PDA

View Full Version : Galbraith, Kujabi & Kuqi

Chuck Rhoades
16-01-2013, 01:51 PM
What's the latest? Are Hibs trying to get the three in question off the books? Do they have a future at Hibs?

I would be happy if all three were gone by the end of January and replaced by one/two experienced signings.

Stevie Reid
16-01-2013, 02:04 PM
What's the latest? Are Hibs trying to get the three in question off the books? Do they have a future at Hibs?

I would be happy if all three were gone by the end of January and replaced by one/two experienced signings.

I can't imagine that any of the 3 will be: -

- much in demand

- able to get paid anywhere near as much by anyone who does want them

- wanting to leave ER before the end of their contract (which is their right)

So I can't see them moving on.

paul_hfc3
16-01-2013, 02:08 PM

I saw Galbraith and his bird 3 weeks ago uptown
during the day when Hibs were at home against Ross County I think

Russell The Dug
16-01-2013, 02:13 PM
You would think Kuqui has made enough out the game and the other 2 have professional pride and want to kick start there career but possibly all 3 are wasters given ludicrous contracts and will sit them out.

SMAXXA
16-01-2013, 02:18 PM
You would think Kuqui has made enough out the game and the other 2 have professional pride and want to kick start there career but possibly all 3 are wasters given ludicrous contracts and will sit them out.

Unfortunatley that doesnt pay the bills im afraid, cant really balem them if there aint other clubs wanting them

superfurryhibby
16-01-2013, 02:29 PM

I would add Martin Scott to that list.

Can't see any of the others moving on, pity.

Bob Box Fish
16-01-2013, 02:45 PM
I would also add Booth. . .

Leishy1995
16-01-2013, 02:53 PM

Very strange comment.

CRAZYHIBBY
I would add Martin Scott to that list.

Can't see any of the others moving on, pity.

Has he even played for rc this season.........i completely forgot about him

Beefster

That's going to go down like a cold cup of sick with some folk...

Stevie Reid
16-01-2013, 02:57 PM

Another two years left on his contract, can't see it.

Bob Box Fish
16-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Very strange comment.

Budget is tight we will need to unload fringe players to strengthen the squad. If he was doing fantastic while on loan I'm sure we would have heard about it.

We have McGivern / Stevenson for LB.

We are screaming out for wingers and will probably have to move players on before bringing more in I would imagine.

Bob Box Fish
16-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Another two years left on his contract, can't see it.

Could maybe try swap him plus cash (if there is any) or him plus someone else but cant see there being great demand for any of our fringe players unfortunately.

Hibee87
16-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Very strange comment.

OK I will ask this question again, as I have said a few times on here and had no response:

What do people see in Booth? Dont get me wrong i would love for all youth players who come through to suceed but imo Booth offers nothing. He has no pace, doesnt apear to be able to beat a man and definsivley was pretty poor? Apart from one great goal I have never seen him and thought 'this laddie has somthing'

Stevie Reid
16-01-2013, 03:16 PM
I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see Booth ever making it with us.

Leishy1995
16-01-2013, 03:22 PM
Budget is tight we will need to unload fringe players to strengthen the squad. If he was doing fantastic while on loan I'm sure we would have heard about it.

We have McGivern / Stevenson for LB.

We are screaming out for wingers and will probably have to move players on before bringing more in I would imagine.

Still a strange comment, he won't be earning the amount Mcgivern will want if we offer him a contract. Booth is young and has gone to a team to get experience. Cutting him for free before 2016, is that when is deal ends? Would be a strange and stupid decision.

Leishy1995
16-01-2013, 03:28 PM
OK I will ask this question again, as I have said a few times on here and had no response:

What do people see in Booth? Dont get me wrong i would love for all youth players who come through to suceed but imo Booth offers nothing. He has no pace, doesnt apear to be able to beat a man and definsivley was pretty poor? Apart from one great goal I have never seen him and thought 'this laddie has somthing'

When he first broke into our team, he was a revelation. Then our team gradually got worse and so did he. I wouldn't write him off, I wouldn't want him right back in our team when his loan ends, but releasing a player who's contract lasts 2 and a half more years is simply wrong.

Bob Box Fish
16-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Still a strange comment, he won't be earning the amount Mcgivern will want if we offer him a contract. Booth is young and has gone to a team to get experience. Cutting him for free before 2016, is that when is deal ends? Would be a strange and stupid decision.

Where would you play Booth in the current squad of players? McGivern is only on loan until the summer but if he had the opportunity I'm sure PF would sell his granny to get him on a full time contract.

Hibee87
When he first broke into our team, he was a revelation. Then our team gradually got worse and so did he. I wouldn't write him off, I wouldn't want him right back in our team when his loan ends, but releasing a player who's contract lasts 2 and a half more years is simply wrong.

This is my point, Was he a revelation? Maybe my mind isint what it was but I dont recal seeing anything to suggest he was a future star. I would be happy to be proved wrong and he come back and make a name for himself however In my opinion the higest he will play is 1st divison football

hfc rd
I think under the right guidance, he can still turn out to be a cracking player. He was the only plus point from the CC era. If Paddy can rejuvenate him the same way he has done to some of our other youngsters who lost their way a bit like Hanlon, Wotherspoon and Stevenson then it's a win win situation.

Leishy1995
16-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Where would you play Booth in the current squad of players? McGivern is only on loan until the summer but if he had the opportunity I'm sure PF would sell his granny to get him on a full time contract.

So the fact Mcgivern will command a much higher wage than Booth, who during CC's spell was a shining light at the start before falling away, means nothing? To the poster who already spoke of the budget being tighter...

micka_weer
16-01-2013, 03:39 PM
Think Kujabi is getting a bit of undue stick, not saying he deserves a starting place (or even one on the bench) but, we signed him. The lad played some games, some good, some not so good. At the moment, he's not getting a game but he still has a contract. Don't know why I think the other two are any different? Possibly due to fact Kuqi hasn't really offered anything as such on the pitch and Danny has decided (for one reason or another) to refuse the offer of games elsewhere to hang about doing nothing (allegedly). Just my tuppence worth I guess :-)

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Booth gave us a few tremendous performances, where he beat players for fun and put in some terrific crosses, and had a few pops at goal.

He quickly went backwards, so much so he was becoming a liability. I have no idea how he's doing at Livi, but unless he's getting back to the form he showed at the beginning, there is no place at the minute for him in our 1st team?

As he has 2 and a half years left on his contract, we will be seeing him back at some stage. He wont be on a huge wage, and if he can regain what i saw, he's worth another look in a much better team.

Bob Box Fish
16-01-2013, 04:05 PM
So the fact Mcgivern will command a much higher wage than Booth, who during CC's spell was a shining light at the start before falling away, means nothing? To the poster who already spoke of the budget being tighter...

He wasn't a shining light for very long and shortly became one of the weakest links. If the budget is tight and u reduce the total amount of players by moving on fringe players you can then offer a more attractive package to the more desirable players can you not ?

Sir David Gray
16-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Callum Booth is a really strange case.

I went along to watch the u-19s a few years back at the Falkirk Stadium and he was the stand out player on the pitch that day. Then when he first came in to the first team, I thought he looked good and fairly comfortable. However, when things weren't going well under Calderwood, his confidence looked shot to pieces and he hasn't really been able to get back to the form that he showed when he first arrived on the scene.

Apart from the one game at Queen of the South at the beginning of this season, he hasn't played for us in almost exactly a year now. I have no idea how he's doing at Livingston, hopefully he's learning a lot there and benefitting from playing every week at a decent level. I would be delighted to see him come back and be the player that he was a couple of years ago when he first came through.

I wouldn't be giving up on him just yet.

superfurryhibby
16-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Callum Booth is a really strange case.

I went along to watch the u-19s a few years back at the Falkirk Stadium and he was the stand out player on the pitch that day. Then when he first came in to the first team, I thought he looked good and fairly comfortable. However, when things weren't going well under Calderwood, his confidence looked shot to pieces and he hasn't really been able to get back to the form that he showed when he first arrived on the scene.

Apart from the one game at Queen of the South at the beginning of this season, he hasn't played for us in almost exactly a year now. I have no idea how he's doing at Livingston, hopefully he's learning a lot there and benefitting from playing every week at a decent level. I would be delighted to see him come back and be the player that he was a couple of years ago when he first came through.

I wouldn't be giving up on him just yet.

Injured and only played four games. He showed he has the skills to play SPL football during the second part of Calderwood's 1st season and it's true he feel away completely the following year. Wouldn't write him off yet but time is running out for him.

berty_mee
16-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Forget about Booth. What about the boy Scougal at Livi we let go in 2010. All the chat in Scotland of late is of him and the scouts up watching him. And Yogi let him go for naff all because he didn't think he was big enough. Ohhhya Yogi... FAIL!

sbell1875
16-01-2013, 05:03 PM
Injured and only played four games. He showed he has the skills to play SPL football during the second part of Calderwood's 1st season and it's true he feel away completely the following year. Wouldn't write him off yet but time is running out for him.

My Hibs app says Booth has started 11 league games?

hfc rd
16-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Forget about Booth. What about the boy Scougal at Livi we let go in 2010. All the chat in Scotland of late is of him and the scouts up watching him. And Yogi let him go for naff all because he didn't think he was big enough. Ohhhya Yogi... FAIL!

I heard it was Bill Hendry that let him go because of that reason. Not Yogi.

allezsauzee
16-01-2013, 06:01 PM
I don't think Booth will make it as a defender but I'd like to see him playing left midfield with McGivern behind him. Get PC in a more central role. As for Kuqi , Kujabi and Galbraith. I'd be happy to see them replaced by a bag of cheese and onion.

steviehibsleith
16-01-2013, 06:31 PM

The boy was released by Bill Hendry at 16yo .
Yogi was first team manger

Holmesdale Hibs
16-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Kuqi is on the bench most weeks so Fenlon must rate him to some extent. If that's the case we should keep him until the end of his contract.

Can't see Galbraith or Kujabi playing for Hibs again. However, unless they find somewhere else (unlikely) we don't gain much by punting them as we'll still have to pay their wages. Our best hope might be a 'mutual consent' agreement where we still pay part of their wages after they leave.

Brooster
17-01-2013, 06:31 AM
Hibs are actively trying to move these 3 players on. In fact I think we may have some movement very soon if all goes to plan.

Chuck Rhoades
17-01-2013, 06:33 AM
Interesting Brooster. Any word on fresh faces?

Stevie Reid
17-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Kuqi is on the bench most weeks so Fenlon must rate him to some extent. If that's the case we should keep him until the end of his contract.

Can't see Galbraith or Kujabi playing for Hibs again. However, unless they find somewhere else (unlikely) we don't gain much by punting them as we'll still have to pay their wages. Our best hope might be a 'mutual consent' agreement where we still pay part of their wages after they leave.

I'm still not ready to write Kuqi off completely, I simply haven't seen enough of him to do that, but it's significant that has not been on the bench for our bigger games. I won't be disappointed if he moves on, but won't be upset if he stays until the end of his contract.

LeighLoyal
17-01-2013, 11:18 AM
We've had worse dead wood than these over the years, but Fenlon did sign two of them. :rolleyes:

Stevie Reid
17-01-2013, 12:09 PM
We've had worse dead wood than these over the years, but Fenlon did sign two of them. :rolleyes:

Kujabi was ok last season up until the cup final (which he was never going to recover from), he was no world beater but he brought decent balance to the back four. Kuqi was a a decent signing on paper, and as much as he looks extremely cumbersome when he has come on, he has hardly been a disaster.

Calderwood offering a two year contract to an injury prone player who offered little and wasn't even featuring in the first team at the time is far worse IMO.

RyeSloan
17-01-2013, 01:18 PM

Seen it many times before...a player breaks into the first team and played above himself for a while. Thing is top level football is very demanding and even though the SPL take peters for its quality it's still clearly a cut above all other forms of football in Scotland. Booth had his chance and IMHO failed to take it...his performance level slipped (possibly to a more normal level) and when it did so it showed he was not ready or capable to play SPL level week in week out. If he was a step down to Livi should have shown he was a level above those players pretty quickly, not seen any exports suggesting that's happened.

Tom Hart RIP
17-01-2013, 03:27 PM
DG been training with Dunfermline and is lOoking for new club. Pa Kujabi told he can go if he finds new club. If not he will stay till end of season. Still trains hard and doesn't cause any problems but just command 1st team place.
Liam Craig has signed pre contract and will join club at end of season unless ST J agree to him coming earlier. Craig signed 2 year deal.