S4uzee
18-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Mental, they have just had a couple of good resuls aswell

Elephant Stone
18-01-2013, 11:00 AM
Hope they go down.

Ritchie
18-01-2013, 11:01 AM
replaced by Mauricio Pochettino....... a inexperienced manager who got sacked from Espanyol.

Crazy decision.

lord bunberry
18-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Teams like that deserve everything they get. Its a bit similar to qpr sacking warnock last year

JimBHibees
18-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Quite incredible to be honest thought he was doing a great job given he has brought them up from League 1 and now doing ok in EPL including a great point on Wednesday at Chelsea. Some teams deserve to be relegated when they make decisions like this IMO.

Staggering appointment IMO also. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mauricio_Pochettino

KeithTheHibby
18-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Sometimes players and managers get a hard time about loyalty to a club yet at times owners and boards are more culpable.

Would love to hear the reasoning behind this sacking. 2 back to back promotions and doing ok in the premiership?
Adkins won't have a job getting employment elsewhere for sure.

Ritchie
18-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Sometimes players and managers get a hard time about loyalty to a club yet at times owners and boards are more culpable.

Would love to hear the reasoning behind this sacking. 2 back to back promotions and doing ok in the premiership?
Adkins won't have a job getting employment elsewhere for sure.

Adkins in/Fenlon out???

:wink:

lucky
18-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Total joke. Back to back promotions and holding their own in the EPL. Good chance they will go down now as the players will be as baffled as everyone else by this stupid decision.

Ritchie
18-01-2013, 11:14 AM
are southampton owned by one of these foreign consortiums?

lyonhibs
18-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Bunch of arschlochers. Wanted them to stay up. Now want thenm to tumble down the table pronto, just to teach their board, and boards in general, that being massively trigger happy with managers is not the way to go (Calderwood excepted, if anything we weren't trigger happy enough with that clown)

Stevie Reid
18-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Unbelievable. I would say that I hope that they go down but I hardly imagine that the fans would want this given how much he has done for them, and how well they are doing this season - they were really finding their feet in the EPL.

Time for some stats :cb

In their last 12 EPL games, Saints record was W4 D6 L2, 18 points from 36, great form for a promoted team.

Alan Pardew was sacked when they were in League One with a 53% win ratio.

Adkins had a 54% win ratio across League One, The Championship and EPL.

EdinMike
18-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Had a 'wee soft spot' for Southampton *And I predicted a draw with chelski the other day*

But this seems mad to me, I thought they were going to progress in the second half, and they might still...

frazeHFC
18-01-2013, 11:34 AM
Such a shock, they started to do well, makes little sense.

are southampton owned by one of these foreign consortiums?

Pretty sure they had an owner called Markus Liebherr who was loved at Southampton, paid millions to save them from going bust. He died though and now his trust looks after the club.

McSwanky
18-01-2013, 11:34 AM
The fans are hating it. Good set of supporters down there, they deserve a lot better.

Hiber-nation
18-01-2013, 11:40 AM
What a farce. I thought Forest sacking O'Driscoll was bad but this is on a different level. Hope the fans make their feelings known...

--------
18-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Absolutely shocking.

LeighLoyal
18-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Now hope they go down.

bingo70
18-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Two (or three) sides to every story so although on the face of it its a bizarre decision maybe there was stuff going on behind the scenes that made it impossible for him to stay on.

For all we know he could have been whoring himself around other jobs, he could have had a bad attitude towards the board, he maybe bullied younger players, might have been doing dodgy stuff in transfer dealings like harry redknapp.

Don't think people should judge the situation without knowing the facts.

JimBHibees
18-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Two (or three) sides to every story so although on the face of it its a bizarre decision maybe there was stuff going on behind the scenes that made it impossible for him to stay on.

For all we know he could have been whoring himself around other jobs, he could have had a bad attitude towards the board, he maybe bullied younger players, might have been doing dodgy stuff in transfer dealings like harry redknapp.

Don't think people should judge the situation without knowing the facts.

I think you are letting the club away with too much with the above. If any of the above was a problem it wouldn't have just manifested since they have gotten into the EPL. He has done a brilliant job results wise and is also bringing through some excellent young players also - one of their regulars is 18.

Just a very knee jerk decision and personally am glad that he got that brilliant point at Chelsea after being 2 down as it shows up even more so how stupid this decision is.

Hainan Hibs
18-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Would love to know the reasons behind their decision, on the face of it it's unbelievable.

Bishop Hibee
18-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Saints fan I know will be raging. Disgraceful. At least Pompey are worse off.

jane_says
18-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Work down in Southampton and know a fair few fans, they are fuming. Absolutely crazy decision.

Back to back promotions, sit 15th in the premier league, unbeaten in the last 5 league games and only 2 defeats in 12. Shocking.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Personally i dont give a toss either way. :greengrin

allezsauzee
18-01-2013, 12:55 PM
I don't disagree that it seems very harsh to sack the guy yet I'll bet there won't be the same indignation if Paul Lambert gets sacked despite him proving himself to be a very good manager in the last few seasons. Taking a Norwich team that had been thumped 7-1 at home by Colchester at the start of the season, got them promoted that same season, got them promoted to the EPL the following season then kept them up comfortably without spending that much money. He inherited a Villa team that was clearly needing rebuilt so they were always going to struggle.

worcesterhibby
18-01-2013, 12:55 PM
Absolutely bonkers. Glad I'm not a Southampton fan. They will go down.

Jones28
18-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Ffs, that's crazy. Just as they were starting to put some results together! They'll get what they (ie the board, owners) deserve and will be relegated.

--------
18-01-2013, 02:51 PM
I don't disagree that it seems very harsh to sack the guy yet I'll bet there won't be the same indignation if Paul Lambert gets sacked despite him proving himself to be a very good manager in the last few seasons. Taking a Norwich team that had been thumped 7-1 at home by Colchester at the start of the season, got them promoted that same season, got them promoted to the EPL the following season then kept them up comfortably without spending that much money. He inherited a Villa team that was clearly needing rebuilt so they were always going to struggle.

The difference seems to me to be that Adkins has just begun to turn things around - the Saints' last run of results has been good enough to bring them out of the relegation places and the draw at Stamford Bridge (after being 2-0 down) suggests that the players are really playing for him now. AV seem to be slowly sinking.

Lambert, poor chap, isn't getting any of the breaks right now and it would indeed be unfair to sack him. Sadly that's not going to cut any ice with the AV board, I think, unless the team starts winning games very soon.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Think he was their best chance of staying up. Another example of how the best league in the world is a mult-million pound folly for rich boys with toys to footer with.

hfc rd
18-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Absolutely shocking decision by the saints board. He has done an excellent job down there and now loses his job after a great couple of results. Are the board expecting him to be challenging both Manchester clubs for the title? If they get relegated, the finger should be firmly pointed at the board.

Waxy
18-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Wow.i didn't know Romanov had a share in Southampton.
Anyway,what a crap decision.

Stevie Reid
18-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Was on SSN that he's the most successful manager they've had in over 100 years. Took over with them 22nd in League One, and left after a 2-2 draw away to the European champions, and after 4 wins, 6 draws and 2 defeats from their last 12 games.

snooky
18-01-2013, 06:07 PM
Maybe they weren't selling enough pies cos he had everyone on a diet?
:wink: