PDA

View Full Version : overseas fans - Hibs TV Xtra Half-season ticket

hongkonghibee
16-01-2013, 10:09 AM
More good news for overseas fans. Club has responded to our request for season tickets for Hibs TV Xtra by offering half season tickets for 65 pounds. This includes live video and audio coverage of all our home matches until the end of this season (For supporteres living outside UK & Ireland only). Also includes priority for cup final tickets if we get there. They can be purchased here http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra

The Green Goblin
16-01-2013, 02:12 PM
I saw that e-mail. Nice move, but I still need to figure out how best to do this, as I have an existing old Hibs tv monthly rolling membership, which provides the same home games plus some away games. I have used both that and the new xtra in recent weeks.If it comes down to it, I don't really mind subscribing to both, as I think it's a great thing, and I'm delighted the club has responded to fan feedback, but I will technically be paying for the same thing twice in quite a few weeks. Out of interest, is anyone else in the same position?

HiBremian
16-01-2013, 02:20 PM
I saw that e-mail. Nice move, but I still need to figure out how best to do this, as I have an existing old Hibs tv monthly rolling membership, which provides the same home games plus some away games. I have used both that and the new xtra in recent weeks.If it comes down to it, I don't really mind subscribing to both, as I think it's a great thing, and I'm delighted the club has responded to fan feedback, but I will technically be paying for the same thing twice in quite a few weeks. Out of interest, is anyone else in the same position?

Me too, GG, I've got an annual membership for the old Hibs TV, plus I've just booked a cheepo Ryanair flight for the Yams in March. There's probably 9 home games, maybe 10 if we beat the sheep in the cup, so it's a pretty good deal. But then I reckon half of these will be on Hibs TV anyway, so could be I'll be paying twice as well. But after today's news about LG and RM, I reckon the tache deserves the cash :cb.

The Green Goblin
16-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Me too, GG, I've got an annual membership for the old Hibs TV, plus I've just booked a cheepo Ryanair flight for the Yams in March. There's probably 9 home games, maybe 10 if we beat the sheep in the cup, so it's a pretty good deal. But then I reckon half of these will be on Hibs TV anyway, so could be I'll be paying twice as well. But after today's news about LG and RM, I reckon the tache deserves the cash :cb.

Cheers. Yep, I agree, and I don't mind either, I was just wondering if other folks were in the same boat. Good move with the March flight btw..I reckon we are due them a doing :greengrin

PeeJay
16-01-2013, 02:33 PM

I was in that situation, but then I cancelled the old Hibs TV International sub and bought the new Hibs TV Xtra season ticket (half) - now I can have what I want ... all the Hibs home games:greengrin

The Green Goblin
16-01-2013, 05:55 PM
I was in that situation, but then I cancelled the old Hibs TV International sub and bought the new Hibs TV Xtra season ticket (half) - now I can have what I want ... all the Hibs home games:greengrin

That's true. The problem comes when you want to watch away games, like the derbies, or Celtic or UTd/Aberdeen or whoever. As I said, I am not complaining :greengrin just thinking it through...

PeeJay
17-01-2013, 06:57 AM
That's true. The problem comes when you want to watch away games, like the derbies, or Celtic or UTd/Aberdeen or whoever. As I said, I am not complaining :greengrin just thinking it through...

That's a fair point, and TBH I stuck with Perform and the Hibs TV International for a long time, BUT everytime (almost) when I watched the Perform stream I had problems (buffering/stuttering picture), so much so that I usually ended up watching on a "dodgy" website anyway. To compound this, the Perform service / support usually consisted of "hit the refresh button" - a message I once received several hours after the game was over! :greengrin

Every home game on HIbs TV Xtra is perfect for me - if I can sneak in a few away games all the better - but Perform won't be getting any more money from me.

CFC1892
17-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Can anyone let me know if all the home games are televised on HibsTV if you are overseas? Or are some just audio?

PeeJay
17-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Can anyone let me know if all the home games are televised on HibsTV if you are overseas? Or are some just audio?

Yes, in fact you have to be overseas to see the live broadcasts on "Hibs TV Xtra" - people in the UK can only access the audio broadcast...

hibbybrian
17-01-2013, 09:18 AM

http://hibs-world.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=166

:cb

Keith_M
17-01-2013, 10:26 AM
I actually really wanted to take advantage of the new service and fully support it but I don't have a Mac, Windows or Android. My two Laptops are both Linux only and I don't fancy paying 65 quid only to find out it doesn't work.

Has anybody tried this service with Linux? If so, how did you get on?

Also, if anyone from Hibs TV happens to be reading this, what are the ACTUAL technologies required, e.g. Is it because Flash, Java, or whatever is required.. (most things are already on Linux so if I knew what they were, I could check)

hongkonghibee
17-01-2013, 11:56 AM

Im in this position too, and have decided to pay for both. In February, the Cup match against Aberdeen and the Kilmarnock home match will only be shown on Xtra (not on the old International Hibs TV) , and after the split Xtra will be showing all our home matches too (not guaranteed on International). Also you get the Hibs TV biased commentary on Xtra. So maybe worth getting the Xtra half season ticket too. Or just pay the 10 pounds a match for the Xtra matches not shown on the old International service. Im hoping lots of people buy the half season Xtra offering, to encourage the Club to offer full season tickets for next season.

The Green Goblin
17-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Im in this position too, and have decided to pay for both. In February, the Cup match against Aberdeen and the Kilmarnock home match will only be shown on Xtra (not on the old International Hibs TV) , and after the split Xtra will be showing all our home matches too (not guaranteed on International). Also you get the Hibs TV biased commentary on Xtra. So maybe worth getting the Xtra half season ticket too. Or just pay the 10 pounds a match for the Xtra matches not shown on the old International service. Im hoping lots of people buy the half season Xtra offering, to encourage the Club to offer full season tickets for next season.

Thanks for the more detailed info about which games are where. I think I'll see out the season with both too, then see what the options are for next season. I also thought the xtra quality was excellent, but to be fair, I haven't had any trouble with Perform either.

OsloHibs
17-01-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm just sticking with the old service for this season, only as I work every saturday so miss alot of games :grr: but will get it for nxt season.. and a saturday free job !!

Good news finally for us overseas Hibbys :pfgwa

hongkonghibee
18-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Just been told by Hibs TV, the Dundee match will now only be shown on Hibernian TV Xtra. It will NOT be shown on Hibernian International as previously announced by the Club. It is included in the new half season subscription or for 10 pounds for the one match.

Septimus
18-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Trying to buy the half season ticket I get as far as payment where, once again, it is in the hands of Paypal. I do not have, neither do I want Paypal. Please can the powers that be make direct payment possible.

The Green Goblin
18-01-2013, 12:11 PM
Trying to buy the half season ticket I get as far as payment where, once again, it is in the hands of Paypal. I do not have, neither do I want Paypal. Please can the powers that be make direct payment possible.

There is an option on the Paypal page to pay by credit card too. Have another look.

Swedish hibee
18-01-2013, 09:07 PM
So, the Dundee game is not on International anymore :confused:

Why?

The Green Goblin
19-01-2013, 12:04 AM
So, the Dundee game is not on International anymore :confused:

Why?

If I was a cynic, I would say it was a move designed to get folks to get the hibs xtra half-season ticket :greengrin but I'm not a cynic so that's not what I'm suggesting....

KWJ
19-01-2013, 12:22 AM
I'd love to get this but don't know if I'm going to have internet in the near future, still in a hostel where you have to pay for the net.

Great to know that the service is there though and the cup final priority is a great bonus.

The Green Goblin
19-01-2013, 12:50 AM
I'd love to get this but don't know if I'm going to have internet in the near future, still in a hostel where you have to pay for the net.

Great to know that the service is there though and the cup final priority is a great bonus.

It is a great service. All credit to the club for making it possible.

beastie
19-01-2013, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the more detailed info about which games are where. I think I'll see out the season with both too, then see what the options are for next season. I also thought the xtra quality was excellent, but to be fair, I haven't had any trouble with Perform either.

Delighted the club have managed to get this sorted in time :)

Just signed up. I'll be keepin both for this season also as there's no guarantee that Setanta here will show the live games also covered by perform. On a few occasions they've had it on delayed telecast, not being shown till sometime the following day.

Lovin the commentary tho! Well done Hibs.

GGTTH
Stew.

JON6207
19-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Delighted the club have managed to get this sorted in time :)

Just signed up. I'll be keepin both for this season also as there's no guarantee that Setanta here will show the live games also covered by perform. On a few occasions they've had it on delayed telecast, not being shown till sometime the following day.

Lovin the commentary tho! Well done Hibs.

GGTTH
Stew.

Yeah, this is great. Well done hibs, got signed up and its good to get the couple of programe articles as well.

KWJ
19-01-2013, 07:12 AM
Do you have to watch the games live or can you go on later and watch the game "as live"?

4am kick offs here aren't ideal.

Greendub
19-01-2013, 07:20 AM
Do you have to watch the games live or can you go on later and watch the game "as live"?

4am kick offs here aren't ideal.

Yeah live.

Just to add I also enjoyed the few pages from The Hibernian

Swedish hibee
19-01-2013, 11:29 AM
Yeah wasn't meaning anything by my earlier comment, just wondering "why"- after being told it would be on International.

But good on Hibs for this..

The Green Goblin
19-01-2013, 12:38 PM
Signed up last night....woke up this morning and my programmes were there in my email. Looking forward to watching the match live.

Well done Hibs!!

HiBremian
19-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Yep, great stuff. Just reading the Paul Hanlon interview, beer in hand, waitin for the broadcast to start. All we overseas fans need now is a pie download facility. :greengrin

The Green Goblin
19-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Yep, great stuff. Just reading the Paul Hanlon interview, beer in hand, waitin for the broadcast to start. All we overseas fans need now is a pie download facility. :greengrin

:greengrin

OsloHibs
19-01-2013, 01:57 PM
All good here so far, no problems. Come on Hibs :scarf:

The Green Goblin
19-01-2013, 01:58 PM
They really need to sort out the microphones though. The co-commentator's (Martin's) mic is 70% bursts of static.

HiBremian
19-01-2013, 02:04 PM
They really need to sort out the microphones though. The co-commentator's (Martin's) mic is 70% bursts of static.

They just told me on chat that they're buyin a new cable for him next week :cb

Swedish hibee
19-01-2013, 02:06 PM

My sound is perfect and picture great! Paul Cairney halftime interview would be nice.

HiBremian
19-01-2013, 02:08 PM
My sound is perfect and picture great! Paul Cairney halftime interview would be nice.

Listen when Martin speaks (co-commentator). Defo problem with his cabling.

The Green Goblin
19-01-2013, 02:09 PM
They just told me on chat that they're buyin a new cable for him next week :cb

Cool. It was funny to hear them saying "Peejay in Berlin turn your speakers down" haha.

Swedish hibee
19-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Aye, Clean sheet talk jinxed us :grr:

The Green Goblin
19-01-2013, 02:11 PM
Listen when Martin speaks (co-commentator). Defo problem with his cabling.

Yeah, it's even worse now. I actually can't tell what he is saying. Anyway....bit of a wake up call for Hibs there. Bit of a sluggish start....

PeeJay
19-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Cool. It was funny to hear them saying "Peejay in Berlin turn your speakers down" haha.

A pie would go down really well right now - this game is awful!:greengrin

The Green Goblin
19-01-2013, 02:57 PM
A pie would go down really well right now - this game is awful!:greengrin

It is. We need virtual pies. Petrie get it sorted! :greengrin

So did you turn your speakers down then?

HiBremian
19-01-2013, 03:04 PM

Sounds like you need to turn them up again! Sound check needed, folks!:confused:

HiBremian
19-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Ah, much better sound - and score.:greengrin

Swedish hibee
19-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Pats half time hairdryer worked then .. :aok:

HiBremian
19-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Pats half time hairdryer worked then .. :aok:

Sure I can see it hanging out o Doyle's erse.

PeeJay
19-01-2013, 04:10 PM

No good: as soon as Cliff says turn down your speakers I can see a pie in front of me! :greengrin

SingaporeHibs
19-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Stream was great, the sound a little less so and the game a little less so. As i know the feeling all too well I feel for those i saw sitting freezing in the stands while i sweat away here! :not worth
Having signed up for a Hibs int 'season ticket' i'm less pleased hibs int didnt show todays game given Alba have it. Seems like a change in policy. Anyway Xtra half season ticket purchased today. All extra cost tho which is a bit wrong imo

hongkonghibee
01-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Update - the club have sold 36 HibsTV Xtra half season tickets. Not bad considering the short notice. Still worth buying IMO for 65 pounds as it includes this Sundays cup match against Aberdeen and all the home cup and league matches until end of season. http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra

Greendub
01-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Yeah I bought it, shame I might be home end of the month. :-(, but then I can pay to go to the games :-)

pacorosssco
01-02-2013, 03:17 PM
ive not bought but sunday I will watch with friends in a bar and try get home ten times a year. with games on sjy etc and trips home cheaper to buy games as they come.

Greendub
01-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Will we get any parts from the hibernian this time?

The Green Goblin
01-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Will we get any parts from the hibernian this time?

Already e-mailed... Arrived today!

Greendub
01-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Nice one!

OsloHibs
01-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Nice one!

Hello Molde Hibby! :greengrin What you doing up there??? Have you joined the Norway branch yet?

Greendub
02-02-2013, 07:25 AM
Hello Molde Hibby! :greengrin What you doing up there??? Have you joined the Norway branch yet?

Hello Oslo Hibby :-) haha it's great up here, yeah I joined the Facebook page if that's the only way?

Septimus
03-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Just tried to buy today's game and again I find that it is only available if you have Paypal.

hibbybrian
03-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Just tried to buy today's game and again I find that it is only available if you have Paypal.

I've sent an e-mail to Hibs Xtra - hope for an early response :pray:

hibbybrian
03-02-2013, 02:30 PM

you have a PM :wink:

hibbybrian
03-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Septimus - Andrew Sleight has arranged for you to watch the game free - check your PM box for details :thumbsup: