PDA

View Full Version : The Terrace podcast?

Leishy1995
18-01-2013, 12:59 PM
http://theterraceradio.podbean.com/

Talking of Scottish Football transfers, did Hibs really sign a basketball player?!

Also mentioned was Zibi, Nade, Hearts signing players that would be good on FM, Eduardo Hurtardo etc.

But yeah, did we seriously sign a basketball player?

Leishy1995
18-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Did Bobby offer Riordan and someone else to someone for one player? And Inverness turned it down?

bigwheel
18-01-2013, 01:05 PM
If I recall correctly it was Riordan and Whittaker - for Bobby Mann I think ??

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2013, 01:07 PM
IIRC Gotskakson was a basketball player of some sorts?

Leishy1995
18-01-2013, 01:07 PM
If I recall correctly it was Riordan and Whittaker - for Bobby Mann I think ??

YES thanks! Is that serious? Was Bobby on drugs?

Billy Whizz
18-01-2013, 01:10 PM

Might have been, certainly wasn't a goalie

Stevie Reid
18-01-2013, 01:11 PM

:agree:

Bighoose
18-01-2013, 01:12 PM
IIRC Blobby wanted Boaby Mann from ICT when Wee Fat Robbo was the ICT Manager with Donald Park as his assistant.

Blobby told him to take his pick of the young lads in return for fat Boaby and as Donald Park knew them all well he plumped for Deek and Whitts.

I think they both didnt fancy Inverness so luckily it came to nowt.

Leishy1995
18-01-2013, 01:12 PM
I wasn't sure if they said goalie but they said basketball player, was he good?

Off the bar
18-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Might have been, certainly wasn't a goalie

apparently he ended up as a goalie as he turned up to the trials wearing gloves because of the cold and they stuck him in goals!

always remember the old east chanting 'ole get tae ****, ole, ole get tae ****' after one too many howlers

.Sean.
18-01-2013, 01:16 PM
I'm quite friendly with one of the Jambos on the Terrace Podcast. It's a decent listen :agree:

Stevie Reid
18-01-2013, 01:19 PM
apparently he ended up as a goalie as he turned up to the trials wearing gloves because of the cold and they stuck him in goals!

always remember the old east chanting 'ole get tae ****, ole, ole get tae ****' after one too many howlers

Was after he let a trundling shot from one of Motherwell's defenders slip from his grasp to allow Owen Coyle to equalise with the last kick of the ball at ER. Was the last straw for many, we had lost her previous 7 games with him being at fault for many of the goals.

Treadstone
18-01-2013, 01:20 PM

Think that may have been against Dundee Utd. Kjell Olofsson scored twice IIRC and one went through/underneath him, actually looked impossible from the east stand.

Although remember him pulling off a couple of magnificent saves against the Yams in a 1-1 draw at ER, one from McSwegan was 'world class'.

Stevie Reid
18-01-2013, 01:22 PM
Think that may have been against Dundee Utd. Kjell Olofsson scored twice IIRC and one went through/underneath him, actually looked impossible from the east stand.

Although remember him pulling off a couple of magnificent saves against the Yams in a 1-1 draw at ER, one from McSwegan was 'world class'.

He was good in our season in the First Division - I also thought he was quite harshly dropped for Colgan in our first season back, though it turned out to be a good move by McLeish.

bigwheel
18-01-2013, 01:32 PM
IIRC Blobby wanted Boaby Mann from ICT when Wee Fat Robbo was the ICT Manager with Donald Park as his assistant.

Blobby told him to take his pick of the young lads in return for fat Boaby and as Donald Park knew them all well he plumped for Deek and Whitts.

I think they both didnt fancy Inverness so luckily it came to nowt.

Yes, thats how I recall it....to be fair to Williamson (not something I thought i'd ever write) he was left with a very weak first team squad, and was probably willing to trade future potential for some war experience there and then....glad it never happened though!

Archie70
18-01-2013, 02:00 PM

Talking of Scottish Football transfers, did Hibs really sign a basketball player?!

We sure did Ollie the goallie, we also signed an international cricketer - Andy Goram!

Lots of pro footballers could have made it at other sports, heard a good interview with Calum Davidson who had the option to become a pro golfer. Look at Nade he gave up a life in the sumo ring, Suso took his diving skills into football and apparently McGlynns for the high jump!

Ritchie
18-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Ollie Gotskallson played basketball for Iceland. :agree:

lyonhibs
18-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Didn't know he ended his UK fitba career quite so igniminously:

and played 15 league games for Torquay before disappearing in January 2005 when, according to then Torquay chairman Mike Bateson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Bateson), doping (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_(sport)) testers arrived at Plainmoor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plainmoor) for routine testing and Gottskálksson was chosen to give a sample. On viewing the list of banned substances he fled Torquay, leaving his girlfriend behind without an explanation.

Having viewed a few of his performances for us, I can only assume "magic mushrooms" and/or "industrial grade cannabis" were on the list of banned substances.

Thestylishkid
18-01-2013, 02:53 PM
I listen to The Terrace podcast, it's a great listen. Scottish football chat without the constant bickering over who's right or wrong with Celtic and Rangers.

Also, none of the guys are ex-players which means they can look at situations objectively rather than talking nonsense and claiming to know it all.

I'd recommend it to anyone. Quite a few genuine laugh out loud moments each week too.

TamHibs
18-01-2013, 04:21 PM

The Dundee Utd game we had Bryan Gunn in goals if the game you are referring to was the game that we got relegated.

TowerHibs
18-01-2013, 07:25 PM
I urge anyone to give the show a listen. Few sensible Jambos and a massive Hibee do the show every week like post above, some real laugh out loud moments and every game in the SPL is given the same amount of respect.

I know the guys are looking to expand the show at the minute to more than weekly with input from other SPL fans. Only regular podcast or show that is balanced and fair to all Scottish teams.

Brilliant theme tune from the OK Social Club too!!! (New album out next month, check these guys oooot)

MelbourneHibby
18-01-2013, 07:42 PM
I urge anyone to give the show a listen. Few sensible Jambos and a massive Hibee do the show every week like post above, some real laugh out loud moments and every game in the SPL is given the same amount of respect.

I know the guys are looking to expand the show at the minute to more than weekly with input from other SPL fans. Only regular podcast or show that is balanced and fair to all Scottish teams.

Brilliant theme tune from the OK Social Club too!!! (New album out next month, check these guys oooot)

Agree will all above, quality listen. Like going down the boozer and discussing football with your mates, but with the ones who actually do the research. On the occasion they do make stuff up they get hammered for it by the other lads. Analysis of Jim/Lucie Weir (daughter) a few months back is particularly good!

NOLA
18-01-2013, 10:46 PM

Also mentioned was Zibi, Nade, Hearts signing players that would be good on FM, Eduardo Hurtardo etc.

olly was a better hoops player than goalie thats for sure.

Leishy1995
19-01-2013, 12:53 AM
I'd like to back up above posts, it is a very very good podcast. I'm glad I found it today.

mattyjacklegend
19-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Hi guys, I am the Hibs fan on the show and glad to hear some of you enjoy it, much appreciated. Trying to make the show more interactive and if you would like to make a point on Twitter or Facebook then would love to hear it. @terracepodcast for twitter. My personal twitter feed is @tonyterrace and it would be great if more fans could tell me their thoughts and feelings so I can relay on the show. Show is out at 10pm every Monday night. I need your support, the rest of the panel are Jambos, although one is a cynic to say the least which is fun to hear.

GGTTH

Leishy1995
19-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Hi guys, I am the Hibs fan on the show and glad to hear some of you enjoy it, much appreciated. Trying to make the show more interactive and if you would like to make a point on Twitter or Facebook then would love to hear it. @terracepodcast for twitter. My personal twitter feed is @tonyterrace and it would be great if more fans could tell me their thoughts and feelings so I can relay on the show. Show is out at 10pm every Monday night. I need your support, the rest of the panel are Jambos, although one is a cynic to say the least which is fun to hear.

GGTTH

Keep up the good work, I'll take a look at your twitters tomorrow!