PDA

View Full Version : Give Kuqi a start on Saturday?

California-Hibs
14-01-2013, 11:01 PM
With Cairney being suspended i think we should bring in Kuqi and play him up front with Griffiths and move Doyle to left midfield.
I think Kuqi's had a pretty rough time and i don't think we can all have an accurate opinion given that he's started what, 1 game against Queen Of The South (which yes he had a shocker, but so did EVERYONE that night) and the rest of the time we've seen him on just a handful of times for 6 minutes here, 8 minutes there. I don't think we can all completely write him off in the so little game time we've seen him in.

I actually think there's been a few time's when he's came on that he's done alright, not nearly as bad a some say he's contributed. There's usually little you can do with mere minutes left in a game, when you haven't had the chance to get to grips with the game at all!

His confidence is probably rock bottom, but i feel if he came on and someone was to set up a chance for him, and if he took, then well, we might see a different player. A player who lets remember, just LAST SEASON got 11 goals in League 1 with Oldham.

I think the whole situation's been harsh on the big man. Sure Griffith's and Doyle have been our 2 main strikers, and rightly so, they've been scoring and playing well. However i think people have wrote Kuqi off going by very little, and this Saturday could be his chance to start at Easter Road for the first time and show us what he's about. Then we'd be alittle closer to being able to properly assess him.

Just my opinion, i know many won't agree though..

SteveHFC
14-01-2013, 11:05 PM
He should start on yesterday. He is an excellent player who hasn't got the chance yet :agree: :greengrin

Sir David Gray
14-01-2013, 11:09 PM
I should get a start before Kuqi.

That's a no from me.

.Sean.
14-01-2013, 11:39 PM
Rather head down the cemetary, dig up a corpse and plonk it on the halfway line than start with Kuqi. Probably be just as effective.

gegs70
14-01-2013, 11:40 PM
He just doesnt seem fit and is too slow.

spike220
15-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Rather head down the cemetary, dig up a corpse and plonk it on the halfway line than start with Kuqi. Probably be just as effective.

I seem to recall him making a great clearance in the cup late on against hearts.

He has not been given a chance at all, I agree with the OP. But would would maybe bench Doyle, I think we have other options in midfield.

GGTTH

StarMan10
15-01-2013, 12:25 AM
Much rather start one of the youngsters. Better to look to the future and nurture what looks to be 2 good prospects in Caldwell and Handling. Harsh on the big guy but c'est la vie.

crash
15-01-2013, 04:46 AM
I seem to recall him making a great clearance in the cup late on against hearts.

He has not been given a chance at all, I agree with the OP. But would would maybe bench Doyle, I think we have other options in midfield.

GGTTH

Thats some achievement, especially since he never played in that game. Hope Handling gets a run out at some stage on Saturday.

IWasThere2016
15-01-2013, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the laugh, but no thanks. He's looking every bit a dud (cue a glorious winner for the big man this week!)

lord bunberry
15-01-2013, 07:10 AM
He has done nothing to merit a start IMO he looks unfit and way of the pace. It would be a huge gamble ti start him on saturday and I doubt paddy will

offshorehibby
15-01-2013, 07:16 AM
People are saying he's not been given a chance. The odd time he has come on he has done nothing of note to merit a start where i think Handling & Caldwell have.
We need to be giving the youngsters game time.

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2013, 07:45 AM
I really cant say one way or the other, he's just not played enough to form any decent opinion?

My guess is the manager is not too keen, as he puts the kids on before him more often than not, but i have this feeling he's never going to get match fit, and he's one of those who needs to play 1st team football to get match fit?

scoopyboy
15-01-2013, 07:55 AM

Wouldn't be caught offside as often!!!!

Russell The Dug
15-01-2013, 08:13 AM
Can't believe we signed that guy. What was Fenlon thinking?

stoneyburn hibs
15-01-2013, 08:15 AM
Can't believe we signed that guy. What was Fenlon thinking?

No manager gets every signing right. Cant see him ever starting a game for us.

Matty_Jack04
15-01-2013, 08:17 AM
I've wasted so much dosh on kuqi last goal scorer this season I'm beginning to hate the man.

i thought he'd be a decent signing....then I thought he just needs a few games and a goal...now he's just finished.

Time For Heroes
15-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Serious question, why is he still on the books if he is that gash? Surely punting him would free up some wages for a possible pre contract? Give him a chance or get rid....

McKenzie
15-01-2013, 08:54 AM
I should get a start before Kuqi.

That's a no from me.

Think they should draw a seat number from a ballot and if that seat is occupied they can take Kuqi's place. Would bump attendances I imagine. Win win

Golden Bear
15-01-2013, 09:02 AM
With Cairney being suspended i think we should bring in Kuqi and play him up front with Griffiths and move Doyle to left midfield.
I think Kuqi's had a pretty rough time and i don't think we can all have an accurate opinion given that he's started what, 1 game against Queen Of The South (which yes he had a shocker, but so did EVERYONE that night) and the rest of the time we've seen him on just a handful of times for 6 minutes here, 8 minutes there. I don't think we can all completely write him off in the so little game time we've seen him in.

I actually think there's been a few time's when he's came on that he's done alright, not nearly as bad a some say he's contributed. There's usually little you can do with mere minutes left in a game, when you haven't had the chance to get to grips with the game at all!

His confidence is probably rock bottom, but i feel if he came on and someone was to set up a chance for him, and if he took, then well, we might see a different player. A player who lets remember, just LAST SEASON got 11 goals in League 1 with Oldham.

I think the whole situation's been harsh on the big man. Sure Griffith's and Doyle have been our 2 main strikers, and rightly so, they've been scoring and playing well. However i think people have wrote Kuqi off going by very little, and this Saturday could be his chance to start at Easter Road for the first time and show us what he's about. Then we'd be alittle closer to being able to properly assess him.

Correct. I won't agree with you.

:wink:

Saorsa
15-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Be better giving one of the laddies a start than that carthorse.

Russell The Dug
15-01-2013, 09:52 AM

You can say that again. Kubjabi on a two year deal too.

Both players where on trial before they signed as well. Frightening they could have shown something different in training.

Vini1875
15-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Many keep saying he has only been given five minutes here and there, but PF sees them each day in training. There is no doubt Kuqi and Kujabi have some ability which have taken them so far, but they are not good enough for Hibs.

Hibercelona
15-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Many keep saying he has only been given five minutes here and there, but PF sees them each day in training. There is no doubt Kuqi and Kujabi have some ability which have taken them so far, but they are not good enough for Hibs.

Exactly.

There's no point in fans mouthing off about who should or shouldn't play. They don't see them in training throughout the week.

Cool_Hand_Luke
15-01-2013, 10:24 AM
I've wasted so much dosh on kuqi last goal scorer this season I'm beginning to hate the man.

i thought he'd be a decent signing....then I thought he just needs a few games and a goal...now he's just finished.

Do you not get your money back if he doesnt get on :confused:

Time For Heroes
15-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Exactly.

There's no point in fans mouthing off about who should or shouldn't play. They don't see them in training throughout the week.

Isn't this part of fan forums? For decades fans complain about who should/shouldn't play. I just don't see the point in having a player on the books that isn't contributing on the field... Maybe off it?

Hibercelona
15-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Isn't this part of fan forums? For decades fans complain about who should/shouldn't play. I just don't see the point in having a player on the books that isn't contributing on the field... Maybe off it?

Well it's never easy to tell how well a player is going to do for the club until they're given a shot. He's had a fair shot imo and he's mince. However, we can't just simply offload him right now, until some other club is daft enough to want him.....

Time For Heroes
15-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Well it's never easy to tell how well a player is going to do for the club until they're given a shot. He's had a fair shot imo and he's mince. However, we can't just simply offload him right now, until some other club is daft enough to want him.....

Agree, can't fault anyone at Hibs for bringing him in, decent pedigree, just annoying that we cant axe him, give him some nominal compensation and try using the money in a better way. Sure he's the equivalent to Easter Road leaving the flood lights on every night in terms of money.
Poor adjective but you get my point :D

PeterboroHibee
15-01-2013, 11:23 AM

I dont like being harsh on players, but I thought signing Kuqi was a mistake at the time and nothing suggests otherwise. Hes 36, slow and seemingly unfit, which is why he cant make a difference when he comes on in games. Whilst they may be a bit raw and inexperienced, Caldwell or Handling at least offer something a bit different (and more suited to replacing Griffiths or Doyle in the team).

Occasionally managers make these sort of signings. Fenlon probably saw he was available a reasonably big name and added experience (our forward line is still quite young), but he just seems a bit past it. Fortunately we have been quite lucky in that neither of our strikers has picked up a bad injury.

monktonharp
15-01-2013, 11:43 AM
I'd gie him a start ok, drop him off at Elder Street (nae pun intended) . gie him the bus fare south and tell him he could save dosh if he waits for the megabus!

basehibby
15-01-2013, 01:37 PM
Sad to say Kuqui has done nothing thus far to suggest he merits a starting place. Last time I saw him play was with 10 minutes to go vs Ross County. We were 1-0 down and chasing the game but Kuqui was just hopeless - could barely even trap the ball and was getting rings ran round him by RC players who had already put in an 80 min shift.

I had hoped he would build up his condition and be an asset to us but half way through the season he still looks like whatever he had has got up and left the building - and aint coming back! We are not good enough to carry passengers and sadly that's what Kuqui seems to be - starting him would be like a man down and an insult to players such as Stevenson, Taiwo, Caldwell and Handing who have prepared themselves sufficiently and most importantly could easilly cost us the points - so NO!

silverhibee
15-01-2013, 03:30 PM

Did he not start against QOTS.

brog
15-01-2013, 03:33 PM

Agree it's not easy but if Hibs had done their homework properly we would never have gone near Kuqi. I was lambasted on here for my strong opposition to his signing but I knew him from watching him regularly at Crystal Palace. He was a figure of fun there, cheered when substituted & booed when named in the team & that was 3 years ago when he was faster & fitter than now. FWIW I support every Hibs player who gives 100% & from my brief viewings of SK his application can't be faulted, unfortunately his ability & legs have gone. His only possible use to the team is as a last gasp hope of changing tactics & getting a goal through route 1. We can't start him, he'd never make it to h/t!

Jonnyboy
15-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Dunno about giving him a start - he defo gives me a start every time I see him :wink:

Scouse Hibee
15-01-2013, 07:08 PM
I'll give him 20 metres :greengrin

Time For Heroes
15-01-2013, 08:07 PM
I'll give him 20 metres :greengrin

You'd break him in half!

allezsauzee
15-01-2013, 08:55 PM
In the words of Doctor Evil...how about no you crazy dutch b*****d!

Brooster
15-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Don't ever give him a start would be my simple answer. Caldwell and Handling should be getting game time before kuqi