PDA

View Full Version : Nicky Riley - Dundee EEN Article.

JimBHibees
17-01-2013, 05:25 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/leigh-griffiths-former-dens-pal-nicky-riley-says-hibee-is-nice-guy-1-2743366

Didnt realise he was from Leith and a Hibby. Actually think he is a very good wide player and notice he is out of contract at end of the season so wouldnt be surprised if we may be in for him. Seems a little injury prone but good ability IMO.

RIP
17-01-2013, 05:38 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/leigh-griffiths-former-dens-pal-nicky-riley-says-hibee-is-nice-guy-1-2743366

Didnt realise he was from Leith and a Hibby. Actually think he is a very good wide player and notice he is out of contract at end of the season so wouldnt be surprised if we may be in for him. Seems a little injury prone but good ability IMO.

Apparently played a blinder against the Yams - probably bursting a gut to beat them

CB_NO3
17-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Remember playing against him years ago. He was a class player at boys club level. Spent a long time at Celtic. Good to see him playing at a good level.

Golden Bear
17-01-2013, 05:48 PM
And he probably has an Irish connection with a name like Riley so he meets the criteria.

:wink:

truehibernian
17-01-2013, 06:01 PM
And he probably has an Irish connection with a name like Riley so he meets the criteria.

:wink:

All the best families have a Riley or Reilly in their family tree :greengrin

Russell The Dug
17-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Good mate of Pistol on here. Hopefully ends up at ER before long.

neilmartinrocks
17-01-2013, 06:39 PM
was he not a student of "the brizilian school of soccer" or something like that? (according to a mate in dundee)

Golden Bear
17-01-2013, 06:47 PM
was he not a student of "the brizilian school of soccer" or something like that? (according to a mate in dundee)

That's all very well - but we want to know exactly how far he can hoof the ball!

Brizo
17-01-2013, 07:15 PM

His dad was a youth coach who speciaiised in delivering training sessions based on small sided games with a smaller ball and iirc it was a Brazilan verson of coerver (sp)

hibees 7062
17-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Remember playing against him years ago. He was a class player at boys club level. Spent a long time at Celtic. Good to see him playing at a good level.

Who did you play for ?

hibees 7062
17-01-2013, 07:26 PM
His dad was a youth coach who speciaiised in delivering training sessions based on small sided games with a smaller ball and iirc it was a Brazilan verson of coerver (sp)

Was he , that would have been down to Paul Connelly i would have thought . Nickys uncle Paul was with Hibs aswell

Jonnyboy
17-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Get him signed. I cannae wait to shout "Gie the ba' tae Riley" :greengrin

overdrive
17-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Was he , that would have been down to Paul Connelly i would have thought . Nickys uncle Paul was with Hibs aswell

Cousin I think. His dad is also Paul.

hibees 7062
17-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Cousin I think. His dad is also Paul.

:agree: Thats what i meant :greengrin

Piqué
17-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Saw him in the hibs end at Tynecastle the other week :agree:

ACLeith
17-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Known Nicky since he was born. Went to Hermitage and Leith Academy and in the BB in Leith. Joined Celtic from school, chances there ruined by injuries, out for a couple of years. Got chance with Dundee around the time they went into administration for the second time. I wondered if he could make the step up to SPL, especially in Dundee's circumstances at the start of the season, and delighted to see him doing so well.

He has had a few injuries with Dundee but a real nice lad who deserves to succeed, his parents have been a real positive influence on him in his career.The type of guy who gives fitba players a GOOD name :thumbsup:

If I see him before Saturday I'll wish him well - and hope he gets the MOTM award even though his team loses. :wink:

hfc rd
17-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Decent player. The only Dundee player that has impressed me this season. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Hibs jersey.

clerriehibs
17-01-2013, 09:36 PM

Oh really?

hibees 7062
17-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Known Nicky since he was born. Went to Hermitage and Leith Academy and in the BB in Leith. Joined Celtic from school, chances there ruined by injuries, out for a couple of years. Got chance with Dundee around the time they went into administration for the second time. I wondered if he could make the step up to SPL, especially in Dundee's circumstances at the start of the season, and delighted to see him doing so well.

He has had a few injuries with Dundee but a real nice lad who deserves to succeed, his parents have been a real positive influence on him in his career.The type of guy who gives fitba players a GOOD name :thumbsup:

If I see him before Saturday I'll wish him well - and hope he gets the MOTM award even though his team loses. :wink:

Still got team photo when he was at Lochend Boys Club , Andy McNeill was the keeper

MelbourneHibby
18-01-2013, 05:45 AM

Futsal? That's what they play over here just you described. Good game but you get booked for any hint of a tackle from behind!!

Brizo
18-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Futsal? That's what they play over here just you described. Good game but you get booked for any hint of a tackle from behind!!

Cheers MH. Thats the very game. Its all coming back to me now :greengrin. His dad was also coach of Hermitage Park primary team.

IWasThere2016
18-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Get him signed. I cannae wait to shout "Gie the ba' tae Riley" :greengrin yet again like I did when I in ma 60's

Sorted that for ye J :wink: :greengrin

IWasThere2016
18-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Get him signed. I cannae wait to shout "Gie the ba' tae Riley" :greengrin yet again like I did when I was in ma 50's

Jonnyboy
18-01-2013, 07:55 PM

Twice :greengrin

EdinMike
18-01-2013, 09:01 PM

Shame, the Riley family in my tree are all Jambos...

edinburghhibee
19-01-2013, 02:40 AM
Did him and Andy McNeill not play with leith athletic? Sure I played against both when my team played leith in an east of Scotland quarter final tie at st marks park

puffinandpantin
19-01-2013, 08:12 AM

he trained with hibs with big al and donald park at meadowbank when he was younger about 10yrs old

:agree::agree::agree::flag::pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgw a

IWasThere2016
19-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Twice :greengrin

'Cos yer hard o' hearing :wink:

:greengrin

ACLeith
19-01-2013, 01:42 PM
He's not playing today, out with a calf injury. Source? His mammy