12-01-2013, 05:14 PM
Jones http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20919087
Well done the big man :not worth

FraserHFC
12-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Clayton Donaldson scored two today for third placed Brentford :agree:

lord bunberry
12-01-2013, 05:40 PM
He has scored a few lately. He was second only to sauzee as the best centre half I've seen at easter road a real winner

ancient hibee
12-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Clayton Donaldson scored two today for third placed Brentford :agree:

Top scorer in the division.

PISTOL1875
12-01-2013, 06:15 PM
He has scored a few lately. He was second only to sauzee as the best centre half I've seen at easter road a real winner

better than Ulrik Laursen when he played there ?? No chance..

lord bunberry
12-01-2013, 07:05 PM
better than Ulrik Laursen when he played there ?? No chance..

Laursen was a left back

sambajustice
12-01-2013, 08:00 PM

Do you not think that's over-egging Jones' cake a little bit???

lord bunberry
12-01-2013, 08:18 PM

I can't think of a better centre half. who would you go for

Jonnyboy
12-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Top scorer in the division.

:agree: And written off by many on here

MontrealHibs
12-01-2013, 08:53 PM

Ryan McGivern and James McPake. :-)

Golden Bear
12-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Some Hibs fans never appreciated the value of Rob Jones until he was gone.

He was a major asset with a great attitude that's for sure.

Scouse Hibee
12-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Some Hibs fans never appreciated the value of Rob Jones until he was gone.

He was a major asset with a great attitude that's for sure.

:agree: Cup Winning Centre Half, Captain and a great leader on the pitch, prone to the odd wander out of position but on the whole a major player for Hibs.

lord bunberry
12-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Ryan McGivern and James McPake. :-)

Mcgivern has only played a couple of games at centre half and its to early to compare mcpake with Jones

PISTOL1875
12-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Laursen was a left back

he played CB for a period of time as well

Steve-O
12-01-2013, 10:59 PM

No.

lord bunberry
12-01-2013, 11:12 PM
he played CB for a period of time as well

I know but he played far more at left back

s.a.m
12-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Is the Morais, listed as a sub for Stevenage, our Morais?

Sir David Gray
12-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Is the Morais, listed as a sub for Stevenage, our Morais?

Yep.

s.a.m
12-01-2013, 11:59 PM
Yep.

:aok:

sambajustice
13-01-2013, 12:14 AM

Joe McLaughlin

Mister P
13-01-2013, 12:18 AM
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23robjonesfacts&src=hash

Boyle89
13-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Brilliant! I remember when I first saw Jones I thought he wasnt up to much. By the time he left he had made a lasting impression on me and many others.:not worth

KWJ
13-01-2013, 02:28 AM
Jones was good but him and Maka had an awful partnership.

Sproule Three
13-01-2013, 04:26 AM
:agree: Cup Winning Centre Half, Captain and a great leader on the pitch, prone to the odd wander out of position but on the whole a major player for Hibs.

Was also fantastic at organising secret dinner parties at the chairmans house when that slave
driving manager went away for a few days - allegedly :wink:

Iain G
13-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Was also fantastic at organising secret dinner parties at the chairmans house when that slave

Bah thought this was gonna be a long overdue thread about Lex Gold....

Scouse Hibee
13-01-2013, 10:30 AM

That was the wandering out of position I mentioned :greengrin

LaMotta
13-01-2013, 10:53 AM
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23robjonesfacts&src=hash

Superb :greengrin

Rob Jones does not have to buy a turkey for Chistmas. The turkey comes to his house, gets in his oven and commits suicide #robjonesfacts (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23robjonesfacts&src=hash)

bigwheel
13-01-2013, 11:04 AM
I loved Rob Jones as a payer...his role in the "coup" against Collins did leave a bit of a bad taste though.....

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Decent player, captain and talisman rolled into one. And as a side issue, we sold him for more than we paid for him.

Keith_M
13-01-2013, 11:29 AM
I loved Rob Jones as a payer...his role in the "coup" against Collins did leave a bit of a bad taste though.....

Don't dis the Jones. He only did it as he felt it was his responsibility as club captain to represent the players. It was all that weasel 'Mikey Mikey's fault.

We're all allowed our own distorted version of history to supported our bias :wink:

Anyway, best CH is a bit over the top. He was no Gordon Rae........

clerriehibs
13-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Don't dis the Jones. He only did it as he felt it was his responsibility as club captain to represent the players. It was all that weasel 'Mikey Mikey's fault.

We're all allowed our own distorted version of history to supported our bias :wink:

Anyway, best CH is a bit over the top. He was no Gordon Rae........

Not much of a leader then. He should have been kicking erses, not knocking on the chairman's door saying "it's not really me, this, but a big ginger boy told me to have a word on behalf of the boys, likesy".

RIP
13-01-2013, 09:49 PM
If you have a formal complaint to make about your manager you are entitled to take that complaint to your employer

Only Rod can say why he invited the players to his home, rather than to Easter Road

It may have been closer to East Mains but as far as industrial relations practices go it wasn't great judgement

Anyone who portays Rob's role in this as anything other than a captain acting honourably on behalf of his team-mates is selling the big man short IMO. Despite the high esteem in which I hold John Collins I don't believe anyone is without fault - not even a Hibs hero. None of us will ever truly know the facts of what happened.

Sproule Three
13-01-2013, 10:09 PM
If you have a formal complaint to make about your manager you are entitled to take that complaint to your employer

Only Rod can say why he invited the players to his home, rather than to Easter Road

It may have been closer to East Mains but as far as industrial relations practices go it wasn't great judgement

Anyone who portays Rob's role in this as anything other than a captain acting honourably on behalf of his team-mates is selling the big man short IMO. Despite the high esteem in which I hold John Collins I don't believe anyone is without fault - not even a Hibs hero. None of us will ever truly know the facts of what happened.

As you say Gogs nobody knows the full story.
i remain suspicious of all of the players who took part in one of the most shameful episodes in our clubs history.The only players who clearly spoke out against it at the time IIRC we're Chris Hogg and Lewis Stevenson so Ill excuse them.
Jones seems to have been given a free ride with no questions asked re his role in the debacle and is still hailed a hero.
I have big reservations A reasonable player who was a cup winning captain but far from a legend or even great player.Wasnt even the best CH at the club at the time as Bamba was there Happy that he has gone as there was still too much of a stench from that episode !

bigwheel
13-01-2013, 11:32 PM
As you say Gogs nobody knows the full story.
i remain suspicious of all of the players who took part in one of the most shameful episodes in our clubs history.The only players who clearly spoke out against it at the time IIRC we're Chris Hogg and Lewis Stevenson so Ill excuse them.
Jones seems to have been given a free ride with no questions asked re his role in the debacle and is still hailed a hero.
I have big reservations A reasonable player who was a cup winning captain but far from a legend or even great player.Wasnt even the best CH at the club at the time as Bamba was there Happy that he has gone as there was still too much of a stench from that episode !

Good summary to me - well made points

IWasThere2016
17-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Doncaster Rovers confirm Brian Flynn has been appointed as their manager and will be assisted by Rob Jones, who will continue in his role as player coach.

Stevie Reid
17-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Doncaster Rovers confirm Brian Flynn has been appointed as their manager and will be assisted by Rob Jones, who will continue in his role as player coach.

Hope he never goes on holiday :greengrin