, my point was not questioning that Wilson could be a decent signing but rather questioning your assumption based on pretty much no evidence of seeing him play over the last couple of years that he is a far superior player than Hanlon. Just because he went to Liverpool does not mean he has developed into the player he potentially looked like he might do when they signed him. Hanlon has played a lot of first team football compared to Wilson and therefore I don't see how you can compare them just yet. Let's see how Wilson copes every week in the SPL.

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 11:00 AM
What about the right reasons? Great blocks, commanding in the air, ability to read a game. I assume Wilson did none of this in the u21 game since he was never noticed?

He won a good few headers played the ball out of defence well in a very pass orientated Liverpool side, wasn't overly troubled and kept a clean sheet. Certainly wasn't out his depth in an extremely talented Liverpool U21 side. I thought he played better than Flannigan who has started a few games top team this season so I'm surprised he's back up to the SPL if I'm honest. He won't be here for long though.

Russell The Dug
19-01-2013, 11:02 AM
I was referring to the amount of games played in the SPL not the level of performance achieved in all of those games, my point was not questioning that Wilson could be a decent signing but rather questioning your assumption based on pretty much no evidence of seeing him play over the last couple of years that he is a far superior player than Hanlon. Just because he went to Liverpool does not mean he has developed into the player he potentially looked like he might do when they signed him. Hanlon has played a lot of first team football compared to Wilson and therefore I don't see how you can compare them just yet. Let's see how Wilson copes every week in the SPL.

Sound. Can't argue with that.

Kaiser1962
19-01-2013, 11:03 AM

He did not play a part in either game. Was not even on the bench.

I dont think its the worst signing in the world if he's here to replace Zaliukas or Webster then I dont see how it benefits Hearts truthfully.

Scouse Hibee
19-01-2013, 11:04 AM
Sound. Can't argue with that.

:aok:

Hibbyradge
19-01-2013, 11:10 AM
Should this thread not be in the dugout?

It's got two thirds of flick all to do with football.

Fergus52
19-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Except he's never played against Lyon or Panathanaikos. Rangers last played Lyon in December 2007 (in the CL) and Panathanaikos in early 2008 (in their Uefa Cup run), when Wilson was in their youth teams. He didn't play for the Rangers first team until the 2009/10 season. In fact, he played against Hibs in the 2009 Youth cup final. The only European ties he played in for Rangers were a 1-1 draw against Unirea and a 2-0 defeat by Stuttgart in November 2009.

Brilliant :top marks

Aldo
19-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Potentially a good signing but he's no played much 1st team football since his move a number of years ago.

No bothered bout them and who they sign tbh

hfc rd
19-01-2013, 11:39 AM
The thing I don't understand is, why did they sign Danny Wilson? He ain't exactly a "World Cup Superstar" that the yam fans were promised by Vlad.

easty
19-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Some of the crap levelled at Russell The Dug is poor stuff, he thinks Wilson is a good signing on the basis he seen him play, but everyone else who (mostly) haven't seen him play are right of course and Wilson is *****.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Some of the crap levelled at Russell The Dug is poor stuff, he thinks Wilson is a good signing on the basis he seen him play, but everyone else who (mostly) haven't seen him play are right of course and Wilson is *****.

As opposed to the crap he posted about games he played in for sevco in Europe, games he was nowhere near or even on the bench? :confused:

Nobody is saying the boys a dud, but in the same breath Wilson has played very few games since leaving sevco, anyone giving a verdict or an opinion on him is doing so from a few years ago.

SMAXXA
19-01-2013, 11:55 AM

I dont think many people are saying hes ***** at all. I have made and seen most comments saying he hasnt played enough or shown since his Huns days that he will be an amazing, outstanding, class, brilliant signing? :confused:

Part/Time Supporter
19-01-2013, 11:56 AM

...and games he didn't play in at all.

I have seen him play in two competitive Scotland U21 games this season (Luxembourg and Austria) and thought he was poor in both of them. If you use the search function on here, you'll find a thread about the Luxembourg game where someone makes the comment that he looks a worse player now than when he left Rangers.

The guy has got potential (pace, good technique for a centre half) but has at best stagnated over the last couple of years. He has to do well at Hearts to relaunch his career. It's doubtful whether he will.

Moulin Yarns
19-01-2013, 12:04 PM
In case it hasn't been said already, They have signed Dany Wilson so they can have Mary's Prayer, although I Can't Wait for the bubble to burst because they're Never Gonna Be the Same

:greengrin

easty
19-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I dont think many people are saying hes ***** at all. I have made and seen most comments saying he hasnt played enough or shown since his Huns days that he will be an amazing, outstanding, class, brilliant signing? :confused:

who said he is an amazing, outstanding, class, brilliant signing like?

Mikey
19-01-2013, 12:11 PM
He won a good few headers played the ball out of defence well in a very pass orientated Liverpool side, wasn't overly troubled and kept a clean sheet. Certainly wasn't out his depth in an extremely talented Liverpool U21 side. I thought he played better than Flannigan who has started a few games top team this season so I'm surprised he's back up to the SPL if I'm honest. He won't be here for long though.

Is yer man getting a game today? It'll be interesting to see how he gets on against a Celtic team that Hibs only managed to beat 1-0 recently.

SMAXXA
19-01-2013, 12:16 PM

Add 'class' to that also.

who said he is an amazing, outstanding, class, brilliant signing like?

Eh try the guy your so keen to justify :rolleyes:

easty
19-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Eh try the guy your so keen to justify :rolleyes:

I'm no "so keen to justify" anyone :rolleyes:, but since we're disecting everything that gets said - he in no way says its an "amazing, outstanding, class, brilliant signing" in anything you've quoted.

SMAXXA
19-01-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm no "so keen to justify" anyone :rolleyes:, but since we're disecting everything that gets said - he in no way says its an "amazing, outstanding, class, brilliant signing" in anything you've quoted.

Ok

EuanH78
19-01-2013, 12:36 PM
A bit of this going on in this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcSMaNlcDPs

Mikey
19-01-2013, 12:40 PM
A bit of this going on in this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcSMaNlcDPs

I think it's more to do with some people's coping mechanism. Talk up the opposition and talk down Hibs.

Goes down a storm at the golf club on a Saturday afternoon.

Hiber-nation
19-01-2013, 12:48 PM
I think it's more to do with some people's coping mechanism. Talk up the opposition and talk down Hibs.

Goes down a storm at the golf club on a Saturday afternoon.

You mean giving an honest opinion.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-01-2013, 01:45 PM
We should rename this site hibs/hearts.net

R'Albin
19-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Notice that their three highly rated defenders - Webster, Zaliukas and Wilson were all playing today and conceded four goals to a team that, as Mikey pointed out, we managed to shut out three weeks ago.

Ozyhibby
19-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Notice that their three highly rated defenders - Webster, Zaliukas and Wilson were all playing today and conceded four goals to a team that, as Mikey pointed out, we managed to shut out three weeks ago.

If Zaliukas was playing then they are in trouble. I'm sure he was suspended.

Mikey
19-01-2013, 04:30 PM
You mean giving an honest opinion.

He gave an honest opinion, based on making stuff up.

Goals 3 and 4 were described by McGlynn as very soft. Where was the magnificent Danny Wilson for them?

He may be a half decent player but he's played virtually no competitive games for at least 2 years so he aint likely to be up to speed by the middle of May.

That's an honest opinion :wink:

Hiber-nation
19-01-2013, 04:38 PM
He gave an honest opinion, based on making stuff up.

Goals 3 and 4 were described by McGlynn as very soft. Where was the magnificent Danny Wilson for them?

He may be a half decent player but he's played virtually no competitive games for at least 2 years so he aint likely to be up to speed by the middle of May.

That's an honest opinion :wink:

All I was saying is that the vast majority on here would be very happy if we had signed him if we needed a left back or left sided centre half. We don't.

Our poor performance today is far more important than all this herts pish anyway....

ancient hibee
19-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Did I hear McGlynn say"if a 21 year old can't head the ball away you're in trouble"?

DaveF
19-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Did I hear McGlynn say"if a 21 year old can't head the ball away you're in trouble"?

He mumbled something like that, yes.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2013, 06:39 PM

Aye but what does he know about the player, i'm waiting until RTD comes on and gives us the proper story?

leithsansiro
19-01-2013, 07:12 PM
If we had got him, we'd be happy. He's a decent player and he'll improve their team.

JimBHibees
19-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Half decent young player but his career has stalled massively. Lets see how he gets on. Watched him for Scotland u21 v Iceland and didnt think he impressed.