PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Today's Matches

Sylar
13-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Man Utd vs Liverpool just now followed by Arsenal vs Man City.

Man Utd 1-0 Liverpool - RVP

Maybe now the Man Utd fans can sing about their team rather than Hillsborough :confused:

leither17
13-01-2013, 12:49 PM
I just said its all Liverpool and knew it was a knack for man utd to score

Wotherspiniesta
13-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Van Persie- What a guy :thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Van Persie- What a guy :thumbsup:Strange, weren't United fans signing about him being a rapist only last season?

Sylar
13-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Liverpool don't half look poor going forward today.

Bit of a non-event so far.

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Liverpool are a poor side, Gerard not the player he was, leaving Suarez is out there on his own.

They used to be the best side in Europe when i was growing up, now they are not even the best side in Liverpool.

Sylar
13-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Should have been 2-0.

Somehow, it isn't.

Pretty Boy
13-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Strange, weren't United fans signing about him being a rapist only last season?

Football fans being fickle. Whatever next?

As for the game, Joe Allen must be the most overrated player going. He's murder. Poor game really but the pre match predictions of Suarez running Ferdinand ragged aren't looking too clever right now. United looking comfortable in the midfield without really having to do a lot.

As an.aside well done to Man City fans for refusing to pay £62 for a ticket at Arsenal.

Sylar
13-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Football fans being fickle. Whatever next?

As for the game, Joe Allen must be the most overrated player going. He's murder. Poor game really but the pre match predictions of Suarez running Ferdinand ragged aren't looking too clever right now. United looking comfortable in the midfield without really having to do a lot.

As an.aside well done to Man City fans for refusing to pay £62 for a ticket at Arsenal.

Indeed - £62 for a football match is ridiculous.

Haymaker
13-01-2013, 01:23 PM
As for the game, Joe Allen must be the most overrated player going.

:agree: He is a very good player however he is just a water-carrier and nothing more. If you want to be a top side you need more than he offers. Didnt they pay a stupid price for him too?

Haymaker
13-01-2013, 01:24 PM

Outrageous price for a game of fitba!

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2013, 01:25 PM

:agree: I'd imagine there is a ceiling price that folk will pay to go to the football, and for the majority its a lot lower than £62?

Haymaker
13-01-2013, 01:29 PM
:agree: I'd imagine there is a ceiling price that folk will pay to go to the football, and for the majority its a lot lower than £62?

If you're as tight as I am it certainly is a lot lower! :greengrin

leither17
13-01-2013, 01:35 PM
:agree: He is a very good player however he is just a water-carrier and nothing more. If you want to be a top side you need more than he offers. Didnt they pay a stupid price for him too?

15 I think

Haymaker
13-01-2013, 01:37 PM
15 I think

I thought it was £15m, that is a sheer waste of cash. Could have gone to abroad and bought better option for cheaper/same price.

silverhibee
13-01-2013, 01:45 PM
2-0

silverhibee
13-01-2013, 01:46 PM
2-0 Vidic goal.

leither17
13-01-2013, 01:49 PM
2-1 sturridge

Sylar
13-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Dangerous position here with RVP over the ball...

leither17
13-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I thought it was £15m, that is a sheer waste of cash. Could have gone to abroad and bought better option for cheaper/same price.

Rodgers seems to buy who he knows and has worked with Sturridge Allen borini and tried to get Siguršsson before he went to spurs

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Scousers with flares, and a few with tank tops too. :wink:

silverhibee
13-01-2013, 01:56 PM
:tee hee:

leither17
13-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Man utd are looking shaky here

Sylar
13-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Shocking dive from Downing. No wonder Evra's peeved.

Wotherspiniesta
13-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Is this the only fixture Gerrard tries in? Rolling back the years today!

Into injury time, Utd hanging on.

Wotherspiniesta
13-01-2013, 02:25 PM
Is this the only fixture Gerrard tries in? Rolling back the years today!

Into injury time, Utd hanging on.

Hang on! 2-1. 10 point lead for a couple of hours at least :aok:

Sylar
13-01-2013, 02:25 PM
10 point gap opened up ahead of City's tricky trip to the Emirates.

League over if Arsenal win?

Sylar
13-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Arsenal 0-1 Man City - Barry

Arsenal also down to 10 men after Koscielny was somewhat controversially ordered off inside 10 minutes for conceding a penalty after hauling down Dzeko (which was subsequently missed).

How bad is Abou Diaby?!

Sylar
13-01-2013, 03:30 PM
Arsenal 0-2 Man City - Dzeko

So one sided...

hibsbollah
13-01-2013, 03:33 PM

Arsenal also down to 10 men after Koscielny was somewhat controversially ordered off inside 10 minutes for conceding a penalty after hauling down Dzeko (which was subsequently missed).

How bad is Abou Diaby?!

Diaby is a great player IMO. Unfortunately hes always injured and still not 100% today.

SMAXXA
13-01-2013, 03:35 PM

How bad is Abou Diaby?!

I think he's a cracking player tbh, isn't he just back from a long injury? Take it he's playing tom kite?

leither17
13-01-2013, 03:37 PM
I think he's a cracking player tbh, isn't he just back from a long injury? Take it he's playing tom kite?

First game in 3 months

Sylar
13-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Diaby is a great player IMO. Unfortunately hes always injured and still not 100% today.

This is the first time I've seen him play in a while TBH and he's well off the pace today :agree:

Sylar
13-01-2013, 03:39 PM
First game in 3 months

Guess I should cut him some slack then :greengrin

He shouldn't be on the park if he's not ready though - based on his performance first half, he's far from match fit.

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2013, 03:39 PM
This is Diabys first game in 3 and a half months, he'd not be on the pitch if Arteta was not injured yesterday.

jgl07
13-01-2013, 03:49 PM
10 point gap opened up ahead of City's tricky trip to the Emirates.

League over if Arsenal win?

People said that last season. Then there were six matches to go then Now there are sixteen!

Iggy Pope
13-01-2013, 03:52 PM

How bad is Abou Diaby?!

Milner, just in case any unfortunates have Barry as 1st scorer.

And Diaby hasn't played for months. If you think he's a bad player you must have seen some belters in your time.......

Craig_in_Prague
13-01-2013, 03:55 PM
had Dzeko 1st goal. Shocking pen :-(

Sylar
13-01-2013, 04:05 PM
And Diaby hasn't played for months. If you think he's a bad player you must have seen some belters in your time.......

I was being specific to today's game.

Iggy Pope
13-01-2013, 04:13 PM
I was being specific to today's game.

Big Niall used the phrase 'ring rusty'. Think that is about right.

leither17
13-01-2013, 04:16 PM

Means a whole different thing in my house

Sylar
13-01-2013, 04:18 PM

:agree:

I've not had the commentary on as I'm listening to ESPN radio so didn't realise he had been out for so long when I initially posted.

hibsbollah
13-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Diaby qualifies as a typical Wenger buy. Looked like he could be one of the worlds best players before coming to Arsenal, and got worse under Wenger (see also Nasri and Arshavin).

Craig_in_Prague
13-01-2013, 04:33 PM
how is that a red ffs

easty
13-01-2013, 04:33 PM
never a red card

blackpoolhibs
13-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Shocking by the ref, trying to justify it by saying it was a 2 footed tackle? :rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Diaby qualifies as a typical Wenger buy. Looked like he could be one of the worlds best players before coming to Arsenal, and got worse under Wenger (see also Nasri and Arshavin).Sorry but this is complete and utter rubbish.

Diaby is a good player, he has not got worse under Wenger, on his day he is much much better than he was when Arsenal first signed him.

Nasri had a good 6 months at Arsenal, little to do with Wenger he just didn't bother his arse the rest of the time there.

Arshavin is another one, he rarely bothered.

You also forget all the players that became brilliant under Wenger, guys like Henry, Vieira, Toure, Pires, Lauren, Anelka, Ljungberg, Fabregas, RVP and so on.

hibsbollah
13-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Sorry but this is complete and utter rubbish.

Diaby is a good player, he has not got worse under Wenger, on his day he is much much better than he was when Arsenal first signed him.

Nasri had a good 6 months at Arsenal, little to do with Wenger he just didn't bother his arse the rest of the time there.

Arshavin is another one, he rarely bothered.

You also forget all the players that became brilliant under Wenger, guys like Henry, Vieira, Toure, Pires, Lauren, Anelka, Ljungberg, Fabregas, RVP and so on.

Arshavin was one of the hottest properties in world football when he left Zenit with the UEFA cup. Nasri was the best player in France at OM and was talked as the new Zizou. Diaby had already looked sensational and Wenger knew all about him because of Clarefontaine. None of them have kicked on.

The players you mention from the unbeatables generation are from when he actually had knowledge of the best players in France and Europe. He hasnt got that anymore and it shows.

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2013, 05:38 PM
So he signed the best player in France yet had no knowledge of the best players in France? I didn't deny Arshavin was brilliant but he was and is horribly lazy, ask any Arsenal fans who watch him, I'm sure they would tell you similar.

Aldo
13-01-2013, 05:43 PM

Arsenal have the dearest ST in Britain and prob Europe. Think I read that the cheapest was nearly a grand and that doesn't include games v Man U, spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool or Europe.

That is daylight robbery.

Sylar
13-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Arsenal have the dearest ST in Britain and prob Europe. Think I read that the cheapest was nearly a grand and that doesn't include games v Man U, spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool or Europe.

That is daylight robbery.

Some of their STs are nearly £2k apparently! I didn't read the details of those tickets or what they include mind you but that's absurd.

They're not even "top 4" material anymore!

lapsedhibee
13-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Arshavin was one of the hottest properties in world football when he left Zenit with the UEFA cup. Nasri was the best player in France at OM and was talked as the new Zizou. Diaby had already looked sensational and Wenger knew all about him because of Clarefontaine. None of them have kicked on.

The players you mention from the unbeatables generation are from when he actually had knowledge of the best players in France and Europe. He hasnt got that anymore and it shows.

Invincibles. The unbeatables were the Hearts team that won the Champs League under Hurly Burley.

Wembley67
13-01-2013, 05:54 PM

And the irony is that it's teams like Man City that are driving the price up with their ridiculous spending!! What was it they have spent, something around £700 million :greengrin

Sir David Gray
13-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Some of their STs are nearly £2k apparently! I didn't read the details of those tickets or what they include mind you but that's absurd.

They're not even "top 4" material anymore!

Yep, the top price for a season ticket at the Emirates just now is £1,955. That works out at over £100 per game!

That is shocking.

For that sort of price, I would be wanting a stand named after me and a place on the bench!

Sylar
13-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Yep, the top price for a season ticket at the Emirates just now is £1,955. That works out at over £100 per game!

That is shocking.

For that sort of price, I would be wanting a stand named after me and a place on the bench!

Is that in some plush seated area or the like? I presume it's nothing fancier than a normal ticket (it's not expensive enough for hospitality STs for example).

Either way, it's exorbitant - the seats all face the same way...

easty
13-01-2013, 06:21 PM

Henry came from Juventus, Viera from Milan, Anelka from PSG, Fabregas from Barca, RVP from Feyenoord. Lauren and Pires were established players in Spain and France. But of course they'd be nothing had it not been for Wenger, plucked from clubs and leagues nobody had ever heard of of course.

easty
13-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Is it obvious I can't stand Arsene Wenger?

hfc rd
13-01-2013, 06:48 PM

That is shocking.

Spoke to a couple of Arsenal fans at the utd v gunners match back in November. They told me that one of the cheapest ST are nearly £1K and that is right at the top tier. Daylight robbery from a team that hasn't won a trophy in 8 years and always lose their best players.

My Man Utd season ticket cost me £550 and that includes all 19 EPL home games. The cup and European package works on how successful the team are in the competitions and the ticket office direct debit the discounted price out of your account (roughly £27.75) a couple of weeks before the match.

Jonnyboy
13-01-2013, 07:48 PM
Back on the topic of today's matches ..... :wink:

Malaga 0 Barca 1 at half time.

PS Gerry Armstrong is a total fud and his fuddery inceases week by week as his obvious dislike of Barca manifests itself in his inane drivelling. You're right, I don't like him :greengrin

Sir David Gray
13-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Spoke to a couple of Arsenal fans at the utd v gunners match back in November. They told me that one of the cheapest ST are nearly £1K and that is right at the top tier. Daylight robbery from a team that hasn't won a trophy in 8 years and always lose their best players.

My Man Utd season ticket cost me £550 and that includes all 19 EPL home games. The cup and European package works on how successful the team are in the competitions and the ticket office direct debit the discounted price out of your account (roughly £27.75) a couple of weeks before the match.

That's not bad for a season ticket at Old Trafford, less than £30 a game!

I think the hierarchy at Arsenal are having a laugh if I'm being honest. To be the most expensive team to follow in England and probably one of the most expensive teams in the world, when they don't actually win anything and, as someone else has already said, are always selling their best players, is just ridiculous.

Charging the Manchester City fans £62 for today's game is just disgusting.

Greendub
13-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Barca 2 up now, fabregas

Messi pass was exceptional

Greendub
13-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Back on the topic of today's matches ..... :wink:

Malaga 0 Barca 1 at half time.

PS Gerry Armstrong is a total fud and his fuddery inceases week by week as his obvious dislike of Barca manifests itself in his inane drivelling. You're right, I don't like him :greengrin

He does my box in!

MWHIBBIES
13-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Henry came from Juventus, Viera from Milan, Anelka from PSG, Fabregas from Barca, RVP from Feyenoord. Lauren and Pires were established players in Spain and France. But of course they'd be nothing had it not been for Wenger, plucked from clubs and leagues nobody had ever heard of of course.Yeah, you're right, all were world class players before Wenger signed them. He spent millions on them and didn't help their careers at all.

Greendub
13-01-2013, 08:37 PM
3-0 barca nice goal from thiago

Jonnyboy
13-01-2013, 08:49 PM
He does my box in!

Indeed. Commentator Rob Palmer is as bad. His little gem tonight was that De Michelis isn't in the Spanish National squad these days. No surprise really as De Michelis is Argentinian

hfc rd
13-01-2013, 09:03 PM
That's not bad for a season ticket at Old Trafford, less than £30 a game!

I think the hierarchy at Arsenal are having a laugh if I'm being honest. To be the most expensive team to follow in England and probably one of the most expensive teams in the world, when they don't actually win anything and, as someone else has already said, are always selling their best players, is just ridiculous.

Charging the Manchester City fans £62 for today's game is just disgusting.

True. City gave up a third of their allocation as to charge them £62 a ticket plus don't forget petrol and accommodation ain't going to be cheap either. Like you said, pure stupidity from the ersenil hierarchy. Got no consideration at all. I wonder if any other club will charge gooner fans this sort of cash. Then again they will pay that no doubt with some of them wasting £1K in a ST on a team that can't win a trophy and whose best players always depart.

Hibee Ryan
13-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Indeed. Commentator Rob Palmer is as bad. His little gem tonight was that De Michelis isn't in the Spanish National squad these days. No surprise really as De Michelis is Argentinian

Everything about Sky's coverage is incredibly shoddy. It's so poor, the commentators and the "pundits"...

Tynie01011973
13-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Everything about Sky's coverage is incredibly shoddy. It's so poor, the commentators and the "pundits"...

Really ? It is much better than ESPN and the terrestrial channels - Craig Burley v Gary Neville is no contest regarding in-depth knowledge of the game.

Although, don't know what they are thinking about having 2 ex-Liverpool players as 'pundits' today - Jamie Redknapp is the most biased 'pundit' of the lot - Souness is far more accurate and unbiased with his assessments of games than Redknapp IMO

Hibee Ryan
13-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Really ? It is much better than ESPN and the terrestrial channels - Craig Burley v Gary Neville is no contest regarding in-depth knowledge of the game.

Although, don't know what they are thinking about having 2 ex-Liverpool players as 'pundits' today - Jamie Redknapp is the most biased 'pundit' of the lot - Souness is far more accurate and unbiased with his assessments of games than Redknapp IMO

My bad, I was meaning the Spanish coverage. No effort seems to be put into it. But I agree about Redknapp, when you have pundits saying "us" or "we" you know it's not going to go well

lapsedhibee
13-01-2013, 09:44 PM
Shirley Manchester U's second goal was offside? Evra heads it forward and it bounces off Vidic past Reina - Vidic is offside at the point that the ball leaves Evra's heid, non? :dunno:

Tynie01011973
13-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Shirley Manchester U's second goal was offside? Evra heads it forward and it bounces off Vidic past Reina - Vidic is offside at the point that the ball leaves Evra's heid, non? :dunno:

Was there clear 'daylight' between Evra and Vidic when Evra headed the ball ? Was Vidic in front of Evra when he actually headed the ball ?

If you watch the slowed down footage he is actually level or just behind Evra when Evra heads the ball - when it hit him he was slightly in front yes but the important thing is was he in front at the time of the last touch - go back and look at it

:wink:

lapsedhibee
13-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Was there clear 'daylight' between Evra and Vidic when Evra headed the ball ? Was Vidic in front of Evra when he actually headed the ball ?

If you watch the slowed down footage he is actually level or just behind Evra when Evra heads the ball - when it hit him he was slightly in front yes but the important thing is was he in front at the time of the last touch - go back and look at it

:wink:

Take your word for it, I don't have MOTD2+. (PS Don't think daylight's necessary for offside though, is it?)