PDA

View Full Version : NHC Magners

Aldo
11-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Rangers fans I know are refusing to drink Magners from now on as its the new sponsor of Smellic.

Could only happen in Scotland.

Beefster
11-01-2013, 08:45 AM
I haven't touched Strongbow since they sponsored Hearts. Nothing to do with the fact that it's rank piss water.

down-the-slope
11-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Rangers fans I know are refusing to drink Magners from now on as its the new sponsor of Smellic.

Hardly an issue....now if it was Buckfast or MD 20/20....... Dilemma :greengrin

bingo70
If that's the view rangers fans are taking I hope Celtics next sponsor is oxygen.

(Shamelessly stolen from facebook)

whiskyhibby
I thought Buckfast was the drink of choice for the discerning Rangers fan?

Gatecrasher
I haven't touched Strongbow since they sponsored Hearts. Nothing to do with the fact that it's rank piss water.

Same, Never banked with Ukio Bankas either.

whiskyhibby
11-01-2013, 08:53 AM

Your right grown men and women ( and kids!) behaving as infants.....

Pretty Boy
11-01-2013, 08:54 AM
Magners and Tennents are owned by the same company so are they going to boycott their own sponsors products too?

Fuds.

Craig_in_Prague
11-01-2013, 08:54 AM
heard in the hun hospitality, they don't sell becks (green bottle) and serve green veg etc......

wouldn't surprise me, TBH.

fat freddy
11-01-2013, 08:59 AM

This is why they have shared sponsorship over the last decade or so...companies found that sponsoring one of them meant they lost revenue from the other lot....When McEwans Lager sponsored rangers the product was widely boycotted by celtic fans.

fat freddy
11-01-2013, 09:05 AM

I haven't bought a Mita Photocopier since they sponsored them either....and i stopped borrowing money from Wonga at the start of last season.

Aldo
11-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Hardly an issue....now if it was Buckfast or MD 20/20....... Dilemma :greengrin

That would really **** up the great unwashed

Bostonhibby
11-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Step in the right direction then, maybe the the huns will stop singing bigoted sectarian songs because celtc sing them?

The_Sauz
11-01-2013, 09:44 AM
I Mita taken a loan, but wonga touch that strongbow pish:sick:

I'll get my coat :offski:

Scouse Hibee
11-01-2013, 09:44 AM
heard in the hun hospitality, they don't sell becks (green bottle) and serve green veg etc......

I once installed a full size snooker table in a Rangers supporters club which had to have blue cloth and the green ball replaced with an orange one.

jdships
11-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Nothing new here unfortunately !!

I have a ' friend' who holds a very senior position in a law firm and is died in the wool Orange .
Nice chap who is good company so long as football/religion isn't mentioned !!
He will not buy GREEN raffle tickets , lifted his two GREEN lawns and replaced with slabs/stones , drinks draught beer /cans as he doesn't like green bottles and there are more :rolleyes:
When I asked him if he would act for a known Celtic fan he just shrugged and said ' DEPENDS' ( take it that it would be down to the fees !!)

What chance has the world when there are people like that in influential jobs ?
:confused:

worcesterhibby
11-01-2013, 10:14 AM
I haven't bought a Mita Photocopier since they sponsored them either....and i stopped borrowing money from Wonga at the start of last season.

That's nothing, when John Robertson scored against us in the Derby with Miller Homes written across his chest I was forced to burn my own house down !

Sylar
11-01-2013, 10:17 AM

Not true.

OxoHibby
11-01-2013, 10:27 AM
That's nothing, when John Robertson scored against us in the Derby with Miller Homes written across his chest I was forced to burn my own house down !

:top marks:faf:

Craig_in_Prague
11-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Not true.

knew someone who was there (but talking 10-15 years ago now!), and the person wouldn't lie & went there several times.

OxoHibby
11-01-2013, 10:28 AM

Same mentality happens in many places with football rivalries

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-01-2013, 10:31 AM

Its better than Magners, which is like drinking liquid sugar!

Sylar
11-01-2013, 10:32 AM
knew someone who was there (but talking 10-15 years ago now!), and the person wouldn't lie & went there several times.

My inlaws are ST holders at Ibrox who regularly take out several hospitality packages over the course of the year for clients and I've been taken along a few times in the past few years and I can assure you, I've eaten many green vegetables and drunk things which have come out of green bottles.

You're correct that they don't serve Becks but that's probably because it's piss.

Makaveli
11-01-2013, 01:59 PM
I don't drink Strongbow because of the Hearts link.

Same reason I never wear Pony or Errea. :wink:

Hibee87
11-01-2013, 02:36 PM

WHAT??? Miller Homes sponsered Hearts......I need to find a new job now :(

Technofob
11-01-2013, 04:30 PM
I once installed a full size snooker table in a Rangers supporters club which had to have blue cloth and the green ball replaced with an orange one.

Did you have to get the orange ball specially made or did you take it off a pool table???:confused:

Mr White
11-01-2013, 04:36 PM
I haven't touched tennents lager since they withdrew their sponsorship of the Scottish cup and sponsored the old firm instead. I didn't find it that hard cos, lets face it, its a rubbish beer even by mass produced lager standards.

Brizo
11-01-2013, 04:39 PM
The power of sponsorship shouldnt be underestimated. I recently got double glazing from P & D Windows and get all my work gear from McBean protective clothing. Away out the night for a game of snooker at Fishers.

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2013, 04:41 PM
I dont skype my bits to young kids anymore since Thompson made it unfashionable.

Mr White
11-01-2013, 04:43 PM
I dont skype my bits to young kids anymore since Thompson made it unfashionable.

I bet a few jambos felt compelled to copy him.

cabbageandribs1875
11-01-2013, 06:07 PM
iirc (going back at least a decade)the neanderthal currant buns stopped selling peperami from the kiosks in bigotbrox because the moronic buns were complaining about the green packaging :rolleyes:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e1/Peperami_Mexicano.jpg/220px-Peperami_Mexicano.jpg

yep, seriously

Keith_M
11-01-2013, 06:12 PM
AND Rangers stopped selling Eggs Benedict in the hospitality!

I personally don't believe they ever sold it in the first place but there you go, it make a good story :wink:

Hainan Hibs
11-01-2013, 06:21 PM

Never touched a drop of Strongbow and they sponsored Hearts when I was around 8.

Would never see me in the jakie sports shop that sponsored them either.

Scouse Hibee
11-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Did you have to get the orange ball specially made or did you take it off a pool table???:confused:

It was a special order from the ball manufacturers, pool table balls are too small though if I recall correctly at the time you could get pool balls that could be used on a full size snooker table, they were 2/16". Also just remembered that the standard chalk that we supplied was green made by a company called "Triangle" so we had to make sure we ordered in blue chalk too!

Sir David Gray
11-01-2013, 06:33 PM
I drink Strongbow but I probably wouldn't if they were to go back to sponsoring Hearts again.

Very sad and immature but there you go! :greengrin

I don't take any loans from Wonga and I have taken all of my savings out of Ukio Bankas as well!

Gatecrasher
11-01-2013, 06:39 PM
:faf:

Bristolhibby
11-01-2013, 07:13 PM
My inlaws are ST holders at Ibrox who regularly take out several hospitality packages over the course of the year for clients and I've been taken along a few times in the past few years and I can assure you, I've eaten many green vegetables and drunk things which have come out of green bottles.

You're correct that they don't serve Becks but that's probably because it's piss.

Becks pish?!?

It's one of the more palatable lagers. Becks Vier is my pint of choice.

J

Scouse Hibee
11-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Becks pish?!?

It's one of the more palatable lagers. Becks Vier is my pint of choice.

J

Becks in a bottle is pish IMO, however Becks draught Vier is also my choice of lager if available on the odd occasion I actually drink lager.

Bishop Hibee
11-01-2013, 07:29 PM
I'll join the boycott cause its dire. Real ale drinker myself but I've enjoyed Savannah Dry cider on occasion recently.

Got to laugh when you think of all the huns who drink bucky.

Iggy Pope
11-01-2013, 07:30 PM

Amazingly (and I know this to be true, as a dear departed friend and colleague who was once on the coaching staff at der Hun told me this), they would never put green wrapped penguin biscuits out with the Boardroom half time cuppa. And they had to have Penguins as a long-respected (arf!) director insisted on them!

Union Jacks! Flag debate! ?????? How about a Family Favourites uber-stand off??????

Pete
11-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Magners are Irish.

What a bonus!

Aldo
11-01-2013, 07:50 PM
I haven't touched tennents lager since they withdrew their sponsorship of the Scottish cup and sponsored the old firm instead. I didn't find it that hard cos, lets face it, its a rubbish beer even by mass produced lager standards.

I don't touch tennents cos its crap

VickMackie
11-01-2013, 08:24 PM
iirc (going back at least a decade)the neanderthal currant buns stopped selling peperami from the kiosks in bigotbrox because the moronic buns were complaining about the green packaging :rolleyes:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e1/Peperami_Mexicano.jpg/220px-Peperami_Mexicano.jpg

yep, seriously

They also priced their hospitality at £16.19 or whenever that bull**** boyne pish happened.

NOLA
12-01-2013, 12:11 AM

You can eat as many carrots as you like though :agree:

yeezus.
12-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Rangers fans drink White strike/white lightning anyway - Magners is too expensive.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-01-2013, 10:31 AM
What was the name of the team that got sponsored by Imperial Leather, that so badly upset both sides of the OF that they refused to use it?

Bostonhibby
12-01-2013, 11:41 AM
You can eat as many carrots as you like though :agree:

:faf: They can stick their carrots up their Er*e as far as I am concerned, many do I hear, so presumably the other ugly twin must use a different vegetable in protest.

Bostonhibby
12-01-2013, 11:43 AM
I don't like Chelsea very much and despise the the huns so I am never going to touch another Terry's Chocolate Orange.

weecounty hibby
12-01-2013, 12:41 PM

I was in hospitality last year at Ibrox and asked for Guinness. I was met with a blank expression from the waitress. I'm sure they were selling bottled beer but it was definitely in brown bottles. Some at my table drinking Sol and the rest were Cruzcampo I think, which was in the brown bottles.
I also like to think that by getting totally pissed and drinking more than my fair share I helped in their demise even if in some small way!!

zlatan
12-01-2013, 01:21 PM
WHAT??? Miller Homes sponsered Hearts......I need to find a new job now :(

You work as a house?

edit - that was the crappest thing I have ever typed.

FRes Hibbie
12-01-2013, 02:28 PM
I used to work there and know the huns used used to have Magners on draught a couple of years ago in the hospitality suits - be funny if they'd removed it now though.

They used to present bottles of Carling "Champagne" to the the sponsors' man-of-the-match. Cheapest-looking stuff I've ever seen. This was just before they imploded - maybe a last-ditch attempt at cost cutting!

heretoday
12-01-2013, 02:34 PM

Normally, that would be seen as a bit of fun but we know it's serious stuff with these people.

Hibernia Na Eir
12-01-2013, 10:40 PM
I wonder if Magners are remotely bothered by such news?!

Hibernia Na Eir
12-01-2013, 10:40 PM
I don't touch tennents cos its crap

that's being kind ;)

Broken Gnome
12-01-2013, 11:44 PM
You work as a house?

edit - that was the crappest thing I have ever typed.

:greengrin

Not your best work zlatan...

Iggy Pope
13-01-2013, 10:13 AM
I was in hospitality last year at Ibrox and asked for Guinness. I was met with a blank expression from the waitress. I'm sure they were selling bottled beer but it was definitely in brown bottles. Some at my table drinking Sol and the rest were Cruzcampo I think, which was in the brown bottles.
I also like to think that by getting totally pissed and drinking more than my fair share I helped in their demise even if in some small way!!

Not sure why they wouldn't have Guinness. Biggest Proddy-owned employer in Dublin :greengrin

ScottB
13-01-2013, 11:54 AM
I've met designers that have worked on Rangers and Celtic marketing projects, both were dead against the appearance of the others colours anywhere in the material, one had to cover up that he was a Celtic fan working on a Rangers account.

Ludicrous behaviour from essentially 2 corporate entities. No wonder the fans behave like idiots with such examples.

Hibbyradge
13-01-2013, 08:02 PM

Liar.

Hibbyradge
13-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Remember when Kickers were high fashion and very expensive?

I know a Yam who bought a pair to be trendy and cut the green tab off the right shoe!

He also refused to eat Penguin biscuits with a green wrapper!

Jonnyboy
13-01-2013, 09:34 PM
They also priced their hospitality at £16.19 or whenever that bull**** boyne pish happened.

£16.90 Vick. I blame inflation

lyonhibs
14-01-2013, 02:43 PM
Remember when Kickers were high fashion and very expensive?

I know a Yam who bought a pair to be trendy and cut the green tab off the right shoe!

He also refused to eat Penguin biscuits with a green wrapper!

God, the early 90's are calling.

There was some infamous - and probably baws - rumour that Subway had to change their corporate colours in Larkhall or some similar ****heap. ASDA as well I think.

speedy_gonzales
14-01-2013, 02:50 PM

There was some infamous - and probably baws - rumour that Subway had to change their corporate colours in Larkhall or some similar ****heap. ASDA as well I think.
Well, having a quick look on Google maps and it does look like the Subway at Larkhall is devoid of any of the familiar green we see elsewhere!

Scouse Hibee
14-01-2013, 03:23 PM

Kickers must have arrived late in Scotland then as they were the must have when I was in school in the mid 80's.................Liverpool leading the way in fashion I guess. :greengrin

lyonhibs
14-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Kickers must have arrived late in Scotland then as they were the must have when I was in school in the mid 80's.................Liverpool leading the way in fashion I guess. :greengrin

I'd imagine Liverpool was indeed at the forefront of a certain type of fashion in the mid-80's. Whether it's the kind of sartorial elegance that would meet with DBS' approval is another question altogether :greengrin

Thing was, I got a pair, was pleased as punch and then proceeded to ruin them in a matter of months playing football on a concrete playground, just like I would any non-branded piece of pish.

Maw LyonHibs was less than enchanté with that I can assure you!

Albanian Hibs
14-01-2013, 03:37 PM
I'd imagine Liverpool was indeed at the forefront of a certain type of fashion in the mid-80's. Whether it's the kind of sartorial elegance that would meet with DBS' approval is another question altogether :greengrin

Thing was, I got a pair, was pleased as punch and then proceeded to ruin them in a matter of months playing football on a concrete playground, just like I would any non-branded piece of pish.

Maw LyonHibs was less than enchanté with that I can assure you!

Shouldnt really admit to this but I still have a pair in the wardrobe!

lyonhibs
14-01-2013, 03:53 PM

:foot:

VickMackie
14-01-2013, 04:27 PM
£16.90 Vick. I blame inflation

:faf:

Rossco1875
14-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Well, having a quick look on Google maps and it does look like the Subway at Larkhall is devoid of any of the familiar green we see elsewhere!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/scottish-town-where-green-is-beyond-the-pale-981747.html

blackpoolhibs
14-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Liar.

Caught red handed. :greengrin

LeighLoyal
14-01-2013, 06:36 PM
They can't afford Magners, the hun, integrity is not the only thing beyond their purchase.

TrinityHibs
14-01-2013, 07:01 PM

Pretty sure the Asda one is an urban myth but I did a Big W in Coatbridge and took the drawings to the Council with the proposed corporate colours of orange. Planners said Naw so we tried blue with an orange panel running all the way along the front of the building. We were pretty happy with this but the Planners said and I quote "You're having a laugh. There'll be nae orange bands in Coatbridge" You got to love the west coast.

Iggy Pope
14-01-2013, 07:27 PM

A prominent wee member of St Pat's Branch wears his red Kickers to this very day!

Baldy Foghorn
14-01-2013, 07:43 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/scottish-town-where-green-is-beyond-the-pale-981747.html

Larkhall with it's small town mentality, is exactly why we will never rid ourselves of sectarianism in this Country....

allezsauzee
14-01-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm actually shocked they have a subway in Larkhall. Unless it's a special one that offers to deep fry the sub

LeighLoyal
14-01-2013, 08:18 PM
So if Buckfast sponsored Celtic the Zombies would boycott? The thick bigots have already put more money into the Catholic church than every chapel collection added up since 1980.

Bostonhibby
14-01-2013, 08:25 PM

Wouldn't he have a better chance of success if Salmond were to ask the rest of Scotland to separate itself from Larkhall? or sell it to North Korea? :offski:

Baldy Foghorn
14-01-2013, 08:36 PM
So if Buckfast sponsored Celtic the Zombies would boycott? The thick bigots have already put more money into the Catholic church than every chapel collection added up since 1980.

:hahaha: There's irony for you

Speedy
14-01-2013, 09:18 PM

Setting grass on fire.

Shirley not?