PDA

View Full Version : NHC Pep Guardila to become Bayern boss

PatHead
16-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Bayern boss from end of season. Lot of clubs in England will be disappointed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21048679

IWasThere2016
16-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Excellent. I hope the Bundesliga goes on to be better than the EPL - they have the fans placed first there!

Ozyhibby
16-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Stuck with Fenlon a bit longer. :-)

PatHead
16-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Stuck with Fenlon a bit longer. :-)

Surprised Bayern didn't go for Jim Gannon as he has been sacked by Stockport

YehButNoBut
16-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Surprised at this as he seemed very keen to manage in England, mind you I've a feeling he wants the Man Utd job and will have to wait a little longer until Fergie is ready to retire. :agree:

leithsansiro
16-01-2013, 04:44 PM

Genuinely made me laugh out loud, post of the week IMHO!

:not worth

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2013, 04:53 PM

Pep Guardila to Bayern was straight out of left field? :wink:

Mikey
16-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Is he actually any good?

And before anyone reels off the honours he won as Barcelona manager, our cat could have done that. And we don't have one!

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Is he actually any good?

And before anyone reels off the honours he won as Barcelona manager, our cat could have done that. And we don't have one!He really is that good. He will prove it at Bayern.

GreenCastle
16-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Must have been his plan B going to Germany after the SFA hired Strachan.

Wonder where the special one (well not so special this season) will go next...Dortmund ? Chelsea / City / Man U?

Pretty Boy
16-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Is he actually any good?

And before anyone reels off the honours he won as Barcelona manager, our cat could have done that. And we don't have one!

I think he's pretty good.

He won the Tercera with the B team and then promotion to the Segunda division via the play offs.

Add to that he ripped the Barca team he inherited apart when he got the top job. He punted Ronaldhino, Etoo, Zambrotta, Thuram, Olegeur, Dos Santos, Deco, Marquez and Gudjohnsen over the first couple of seasons. He replaced them with Alves, Keita, Pique, Hleb, Mascherano and Villa. There was also Ibrahimovic which didn't work out for a variety of reason, the players unprofessional attitude being the key one. During that time he also promoted Thiago, Bartra, Busquets, Pedro and Cuenca from the b team to the first team.

The key thing he did though was install discipline and that's why so many big names were moved on. When Rikjard was in charge, Barca were a joke at times. Rafael Marquez reportedly missed well over 30% of training sessions with no valid reason yet was still a regular starter. ronaldhino was a regular on the Barca club scene. Post Guardiola, Barca are the ultimate professionals.

Haymaker
16-01-2013, 05:44 PM
:faf: My friend last night was adamant that he was joining Chelsea this summer. "He is 100% coming to Chelsea, I know he is!" etc etc :faf:

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2013, 05:50 PM

He won the Tercera with the B team and then promotion to the Segunda division via the play offs.

Add to that he ripped the Barca team he inherited apart when he got the top job. He punted Ronaldhino, Etoo, Zambrotta, Thuram, Olegeur, Dos Santos, Deco, Marquez and Gudjohnsen over the first couple of seasons. He replaced them with Alves, Keita, Pique, Hleb, Mascherano and Villa. There was also Ibrahimovic which didn't work out for a variety of reason, the players unprofessional attitude being the key one. During that time he also promoted Thiago, Bartra, Busquets, Pedro and Cuenca from the b team to the first team.

The key thing he did though was install discipline and that's why so many big names were moved on. When Rikjard was in charge, Barca were a joke at times. Rafael Marquez reportedly missed well over 30% of training sessions with no valid reason yet was still a regular starter. ronaldhino was a regular on the Barca club scene. Post Guardiola, Barca are the ultimate professionals.I agree with the rest of the post except the part I've highlighed. Zlatan didn't help the relationship but Pep wasn't blameless. Both of them did want it to work but they were too different. Was always the wrong signing though IMO.

Thuran also wasn't punted, he retired due to a heart condition.

Pretty Boy
16-01-2013, 06:02 PM
I agree with the rest of the post except the part I've highlighed. Zlatan didn't help the relationship but Pep wasn't blameless. Both of them did want it to work but they were too different. Was always the wrong signing though IMO.

Thuran also wasn't punted, he retired due to a heart condition.

A deal had been agreed with PSG for Thuram, the heart condition was, thankfully, discovered at the medical and he retired.

It's a tough one with Ibra. By all accounts you're right and both wanted it to work at Barca but Ibrahimovic didn't like not being the 'main man'. Whether Pep did enough to foster a proper relationship is debatable though. Ibra was another who was a bit too fond of a night out though according to a few reports.

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2013, 06:18 PM
A deal had been agreed with PSG for Thuram, the heart condition was, thankfully, discovered at the medical and he retired.

It's a tough one with Ibra. By all accounts you're right and both wanted it to work at Barca but Ibrahimovic didn't like not being the 'main man'. Whether Pep did enough to foster a proper relationship is debatable though. Ibra was another who was a bit too fond of a night out though according to a few reports.I always found the Ibra signing strange though, I never really thought it would work. He also did try to sort things near the end of his time saying to Pep that he would play for Messi and would work a lot harder to get back in the team but Pep thought the relationship was beyond help and decided to sign Villa and get rid of him.

When he was negotiating the Milan transfer he apparently said to a Barca director that if he ******ed the deal up for him then he would wait until he was with Pep infront of the press and he would punch him, bit of a nutter :greengrin

Thecat23
16-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Is he actually any good?

Yes you do ;)

3pm
16-01-2013, 06:30 PM

It's a tough one with Ibra. By all accounts you're right and both wanted it to work at Barca but Ibrahimovic didn't like not being the 'main man'. Whether Pep did enough to foster a proper relationship is debatable though. Ibra was another who was a bit too fond of a night out though according to a few reports.

Nae wonder he went out. Imagine the riding he was doing by just saying 'I play for Barcelona'. Who needs Lynx Java when you can say that?

jamieross
16-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Surely signals the end for Robben at Bayern. Man couldny pass to save himself.

hibby rae
16-01-2013, 08:15 PM
I'd heard from a reliable source that he had been seen on the 26 but then again he does have a caravan at Seton Sands.

Matty_Jack04
16-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Be interesting to see how he gets on there, with espn letting there contracts run out is there any word where we can watch the bundesliga from next year?

jacomo
16-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Roman Abramovich has probably torpedoed one of his own yachts in anger. Or maybe one of his helicopters?? :wink:

Anyhow, that'll learn him (except it won't of course, he'll carry on making marquee signings above his coach's head and then sacking them when they do a Shevchenko/Torres).

Hibernia Na Eir
16-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Alan McInally's creaming himself......the Bayern legend that he was:wink:

heretoday
16-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Brilliant move for Pep.

IWasThere2016
17-01-2013, 07:27 AM

The key thing he did though was install discipline and that's why so many big names were moved on. When Rikjard was in charge, Barca were a joke at times. Rafael Marquez reportedly missed well over 30% of training sessions with no valid reason yet was still a regular starter. ronaldhino was a regular on the Barca club scene. Post Guardiola, Barca are the ultimate professionals.

This. You have got to realise the egos he took on and emptied, added to that is the way Barca work as a team to retrieve the ball - a clear sign they are a team. I hope he is a massive success. Great move for him and the Bundesliga.

PeeJay
17-01-2013, 08:31 AM
It's being looked on as a great coup here for Bayern and the Bundelsiga. People saying he wouldn't have been able to build over any length of time at Chelsea or City, it'll be interesting to see how how much time he is given at FC Hollywood. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing how he gets on with Sammer. Bayern have ditched "perfect fits" before, so nothing should be taken for granted.
Can't really stand Bayern, but they do a lot of things in a way that has to be "grudgingly" admired (IMO)!

ScottB
17-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Really surprised he didn't go to City with so much of his Barca backroom team there...

Good luck to him!

stokesmessiah
17-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Providing that Dortmund team doesn't get stripped he has some stiff competition from IMO a real quality outfit that seem to be growing in stature. Funny that the media have done nothing but tout him for a premiership job since he left Barca and he has opted for the Bundesliga. Maybe world football doesn't begin and end in Engurland after all?

stokesmessiah
17-01-2013, 01:13 PM
As a side note, if things go well for Pep at Bayern, can anyone see Ronaldo going there when his contract ends with Real??

Ross4356
17-01-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm gonna put a fiver on him not winning the CL in 3years with Bayern. I think everything was in place at Barca when he was promoted. Although my mates think I'm nuts, he till has it to prove imo