PDA

View Full Version : rangers fan dies at ibrox

hibeequinn
12-01-2013, 04:37 PM
according to facebook a rangers fan died today at ibrox has anyone else heard this?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

bingo70
12-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Yeah, a friend of mine on Facebook knew him and he's just posted about him, apparently the guys dad died yesterday as well so awful time for that whole family.

Aitchy
12-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Yeah, a friend of mine on Facebook knew him and he's just posted about him, apparently the guys dad died yesterday as well so awful time for that whole family.

Who was it?

Just_Jimmy
12-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Robert learmonth ive heard. Prestonpana branch i think?? I dont know him but horrible thing to happen.

bigwheel
12-01-2013, 05:54 PM
What a really sad turn of events for that family - very very sad RIP

12-01-2013, 05:58 PM
What happened?

Very sad, thoughts go to his family.

lyonhibs
12-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Pretty awful news. Fitba is just a game after all.

Scottie
12-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Very,very sad.

Thoughts go out to the family RIP

Frazerbob
12-01-2013, 06:15 PM
Very sad.

The match reporter at Ibrox on Radio Scotland was making a huge deal about the poor atmosphere mid-way through the game and blaming it on the fact that the game meant nothing due to the up-coming reconstruction. Reading a few Rangers forums, it appears the fans knew about the guy taking ill and could see him getting CPR for 20 minutes and it was this that caused everyone to be quiet.

Jim44
12-01-2013, 06:20 PM

Tragic for the family. I mentioned this to my wife whose unexpected response was 'what was he doing at a football match less than 24 hours since the death of his father.

HibeeSince85
12-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Tragic for the family. I mentioned this to my wife whose unexpected response was 'what was he doing at a football match less than 24 hours since the death of his father.

That was my original thoughts too. However that doesn't matter. Sad news, a guy left for the fitba today and didn't come back.

S.sct
12-01-2013, 06:39 PM
From my neck of the woods, allthough only know of the family. RIP

H18sry
12-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Very sad.

The match reporter at Ibrox on Radio Scotland was making a huge deal about the poor atmosphere mid-way through the game and blaming it on the fact that the game meant nothing due to the up-coming reconstruction. Reading a few Rangers forums, it appears the fans knew about the guy taking ill and could see him getting CPR for 20 minutes and it was this that caused everyone to be quiet.

To be fair to the reporter he never new what was going on around about him.

Scouse Hibee
12-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Very sad news when one of our own (a football supporter) goes to the match and doesn't return. RIP.

TheReg!
12-01-2013, 06:57 PM

To be fair maybe him and his dad went to games together, if he was my son and we went to games together I would want him to still go. It is very sad.

Hovehibby
12-01-2013, 07:25 PM
RIP. Thoughts with the family.

english_hibee
12-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Football's a game, no more, no less, and no one should go to a game and not return.

A good friend of mine is a Rangers fan, and was at Ibrox today, my heart dropped when I read this thread, and (apologies to the family of the gentleman involved) lifted when I realised it wasn't him.

RIP

--------
12-01-2013, 07:43 PM
To be fair to the reporter he never new what was going on around about him.

He's a neews reporter, a journalist. He's supposed to know what's going on. If the fans cpould work out that something was wrong, he should have been able to do the same.

Unless he was sitting in the warm studio making it up as he went along.

Two deaths in two days in that family - that's awful. Condolences to them.

JimBHibees
12-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Very sad. RIP.

Speedy
12-01-2013, 08:02 PM
To be fair maybe him and his dad went to games together, if he was my son and we went to games together I would want him to still go. It is very sad.

:agree:

There isn't really a right thing to do when a loved one dies and as you say it's probably what his Dad would've wanted.

Does anyone know what happened to the guy today?

Edit: Just read on a Rangers forum that he had a heart attack.

Scouse Hibee
12-01-2013, 08:04 PM

There isn't really a right thing to do when a loved one dies and as you say it's probably what his Dad would've wanted.

Does anyone know what happened to the guy today?

You do what feels right to you, nothing else matters.

hfc rd
12-01-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm shocked. RIP. Condolences to the family members and close friends.

Speedy
12-01-2013, 08:07 PM
You do what feels right to you, nothing else matters.

inglisavhibs
12-01-2013, 08:14 PM
according to facebook a rangers fan died today at ibrox has anyone else heard this?

Robert was in my primary class at Cockenzie primary school. Very sad.

gegs70
12-01-2013, 08:34 PM
RIP - regardless of what team it is my thoughts go to his family.

hibeequinn
12-01-2013, 09:04 PM
yeah was a heart attack and died on way to hospital

Alfred E Newman
12-01-2013, 09:07 PM
Absolutely terrible set of circumstances. Life can be so cruel sometimes.

ALF TUPPER
12-01-2013, 09:18 PM
RIP
So sad for that poor family again. The lad went to see his team and isnt going home. Thoughts and prayers for them.

McHibby
12-01-2013, 11:30 PM
I was just chatting online to a mate of mine who is a Rangers fan. He was saying that a large number of Celtic fans have been on Rangers forums leaving their condolences. But also a sizeable minority finding it funny.

The sad thing is I am not even surprised at that. How the hell can you foster so much hatred that you have no compassion when someone dies? It is only a game.

Bishop Hibee
12-01-2013, 11:40 PM

That was my original thoughts too. However that doesn't matter. Sad news, a guy left for the fitba today and didn't come back.

On the 'death and football' note, my own dad, a diehard Hibs fan and longtime ST holder, passed away after a battle with cancer on the day of the Hibs v Dunfermline semi final (1st game). My wife phoned me to break the news just as I was about to go through the turnstile at Hampden. My mum hadn't wanted to phone until after the game as it would have spoiled me and my brothers' enjoyment of it! Funny thing is my dad would have thoroughly approved. Watched the full 90 mins and back on the bus home.

Thought and prayers with the deceased's family. RIP.

IWasThere2016
13-01-2013, 06:13 AM
Sad news, and terrible that the family lost another at the same time. RIP.

lobster
13-01-2013, 09:33 AM
I was just chatting online to a mate of mine who is a Rangers fan. He was saying that a large number of Celtic fans have been on Rangers forums leaving their condolences. But also a sizeable minority finding it funny.

The sad thing is I am not even surprised at that. How the hell can you foster so much hatred that you have no compassion when someone dies? It is only a game.

Tragic that some people would do that. Despite them, its important not to taint the majority of celtic fans with a few a-holes.
Very sad news. Condolences to the family.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-01-2013, 09:58 AM
real shame. I would say that if the posts about Celtc fans finding this funny are true, those folk are saying more about themselves as people.

Scouse Hibee
13-01-2013, 10:26 AM

Maybe some of the folk who posted on the hatred of Hearts/Fans etc could explain? :dunno:

hibeequinn
13-01-2013, 10:43 AM
the comments I have seen is boy took heart attack as he found out his beloved team will still be in division 3 there honestly is some sick folk in this world.

Keith_M
13-01-2013, 11:06 AM
Maybe some of the folk who posted on the hatred of Hearts/Fans etc could explain? :dunno:

the comments I have seen is boy took heart attack as he found out his beloved team will still be in division 3 there honestly is some sick folk in this world.

Guys, can I request that we just keep this thread to condolences and don't lower ourselves by discussing in great detail the views of some Morons. I know it's tempting but I feel the best thing we can do is to rise above it and not give them the 'airtime'.

p.s. This is in NO way a dig at the people I quoted, so please don't take it personally.

MB62
13-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Please don't get into this debate, it's really not the correct setting.

If you both want to discuss it, I'm sure you can start another thread

Nakedmanoncrack
13-01-2013, 09:02 PM

Was actually last Tuesday when his father died, still tragic but not as close to the game yesterday as has been suggested.

McHibby
14-01-2013, 05:17 AM
Guys, can I request that we just keep this thread to condolences and don't lower ourselves by discussing in great detail the views of some Morons. I know it's tempting but I feel the best thing we can do is to rise above it and not give them the 'airtime'.

p.s. This is in NO way a dig at the people I quoted, so please don't take it personally.

Sorry guys, it really wasn't my intention to turn this thread into something else. I found this story so utterly sad for the man's family, I feel heart-sorry for them. I just couldn't understand how anybody could feel any different. I didn't mean to offend anyone, especially those of you who knew him.

fatbloke
15-01-2013, 06:13 AM
If you had asked big Rab Learmonth where he wanted to die he would have answered Ibrox without thinking about it. RIP Rab.