PDA

View Full Version : Weather

LancashireHibby
18-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Getting plenty of snow down here and won't know until the morning whether I'm in work or not - any concerns with the game going ahead tomorrow or is the weather ok up there?

Scouse Hibee
18-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Snowing just now at North Gyle, the grass is covered but only just, not sure about Leith though.

hibee_girl
18-01-2013, 07:26 PM
It's been snowing here for last 2 hours, getting pretty heavy now.

Wouldn't think the game will be in doubt unless it the snow that's lying on ground turns to ice overnight or if it's blizzard conditions tomorrow afternoon!

down-the-slope
18-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Its a total Blizzard in the village (EL) for past hour - snowed lightly for 2 hours before that. A snow plough went past half an hour ago......you would never know it had passed...if this pushes west to Leith it might be touch and go

lord bunberry
18-01-2013, 07:29 PM
The snow is starting to lye in leith now

Westie1875
18-01-2013, 07:34 PM
3pm kick off gives them plenty time to get the surrounding area cleared and the pitch should be fine as the undersoil heating will be on. Typical that this weather happens just after we've had a 2 week break when the weather was fine.

hibsbollah
18-01-2013, 07:40 PM
It'll be on. Some sleet is possible but the heavier snow will be further North.

Saorsa
18-01-2013, 07:42 PM
3pm kick off gives them plenty time to get the surrounding area cleared and the pitch should be fine as the undersoil heating will be on. Typical that this weather happens just after we've had a 2 week break when the weather was fine.which shows just how pointless it was, trying tae pick two weeks out of four months of possible bad weather. Only them that run Scottish fitba could come up with that, two good weeks wasted.

Jack
18-01-2013, 07:43 PM
3pm kick off gives them plenty time to get the surrounding area cleared and the pitch should be fine as the undersoil heating will be on. Typical that this weather happens just after we've had a 2 week break when the weather was fine.

Reckon there'll be a fair amount snow lying about in the morning.

Don't kid yourself the break was for weather reasons. I've been out to play the last couple of weeks but the town is pretty dead. Not many folk have money to muck about with. Even now I doubt there'll be a decent crowd.

Malthibby
18-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Lying heavily in Portobello but don't think it will affect tomorrow.
GG

down-the-slope
18-01-2013, 07:44 PM
It'll be on. Some sleet is possible but the heavier snow will be further North.

The Heavier snow is currently just east.....no sign of stopping. Right now I would not get out the village

monktonharp
18-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Reckon there'll be a fair amount snow lying about in the morning.

Don't kid yourself the break was for weather reasons. I've been out to play the last couple of weeks but the town is pretty dead. Not many folk have money to muck about with. Even now I doubt there'll be a decent crowd. your right about the money! I've driven in mussie,porty, and g.junction street today.hardly anyone on the streets. a bit cald before this snaw started but those places i've mentioned, usually are busy enough on Fridays around the shops.

Sir David Gray
18-01-2013, 07:59 PM
It's fine here in central Scotland.

I'm looking at the posts here and the reports on the news and wondering what all the fuss is about. A few very light flurries throughout the day but absolutely nothing lying on the ground.

Really cold though!

jabis
18-01-2013, 08:15 PM
The Heavier snow is currently just east.....no sign of stopping. Right now I would not get out the village

still trying to figure out where (EL) is :confused:

Newhaven has 3ft of snow and we don't give sh"t :greengrin

cocopops1875
18-01-2013, 08:47 PM

East Linton ?

jabis
18-01-2013, 08:54 PM
East Linton ?

Elphinstone ?

down-the-slope
18-01-2013, 08:56 PM

East Lothian - my training taught me to be vague :greengrin

Between Saltoun and Pencaitland

FranckSuzy
18-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Elphinstone ?

Just says East Lothian under his name :wink: :dunno:

SMAXXA
18-01-2013, 08:58 PM
I think the game will be off. Wouldnt mind cause I canny go anyway so could go to the rearranged game :greengrin

Diclonius
18-01-2013, 08:58 PM
It's fine here in central Scotland.

I'm looking at the posts here and the reports on the news and wondering what all the fuss is about. A few very light flurries throughout the day but absolutely nothing lying on the ground.

Really cold though!

Story of my life living in a coastal town. My whole childhood there were your usual "most snow ever in the history of man" warnings and looking out my window in Carnoustie there was not one flake.

However over here in Dalry it's been snowing for a good few hours and doesn't look like stopping any time soon.

JohnStephens91
18-01-2013, 09:06 PM
The snow is lying in Blackford, I'd doubt the match will be off unless the snow comes down heavily in the early hours.

stoneyburn hibs
18-01-2013, 09:07 PM
I think the game will be off. Wouldnt mind cause I canny go anyway so could go to the rearranged game :greengrin

No chance it will be off, pitch and surrounding areas will be fine the morn, im choking on the game tomorrow :greengrin

cocopops1875
18-01-2013, 09:08 PM

Just says East Lothian under his name :wink: :dunno:

Good stuff Franksuzy however East Lothian is not a village :wink: Hence the question :agree:

neilmartinrocks
18-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Good stuff Franksuzy however East Lothian is not a village :wink: Hence the question :agree:

East LInton ?

Magnifique
18-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Getting plenty of snow down here and won't know until the morning whether I'm in work or not - any concerns with the game going ahead tomorrow or is the weather ok up there?

And the weather report from murrayfield, fair bit of snow lying on ground, snow still coming down but not too heavy at the moment, and the usual hot air streaming from the large pink box along the road

FranckSuzy
18-01-2013, 09:15 PM

Ah ken :greengrin But the initials were referring to East Lothian and not his village :wink:

JollyGreenGiant
18-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Just hope the Dundee team don't have problems getting down to Edinburgh

Newhaven
18-01-2013, 09:20 PM

Well said that man.

Chuck Rhoades
18-01-2013, 09:22 PM
It better be on, very rarely get Sat 3pms these days. **** a wed night reply.

Jamesie
18-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Walked from Elm Row to my flat which is about a five minute walk from the stadium at around 10pm. Walking past the Famous Five I almost went on my ere twice - there will need to be some serious clearing done in the morning as even if the pitch is fine, the areas around the stadium are hazardous at present. About 1.5 inches of snow on my car too so there's work to be done in the morning (assuming a) there's no more snow overnight and b) Dundee can get down the road!)

Sylar
18-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Just hope the Dundee team don't have problems getting down to Edinburgh

The city is clear up here and the main roads look perfectly fine going by the traffic cameras.

I drove down by Dens earlier and even the streets have very little on them.

If anything is going to call the game off, it'll be concern for supporter safety around the stadium and it's too early to gauge that just now?

NOLA
18-01-2013, 10:40 PM
a wee bit of snow and the country grinds to a halt, pathetic really :agree:

Just_Jimmy
18-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Roads through fife are a little ropey but certainly nothing that should stop them getting to edinburgh unless it gets bad between now and morning.

monktonharp
18-01-2013, 10:44 PM
a wee bit of snow and the country grinds to a halt, pathetic really :agree:does seem that way, but there can be a lot of traffic on the main roads these days, which can turn in to a nightmare. I am driving a big van tommorow,doon tae Peebles. not far away, but can be hazardous at times. shovel and grit on board just in case.:wink:

GreenCastle
18-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Surely has to be on - yes snow on the ground but the main roads are fine and the surrounding paths may have snow on them but they aren't as bad as previous years snow / ice.

With some tough away trips coming up and February looking a very busy month - hopefully it's not off.

sbell1875
18-01-2013, 11:25 PM

I'm the same and I missed Motherwell at home last month due to the worlds worst hangover!

Sylar
18-01-2013, 11:39 PM
a wee bit of snow and the country grinds to a halt, pathetic really :agree:

Whereas the AFC Championship game on Sunday is likely to be played in several feet of snow surrounding the stadium and regular clearings of the seating and field :greengrin

Diclonius
18-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Snow's stopped here.

shetlandhibee
19-01-2013, 12:32 AM
Not too much in Aberdeen right now, there's been peerie showers here and there. But i think is meant to be getting worse. Hopefully the game goes ahead:)

.Sean.
19-01-2013, 12:41 AM
Haddington is covered in snow, not been gritted either. Gonna be really treacherous in the morning as the slush is starting to freeze. Hopefully town isn't bad! Be gutted if the game is called off due to weather.

silverhibee
19-01-2013, 01:08 AM
Haddington is covered in snow, not been gritted either. Gonna be really treacherous in the morning as the slush is starting to freeze. Hopefully town isn't bad! Be gutted if the game is called off due to weather.

If the snow that has layed at ER freezes over through the night there could be a problem about health and safety about fans getting to the ground, i passed ER earlier on and the roads and pavements are covered in snow.

edinburghhibee
19-01-2013, 01:20 AM
Yep just walked home from work and there was plenty of snow on top of the old stand at Tynie... Hope that roof can cope with all that extra weight!

lord bunberry
19-01-2013, 01:22 AM
Yep just walked home from work and there was plenty of snow on top of the old stand at Tynie... Hope that roof can cope with all that extra weight!

It will be fine its built from strong materials asbestos I believe

NOLA
19-01-2013, 02:08 AM
Whereas the AFC Championship game on Sunday is likely to be played in several feet of snow surrounding the stadium and regular clearings of the seating and field :greengrin

next you'll be telling me the players wear pads and helmets :dizzy:

ALF TUPPER
19-01-2013, 06:28 AM
All fine here this morning. All hail the Weegie weather !!
;-) *chortle*

down-the-slope
19-01-2013, 06:50 AM
no more overnight in rural EL - just the 3 or 4 inches that were there before going to bed....but will take a fair time to shift

hibsbollah
19-01-2013, 07:24 AM

Please pay attention, i said the snow 'WILL BE' further north'. Im not expecting much more snow in the Edinburgh area today.

Im still intrigued as to what kind of training youve been doing that teaches you to be discrete about where you live by saying 'a village in EL', while putting 'East Lothian' as your location on your status bar :greengrin

puffinandpantin
19-01-2013, 07:36 AM

my older brother always says when anybody asks what like the weather is going to be like
aye theirs gon ti be heavy showers comin fi the west
rangers supporters a right fnn shower

:agree::agree::agree::flag::pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Mon Dieu4
19-01-2013, 08:14 AM
its snowing in Leith again just now

Saorsa
19-01-2013, 08:19 AM
its snowing in Leith again just nowLight snow started where I am too about 3 or 4 miles east of the stadium.

Albanian Hibs
19-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Heavy snow in Southhouse just now.

Pretty Boy
19-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Snow at my house 5 mins from Leith Walk. Next to nothing falling though and plenty blue sky can be seen as well.

Quite a bit lying on the pavements from last night though.

Hermit Crab
19-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Light snow started where I am too about 3 or 4 miles east of the stadium.

The North Sea?

swanny 6-2
19-01-2013, 08:32 AM
The North Sea?

Quality pmsl:greengrin

Saorsa
19-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Quality pmsl:greengrinEasily amused?

Westie1875
Game on!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130119/match-update-game-on_2262950_3046300

WeAreHibs
Just on Twitter

Hibernian FC ‏@HibernianFCClub
The game is on; should the situation change then we will keep everybody informed via Twitter and the official website #hibeesHibernian FC ‏@HibernianFCClub
The game is on; should the situation change then we will keep everybody informed via Twitter and the official website #hibees

hibbiedon
Please pay attention, i said the snow 'WILL BE' further north'. Im not expecting much more snow in the Edinburgh area today.

Im still intrigued as to what kind of training youve been doing that teaches you to be discrete about where you live by saying 'a village in EL', while putting 'East Lothian' as your location on your status bar :greengrin

I think East Linton is a fair bet

HH81
19-01-2013, 08:35 AM
Easily amused?

I am. :-)

Is the game on the radio? Doubtful i know but cant get hibs interactive on my tablet.

Saorsa
19-01-2013, 08:37 AM
I am.

Is the game on the radio? Doubtful i know but cant get hibs interactive on my tablet.Aye, I ken that. :wink: Nae idea about the radio, never pay any attention tae it and besides I'll be at the game :greengrin

TheReg!
19-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Game on!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130119/match-update-game-on_2262950_3046300

Well done Hibs!:aok:

Gatecrasher
19-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Just on Twitter

Hibernian FC ‏@HibernianFCClub
The game is on; should the situation change then we will keep everybody informed via Twitter and the official website #hibeesHibernian FC ‏@HibernianFCClub
The game is on; should the situation change then we will keep everybody informed via Twitter and the official website #hibees
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hz1kmGKDuUE

swanny 6-2
19-01-2013, 08:43 AM
[QUOTE=Desperate Dan;3476715]Easily amused?

Sorry it just made me laugh

HH81
19-01-2013, 08:45 AM
Aye, I ken that. :wink: Nae idea about the radio, never pay any attention tae it and besides I'll be at the game :greengrin

The 2nd part was for anyone i.e. Radio?

hibsbollah
19-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Making a mountain out of a snowhole.

Mon Dieu4
19-01-2013, 09:11 AM
i was just in the club shop, the snow isn't too bad around the stadium and the staff are gritting the paths

guy in the shop said there is another pitch inspection due but should be ok

Hibs90
19-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Snow falling again heavily here in Dalkeith :rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
19-01-2013, 09:14 AM
i was just in the club shop, the snow isn't too bad around the stadium and the staff are gritting the paths

guy in the shop said there is another pitch inspection due but should be ok

Pitch looks fine

Saorsa
19-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Snow falling again heavily here in Dalkeith :rolleyes:keep it there please :wink: :greengrin

GreenCastle
19-01-2013, 09:37 AM
Get the yellow / red ball ready...when was the last time this was used at ER ? :greengrin

Blue skies in parts of Edinburgh - think we will be on - glad as didn't want to sit around house all day or have a midweek re-arranged game!

lapsedhibee
19-01-2013, 12:47 PM
I think East Linton is a fair bet

I've a hunch that DTS doesn't live in East Linton but somewhere between Saltoun and Pencaitland. #sometimespaystoreadthewholethread

hibsbollah
19-01-2013, 01:21 PM
I've a hunch that DTS doesn't live in East Linton but somewhere between Saltoun and Pencaitland. #sometimespaystoreadthewholethread

Shhhhh he wants to keep it quiet :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-01-2013, 01:54 PM
you lot are a set of jessies doon here. I had to dig my car out this morning, with bare hands. Three layers of clothes and for what?? Should have brought a deck chair and sun hat......