View Full Version : NHC Best John McGlynn Interview Ever!!

17-01-2013, 10:39 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/21067118

Imagine if this was PF speaking like this!!

17-01-2013, 10:45 PM
The financial problems don't affect him, his wife has a job.

Shame it's at Blockbusters.

17-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Ken what I mean

17-01-2013, 10:49 PM
What lunge by mcpake is he slavering about

Archie70
17-01-2013, 10:50 PM
You know, I'd like to eh, you know, know how many, you know times he eh, you know says you know! (apart from the time he says you ken then corrects himself).
He's actually screwing his face up as he tries to think of the answers!
He must wear slip on shoes!

17-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Ken what I mean

Ken what a mean, ken what a mean?

Dinnae ken what a mole hole is anyway ken, eh.

17-01-2013, 10:52 PM

The stonewall penalty/red card that they never got at the PBS, ken what a mean.

17-01-2013, 10:53 PM

I ken what you mean

17-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Shame on you all! The guy clearly has learning difficulties.

17-01-2013, 10:59 PM

When McPake tracked him back, slid to block to shot/cross, lost the ball Driver missed and his momentum took him into the player. In Jamspeak, lunge, defo pen, career threatening, and typical Hibs strong arm tactics against the shrinking violets that are and have ever been heartofmidlothianfooballteam. :dunno:

17-01-2013, 11:00 PM

That lunge, ye ken, that could've, ken eh, broke wee pare scott's leg, ken, even though, ye ken, mcpake missed him, and he managed tae play another oor of the game ken, before getting injured, in a completely different incident ken.

17-01-2013, 11:02 PM
I don't even know what the politically correct name for a John Mcglynn is these days.

Archie70
17-01-2013, 11:03 PM

He's a joke.

It's one of the few occasions when Hearts fans deserve credit, even they seem to realise this.

Of course Vlads trained seals will just accept him though as they accept every stunt he pulls on them. That, and they can't afford to sack him.

17-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Heaven forbid that we're letting working-class Scottish guys be managers of football teams nowadays. If we have to stoop that low, we should insist that they have elocution lessons. :rolleyes:

davym7062
mountain out a molehole :greengrin hes a fud

I mean, do we really need this thread?

Just gives all of us .netters the opportunity to make a mountain out of a molehole.

17-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Heaven forbid that we're letting working-class Scottish guys be managers of football teams nowadays. If we have to stoop that low, we should insist that they have elocution lessons. :rolleyes:

Think it's more that he's an idiot than that he's working class Scottish, non?

Silversand
17-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Reporter : "John - is this the youngest Hearts team ever?"

JM : "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

:dizzy:

17-01-2013, 11:07 PM

JM : "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

17-01-2013, 11:08 PM

Slagging the boy for the way he speaks suggests otherwise. I'm just saying, likes....

17-01-2013, 11:09 PM

It's ironic - McGlynn's head looks like a potato, and he's an utter roaster too.

renato
17-01-2013, 11:10 PM

Yep. An idiot with a) selective memory and b) a massive merrick sized chip on his shoulder re Hibs.

If he was our manager I'd be on wounded cringe by now.

17-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Slagging the boy for the way he speaks suggests otherwise. I'm just saying, likes....

Are you suggesting that working class Scottish folk can't speak properly? Bit of an offensive generalisation imho.

17-01-2013, 11:13 PM
Will you listen to yourselves? It's not big and it's not clever to take the piss out of those less fortunate and those with learning difficulties. Leave John Monglynn alone.

17-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Are you suggesting that working class Scottish folk can't speak properly? Bit of an offensive generalisation imho.

Eh? That's not what I'm saying - quite the opposite - my first post was prompted by the slagging he was taking for saying "you ken".

Archie70
17-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Meanwhile over on Brokeback the Yams have a thread on the same interview and are praising him for "acting with a touch of class". :confused::confused:

17-01-2013, 11:16 PM

"Ken what a mean bla bla ken what a mean bla bla ken what a mean bla bla ken what a mean" isn't the speech of a working class Scot, it's the speech of an idiot! :wink:

17-01-2013, 11:19 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/21067118

Imagine if this was PF speaking like this!!what you expecting from someone who dresses like this?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/fester.jpg

17-01-2013, 11:19 PM
I don't even know what the politically correct name for a John Mcglynn is these days.

I believe its '****ing bellend' :agree:

17-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Meanwhile over on Brokeback the Yams have a thread on the same interview and are praising him for "acting with a touch of class". :confused::confused:

TBF it's the first manager they've had for a while that makes any sense to them. He uses "eh" a lot. Got a dig in at 2 hibbys. Inferred they were being hard done by so playing to the paranoid and can speak a foreign language - check his pronunciation of Touill. To them he is a God but many of them are dyslexic.

17-01-2013, 11:23 PM

:greengrin:greengrin

HibeeN
17-01-2013, 11:28 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

17-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Eh? That's not what I'm saying - quite the opposite - my first post was prompted by the slagging he was taking for saying "you ken".

But you first associated the slagging with working class Scots. Nobody mentioned that before you, so what else were you meaning if it wasn't that working class Scots spoke like that?

Mister P
17-01-2013, 11:29 PM

what...that chalenge put him out for over two weeks? pish! the mans a slavering idiot!

17-01-2013, 11:38 PM
But you first associated the slagging with working class Scots. Nobody mentioned that before you, so what else were you meaning if it wasn't that working class Scots spoke like that?

Away, man. That's not what I was saying. I was taken aback how folk were having a go at him - difficult to tell where they were coming from in print but I was taking it as folk suggesting he should be speaking something nearer to the Queen's English. If I've expressed that in a way that makes you think I was generalising then sorry, but I wasn't.

17-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Away, man. That's not what I was saying. I was taken aback how folk were having a go at him - difficult to tell where they were coming from in print but I was taking it as folk suggesting he should be speaking something nearer to the Queen's English. If I've expressed that in a way that makes you think I was generalising then sorry, but I wasn't.
:aok: Cool.

I think folk are ripping because he's a massive bell-end.:greengrin

17-01-2013, 11:47 PM
"Waffle (help!) Hibs waffle Hibs waffle - joke! - we're going to get tanked this weekend!"

Did I miss anything?

17-01-2013, 11:50 PM
"Waffle (help!) Hibs waffle Hibs waffle - joke! - we're going to get tanked this weekend!"

Did I miss anything?

Yes, a massive amount of kens and ehs. Apart from that pretty much spot on.

18-01-2013, 12:24 AM
I'm going to be a bit provocative here and state: I quite like McGlynn. Yes, he's obviously not comfortable in front of the camera, and he clearly doesn't know much about the inner control and workings of the club - no Hearts manager under Vlad has done, but he's drawn the short straw as he has no money like the others did. Yes, his attempts to play to the Yam gallery are a bit ham fisted, but he's a genuine Jambo through and through. And granted, he is a classless fud, but as I said, he's a genuine Jambo through and through.

VickMackie
18-01-2013, 12:25 AM

Electrocution lessons mare like.

SurferRosa
18-01-2013, 01:32 AM
what you expecting from someone who dresses like this?

:faf::faf:...jist ****** stop it... :faf: .....:faf:

18-01-2013, 01:49 AM
'He's still recovering from the lunge from McPake' I know McGlynn has the sum total of half a brain cell and even that is corrupted with Yamitis but how on Earth he believes that is ridiculous. I think I have seen floating turds in a urinal that are more intelligent than him. Not that it would be hard...

18-01-2013, 02:01 AM
I'm going to be a bit provocative here and state: I quite like McGlynn. Yes, he's obviously not comfortable in front of the camera, and he clearly doesn't know much about the inner control and workings of the club - no Hearts manager under Vlad has done, but he's drawn the short straw as he has no money like the others did. Yes, his attempts to play to the Yam gallery are a bit ham fisted, but he's a genuine Jambo through and through. And granted, he is a classless fud, but as I said, he's a genuine Jambo through and through.

I like him as well and I hope he remains in his position for years to come

18-01-2013, 02:33 AM
I agree that working class Scots deserve more respect.

However, McGlynn isn't a working class man, he's a volunteer. But he isn't one of those good Samaritan types, he's one of those idiotic types that only does voluntary work so that the dole people will go easy on him.

I can just picture him turning up at the Job Centre in his tracky bottoms and top, with his NY cap fully bent and firmly on his bald noggin. He'll tell them "Ah dinne need tae find work, coz a work voluntary doon by tynecastle. Ken wit a mean"?

mad giraffe
18-01-2013, 02:43 AM
Has he apolgised for that laddy trying to break mcpakes leg yet? No
He gives an interview like someone dragged out of a gorgie boozer. The mans an eejit waiting on a fax machine
Suppose that's just my opinion!

18-01-2013, 03:02 AM
hahahaha dunno why but soon as i saw his face started pmsl, what a tit

JMac
18-01-2013, 04:06 AM
He's an ********, ken wit a mean?

18-01-2013, 06:10 AM
A new Malofeev is born

18-01-2013, 06:50 AM
I don't think Mensa are going to be troubled with an application from a Mr J McGylnn.

Drem
18-01-2013, 06:51 AM
:greengrin:greengrin

If this is their youngest team ever, I would be watching for phone calls from Craig Thomson begging to be allowed to come back to tynie.:wink:

18-01-2013, 06:55 AM
I agree that working class Scots deserve more respect.

However, McGlynn isn't a working class man, he's a volunteer. But he isn't one of those good Samaritan types, he's one of those idiotic types that only does voluntary work so that the dole people will go easy on him.

I can just picture him turning up at the Job Centre in his tracky bottoms and top, with his NY cap fully bent and firmly on his bald noggin. He'll tell them "Ah dinne need tae find work, coz a work voluntary doon by tynecastle. Ken wit a mean"?

I could see 'the volunteer' catching on.

18-01-2013, 07:25 AM
I don't think Mensa are going to be troubled with an application from a Mr J McGylnn.

Mencap might though :greengrin

18-01-2013, 07:49 AM
What a fanny , he really grates me.

18-01-2013, 08:11 AM
There are f***wits who call other f***wits a Mcglynn when they want to rip the pish out of them.

When folk get under 10 on their i.q. tests it's known as 'getting a Mcglynn'.

Blondes tell Mcglynn jokes.

Two short planks are less thick than Mcglynn.

18-01-2013, 08:16 AM
I'd quite like to be a fly on the wall during a conversation between him and Yogi Hughes. That would worth hearing.

RCNG
18-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Ken what ah mean?

18-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Anyone else get bored and watch Neil Robertsons wonder shot in the linked videos instead?

legends of 73
18-01-2013, 08:43 AM

Baldy fat barsteward or is that not very pc:greengrin:greengrin

18-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Ken what ah mean?

Whats wrong with saying that, most folk i know in Edinburgh say ken what a mean? :confused:

18-01-2013, 08:51 AM
Apart from the dig bout mcpake , it was an ok interview.

He knows he is ******, the team are ****** but he is just getting on with it

18-01-2013, 09:04 AM
I was having a wee read throo' this thread while listnin tae the video, I cannae watch it ! Ken ? And I was gonnae make a a Yogi comment, how he was aw' col... collo... collokweehal !

But the guys an idiot, really.

18-01-2013, 09:07 AM
There are f***wits who call other f***wits a Mcglynn when they want to rip the pish out of them.

When folk get under 10 on their i.q. tests it's known as 'getting a Mcglynn'.

Blondes tell Mcglynn jokes.

Two short planks are less thick than Mcglynn.

If you asked McGlynn for a penny for his thoughts you'd get change :agree:

18-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Whats wrong with saying that, most folk i know in Edinburgh say ken what a mean? :confused:

Most wouldn't say it whilst representing their employers in a professional capacity in a public setting.

18-01-2013, 09:38 AM
My italian girlfriend saw me watching an interview of John McGlynn once and asked "Is that Gaelic he is speaking?":greengrin

Her guess was as good as mine:greengrin

patch1875
18-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Thicker than a dockers piece

18-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Apart from the dig bout mcpake , it was an ok interview.

He knows he is ******, the team are ****** but he is just getting on with it

Yep, kind of agree with that. Couldn't help himself with the McPake comment though, and it went from a bit of banter to him showing himself to be the deeply classless Hearts Fud that he undoubtedly is.

18-01-2013, 10:08 AM
I counted 30 "yknows", along with 5 or so minutes of bull****

18-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Most wouldn't say it whilst representing their employers in a professional capacity in a public setting.
Its one thing talking like that to your pals, Speaking like that to the national press....

18-01-2013, 10:54 AM
I'd quite like to be a fly on the wall during a conversation between him and Yogi Hughes. That would worth hearing.

Ah ken whit yeh mean. Like. :devil:

How do you make a mountain out of a mole-hole?

swanny 6-2
18-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Has this half-wit ever done an interview without the words hibs,Hibernian,hibby or hibees:confused:

18-01-2013, 11:15 AM

Brilliant. :greengrin

18-01-2013, 11:23 AM
My four year old is more articulate than that roaster.

18-01-2013, 11:29 AM

Sorry, davy. Missed your post. Great minds think alike.

McGlynn just opens his mouth and lets his belly rumble.

18-01-2013, 11:34 AM
No class - is there any need to mention McPake at all ?Why not just mention the yam player is injured following the derby ?:rolleyes: Sour grapes ?

I am hoping he stays at the yams as manager as I do think he is very limited and he's never beaten us - compare him to Sergio and I am still amazed Sergio stayed around for so long.

If I was a yams fan I would be cringing at that interview - he's obviously the cheap option and really doesn't come across as inspiring.

Just another trumpet to add to the list of yams over the years :lolyam:

18-01-2013, 12:09 PM

It's not the way he says it, it's what he says. Being working class does not mean you are stupid, neither is it an excuse for stupidity.

Where are all these middle class football managers anyway? Or are they just working class guys that are guilty of having gone to school?

18-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Classic from a yam at work today 'at least you can understand what McGlynns saying, no like Fenlon'.

Words failed me.

18-01-2013, 12:47 PM

If this has become a hibs.net in joke then I'll just retire now. My work here is done. :greengrin

NGP
18-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Classic from a yam at work today 'at least you can understand what McGlynns saying, no like Fenlon'.

Words failed me.

Fenlon has a thick Irish accent, McGlynn is just thick.

18-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Shame on you all! The guy clearly has learning difficulties.

:tsk tsk:

Silly comment. Just thank your lucky self that you do not have a family member who has learning difficultties. not a laughing matter.

18-01-2013, 01:10 PM

18-01-2013, 01:13 PM
:tsk tsk:

Silly comment. Just thank your lucky self that you do not have a family member who has learning difficultties. not a laughing matter.

McGlynn is a 'tard...simples

18-01-2013, 01:15 PM

Ah ken what yi mean BH. :agree:

18-01-2013, 01:18 PM
what you expecting from someone who dresses like this?

An offer to watch my car? Some cheese, or other choried goods at knock down prices?

18-01-2013, 01:19 PM
I didn't find his interview that interesting, however I do now have the inclination to buy a lot of Adidas gear with money I've just borrowed from Wonga #impressionable

18-01-2013, 01:21 PM
McGlynn is a 'tard...simples

Sorry, but I really don't like the use of the words '******' or 'tard' as terms of abuse.

I'm old enough to remember when any kid born with Downs Syndrome or cerebral palsy etc would be called reterded, or ******* or mongol. Some people applied it to kids who'd had polio too. It wasn't right then and it isn't right now.

McGlynn is McGlynn, thick, arrogant, and terminally inarticulate. A Jambo, in other words.

18-01-2013, 01:22 PM
It's hard to hate someone who provides so much laughter and good times for us hibees while at the same time enraging hearts fans with his diabolical management skills. Any attempt to have a dig at our club or players just needs to be laughed off.

18-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Sorry, but I really don't like the use of the words '******' or 'tard' as terms of abuse.

I'm old enough to remember when any kid born with Downs Syndrome or cerebral palsy etc would be called reterded, or ******* or mongol. Some people applied it to kids who'd had polio too. It wasn't right then and it isn't right now.

McGlynn is McGlynn, thick, arrogant, and terminally inarticulate. A Jambo, in other words.

Agree with the point you're making, though am pretty sure that when you were young it was completely correct to refer to people with cerebral palsy as *******s. The *******s Society was founded with the aim of assisting people with cerebral palsy.

18-01-2013, 01:31 PM

He was employed with that accent, cant see the problem with that? I can pick faults in what he says, but not his dialect.

Pat Fenlon says things with an Oirish accent, why are we not picking up on that? :confused:

18-01-2013, 01:36 PM

It's what you said.

Inverted snobbery - you're guilty.

HibeeN
18-01-2013, 01:41 PM
He was employed with that accent, cant see the problem with that? I can pick faults in what he says, but not his dialect.

Pat Fenlon says things with an Oirish accent, why are we not picking up on that? :confused:

Not to mention some of Cairney's interviews :greengrin

18-01-2013, 01:44 PM

I wouldn't dream of calling a mentally handicapped person any of these names but I take your point.

18-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Not to mention some of Cairney's interviews :greengrin

:greengrin His interviews are quality.

18-01-2013, 01:52 PM
He could speak like Noel Coward but he'll always be a hertz trumpet

18-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Who does Noel Coward manage?

18-01-2013, 02:10 PM
My italian girlfriend saw me watching an interview of John McGlynn once and asked "Is that Gaelic he is speaking?":greengrin

Her guess was as good as mine:greengrin

You've got an Italian girlfriend? :shocked:

joe_hfc
18-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Always thought that he looked a bit like Diglett (http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/33/5a1b9862fc5c4f37b35071a32cb782a2/l.jpg). Both look scoobied with their beady eyes and round heads.

I don't care about how he talks, more what he says is just crap!

Baker9
18-01-2013, 02:18 PM
I watched the video expecting to see someone making a right a*** of himself. It's no wonder he hates us if we can drag up as much vitriol from what seemed a reasonably good interview. I've never met the man but on that showing I would say he's an ok guy with a good sense of humour, definitely from a working class background and not the brightest, but certainly not worth embarrasing ourselves with such a schoolboy thread.

18-01-2013, 02:19 PM

Celtc fan. :agree:

18-01-2013, 02:20 PM

When Bill Shankly spoke, he didn't use an Oxbridge accent, he sometimes mangled his words. It was always clear what he meant. McGlynn, fumbles for a point to his answers. The way he keeps using "ye ken" seems to me, that he doesn't and that he is inviting the listener to fill in the bit of his statement that he hasn't figured out.

The fun with McGlynn is that he squirms to avoid answering awkward questions. Rather than do the sensible thing, like Shanks might have, and say nowt he digs himself into a bigger hole, by trying to defend the indefensible.

It might be possible to have some sympathy for the guy, if it wasn't for the fact that he turns on the interviewer when he is uncomfortable with the question. McGlynn is a Scottish Vikki Pollard.

It's what you said.

Inverted snobbery - you're guilty.

Paolo Sergio was working class Portugese, yet he never managed to offend Hibs supporters. I think McGlynn needs a wee bit of help before press conferences, maybe if Gary Locke was to sit beside him, eating an apple, he might have more chance.

I watched the video expecting to see someone making a right a*** of himself. It's no wonder he hates us if we can drag up as much vitriol from what seemed a reasonably good interview. I've never met the man but on that showing I would say he's an ok guy with a good sense of humour, definitely from a working class background and not the brightest, but certainly not worth embarrasing ourselves with such a schoolboy thread.

You didn't hear him mention McPake then?

IndieHibby
Listening to him is like walking through treacle.

18-01-2013, 02:22 PM

I bet he loves his old mum. :rolleyes:

18-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Who does Noel Coward manage?

Wormwood Scrubs

18-01-2013, 02:44 PM
When Bill Shankly spoke, he didn't use an Oxbridge accent, he sometimes mangled his words. It was always clear what he meant. McGlynn, fumbles for a point to his answers. The way he keeps using "ye ken" seems to me, that he doesn't and that he is inviting the listener to fill in the bit of his statement that he hasn't figured out.

The fun with McGlynn is that he squirms to avoid answering awkward questions. Rather than do the sensible thing, like Shanks might have, and say nowt he digs himself into a bigger hole, by trying to defend the indefensible.

It might be possible to have some sympathy for the guy, if it wasn't for the fact that he turns on the interviewer when he is uncomfortable with the question. McGlynn is a Scottish Vikki Pollard.

Paolo Sergio was working class Portugese, yet he never managed to offend Hibs supporters. I think McGlynn needs a wee bit of help before press conferences, maybe if Gary Locke was to sit beside him, eating an apple, he might have more chance.

:greengrin:faf::faf:

I see a song for the next derby here...

18-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Always thought that he looked a bit like Diglett (http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/33/5a1b9862fc5c4f37b35071a32cb782a2/l.jpg). Both look scoobied with their beady eyes and round heads.

I don't care about how he talks, more what he says is just crap!

In that case I really hope he doesn't evolve..

18-01-2013, 03:38 PM
:greengrin:faf::faf:

I see a song for the next derby here...

Yeah...but......nooooo......but

18-01-2013, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't dream of calling a mentally handicapped person any of these names but I take your point.

I understand that - it's an age thing. Folks think of it as just a word these days, but when I was a kid it was used quite commonly to put people with Downs' etc down.

People who many folks thought should be 'put away'.

I was NOT suggesting that you would have abused anyone in those terms - truly.

Baker9
18-01-2013, 03:48 PM
I bet he loves his old mum. :rolleyes:

If you mean McGlynn then I hope he does. If you mean me, I certainly did. Nothing wrong with loving your Mum or even some hearts supporters.

18-01-2013, 03:52 PM
If you mean McGlynn then I hope he does. If you mean me, I certainly did. Nothing wrong with loving your Mum or even some hearts supporters.

That means nothing.

Even Grendel loved his old mum.

18-01-2013, 04:05 PM

Interested enough to read the thread and post on it though :rolleyes:

Baker9
18-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Interested enough to read the thread and post on it though :rolleyes:

I did find the post interesting and felt like adding my own opinion. It's a fan's forum :rolleyes:

18-01-2013, 04:19 PM
I did find the post interesting and felt like adding my own opinion. It's a fan's forum :rolleyes:

I see that your still on this "embarrassing" thread :rolleyes:

18-01-2013, 04:21 PM
I watched the video expecting to see someone making a right a*** of himself. It's no wonder he hates us if we can drag up as much vitriol from what seemed a reasonably good interview. I've never met the man but on that showing I would say he's an ok guy with a good sense of humour, definitely from a working class background and not the brightest, but certainly not worth embarrasing ourselves with such a schoolboy thread. Good guy? He's a classless h****s welt who continually has snide digs at Hibs.

:blah: I dinnae see many people embarrassed except you. Still nae need tae read it any more now that you've had your opinion, wouldnae want you upsetting yersel now.

18-01-2013, 04:21 PM
My cooncil comp wont play the interview but iIstole this cracker from the darkside

quote: "We find ourselves with players suspended, like Marius Zaliukas (http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20130117/youngest-hearts-team-ever_2241384_3044341#). Ryan McGowan would've been if he was still a Hearts player

Baker9
18-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Good guy? He's a classless h****s welt who continually has snide digs at Hibs.

:blah: I dinnae see many people embarrassed except you. Still nae need tae read it any more now that you've had your opinion, wouldnae want you upsetting yersel now.

Good guy? "OK guy" is what I said and I'm not in the least bit upset.

18-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Good guy? He's a classless h****s welt who continually has snide digs at Hibs.

I think the guys an erse, a trumpet of a manager, what i dont understand is folk having a pop at him because he speaks like you? :wink:

18-01-2013, 05:02 PM
I'm beginning to think we've picked Uncle Fester up wrong, and he didn't say that McPake should have been sent off for not causing a career threatening injury to the Yam.

GlenrothesHibee
18-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Cmon chaps i think we're all making a mountain out of a molehole here

18-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Cmon chaps i think we're all making a mountain out of a molehole here

:tsk tsk: Probably just his accent/dialect/class background that made hill sound like hole there. Not to do with being thick, no sirree Bob.

18-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Just blamed Mc pake for one of his injured players, doughnut

18-01-2013, 06:28 PM

Probably picked him up wrong mate. I think he meant to say "insured".

18-01-2013, 07:30 PM

Yep, said Stevenson a doubt due to the lunge by McPake, the mans a complete fud :(

18-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Yep, said Stevenson a doubt due to the lunge by McPake, the mans a complete fud :(

Think it was Robinson.

Could be a good thing for the yams, that guy is absolutely tom kite.

18-01-2013, 07:53 PM
If it wasn't for Charles green this guy would be the biggest fud in Scottish football absolutely no class and makes a bigger fool of himself every time he opens his mouth

18-01-2013, 08:19 PM
If it wasn't for Charles green this guy would be the biggest fud in Scottish football absolutely no class and makes a bigger fool of himself every time he opens his mouth

More than Kenny Shiels?

18-01-2013, 08:35 PM

McGlynn manages to have a dig at Hibs whenever he opens his gob. He sets himself up virtually every time, and because of that there'll always be a queue of folks looking to knock him down. If he acted with a bit more class, regardless of his accent, he wouldn't get ripped.

18-01-2013, 10:16 PM
McGlynn manages to have a dig at Hibs whenever he opens his gob. He sets himself up virtually every time, and because of that there'll always be a queue of folks looking to knock him down. If he acted with a bit more class, regardless of his accent, he wouldn't get ripped.

It's compulsory over there for them to compare themselves to Hibs in absolutely everything they do. If they finish 10th they'll be happy so long as we finish 11th.

I remember a few years back Stephen Frail warded off criticism of the team (the year they finished 8th) by saying "but we've picked up more points in the last three months than Hibs." We were well ahead of them that point. There was also a piece where one of their youth no-marks (Jason Thomson I think) pointing out that while Hearts' academy wasn't brilliant, he thought it was better than Hibs' - therefore making it okay.

Most of their recent managers seem to have bucked that trend ala Laszlo (except that one time which went horribly wrong for him) and Sergio but McGlynn is the most Hibs-obsessed Hearts manager I can remember.

Sadly - except in McGlynn's case - it seems to work for them with their recent derby record. :rolleyes: