PDA

View Full Version : 6-2 away support

hibby rae
11-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Was watching the 6-2 game and one of the things I noticed was the piss poor attendance from the Merricks. I only bring this up because they like to point out our attendance at derbies, home games etc but that must be the worst away crowd I've ever seen at a derby.

Ritchie
11-01-2013, 11:59 AM
i'm sure this is when they were boycotting Easter Road due to us increasing the ticket prices.

Gatecrasher
11-01-2013, 12:00 PM
you have it all wrong, they were doing a protest about ticket prices. Nothing to do with the fact they were going to get stuffed that night.

hibby rae
11-01-2013, 12:04 PM
i'm sure this is when they were boycotting Easter Road due to us increasing the ticket prices.

That's a joke in itself considering they charge more than we do for games.

Ritchie
11-01-2013, 12:08 PM
That's a joke in itself considering they charge more than we do for games.

not back when the 6-2 game was played hence the poor away crowd.

Russell The Dug
11-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Was it no a pieman protest? ***** support cause they knew they would get ****ed like previous and following derbies.

Big Frank
11-01-2013, 12:11 PM
you have it all wrong, they were doing a protest about ticket prices. Nothing to do with the fact they were going to get stuffed that night.

exactly! That pumping was on the cards - definately!

They didnae turn up becasue they knew they were going to be horsed. Ticket had **** all to do with it, whatever the Merricks say.

Facts are boys and girls, they hate Hibs more than they love hertz.

They are also very, very ugly.

Saorsa
11-01-2013, 12:13 PM
not back when the 6-2 game was played hence the poor away crowd.It had nothing tae dae with the prices.

Ritchie
11-01-2013, 12:19 PM
It had nothing tae dae with the prices.

do you have anything more to add on that? :na na:

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Hearts 2nd got a bigger cheer from the Hibs end than it did from the couple of dozen left in the away end, it was almost worth conceding the goal for the pisstake as much as anything!

lord bunberry
11-01-2013, 01:02 PM
The reason they didn't turn up was for once we were the team on a good run and they knew they were in for a tanking miraculously when there form picked up a bit later they filled the away end no problem

superfurryhibby
11-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Hearts 2nd got a bigger cheer from the Hibs end than it did from the couple of dozen left in the away end, it was almost worth conceding the goal for the pisstake as much as anything!

I remember that well.

There was a large dose of sarcasm in the cheer. To be fair the Hearts team never really gave up the night, they were just totally outclassed by a far superior team. They even had the cheek to score first.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-01-2013, 01:19 PM
I doubt the bookies paid out on the scorecast to anyone.

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-01-2013, 01:21 PM
I still fume with rage at that second goal :fuming:

They or their tiny support didn't deserve it, totally outclassed that night.

heretoday
11-01-2013, 01:27 PM
Was it no a pieman protest? ***** support cause they knew they would get ****ed like previous and following derbies.

I met the pieman once and he was really nice. Too nice for the Merricks anyway.

Why are they called the Merricks by the way? Good name.

Kato
11-01-2013, 01:27 PM

Didn't swallow that at the time and don't now. They knew we were going to hump them.

hibby rae
11-01-2013, 01:35 PM

John Merrick aka the elephant man.

Bobo
11-01-2013, 02:47 PM
John Merrick aka the elephant man.

Only thing is, he was ten times more handsome than the average jambo.

hfc rd
11-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Nothing to do with ticket prices. They knew they were going to get horsed big time.

Also, did we not get a goal disallowed as well? Think it was either Mixu or Laursen that scored it.

superfurryhibby
11-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Nothing to do with ticket prices. They knew they were going to get horsed big time.

Also, did we not get a goal disallowed as well? Think it was either Mixu or Laursen that scored it.

Mixu, goal disallowed shortly before we scored our second, just before half time IIRC?

We should have scored more!

JeMeSouviens
11-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Mixu, goal disallowed shortly before we scored our second, just before half time IIRC?

We should have scored more!

:agree: Niemi had a cracking game.

Penrith Hibee
11-01-2013, 04:31 PM
They knew they were going to get humped. End of. If they had any hint of them winning that night their end would have been full. The ticket story was a big, fat, red herring. King Merrick getting booked was one of the highlights (Fulton).

truehibernian
11-01-2013, 05:07 PM
:agree: Niemi had a cracking game.

In all seriousness, when I left the game Niemi was my pick for MotM - he prevented Hearts from a double figure drubbing - and anyone that says otherwise is at it.

Hibs played beautiful football that night, but Niemi, even conceding 6, was top drawer mate I agree.

1two
11-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Quick, someone think up a joke about them dressing as seats.

It's quite pathetic and cringeworthy the guff the spout about edinburgh derby attendances or our attendances in general.
I'll happily say they have a marginally larger fan base than us. They do, I don't care. I still support the best club in Scotland, they don't.

The_Sauz
11-01-2013, 06:56 PM
They never filled their end both games at ER that season :agree:
Cat B games £18 Cat A Games £21 at the time, and these prices were agreed at the start of the season when the SPL clubs chairmen have a meeting.

3pm
11-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Protest at ticket prices coincided with us pissing all over them. Pricks.

clerriehibs
11-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Protest at ticket prices coincided with us pissing all over them. Pricks.

Bog all to do with ticket prices. Stop giving that excuse the oxygen of repitition. They were going to get horsed and they knew it.

Broken Gnome
11-01-2013, 08:02 PM
They never filled their end both games at ER that season :agree:
Cat B games £18 Cat A Games £21 at the time, and these prices were agreed at the start of the season when the SPL clubs chairmen have a meeting.

They only had a quarter of the South Stand for the second one, the West had been knocked down.

Horrible game, but favourite instance was Williamson's first derby. Didn't even have to open the top tier. They also only managed about 1,400 in the first game (de la Cruz) that season.

superfurryhibby
11-01-2013, 08:06 PM
They only had a quarter of the South Stand for the second one, the West had been knocked down.

Horrible game, but favourite instance was Williamson's first derby. Didn't even have to open the top tier. They also only managed about 1,400 in the first game (de la Cruz) that season.

Richey, your football memory from the noughties is second to none. Impressed (wink)

Broken Gnome
11-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Richey, your football memory from the noughties is second to none. Impressed (wink)

It comes from having size obsessed rivals. Need ammo.

SkintHibby
11-01-2013, 08:17 PM
There has been two TOTALLY one sided derbies I can recall in my time....long time.

One was 6-2.:greengrin

Other was.....well, I'll only say that we spent virtually a whole second half with only 10 men against a club that were paying (or not) wages they could not afford.:boo hoo:

Craig_in_Prague
11-01-2013, 08:24 PM
There has been two TOTALLY one sided derbies I can recall in my time....long time.

One was 6-2.:greengrin

Other was.....well, I'll only say that we spent virtually a whole second half with only 10 men against a club that were paying (or not) wages they could not afford.:boo hoo:

and the league cup qtrs?
82%

Springbank
11-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Just wait til £££ reality hits Tynie next season.

Crowds of 7-8000 at gorgie some weeks and a 800 strong travelling support for derbies.

It's the hwarts way

3pm
11-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Bog all to do with ticket prices. Stop giving that excuse the oxygen of repitition. They were going to get horsed and they knew it.

Whoosh.

O'Rourke3
11-01-2013, 11:27 PM

:hijack: I too have met him and before he became involved with them. My first and last impression was he was a complete h*le. Wheatsheaf Catering were an over priced joke, and despite evidence to the contrary, he defended his prices and his service. Both parties deserved each other in my book.

givescotlandfreedom
11-01-2013, 11:41 PM
I still fume with rage at that second goal :fuming:

They or their tiny support didn't deserve it, totally outclassed that night.

I though there was a foul for their second goal which they probably got away with because they were 6-1 down.

givescotlandfreedom
11-01-2013, 11:42 PM
and the league cup qtrs?
82%

We battered then that night, crazy to think it was only 1-0. We hammered their fellow big cup finalists 6-0 before them too.

Steve-O
12-01-2013, 09:48 AM
I do actually recall them moaning about the ticket prices before the game to be honest.

Steve-O
12-01-2013, 09:50 AM

Was that when daftie Mixu chipped a penalty over the bar? I cannot remember the game when the West had been knocked down at all for some reason.

I do remember there were hardly any of them at the De La Cruz game, not sure what the excuse was that day? It was raining :agree:

clerriehibs
12-01-2013, 10:15 AM
I do actually recall them moaning about the ticket prices before the game to be honest.

It wasn't the reason they didn't turn up tho.

Broken Gnome
12-01-2013, 11:58 AM
Was that when daftie Mixu chipped a penalty over the bar? I cannot remember the game when the West had been knocked down at all for some reason.

I do remember there were hardly any of them at the De La Cruz game, not sure what the excuse was that day? It was raining :agree:

Was indeed. I think you can't remember it as nothing happened apart from the penalty.

The de la Cruz game was half empty because of boycott aka fear of a gubbing. On both sides, if you think you'll win, the away ends full regardless of price.

superfurryhibby
12-01-2013, 12:14 PM
It comes from having size obsessed rivals. Need ammo.

Well you know what they say about size, it“s all in how you use it!

Another thing about the 6-2 was the performance of Lyndon Andrews when he came on as a sub. I thought we had unearthed another gem. Wasn“t to be sadly.

Glory Lurker
12-01-2013, 12:22 PM
King Merrick getting booked was one of the highlights (Fulton).

That would have been hilarious, but it wasn't the same game - that was the first derby of the 99/00 season. Ridiculous that he got booked at all, but a class moment!

Keith_M
12-01-2013, 12:39 PM
There was a spell 5-6 years ago where they were getting really poor support at ER, as they hadn't won there in ages. I remember them celebrating a draw during that time like they'd just won the World Cup Final.