PDA

View Full Version : Allez allez allez oooh

Russell The Dug
13-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Is this the catchiest tune/song we have ever had? At work in bed shower etc always jumps into my head! Especially nippy when trying to sleep.

Thoughts? Has there been a catchier tune in recent times?

Hibee Ryan
13-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Not really exactly what you were asking about but...

A yam acquaintance of mines was trying to claim that this song was a Celtic song and that they've been singing it for years. I started to laugh thinking he was joking until he asked me why I was laughing. I proceeded to tell him that it wasn't a Celtic song and they've never sung it and the only team I knew of that sang it as well was Vancouver Whitecaps in America. He was so adamant that it was a Celtic song. I couldn't help but laugh in his face as he claimed "it's embarrassing how much you try to be Celtic" at which point I politely reminded him of the singing of Billy Boys!

But back on topic, the fact that it's catchy helps make it a great song! There's been a few over the years but this is a classic! The fact that you only need the beat to get the crowd going helps as well as it makes it easier to start the song

NotoriousLor
13-01-2013, 09:14 PM
I had a jambo telling me the same, it did get me wondering :confused:

Russell The Dug
13-01-2013, 09:16 PM
When did Celtic sing this like?

How can you fit Celtic fc and terrorist loving **** into the song anyway?

Bobo
13-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Yams are thick, Celtic are hardly going to sing about being from the capital are they?

They might have stolen our players since 1888 but that doesn't change the fact that they're scruffy Weegies.

nonshinyfinish
13-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Yams are thick, Celtic are hardly going to sing about being from the capital are they?

I imagine the accusation was that Celtc were singing different words to the same tune.

Still not true, like.

Zondervan
13-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Let's put the Celtic rumour to bed, as no doubt they will start singing it and claim it as their own. Just like the did with "Just Can't Get Enough" (St Pauli) and various other songs over the years.

I put a thread up on the Bounce about the Allez Allez Allez Ohhh song, but it appears to have been wiped out when their server crashed. Basically, a group of us attended Eintracht Frankfurt games and the song is part of their repertoire. The more artistic member of our group created the words for the Hibernian version. We then infiltrated S43 and got them to start singing it at games during the 2nd half of last season.

The rest, as they say, is history. Oder?

With regards to catchy tunes, there haven't been many for a wee while now. Seem to recall a couple of good ones when Mowbray was around (e.g. "Tony Mowbray & Marky Venus/Craig Levein's a Pucking Fenis") and various versions of it.

Regardless of any songs, S43 deserve great credit for enhancing the atmosphere at games both home and away.

:flag::pfgwa:hibees:flag:

God Petrie
13-01-2013, 09:22 PM
It was adopted from Eintrach Frankfurt not Celtic.

The jambos are probably worried that if we keep making up songs, we'll have more songs about Hibs than they do. Clowns.

Hibee Ryan
13-01-2013, 09:24 PM
I had a jambo telling me the same, it did get me wondering :confused:

It's 100% not true. It's Entracht Frankfurt and Vancouver Whitecaps have the same song although they sing it a bit differently :aok: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8nyb_8Mnyw

CB_NO3
13-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Eintracht Frankfurt are the original team to sing it. There is a few hibbies that go over now and again, myself included. There is some brilliant footage of the song on youtube and i think thats were the young guys got the idea from. Celtic dont sing it.

Zondervan
13-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Previous Hibs.Net thread:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?248590-Alee-Alee-Alay-Oh!&p=3390784&highlight=#post3390784

monktonharp
13-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Allez allez is a super wee song. well done to the young guys that brought that to us. I can remmber plenty of others from the 70's that were sung at ER. not quite politically correct these days, but sung with a fervour nevertheless. "as he raised himself up on his elbow, as the blood from his wounds it ran red, as he turned to his comrades beside him.....these are the words that he said....hibees.....hibees ....hibees.:flag::flag::flag:

LaMotta
13-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Jambo in my football team was asking me what the song at tynie was with the drum beat and said it looked and sounded amazing. Hes a reasonable fella and speaks the truth.

The challenge now is to come up with more songs that will stop us getting bored of that one!!

frazeHFC
13-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Is a brilliant song, was amazing hearing a whole stand at Tynie singing it and bouncing.

Definately one of the catchiest, along with '**** you samaras' :greengrin

monktonharp
13-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Jambo in my football team was asking me what the song at tynie was with the drum beat and said it looked and sounded amazing. Hes a reasonable fella and speaks the truth.

The challenge now is to come up with more songs that will stop us getting bored of that one!!good point, but I do wish that the song can spread round the ground. certainly in the cup game.quite a few around me in the west,were trying to latch on to it but it needs a big group to start it off. I think i'll head East, fur the cup game. too many polite, quite posh folk near my normal seat. I sometimes feel a bit uncomfortable, when i start ravin' like a loony at even a league game:cb

joe breezy
13-01-2013, 11:36 PM
It sounds European and there is a Celtic / Crystal Palace chant that also sounds European

We're Palace we're palace we're palace oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh

I think this is the chant the backward delusionists are getting mixed up with

hibeedonald
13-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Shame the other one didnt catch on aswell

Section 43 should concentrate on getting it going!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWa6bOWhA-Y

Haymaker
13-01-2013, 11:47 PM
It sounds European and there is a Celtic / Crystal Palace chant that also sounds European

Palace even have fans? :greengrin

I love the song, **** everyone who moans about it and any of the songs. We are Hibs. **** everyone else. :agree:

hfc rd
14-01-2013, 12:31 AM
They try to be like Sevco more than we have ever tried to be like smeltic. Don't forget they tried to be like smeltic when they used to do a huddle during the start of the mad Vlad era.

frazeHFC
14-01-2013, 12:35 AM

I may be getting mixed up but think that was sung at a Hibs game early last season / season before and it did sound good but everyone slated it as Celtic sung it so that was the end of that. Sounds brilliant in some of the Palace videos tbh. :agree:

neilmartinrocks
14-01-2013, 12:55 AM
When it was sung at the celtic game i had a few tim mates ask me where the chant was from if it was theirs why would they ask? they never heard it before.

Diclonius
14-01-2013, 01:43 AM
Celtic have a similar chant - the "oh oh oh oh oh oh oh ohhhhhhh" one they sing fairly regularly (and no doubt copied from someone) - but it's totally different from ours.

Sproule Three
14-01-2013, 02:56 AM
Heard Melbourne Victory fans singing it at weekend ( didn't catch what they used instead of our version )

DC_Hibs
14-01-2013, 07:03 AM
Rapid Vienna were singing it a good bit before Frankfurt started (2009/10 season) and I believe they adopted it from French team/s - Marseille were mentioned.

There's posts on a Canadian "saccer" forum from 2008 with Toronto fans trying to make their own version with a link to a Rapid video so must have caught on over there a while back if Vancouver are now singing it!

Good to see coverage of this anyway if it helps more folk to sing it properly instead of two versions. Large groups are giving it "Ally Ally Ally oh" at 100miles an hour as opposed to "Allay, Allay, Ally Oh".

As for that St Pauli/Celtic (universal) *****e that Fraz boy is hamshanking over, you did the right thing in listening to the criticism to bin it so keep it there!

Kind Regards
Song Polizei

Zondervan
14-01-2013, 07:38 AM
2 of the S43 leaders are joining us on a trip to see Eintracht playing later this season. 15 of us going over in total, all Hibbies.

Hopefully we will bring back some new songs that will catch on for next season.

We also need a microphone guy to stand at the front of the East and lead the choir. What's Frank Dougan up to these days?

GlenrothesHibee
14-01-2013, 07:41 AM
So catchy my 4 year old daughter wont stop singing it :rolleyes:

Hibee Ryan
14-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Celtic have a similar chant - the "oh oh oh oh oh oh oh ohhhhhhh" one they sing fairly regularly (and no doubt copied from someone) - but it's totally different from ours.

Is that not the Victor Wanyama song?

Lucius Apuleius
14-01-2013, 08:20 AM
2 of the S43 leaders are joining us on a trip to see Eintracht playing later this season. 15 of us going over in total, all Hibbies.

Hopefully we will bring back some new songs that will catch on for next season.

We also need a microphone guy to stand at the front of the East and lead the choir. What's Frank Dougan up to these days?

Last paragraph no we don't. Please God.

ZS DOOM
14-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Shame the other one didnt catch on aswell

Section 43 should concentrate on getting it going!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWa6bOWhA-Y

Its up to the rest of the support to join in. We can only do so much

hfc rd
14-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Is that not the Victor Wanyama song?

The Wanyama song is to the tune of the song we sang for Callum Booth then the yams done it for Paulo Sergio.

Saorsa
14-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Last paragraph no we don't. Please God.:agree:

hfc rd
14-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Last paragraph no we don't. Please God.

The microphone works really well in places like Germany and Portugal where the atmosphere is one of the best in Europe.

Saorsa
14-01-2013, 08:37 AM
The microphone works really well in places like Germany and Portugal where the atmosphere is one of the best in Europe.Microphones, ****in' brass bands, help ma boab. What happened tae the days when the punters were all that were needed tae make the noise.

Peevemor
14-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Microphones, ****in' brass bands, help ma boab. What happened tae the days when the punters were all that were needed tae make the noise.

You're forgetting :greengrin

http://www.getyourkitsout.com/Ebay.h4.jpg

Saorsa
14-01-2013, 08:42 AM
You're forgetting :greengrin

http://www.getyourkitsout.com/Ebay.h4.jpg:greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
14-01-2013, 09:56 AM
The Wanyama song is to the tune of the song we sang for Callum Booth then the yams done it for Paulo Sergio.

No it's not. You are thinking of the KC & The Sunshine Band song.

Juice-Terry
14-01-2013, 10:11 AM
There weren't too many takers last time I suggested it :greengrin, but I still think we should do something with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1QBKkjYm3o

Cracking tune, and we'd be only ones singing it - guaranteed!

:flag: