PDA

View Full Version : Galbraith and Kujabi told to find new clubs

spike220
18-01-2013, 07:31 AM
Danny Galbraith and Pa Kujabi have been told they are no longer required and need to find new clubs. I would like to say thanks for the memories but cant think of many. But wish them both all the best.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-01-2013, 07:37 AM
Danny Galbraith and Pa Kujabi have been told they are no longer required and need to find new clubs. I would like to say thanks for the memories but cant thimk of many. But wish them both all the best.

Shame for the players if true but wish them all the best.

Thanks Danny for the winner at Celtic

And kujabi could take a great free kick :cb

Right decision by the club

brydekirk
18-01-2013, 08:07 AM
Has this been confirmed anywhere ?

RCNG
18-01-2013, 08:19 AM
Sad to see Danny go. Could've still had something to give especially in this team.

Ozyhibby
18-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Sad to see Danny go. Could've still had something to give especially in this team.

They've not gone yet. Doubt there will be any demand for their services so I think they will be here till summer.

Gatecrasher
18-01-2013, 08:35 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/hibs-look-to-next-season-with-deal-for-liam-craig-1-2745094

Meanwhile, both winger Danny Galbraith and full-back Pa Kujabi have been told they can find new clubs. Kujabi has only featured in one match since his disastrous Scottish Cup final contribution against Hearts – when he was sent off after conceding the penalty for Hearts’ third goal in the 5-1 defeat. “Danny has been training with Dunfermline and he is looking to get another cub at the moment.
“Pa has not been in the team and not been around the squad in the while,” said Fenlon. “We’ve also said to Pa that you can find yourself somewhere else. It’s difficult with Pa, because he has a fantastic attitude to the game but it’s been difficult for him to get in the team. With Ivan Sproule moving on, we would like to bring someone in to replace him. And we’ve got to see where we’re going with Jorge to see if he stays. If he goes, we’ll need to replace him, as well. You are always looking, not necessarily just for this window, but for the end of the season, as well. So you’ve got to keep doing that as a manager.”

CRAZYHIBBY
18-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Kujabi was never a defender imo......would liked to have seen him as a winger but after his cup final display there was never going to be any way back for him

SMAXXA
18-01-2013, 08:53 AM

I don't understand comments like this,he done the square route of **** all when he had his chance and showed nothing to suggest he would have something to give IMO

A strange one that he's been training with Dunfermline, I wonder what happened that resulted in a contracted player training with another club. Maybe some of the rumours re him being told to stay aware are true.

Good luck to both if they go

Wilson
18-01-2013, 08:56 AM

Disagree. He isn't going to help us get where we want to be. Trading the weaker links in our team for the likes of Liam Craig might. DG has shown nothing so we'd be well rid.

Just_Jimmy
18-01-2013, 09:03 AM
If we shift both of these then they should combine their wage and sign one player who will add something and contribute.

Aldo
18-01-2013, 09:06 AM

Give what exactly. Barring his goal at dark heid he's brought nowt to the team.

Given an extended contract by coco the clown on what basis??

Sorry but utter garbage and glad to see him go

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Disagree. He isn't going to help us get where we want to be. Trading the weaker links in our team for the likes of Liam Craig might. DG has shown nothing so we'd be well rid.

Liam Craig is a left sided Midfielder, and a huge improvement on Galbraith. 1 goal and a couple of crosses in his time at the club puts him up there with Alan O'Brien as a complete waste of money from start to finish. :rolleyes:

Hainan Hibs
18-01-2013, 09:09 AM
I always thought Galbraith could've become a decent first team player but he never impressed when given a chance (apart from his Celtic Park goal). Happy to see him leave if the wage is put towards bringing in a first team regular.

Kujabi, after his final performance, shoud be released straight into a Lothian and Borders police cell for the crime of impersonating a footballer.

hibsbollah
18-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Kujabi was never a defender imo......would liked to have seen him as a winger but after his cup final display there was never going to be any way back for him

In a nutshell :agree:

Galbraith had plenty of chances and never looked like a player really. Seemed a popular figure in the dressing room and a good guy so goodluck to him though...

SMAXXA
18-01-2013, 09:17 AM
I always thought Galbraith could've become a decent first team player but he never impressed when given a chance (apart from his Celtic Park goal). Happy to see him leave if the wage is put towards bringing in a first team regular.

Kujabi, after his final performance, shoud be released straight into a Lothian and Borders police cell for the crime of impersonating a footballer.

Lol, seriously tho I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a bigger scapegoat than PA for his final display. Don't get me wrong he was guff, as were many I may add but he's taken it well tight lol.

Never have I seen of such an ending to a club career as that day.

Thomson
18-01-2013, 09:20 AM
Give what exactly. Barring his goal at dark heid he's brought nowt to the team.

Given an extended contract by coco the clown on what basis??

Sorry but utter garbage and glad to see him go

Do not agree with this in the slightest. I think he had quite a lot to offer, unfortunately for him, and for us, he was never 100% fit. I wish him all the best and hope he one day gets his chance to prove that he does have something.

Kujabi is a player i've never rated, so good luck to him too.

Hainan Hibs
18-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Lol, seriously tho I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a bigger scapegoat than PA for his final display. Don't get me wrong he was guff, as were many I may add but he's taken it well tight lol.

Never have I seen of such an ending to a club career as that day.

Aye fair point, Pat did get it tight, but in my defence Jorge was number one in my target list for Cup Final abuse and everyone else got a fair amount too :greengrin

worcesterhibby
18-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Galbraith can go, never really did anything and was given plenty of chances. I feel a bit sorry for Kujabi as he seems a decent footballer when going forward and obviously has the right attitude in training. He is just a million miles away from being a defender and the Final finished him for Hibs supporters. Still I suspect with his work ethic he will find another club..not su sure about Galbraith he'll need to take a couple of steps down the ladder I think, which won't suit him with his Man Utd background.

kentao
18-01-2013, 09:41 AM
One of the guys i work with is good pals with Kujabi and said he was gutted about the cup final and was sorry for his display, Hes been training hard to get back into the squad to try and rectify THAT day but if rumors are true then its not to be.

Apart from the cup final i though Kujabi could have done well in the wide midfield role. He had bags of energy, pretty quick and abit of skill just need someone solid behind him like wee Lewis or Mcgivern.

I used to see Danny in Waverley station and was a decent down to earth guy so good luck to both of them.

scoopyboy
18-01-2013, 09:53 AM

Football Manager is the place where Danny is most liable to shine, you don't get injured the same as you do in real life.

Sad for him in that he should have been a top player, however he never will be which is a shame for the guy.

However IMO he has brought a lot of it on himself.

Jones28
18-01-2013, 09:56 AM
I'm sorry but the amount of blame being heaped onto pkj for the cup final is outrageous. He might aswell have scored 5 own goals. He gave away a "penalty" ffs - one that totally conned the referee. I for one am sad that he has been treated so poorly, as he looked like a new David murphy when he first arrived.

Galbraith looked promising but seems to have gone downhill since his goal at Celtic park. It's a shame but I'm sure he will find another club.

Aldo
18-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Do not agree with this in the slightest. I think he had quite a lot to offer, unfortunately for him, and for us, he was never 100% fit. I wish him all the best and hope he one day gets his chance to prove that he does have something.

Kujabi is a player i've never rated, so good luck to him too.

Evidence is there. Did nowt for me bar that goal!! Brought nothing to the team. Big big difference of alledgedly being quality and producing it on the park (where it matters).

My opinion mind!

Thomson
18-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Evidence is there. Did nowt for me bar that goal!! Brought nothing to the team. Big big difference of alledgedly being quality and producing it on the park (where it matters).

My opinion mind!

I think you kinda explained my point for me. :wink: You're right, he did nothing but that goal, but what i am saying is that he was never fully fit enough to show what he could do. :greengrin

JimBHibees
18-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Liam Craig is a left sided Midfielder, and a huge improvement on Galbraith. 1 goal and a couple of crosses in his time at the club puts him up there with Alan O'Brien as a complete waste of money from start to finish. :rolleyes:

Spot on.

micka_weer
18-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Am sorry it's not worked out for Kujabi, hoped he might be the next 'cult' legend. Hope it works out for him elsewhere, all the best

EdinMike
18-01-2013, 10:34 AM

My opinion mind!

And no one remembers how useless he was before that goal.. His warm up was pretty lack-luster !!

--------
18-01-2013, 10:45 AM
Long overdue for both IMO.

Ozyhibby
18-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Don't think I saw Galbraith even attempt to beat a man during his Hibs career, never mind actually accomplish it.
He has been dire from start to finish and it amazes me we kept him so long.
It's only because he trained at Man U as a youngster that people come on here and say that they thought he would come good.
Dreadful player for Hibs and to be honest I can't see a future for him in the professional game.
Like all former players I'll wish him well when he goes sooner rather than later.

Beefster
18-01-2013, 11:18 AM
No chance of either of the two of them finding another club before the end of their contracts unless they're willing to drop in quality/pay.

J-C
18-01-2013, 11:28 AM
I take it they have both been paid off contract wise, with only 4 months left, I'd assume that's the case, if rumours are true and Danny didn't want to take a pay off earlier this season, what's stopping him this time unless it's a full pay off.
Galbraith did nowt apart from 1 thing and Kujabi may have been fairly talented but had big game issues and his bottle went far to easily.

trev the hat
18-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Any player who has had chances and is not injured & is not considered for the squad I'm happy to see of the wage bill. Making that happen may be more difficult to realise.
Best wishes to both players.

StarMan10
18-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Really disagree with people who think kujabi could have been a decent winger. However much of trier he is, his footballing ability was clearly not the best.

Hope he finds a new club though, seems like a nice guy.

BEEJ
18-01-2013, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry but the amount of blame being heaped onto pkj for the cup final is outrageous. He might aswell have scored 5 own goals. He gave away a "penalty" ffs - one that totally conned the referee. I for one am sad that he has been treated so poorly, as he looked like a new David murphy when he first arrived. .
Think it was PK's poor positioning that played them onside for their first goal as well, as I recall.

silverhibee
18-01-2013, 12:56 PM
A lot of folk on here wishing them the best, have they left club or just been told that they can both leave if they can find other clubs. :confused:

What happens if they don't/can't find another club to go to, do Hibs pay them of or do they sit in the stand until the summer. ?

JimBHibees
18-01-2013, 12:59 PM
A lot of folk on here wishing them the best, have they left club or just been told that they can both leave if they can find other clubs. :confused:

What happens if they don't/can't find another club to go to, do Hibs pay them of or do they sit in the stand until the summer. ?

From what I can see being told to try and find other clubs as you indicate actually leaving are two different things.

steviej147
18-01-2013, 01:00 PM
its confirmed in een

IWasThere2016
18-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Neither a loss.

steviej147
18-01-2013, 01:04 PM
i got my ass chewed by folk on this forum saying it would not happen and would cost the club to much, as both have at least 6 months off contract still to run.oh wait a minute both have been told they can leave the club.galbraith is training with the pars and has been since start of the season.:flag::pfgwa

JimBHibees
18-01-2013, 01:05 PM
i got my ass chewed by folk on this forum saying it would not happen and would cost the club to much, as both have at least 6 months off contract still to run.oh wait a minute both have been told they can leave the club.galbraith is training with the pars and has been since start of the season.:flag::pfgwa

They haven't actually left though have they.

--------
18-01-2013, 01:15 PM

No. About the only place I could see either of them ending up would be Hartlepool.

Real fitba' folks ken whit Ah'm talking aboot. :devil:

steviej147
18-01-2013, 01:19 PM
i didnt say they had left the club,i said they should be released so thier wages could be used for decent players wages and got tore to shreds.but look both have been told they can leave .so its all good maybe get craig in this window hopefully.:pfgwa

Stevie Reid
18-01-2013, 01:23 PM
i didnt say they had left the club,i said they should be released so thier wages could be used for decent players wages and got tore to shreds.but look both have been told they can leave .so its all good maybe get craig in this window hopefully.:pfgwa

Being told they can leave means that they can go for free to any club who wants them - if no one wants them, we'll be paying them until the end of their contract. If we were to release them from their contracts we would have to reach an agreement with the respective players to pay a certain amount of the remainder of their contracts.

Bishop Hibee
18-01-2013, 01:24 PM
No. About the only place I could see either of them ending up would be Hartlepool.

Real fitba' folks ken whit Ah'm talking aboot. :devil:

:tsk tsk: :greengrin Not sure which one would do the Mascot's job better.

Galbraith flattered to deceive, Kujabi simply wasn't a defender. Having said that he was vilified in the final for what should have been given as a foul outside the box after being booked for nothing given what Hertz players had being getting away with before. Soares and Osbourne however make my blood boil when I think about their pathetic efforts in that game :fuming:

Beefster
18-01-2013, 01:43 PM

What's the difference between leaving the club and being released? Neither of which has happened incidentally.

GordonHFC
18-01-2013, 01:45 PM
What's the difference between leaving the club and being released? Neither of which has happened incidentally.

I would imagine being released is getting told to bolt now and being told you can leave means you will still get paid until you find somewhere else to go.

SteveHFC
18-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Cheers Galbraith for the winner at Parkhead and Cheers Kujabi for **** all :aok:

basehibby
18-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Kujabi did a job for us against the weaker teams but, unfortunately, was ripped for erse paper whenever we played a top 6 side with a half decent winger - not good enough I'm afraid but I'll always remember his superb ball to GOC against Aberdeen that helped us into the Cup Final rather than the penalty that never should have been.

Galbraith had plenty chances to shine but has never looked more than average since his spectacular goal at Parkhead.

Time for both to move on - good luck to em! :hibees

Stevie Reid
18-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Kujabi did a job for us against the weaker teams but, unfortunately, was ripped for erse paper whenever we played a top 6 side with a half decent winger - not good enough I'm afraid but I'll always remember his superb ball to GOC against Aberdeen that helped us into the Cup Final rather than the penalty that never should have been.

Galbraith had plenty chances to shine but has never looked more than average since his spectacular goal at Parkhead.

Time for both to move on - good luck to em! :hibees

Bizarrely, Kujbabi handled James Dayton (who had ripped Booth for @rse paper earlier in the season) superbly on his debut, but looked very questionable defensively after that.

scoopyboy
18-01-2013, 04:04 PM

Hibs will be paying them and they can sit in the stand if they either pay in or get comps from players.

I would be surprised but delighted if both left in January.

hibsbollah
18-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Bizarrely, Kujbabi handled James Dayton (who had ripped Booth for @rse paper earlier in the season) superbly on his debut, but looked very questionable defensively after that.

:agree: he had an excellent debut, I thought we had a new Agathe on our hands:I'm waiti

.Sean.
18-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Good riddance to Kujabi. He's about as much of a footballer as I am a basketballer.

Hibeescott
18-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Danny Galbraith was training with Dunfermline as far back as 2 months ago. Told the players there that Hibs had messed him about big style! Probably just bitter.

He was always someone who, when coming off the bench, looked great and I was scratching my head wondering why he wasn't starting games. But then when he did start games he didn't make the most of the chance.

Like others, I was there that night at Celtic Park, great memories!

scoopyboy
18-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Good riddance to Kujabi. He's about as much of a footballer as I am a basketballer.

He's no away mate.

silverhibee
18-01-2013, 05:23 PM

They have been told by the club they can leave, that is true, but they haven't left the club yet, if they were being paid off then surely it would have been done on the 1st of January, it is now the 18th of January and it seems the two of them are in no hurry to leave the club.

It really wouldn't surprise me that the two of them are here until the summer, they will never get the kind of money they are on again at another club.

And if we don't get to keep Claros then we have a player in Jimmy Scott to replace him, can't see Ross County wanting to keep him and he is another player we will not be able to afford to pay him off, think we are stuck with the three of them.

Nailrod
18-01-2013, 05:26 PM

Kujabi is a player i've never rated, so good luck to him too.I remember seeing DG on what I'm pretty sure was his debut. He came on as a sub on the left wing and the first time he got the ball he went past the defender like it was a traffic cone. He looked fast, skillful, and aggressive. I thought to myself "At last, weve found a player..."

He never lived up to my hopes, but then neither did Paul Hartley. Remember what a 'rubbish player' he was at ER?

When a player with talent fails to make it at a club, I would say the responsibility is probably 50-50.

silverhibee
18-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Hibs will be paying them and they can sit in the stand if they either pay in or get comps from players.

I would be surprised but delighted if both left in January.

Surely Pa is still part of the squad and PF spoke well of him today Scoops, surely he would not have a problem getting in to ER as a player of the club.

I can see the problem with DG, not welcome.

Agree with your second sentence, but probably like you i think they will see there contracts out at Hibs along with Jimmy Scott, they will never make the kind of money they are getting from Hibs again in there career and probably know it. So they will sit it out i think at Hibs, big winner is Scott.

HibbyKeith
18-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Surely Pa is still part of the squad and PF spoke well of him today Scoops, surely he would not have a problem getting in to ER as a player of the club.

I can see the problem with DG, not welcome.

Agree with your second sentence, but probably like you i think they will see there contracts out at Hibs along with Jimmy Scott, they will never make the kind of money they are getting from Hibs again in there career and probably know it. So they will sit it out i think at Hibs, big winner is Scott.

Direct quote from PF below mate when questioned yesterday on Hibernian TV.

"Danny has been training at Dunfermline for the last few weeks, he's looking to get himself another club at the moment. Pa has been a little bit different, he's been around the squad training away and working hard, but he's found it difficult to get into the team this year, and again a bit like Ivan he needs to and wants to play, so Pa's maybe looking at the moment to get himself somewhere else to play, But like I've said about Pa and I said about Ivan..If that doesn't happen come the end of January, then he's a great professional, he's great around the place, and we'll get on with it and you never know in football what happens down the road."

Jonnyboy
18-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Football Manager is the place where Danny is most liable to shine, you don't get injured the same as you do in real life.

Sad for him in that he should have been a top player, however he never will be which is a shame for the guy.

However IMO he has brought a lot of it on himself.

:agree:

SMAXXA
18-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Danny Galbraith was training with Dunfermline as far back as 2 months ago. Told the players there that Hibs had messed him about big style! Probably just bitter.

He was always someone who, when coming off the bench, looked great and I was scratching my head wondering why he wasn't starting games. But then when he did start games he didn't make the most of the chance.

Like others, I was there that night at Celtic Park, great memories!

Certainly not something I feel could be said about him, Ivan in his prime coming of the bench yes, Galbraith na not for me. Great and him in a footballing sence dont go together in any capacity IMO

jabis
18-01-2013, 09:51 PM
when players come to Hibs,they don't expect cup finals,and all the guff that comes with it,some were caught out.
all the best to the guys.

stoneyburn hibs
18-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Cheers Galbraith for the winner at Parkhead and Cheers Kujabi for **** all :aok:

:agree: All that needs to be said

MWHIBBIES
19-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Sad to see Danny go. Could've still had something to give especially in this team.He really really couldn't. Poor player with the heart of a mouse.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Galbraith just didn't deliver. Was supposed to have a lot of promise but we never really saw it. We have had a few players fall into that category, but it happens at all clubs.

hfc rd
19-01-2013, 10:51 AM
Both players made a first good impression when they arrived. Galbraith looked decent when he used to come off the bench but as time went on, you knew that he wasn't good enough.

Kujabi's debut against Killie was excellent and his performance against the sheep in the Scottish Cup semi was good as well. But the rest of his performances were very poor. Only two good performances out of sixteen games ain't good enough.