PDA

View Full Version : January wish list

RoxburghHibs
18-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Striker

Shefki Kuqi out - replace with John Daly from Dundee Utd (he has six months left on his contract so wouldn't cost too much - maybe?)

Winger

Danny Galbraith out - replace with Danny Carmichael from QoS

Midfield

Martin Scott out - sign Jorge Claros on an extended deal

Defence

Pa Kujabi out - a replacement centre back

Would be nice if these all came off :agree:

JDHibs
18-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Doubt Jon Daly would come to us, and last window Jorge Claros' team wanted £800k for a permanent deal. so there both unlikely.

Defence i doubt he will bring someone in for defence as he secured McGivern and means we have 2 people per position.

Carmicheal would be good, same with Erskine & Doolan from Partick Thistle, Scougal from Livi!

RoxburghHibs
18-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Doubt Jon Daly would come to us, and last window Jorge Claros' team wanted £800k for a permanent deal. so there both unlikely.

Defence i doubt he will bring someone in for defence as he secured McGivern and means we have 2 people per position.

Carmicheal would be good, same with Erskine & Doolan from Partick Thistle, Scougal from Livi!

Why would Daly not come to Hibs from Dundee Utd? I think the blocker would be more to do with a transfer fee to be honest. As for Claros, if that's true, then yeah sounds like he won't be an option.

I still think we are light at centre back. When McPake was out we only had an 18 yr old on the bench as cover.

Right back - McGivern (Maybury cover)

Centre back - Hanlon & McPake (McGivern and Donaldson cover)

Left Back - Clancy (Stevenson cover)

That sound about right?

number9dream
18-01-2013, 03:01 PM
Jon Daly will be off to a Championship or League One side in the summer on a wage that we can't compete with.
I'd be very surprised if Hibs spend a penny on transfer fees, so that rules out a move for anyone under contract, whether they are in the SPL or SFL.
I reckon we might see another loan player brought in from England this month with the money from Sproule's wages.

My wish for January would be see more of Handling, Harris & Stanton as the season progresses. Or are they still too raw for the first team?

I'd also like to see us making a pre-contract offer to Aaron Doran at Inverness and maybe this lad Carmichael at QoS.
Then we can attempt to persuade Griffiths & McGivern to sign permanently and offer new terms to Doyle, Wotherspoon, Stevenson etc.
However, most players will no doubt wait until the summer to maximise their options. We'll just have to be patient.

scoopyboy
18-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Why would Daly not come to Hibs from Dundee Utd? I think the blocker would be more to do with a transfer fee to be honest. As for Claros, if that's true, then yeah sounds like he won't be an option.

I still think we are light at centre back. When McPake was out we only had an 18 yr old on the bench as cover.

That sound about right?

Nope, we have Hanlon, Clancy, McPake and McGivern that can play centre back. Adequate for the rest of this season.

Clancy, Maybury and Wotherspoon can play right back.

McGivern, Hanlon, Stevenson and Maybury can play left back.

I like your targets but we won't be signing defenders.

Greendub
18-01-2013, 03:12 PM

That sound about right?

Not quite, Clancy plays on the right, McGivern on the left :-D

Iceman1875
18-01-2013, 05:17 PM
Hmmm, mccourt, higdon, kris boyd and kev thomson since its a wish list!

hfc rd
18-01-2013, 05:25 PM
I would like to see two wingers and a striker brought in. However I think Paddy will get one of those this Jan. Maybe the lad Carmichael from Queen of the South? I personally wouldn't mind that. Get the current key players signed up on new deals.

RoxburghHibs
18-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Not quite, Clancy plays on the right, McGivern on the left :-D

:hide:

monktonharp
18-01-2013, 06:07 PM
a decent young Portugese midfielder, prefferably with an exotic name

hibsbollah
18-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Id like to see Fenlon get himself a Brazilian. Preferably at the back :agree:

Time For Heroes
18-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Id like to see Fenlon get himself a Brazilian. Preferably at the back :agree:

Perv... ;D

HoboHarry
19-01-2013, 01:02 AM
a landrover sport and a gixer

Think I would prefer a mistress myself. Chinese preferably, with a figure like an hour glass and one word of English in her vocabulary and that would be yes.