PDA

View Full Version : McInnes Sacked

SMAXXA
12-01-2013, 06:59 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21001780

Not surprised really they have been doing terrible and dropped bottom of the league, shame for him though always quite liked him and hoped he would be a success down there.

Wonder what Liam Kelly thinks of that after just signing for them

Hovehibby
12-01-2013, 07:23 PM
shame. Did good things with St J - massive task at Bristol C - hope he gets back into the game soon

Piqué
12-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Fenlon out, McInnes in

SMAXXA
12-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Fenlon out, McInnes in

What's the chances Lomas or Butcher to go daaan south and McInness in at one of those clubs? Can't see him getting another job down there so might have to come back up the road?

Stevie Reid
12-01-2013, 07:32 PM
Did a great job at St. Johnstone, and will get the next SPL job that comes up I reckon. Dundee Utd may well look at him as I believe that Houston is out of contract at the end of the season and doesn't seem like he'll be staying.

Mr White
12-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Will get the next SPL job that comes up I reckon. Dundee Utd may well look at him as I believe that Houston is out of contract at the end of the season and doesn't seem like he'll be staying.

I could see him being successful at united, they've a good squad with plenty decent young players, if they can keep a hold of most of them and got McInnes in I think they'd push on from where they are now. He's a good manager by spl standards.

hibees 7062
12-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Did a great job at St. Johnstone, and will get the next SPL job that comes up I reckon. Dundee Utd may well look at him as I believe that Houston is out of contract at the end of the season and doesn't seem like he'll be staying.

Being emptied for refusing to take a 60% pay cut and no 51 wants a 200% payrise :fenlon

Famous Fiver
12-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Kiss of death.

Apparently Harry Potter has been down doing some consultancy work with him this week.

Wonder if he played 4-6-0 today?

justlikebrazil
12-01-2013, 07:43 PM

Not surprised really they have been doing terrible and dropped bottom of the league, shame for him though always quite liked him and hoped he would be a success down there.

Im sure Webster was linked with Bristol City. What a shame if Hearts lose out on some much needed cash!!! :na na:

bingo70
12-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Shows how bonkers football's got considering he was allowed to buy liam Kelly from killie last week, why let him buy players then sack him straight away?

lord bunberry
12-01-2013, 08:23 PM
What's the chances Lomas or Butcher to go daaan south and McInness in at one of those clubs? Can't see him getting another job down there so might have to come back up the road?
Butcher turned down the barnsley job so I.can't see him being interested in the bristol job but you never know with football

SMAXXA
12-01-2013, 08:33 PM

Not a bad shout Stevie lad, where u been not seen you posting recently? Or have I not been looking at the right threads.

I recon with Levein and McInness kicking about there could be a temptation for UTD to make a change as they have been pretty poor this season and are on a terrible run.

vanNISHtelroy
12-01-2013, 08:34 PM

Shows how stupid he was to go! He was being linked with a couple of clubs in and around the playoffs, and ends up going to a team thats gonna get relegated in the first week of the window without waiting to see who else came in. Wonder who his agent is?

bigwheel
12-01-2013, 08:50 PM
I still think he is a talented manager - he will be back ...

SMAXXA
12-01-2013, 08:53 PM
I still think he is a talented manager - he will be back ...

I agree and I hope he will be

Hibernia Na Eir
12-01-2013, 10:35 PM
shame. Did good things with St J - massive task at Bristol C - hope he gets back into the game soon

really?! what DID he do at St J? Bristol are infinitely bigger than Perth outfit. He was way, way out his depth down south. He's burnt his fingers now. Can't say I've any sympathy for the ex-hun.

Stevie Reid
12-01-2013, 11:03 PM
really?! what DID he do at St J? Bristol are infinitely bigger than Perth outfit. He was way, way out his depth down south. He's burnt his fingers now. Can't say I've any sympathy for the ex-hun.

Got them promoted from the First Division for the first time in seven years in his first full season in charge, then led them to two 8th place finishes in the SPL in the next two years. They were 5th in the SPL when he got the Bristol City job.

Stevie Reid
12-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Not a bad shout Stevie lad, where u been not seen you posting recently? Or have I not been looking at the right threads.

I recon with Levein and McInness kicking about there could be a temptation for UTD to make a change as they have been pretty poor this season and are on a terrible run.

Just been busy as **** at work mate! Just had a wee statto-type post just for you though bud :wink:

SMAXXA
12-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Got them promoted from the First Division for the first time in seven years in his first full season in charge, then led them to two 8th place finishes in the SPL in the next two years. They were 5th in the SPL when he got the Bristol City job.

Yeah but what did he really do apart from that :-)

I don't understand people who have no sympathy for someone losing their job that's really not done us any ills. I take no satisfaction in a young scottish manager failing to make the grade down south, especially when he left ST J to try test himself at a bigger club. Natural progression IMO.

Good luck to him I say.

Stevie Reid
13-01-2013, 12:13 AM

I don't understand people who have no sympathy for someone losing their job that's really not done us any ills. I take no satisfaction in a young scottish manager failing to make the grade down south, especially when he left ST J to try test himself at a bigger club. Natural progression IMO.

Good luck to him I say.

Same here mate. Could well have been our manager had he been at St. Johnstone a couple of weeks longer.

Stonewall
13-01-2013, 12:13 AM

Good luck to him I say.

So shallow. Did it ever cross your mind tht the problems at Bristol City may just run a bit deeper than requiring a change of managr to sort. I think many of the Villa fans who wanted McLeish out are having cause to refect now.

stevenhibs
13-01-2013, 05:19 AM
So shallow. Did it ever cross your mind tht the problems at Bristol City may just run a bit deeper than requiring a change of managr to sort. I think many of the Villa fans who wanted McLeish out are having cause to refect now.

Yep. City have been garbage for about 3 years now, flirting with relegation each season but somehow managing to survive.

Jim44
13-01-2013, 08:21 AM
I read recently that Murray Davidson was maybe joining McInnes at BC. He's a better player than that and now he might look for a better move.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-01-2013, 09:45 AM
If you look at the goals that BC lost yesterday, the next manager for them would nornally be an "old head", who would organise them and make them hard to beat.

givescotlandfreedom
13-01-2013, 11:21 AM

They weren't far from putting us out the league cup either and getting into the final.

Part/Time Supporter
13-01-2013, 11:38 AM
They weren't far from putting us out the league cup either and getting into the final.

Owen Coyle (another sacking victim this season) was St Johnstone manager then.

:agree:

silverhibee
13-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Owen Coyle (another sacking victim this season) was St Johnstone manager then.

:agree:

And Steve Lomas could be in the running for the BC job now.

Part/Time Supporter
13-01-2013, 12:02 PM
And Steve Lomas could be in the running for the BC job now.

He will probably tout himself for it, but won't get it.

Stevie Reid
14-01-2013, 12:29 PM
I see BC have appointed Sean O'Driscoll - his availability no doubt hastened McInnes' sacking.

SMAXXA
14-01-2013, 12:34 PM
I see BC have appointed Sean O'Driscoll - his availability no doubt hastened McInnes' sacking.

On SSN earlier BC were saying SO was interviewed at the same time as DM and they went for DM. When he was sacjed the only one they wanted was SO apparently as he impressed that much.

Stevie Reid
14-01-2013, 12:36 PM
On SSN earlier BC were saying SO was interviewed at the same time as DM and they went for DM. When he was sacjed the only one they wanted was SO apparently as he impressed that much.

That's apparently what we did with Calderwood! (once the Steve Clark route wasn't pursued)

SMAXXA
14-01-2013, 12:38 PM
That's apparently what we did with Calderwood! (once the Steve Clark route wasn't pursued)

Hope the fair better than us then if thats the case :wink:

Stevie Reid
14-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Hope the fair better than us then if thats the case :wink:

****ing right mate! Worst managerial appointment we ever made.

Mr White
14-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Stevie Clark- the one that got away for us? Doing well at WBA.

Stevie Reid
14-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Stevie Clark- the one that got away for us? Doing well at WBA.

Yep, we'll always wonder!