PDA

View Full Version : Ivan's away

s.a.m
10-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Tyrone Smith‏@TyroneSTV#rosscounty (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23rosscounty&src=hash) have completed the signing of ivan sproule

Good luck up north, Ivan, and thanks for the memories.:aok:
[I'm sure there's another thread about his imminent departure, but couldn't find it. ]

DarlingtonHibee
10-01-2013, 05:28 PM
If confirmed, good luck to him - thanks Ivan for Ibrox.

hibee92
10-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Patrick McPartlin ‏@p_mcpartlin (https://twitter.com/p_mcpartlin) Derek Adams has confirmed that Ross County have signed #Hibs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hibs&src=hash) winger Ivan Sproule on an 18-month deal.

Yep. He's gone.

Absolutely devastated to see him leave. However, it was time for him to move on.

All the best Ivan! :thumbsup:

We all dream of a team of Ivan Sproule :singing:

Mr White
10-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Shame it didn't work out so well second time round, hope he does well up there (except against hibs of course). All the best Ivan.

Billy Whizz
10-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Shame it didn't work out so well second time round, hope he does well up there (except against hibs of course). All the best Ivan.

All the best Ivan. Who's next to leave?

Hibercelona
10-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Now that he's left, you just know that he's going to be amazing for them and probably mostly so against us. :boo hoo:

Macaroon
10-01-2013, 05:34 PM
His experience worked against him IMO. Was at his best when he was raw and unpredictable, not to mention his blinding pace back then. Defenders never knew how to deal with him. He became too predictable as he matured and tried to turn himself a playmaker, which he can't do in my view. Sad to see him go, true modern-day Hibs legend.

Bostonhibby
10-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the memories, goes with my best wishes and absolutely no negativity from here - all the best Ivan, except if you find yourself playing against us. You can take the man out of Hibs but not Hibs out the man:flag:

givescotlandfreedom
10-01-2013, 05:37 PM
All the best, Ivan. One of us.

Golden Bear
10-01-2013, 05:38 PM
His experience worked against him IMO. Was at his best when he was raw and unpredictable, not to mention his blinding pace back then. Defenders never knew how to deal with him. He became too predictable as he matured and tried to turn himself a playmaker, which he can't do in my view. Sad to see him go, true modern-day Hibs legend.

:agree:

First time around his teammates used to play the ball into space for him to run onto but that's not been the case second time around.

hibee_girl
Gutted!

Hope he does well up there, he deserves it.

kentao
All the best ivan. Thanks for ibrox

JimBHibees
10-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Liked Ivan big heart and you always got 100% from him. Got the impression he appreciated his opportunity after coming to football relatively late in his life. Not the most talented player in the world but some of his performances first time round were an absolute joy particularly the obvious 2 at Ibrox.

All the best and hope he does well up north. Good luck Ivan.

Kato
10-01-2013, 05:44 PM
I love Ivan. I him love him for the cut-back to Boozy (not the pass of a heidless chicken) in the "unbeatable" derby and I love him because he loves the club. Seems like it's best he moves on and I wish him every success (cept against us of course).

Judas Iscariot
10-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Gutted!!

Still think he had something to offer..

Will trust Pat's judgement though!

All the best Ivan :aok:

Waxy
10-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Rangers 0 Hibernian 3

All the best Ivan.

bingo70
10-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Good luck to him but it's absolutely the right time for him to move on.

I think he offered more to the team defensively when he was coming off the bench recently rather than in an attacking sense and that's not what Ivan's game should be all about.

Hope he does well up there and i'll always remember him for his first spell with us rather than his second.

hibeeleicester
10-01-2013, 05:52 PM
He wasnt a winger second time round. Imagine he will be used up top for RC :thumbsup:

Billychaotic182
10-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Good luck Ivan

kentao
All the best ivan. Thanks for ibrox

Purehibee_MYB
'Forever bleed Green and White'

All the best Ivan.

Always welcome at Easter Road.

Thanks for the memories :flag:

jacomo
10-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Cheers Ivan, and best wishes.

maturehibby
10-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Will be able to make our day as they are due 2 games soon against the Knuckle Draggers.
A trip to the Highlands ???
We went to Bristol so why not to dingwall - you all know who you are how about it

PeeJay
10-01-2013, 06:01 PM
It'll be interesting to see how he is utilised at RC and if he makes a good impression there - I certainly wish him all the best: who can forget Ibrox and his passion for our club! Good luck Ivan!:greengrin

edinburghhibee
10-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the memories Ivan loved watching you dart up the wing harassing full backs with your pace... And who could forget your magical hat trick...

All the best wee man... You'll always be welcome home anytime!!

davcar
10-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Good luck Ivan, it was time to go, always one of us after Ibrox and Parkhead! :not worth

Hibrandenburg
10-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Best wishes. Old school footballer gent.

Stevie Reid
10-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Far from the most technically gifted but one of the most exciting players I have ever seen at ER in his first spell.

One of football's all time great bargain buys too, and great business for us with him being sold for 100 times the price we paid for him.

JeMeSouviens
10-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Goodbye and good luck, Ivan. We'll always have Ibrox ... :boo hoo:

(but don't forget 1-3 at Parkhead in canary yellow, impactsubtastic :wink:)

johnbc70
10-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Not sure how to embed, but - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXlgf37iFQ

Had to be shown, wish I had been there.

Sect43
10-01-2013, 06:10 PM
How ****ing slow is the official site to update us.

Kato
10-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Anybody got the pic of Ivan being held aloft by his team mates in front of the Hibs fans at Ibrox. Cracking photo..

ALF TUPPER
10-01-2013, 06:13 PM
All the best Ivan ...... Thanks for the memories.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2013, 06:15 PM
We can ill afford to lose anymore Irishmen, we dont want to dilute the place too much.

Bostonhibby
10-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Anybody got the pic of Ivan being held aloft by his team mates in front of the Hibs fans at Ibrox. Cracking photo..

This one?

JohnStephens91
10-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Great professional and he will forever have his place cemented in Hibernian history for the hat-trick at Ibrox and for scoring four goals at Ibrox in one season. Hopefully Ross County works out for him better than his second spell at Easter Road because he deserves it.

Saorsa
10-01-2013, 06:23 PM
good luck tae him (except against us :greengrin ), hope it works out for him.

Sir David Gray
10-01-2013, 06:24 PM
One of my favourite players of all time, I wish him all the best at Ross County and his future career and life in general.

Didn't really work out for him second time around but he never let anyone down and he seems like a really genuine and down to earth guy from everything that I have heard about him.

Hope to see him back at Easter Road as a fan at some point in the future.

Good luck, Ivan.

Russell The Dug
10-01-2013, 06:25 PM
All the best the wee man. Always welcome back at Easter Road.

GGTTH

HTD1875
10-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Cheers for the memories Ivan!

Sad to see him go but it's the right move for all parties involved.

Hibby D
10-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Good Luck Ivan. All the best to you and yours. You'll always be welcome at Easter Road.

:singing: We all dream of a team of Ivan Sproule's :thumbsup: (I knew every verse off by heart )

HibeeSince85
10-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Wish him well.

You're welcome back at ER anytime Ivan as a fan.

essexhibee
10-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the memories Ivan. Hope it works out well for you up there.

He hates the Hearts, hes one of our own...and he gave us moments of utter jubilation. :aok::aok:

VickMackie
10-01-2013, 06:31 PM
How ****ing slow is the official site to update us.

With social media nowadays news will almost always be announced somewhere before the official announcement. Hopefully they're putting out a 'thank you' type message and want to get it right.

All the best Ivan. One of the few players that used to get my off my seat.

Scottie
10-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the memories Ivan:not worth
One of the most exciting players i've seen in a Hibs jersey.His pace was frightning 1st time round.Absolute flying machine.
Thanks and All the best up the road at RC

s.a.m
10-01-2013, 06:34 PM

:not worth

That's cheered me right up, so it has. In fact, it has inspired me to open a bottle of red wine, to raise a glass to the wee man and his Ibrox exploits.
:cheers:

mjhibby
10-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Wish him well.

You're welcome back at ER anytime Ivan as a fan.

Gave us some great times and some great memories.A totally committed hibby who loved playing for the club and will always be in the history books for that hat trick.Was a rarity in todays game where he got fans off their seats none more so when he came off the bench against hertz in the 2-0 game where even mglynn admitted he changed the game.Good luck ivan. Im sure youll get a great reception when you come back to er.

whiskyhibby
10-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the great memories Ivan, a great player first time around and certainly ,'one of us' hope the move goes well for you and your family

Fergos
10-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Gutted to see him go but Pats acting with his head as The Ivan hasn't been great 2nd time around.

He came to know what being Hbernian is all about, an adopted son of the Hibees for sure. Will be welcome back at ER anytime.

Cheers Ivan, and all the very Best.

GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
10-01-2013, 06:45 PM
very best of luck to the wee man :agree: although he came in to pro footy quite late i hope he's earned a few £££'s, played with his heart on his sleeve

http://www.englishclub.com/ref/esl/Idioms/W/wear_your_heart_on_your_sleeve_372.htm

For example:

Ivan is one of those tennis players that spectators love to watch because they always wear their heart on their sleeve.

what a coincidence the example name used is ivan :thumbsup: just swap the tennis for footy :greengrin

derek0762
10-01-2013, 06:46 PM
All the best at Ross County Ivan, I love you :-) but no as much as my wife does she is back in mourning again! At this news #hattrickhero

DaveF
10-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Not too sad to see him go as it free's up a wage and he wasn't featuring in Fenlon's plans.

That said, I wish him all the very best. I only spoke to him once (very briefly at Ian Murray's darts day) and he was instantly likeable.

Hopefully he can enjoy his football again with RC and if he plays at ER in the future he should get the warm ovation he will deserve.

scoopyboy
10-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Gave us some great times and some great memories.A totally committed hibby who loved playing for the club and will always be in the history books for that hat trick.Was a rarity in todays game where he got fans off their seats none more so when he came off the bench against hertz in the 2-0 game where even mglynn admitted he changed the game.Good luck ivan. Im sure youll get a great reception when you come back to er.

I'm sure he will as well.

Probably far better a reception than he's had this season or last.

McHibby
10-01-2013, 06:59 PM

I used to to have that in a frame above my bed, almost like a crucifix !!!!

All the best Ivan, I really wish you well.

skipster7
10-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Wish him all the best,he was a key part in a very exciting team first time round.totally unpredictable with blistering pace.obviously Ibrox/Parkhead/unbeatables games are right up there but one of my personal favourites was the 81% QF.He had lumps kicked out him that night but was relentless and tortured their left back.He was unfortunate the team he came back to wasn't a patch on the one he left.
good luck Ivan:hibees

mca
10-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Good Luck ivan :thumbsup: but no against us...

AlbertK86
10-01-2013, 07:12 PM
All the best Ivan

Great impact player first time round

Legendary performances at Ibrox

One of the most memorable days to be a Hibby

Time was right for him and Hibs to move on now

Hopefully get a good quality winger in with the freed up wages

EdinMike
10-01-2013, 07:13 PM
All the best to him !

And Thanks Tony Mowbray, you gave a guy a chance that a lot of people would kill for ! :flag:

Malthibby
10-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Awrabest. and RC can look forward to a professional player giving his all to the club who pays his wages, unlike some other club's 'legend.'
GG

sbell1875
10-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the memories Ivan and I wish you all the best for the future.

drumatic44
10-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Yep all the very best to Ivan, I have to say that I thought he could have been used a lot more this season, his unpredictability would have been useful, 20/30 mins. against against a tiring defence.
But, hey-ho onward and upwards,
Allez les Verts !!!

Higgy115
10-01-2013, 07:56 PM
All the very best Ivan, an absolute gentleman that shared the passion for Hibs like us all. Very sad to see to him go, daughter in tears also.

Good luck at Ross County, you know the teams to score against.....

down-the-slope
10-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Its a shame that he will be remembered for 2 matches...rather than having influence on most matches he played in...

For me I will remember how he was the most approachable of modern day footballers - would pose for pics and sign autographs without any hint of it being a chore....

Pete
10-01-2013, 08:06 PM
I remember he was instrumental in the other 0-3 at ibrox. Great wing play and cross to set up the first and a fantastic second.

Hope he does well.

lord bunberry
10-01-2013, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=down-the-slope;3469398]Its a shame that he will be remembered for 2 matches...rather than having influence on most matches he played in...

For me I will remember how he was the most approachable of modern day footballers - would pose for pics and sign autographs without any hint of it being a chore....[/
QUOTE]

agreed total gentleman I met him a few times and he always had time to talk or have a beer with us. Really disappointed he is leaving but not that surprised. Good luck wee man

Pete
10-01-2013, 08:09 PM
...and thanks for leathering caravan boy!

jdships
10-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Best wishes. Old school footballer gent.

That says it for me !!:thumbsup:
Got to know him really well on his first stint and he was an absolute gentleman in every sense of the word
It was a pleasure to be his company !!
Haven't seen so much of him this time but always finds time for a chat !
He is a 100% Hibbee and believe he always will be

Best of luck to him in the future
:flag:

Www1875hfc
10-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Its a shame that he will be remembered for 2 matches...rather than having influence on most matches he played in...

For me I will remember how he was the most approachable of modern day footballers - would pose for pics and sign autographs without any hint of it being a chore....

:agree: Spot on.

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2013, 08:14 PM
For a £5,000 purchase IS had some memorable moments in his first spell......

Did little of any note in his second spell, and no time for sentiment in football....Glad he is off the wage bill, hope to see us shifting a few more before the window ends......

scoopyboy
10-01-2013, 08:21 PM
For a £5,000 purchase IS had some memorable moments in his first spell......

Did little of any note in his second spell, and no time for sentiment in football....Glad he is off the wage bill, hope to see us shifting a few more before the window ends......

absolutely ruthless

speedy_gonzales
10-01-2013, 08:25 PM
I'll always remember him for his nifty footwork!
Especially in this video! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzd2DjLlR18)

The_Horde
10-01-2013, 08:25 PM
All the best Ivan. A true hibs hero.

Will never forget the day you took on Bobo Balde and of course that hat trick!

"He's still in there sproule" still gives me goosebumps.

fat freddy
10-01-2013, 08:33 PM
I remember standing in my kitchen washing the dishes whilst listening to the commentary coming from ibrox as Ivan announced to the world that he had arrived...the first goal was a surprise but i expected rangers to hit back immediately...the second goal convinced me that we would get at least a point...the third goal left me floored, stunned and near to tears...its safe to say that Ivan gave me one of my top 5 moments EVER as a hibee...and i wasn't even there.

Best of luck Ivan.

You will always have a place in our hearts.

GTMRossaK3
10-01-2013, 08:45 PM
All the very best Ivan, an absolute gentleman that shared the passion for Hibs like us all. Very sad to see to him go, daughter in tears also.

Good luck at Ross County, you know the teams to score against.....

Couldn't agree more.

In over 50 years of my supporting Hibs he has been up there with the elite who have shown utmost respect for our great club. He has repaid in buckets the chance we took on him and there have been very few players in the last 20 years who provided such 'bums off seats excitement' whenever he got the ball. OK - sometimes it didn't come off but you always knew he had a huge heart wanting to do so well for us!

Am I right in thinking he was the only one of the 2007 Cup winning team who cost us a fee - £5k? He was always so willing to stop and sign autographs and get photos taken for ages - sometimes even being told by management to get back to the dressing room!

The Ibrox 3 will live long in all our memories and he will cherish it for the rest of his life and rightly so. He has been a huge credit to himself in what he has achieved.

Thank you Ivan for being the man you are and I wish you and you family nothing but the very, very best!

Take care,
Donnie

SteveHFC
10-01-2013, 08:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GySIAOO8PZE&feature=fvwp&NR=1

Stantons Angel
10-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Just want to wish Ivan all the very best of luck up north with Ross County.

Thanks for the many memories Ivan and for giving your all to the jersey.

Us Hibs' supporters will always welcome you back at Easter Road.

Go show them how its done pal!

Eyrie
10-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Best wishes for his future, except against us.

Says it all that with one exception this thread has been positive about him.

staunchhibby
10-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Thanks for some good memories Ivan.All the best with your new club:thumbsup:

HibeeN
10-01-2013, 08:58 PM
The guy is a hero of mine, I will always have many happy memories of his time here at Easter Road. I was gutted when he left the first time, delighted when he returned and sad to see him go again, even though it's the best for both parties. The passion and enthusiasm he gave on and off the pitch was unmatched by any other player and you always believed that he loved the club as much as any fan. I wish him all the best at Ross County and will warmly welcome him back when he returns to Easter Road.

EdinMike
10-01-2013, 09:01 PM
I'll always remember him for his nifty footwork!
Especially in this video! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzd2DjLlR18)

Pretty sure that was my mate Liam that "challenged" him to the dance off, will need to buzz him on that..

Craig_in_Prague
10-01-2013, 09:08 PM
The guy is a hero of mine, I will always have many happy memories of his time here at Easter Road. I was gutted when he left the first time, delighted when he returned and sad to see him go again, even though it's the best for both parties. The passion and enthusiasm he gave on and off the pitch was unmatched by any other player and you always believed that he loved the club as much as any fan. I wish him all the best at Ross County and will warmly welcome him back when he returns to Easter Road.

100% this.

All the best wee man and keep the hibees close to your heart!

monktonharp
10-01-2013, 09:12 PM
If confirmed, good luck to him - thanks Ivan for Ibrox.:agree:all the very best of luck to him. done well, coming into the proffesional game at a relatively late age. one day ,he's a welder. the next he's a Hibbie and reached legendary status by banging in 3 at Ibrox. he pointed over to his family and best mates at that game , as he'd got them all over for the game. the majority of which were huns:greengrin . he'll always be remembered for that game, but he did bring a bit more than that over the period. good luck Ivan.

kaimendhibs
10-01-2013, 09:13 PM

These are my sentiments. A gentleman, treated us like old friends when we went to see him at Bristol city, wish him nothing but the best,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
10-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Will be able to make our day as they are due 2 games soon against the Knuckle Draggers.
A trip to the Highlands ???
We went to Bristol so why not to dingwall - you all know who you are how about it

I'm up for it

DarrenSQH
10-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Great memories of his time with us. Ibrox was one of my best days watching us.

Always welcome back at ER once he is retired.

Iggy Pope
10-01-2013, 09:18 PM
He sat behing me in the West as a spectator the week he arrived. Think him and Amadou mght have been sharing a club flat?
He was hilarious to listen to for no reason other than the speed at which he blethered about his take-away Pizza.

And his feet matched that.

Good luck wee fellah and thanks.

hibsbollah
10-01-2013, 09:20 PM
I'm surprised at how gut wrenching it feels that he's left. I'll never forget Ibrox and I suspect he won't either:not worth

Hermit Crab
10-01-2013, 09:22 PM

I'm wondering how many will claim to have been at that game since we only got around 800 tickets. I've still got my ticket stub ;-D

FranckSuzy
10-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Here's a great wee story that I posted in 2011 and it's surely testament to the great man that he is :agree:

'There's Only One Ivan Sproule
Just wanted to share a story with .net about the one and only Mr Sproule. Enough bad press gets out about player's so it's about time the balance was redressed. In June, my brother was over from Australia and Billy (Hibs TV) kindly offered to show him, my niece and myself around the stadium. I asked if my friend and her 10 year son could tag along as he's a massive Hibs fan and needed cheering up as he sadly lost his dad last year. After the tour (which was brilliant-thanks Billy :greengrin), the boy's mum asked if Billy could get the players to sign his autograph book and we'd get it later. Well, I had in all honesty forgotten all about it but cue a call from Billy. He advised that Ivan had heard of my wee friend's plight and wanted to meet him! We could not believe it. So, to cut a long story short, we met up with Ivan on Thursday at ER. As if meeting him wasn't enough, he kindly brought the wee boy a Hibs shirt signed by the whole squad and a signed programme from the Celtic game (oh, and the autograph book duly signed by all the team and CC). Well, as you can imagine, we were blown away. Meeting him was more than enough but the guy went well out of his way. The wee boy was understandably gob-smacked and the quietest he's EVER been but Ivan put him at ease, saying when he was around the same age, he won a football tournament back in Ireland and the prize was to meet none other than George Best http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

So there we were, about to leave (after 30 mins with Ivan) and then he asked if the wee boy would like to be his guest in the player's lounge for the Sunderland game and meet his family. Honestly, we were astounded. What an absolute gent. Lovely, lovely man and totally genuine. I've now been asked if I'd like to take the wee boy to the game so I am one very happy and proud Hibby today.

I'm sure Ivan won't mind me sharing this great wee tale. GGTTH' :flag:

s.a.m
10-01-2013, 09:28 PM
I'm wondering how many will claim to have been at that game since we only got around 800 tickets. I've still got my ticket stub ;-D

Well. I'm not claiming to be one of them. I turned off my radio at about 20 mins before the end, at 0-0, because I knew it could only end in tears. I turned it back on, out of curiosity, a few minutes later too hear him score his first. Then off again because there was still time to get beat. Back on for the second, then off because it surely couldn't last. Then back on for the third.

Still love the commentary.

monktonharp
10-01-2013, 09:30 PM
I remember standing in my kitchen washing the dishes whilst listening to the commentary coming from ibrox as Ivan announced to the world that he had arrived...the first goal was a surprise but i expected rangers to hit back immediately...the second goal convinced me that we would get at least a point...the third goal left me floored, stunned and near to tears...its safe to say that Ivan gave me one of my top 5 moments EVER as a hibee...and i wasn't even there.

Best of luck Ivan.

You will always have a place in our hearts.I had a moment similar to that mate. I was on holiday in Lanzarote, went walkabout to find a pharmacy for something as the wife was a bit unwell. I passed a boozer, heard an unbeleivable roar, thinking that's those hun barstewards scored against us! much to my surprise the result came up on skywhen I got back to our flat. could hardly beleive we had won 3 nil and the next thing my strip was oot on the balcony railings! . the appartments we were in was full o' that mob tae. what a guid breakfast we had the next morning:greengrin

hibsbollah
10-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Here's a great wee story that I posted in 2011 and it's surely testament to the great man that he is :agree:

Just wanted to share a story with .net about the one and only Mr Sproule. Enough bad press gets out about player's so it's about time the balance was redressed. In June, my brother was over from Australia and Billy (Hibs TV) kindly offered to show him, my niece and myself around the stadium. I asked if my friend and her 10 year son could tag along as he's a massive Hibs fan and needed cheering up as he sadly lost his dad last year. After the tour (which was brilliant-thanks Billy :greengrin), the boy's mum asked if Billy could get the players to sign his autograph book and we'd get it later. Well, I had in all honesty forgotten all about it but cue a call from Billy. He advised that Ivan had heard of my wee friend's plight and wanted to meet him! We could not believe it. So, to cut a long story short, we met up with Ivan on Thursday at ER. As if meeting him wasn't enough, he kindly brought the wee boy a Hibs shirt signed by the whole squad and a signed programme from the Celtic game (oh, and the autograph book duly signed by all the team and CC). Well, as you can imagine, we were blown away. Meeting him was more than enough but the guy went well out of his way. The wee boy was understandably gob-smacked and the quietest he's EVER been but Ivan put him at ease, saying when he was around the same age, he won a football tournament back in Ireland and the prize was to meet none other than George Best http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

So there we were, about to leave (after 30 mins with Ivan) and then he asked if the wee boy would like to be his guest in the player's lounge for the Sunderland game and meet his family. Honestly, we were astounded. What an absolute gent. Lovely, lovely man and totally genuine. I've now been asked if I'd like to take the wee boy to the game so I am one very happy and proud Hibby today.

I remember reading that when you first posted it:top marks

Jones28
10-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the memories Ivan, I'll never forget the parts you played in our glorious victories at Ibrox, the cup game especially as I was there. Listened to the hat trick game on the radio and have seldom celebrated more than when your third went in. :flag:

DanTheMan
10-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Great player to watch in his first spell.

I was lucky enough to be at the two 0-3's at Ibrox and the 1-3 at Darkheed :thumbsup:

Best wishes Ivan

Got all 3 ticket stubs :wink:

Steven_Hibs
10-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the memories Ivan, will never forget your goals against Oldco Rangers :greengrin

basehibby
10-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Good luck Ivan ya wee legend and thanks for some brilliant memories! :thumbsup:

kaimendhibs
10-01-2013, 10:16 PM

Still got mine too, and 1-3 at dark heid and 0-3 cup game

snooky
10-01-2013, 10:20 PM
You'll be welcomed back at ER forever, Ivan.
Our best wishes go with you.

Oh, and ......

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

:wink:

hihohibby
10-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Good luck, wee man. You go with my best wishes and gratitude for leaving our club with many happy memories...not so happy for the club that died last year called Rangers....Maybe some of the Sevco supporters will remember your deeds too!

Jonnyboy
10-01-2013, 10:33 PM
Over the years I've seen many players in the famous green and white and I have to say Ivan is one I'll always hold in high esteem. An exciting player who got fans off their seats and very much a part of the Hibernian family. Good luck wee man :agree:

JMac
10-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Anyone know if there's any fee involved (Small as it may be) every little helps though. If not at least now that has cleared one of our higher earners. All The Best Ivan

Topographic Hibby
10-01-2013, 10:45 PM
Wasn't at any of the Infirm Glasgow thumpings mentioned here, but I was there at Hampden in 07. A less celebrated Ivan show, but nonetheless significant.

I seem to remember a related Ivan story (possibly from here) about some troops celebrating the Cup win late-on the Sunday, out on Leith Walk or Gt Junction St, when a figure in a club suit with the tie well loosened-off came staggering out of nearby bar with loud farewell wishes from the Hibbys inside and with Ivan clutching a poly-bag full of Ginsters sausage-rolls as a thank you gift. Classic.

Thanks for everything Ivan - best wishes.

TH

matty_f
10-01-2013, 10:51 PM
All the best Ivan.

rcarter1
10-01-2013, 10:57 PM
I remember the game after THAT game. It was Dundee United at home, and I was there with a neutral visitor. I told of him of the events at Ibrox, and he confidently proclaimed that Ivan should come on and score the winner. The rest is history.

Ivan you have put many a smile on our faces and all the best for you and yours.

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag:

Leithenhibby
10-01-2013, 11:00 PM
All the best Ivan. :aok:

It was a pleasure. :wink:

haagsehibby
10-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Proper Hibby and always welcome back at ER.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-01-2013, 11:17 PM
During the first time round, I loved the way that when Ivan got the ball, everyone stood up in expectation. Players who can do that are sadly few and far between.

jakedance
10-01-2013, 11:22 PM
I don't post much these days but I'll make an exception for wee Ivan. A genuine cult hero. Many years from now when I tell my grandchildren about Hibees of bygone days I'll tell them about Ivan. He ran fast.

Best of luck to him.

Teapot
11-01-2013, 12:23 AM
More of a reader than a poster but I'll make an exception for Ivan. Hope to see him back supporting the cabbage one day! good luck!!:flag:

Hermit Crab
11-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Great player to watch in his first spell.

I was lucky enough to be at the two 0-3's at Ibrox and the 1-3 at Darkheed :thumbsup:

Best wishes Ivan

Got all 3 ticket stubs :wink:

Same here :-D

Hermit Crab
11-01-2013, 12:28 AM
Still got mine too, and 1-3 at dark heid and 0-3 cup game

Same here M :)

sadtom
11-01-2013, 01:30 AM
To echo many of the other posts thanks for the memories Ivan.
More than that however, thanks for the effort and the passion.
I think it is often the case with players who have had to do 'proper jobs' that they seem to appreciate their time as footballers more and are grateful for their opportunity.
This, i think makes it easier to create a good raport with the supporters. Combined with your outgoing nature (especially reading about all these tales of your generosity and approchability) means that, you may not have been the most gifted player to wear the jesrsey, but you will be thought of as fondly as the best of them by the Hibs support. And will always be considered 'one of us'.
My only complaint is that both my lads think your great but for one in particular, you will always be his first proper hero. So now i'm going to have to do my best to cheer up his torn face AGAIN! :wink:

I'm delighted that the last game he got to see you in was the cup win against hertz. I'm also pleased that you were able to be part of that and gain modicum of revenge. Because unlike some, the cup defeat seemed to at least cause you hurt.

Cheers again Ivan, good luck.

spike220
11-01-2013, 01:40 AM
See you Ivan, thanks for everything!
GGTTH

:flag::flag::flag:

jodjam
11-01-2013, 05:23 AM
Awra best Ivan in everything you do. Ggtth

IWasThere2016
11-01-2013, 07:11 AM
Over the years I've seen many players in the famous green and white and I have to say Ivan is one I'll always hold in high esteem. An exciting player who got fans off their seats and very much a part of the Hibernian family. Good luck wee man :agree:

:agree: Great man, and I see him as most definitely one of us. Always welcome home. All the very best to him.

down-the-slope
11-01-2013, 08:21 AM
absolutely ruthless

You should see him with a microphone in his hand :greengrin

paul_hfc3
11-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Absolute Legend!! All the best pal. Always remembered as a Hibs Hero forever.

s.a.m
11-01-2013, 08:35 AM
Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub PIC: Goobye Ivan - thanks for the memories and all the best for the next chapter in your career #wearehibernianfc (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23wearehibernianfc&src=hash) pic.twitter.com/NZQxIfkK (http://t.co/NZQxIfkK)

micka_weer
11-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Genuinely saddened to see Ivan go, as is my son, all the best of luck Ivan in everything you do! And thank you so much for always giving your all each time you pulled on a Hibs shirt.

Gatecrasher
11-01-2013, 10:36 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130110/sproule-leaves-hibernian_2262950_3037421 - a nice mesage from the club ragrding his time with us and wishing him luck for the future.

Good luck Ivan you have given us some good memories :thumbsup:

Johnny Clash
11-01-2013, 10:53 AM

BRILLIANT!

I've heard a few good stories about Ivan but this one is a gem!

great player, great bloke

:top marks

JimBHibees
11-01-2013, 11:03 AM

Thanks for sharing that. What a class act Ivan obviously is. All the best, wee man. :thumbsup:

hibby rae
11-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Ivan the Treble, I salute you.

IWasThere2016
11-01-2013, 01:06 PM

Hibs class :agree:

There used to be a brilliant YouTube tribute to Ivan with Oasis tune as backing .. Something tells me Teo on here did it .. it was superb!

Persevere80
11-01-2013, 01:15 PM
I seen him the morning after a derby we had won (the one dean sheilds clattered into Craig gorden) in scotmid at the foot of the walk buying my morning rolls and paper, I got him to sign the back page and had a wee chat, really nice guy, when I stayed in lorne street if leith walk I used to see him walk home after games and always used to say hello. I will always remember when I seen him walking home on time and the pub he was passing was all singing he's here he's there, must have been a good feeling walking past a pub hearing everybody singing a song about you. Thanks for the memories Ivan....

Russell The Dug
11-01-2013, 01:17 PM

There used to be a brilliant YouTube tribute to Ivan with Oasis tune as backing .. Something tells me Teo on here did it .. it was superb!

Aye stop crying your heart out was fantastic.

Mind the game he rounded boruc to beat Celtic last min of the season. Was epic.

First win I saw us in Glasgow 3-1 Parkhead then the two 0-3s.

Thanks again wee man all the best up north.

JimBHibees
11-01-2013, 03:28 PM
I seen him the morning after a derby we had won (the one dean sheilds clattered into Craig gorden) in scotmid at the foot of the walk buying my morning rolls and paper, I got him to sign the back page and had a wee chat, really nice guy, when I stayed in lorne street if leith walk I used to see him walk home after games and always used to say hello. I will always remember when I seen him walking home on time and the pub he was passing was all singing he's here he's there, must have been a good feeling walking past a pub hearing everybody singing a song about you. Thanks for the memories Ivan....

We lost that game.

PatHead
11-01-2013, 03:33 PM
We lost that game.

Spoilsport, no one else had the heart to tell him!

Hainan Hibs
11-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Sad to see him go, was very much Hibs class in the way he conducted himself and the passion and connection he had with the club.

Good luck Ivan at County:flag:

JimBHibees
11-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Spoilsport, no one else had the heart to tell him!

:blushie: :greengrin

GGTTH07
11-01-2013, 06:11 PM

Here's one that you'll enjoy. Watching him celebrate and looking how much he really loves the club :not worth:not worth:not worth http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gcgAJ2wNQp0

hibsbollah
11-01-2013, 06:33 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130110/sproule-leaves-hibernian_2262950_3037421 - a nice mesage from the club ragrding his time with us and wishing him luck for the future.

Good luck Ivan you have given us some good memories :thumbsup:

22 goals in 147 games, given his sporadic career is a better rate than I thought he had. Plus he was either at the top of or near the top of the SPL assists one season IIRC.

NorthNorfolkHFC
11-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Good memories of Sunday nights in the Cougar Lounge, there was always a live band and Ivan sometimes attended.

His brother was over and sung House of the rising sun with the band whilst circling the bar on a broom.

Gid.

...WentToMowAnSPL
11-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Proud to have Ivan's quote about Hibs from the first spell until he came back... All the best Ivan ! GGTTH

JollyGreenGiant
11-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Will always be a member of the Hibernian Family, so long Ivan, your hat-trick will never be forgotten :aok:

Hibee Ryan
11-01-2013, 10:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzd2DjLlR18

Don't know if anyone has put this up yet but here's his Irish dancing attempt from a few years back! Great guy and will always be held in high regard

FranckSuzy
11-01-2013, 11:33 PM
To echo many of the other posts thanks for the memories Ivan.
More than that however, thanks for the effort and the passion.
I think it is often the case with players who have had to do 'proper jobs' that they seem to appreciate their time as footballers more and are grateful for their opportunity.
This, i think makes it easier to create a good raport with the supporters. Combined with your outgoing nature (especially reading about all these tales of your generosity and approchability) means that, you may not have been the most gifted player to wear the jesrsey, but you will be thought of as fondly as the best of them by the Hibs support. And will always be considered 'one of us'.
My only complaint is that both my lads think your great but for one in particular, you will always be his first proper hero. So now i'm going to have to do my best to cheer up his torn face AGAIN! :wink:

I'm delighted that the last game he got to see you in was the cup win against hertz. I'm also pleased that you were able to be part of that and gain modicum of revenge. Because unlike some, the cup defeat seemed to at least cause you hurt.

Cheers again Ivan, good luck.

:agree: :top marks

...WentToMowAnSPL
11-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Aye stop crying your heart out was fantastic.

Mind the game he rounded boruc to beat Celtic last min of the season. Was epic.

First win I saw us in Glasgow 3-1 Parkhead then the two 0-3s.

Thanks again wee man all the best up north.

Anyone got the video ??? Was before YouTube ..... Song was oasis http://youtu.be/6QyVil0dwhk

HibeeN
12-01-2013, 12:12 AM
Anyone got the video ??? Was before YouTube ..... Song was oasis http://youtu.be/6QyVil0dwhk

Can't find it anywhere. But this one is pretty good too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGzbNqL7CrU

He did score some great goals! :agree: And one of those players you believed when he kissed the badge.

hibeequinn
12-01-2013, 12:21 AM
should have stayed at hibs would have only got better a remember his rocket against Celtic, did he not get sent off against the yams for stamping on mikiolunas :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sir David Gray
12-01-2013, 12:24 AM
should have stayed at hibs would have only got better a remember his rocket against Celtic, did he not get sent off against the yams for stamping on mikiolunas :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, in the Scottish Cup semi final in 2006.

The Green Goblin
12-01-2013, 12:27 AM
All the best Ivan. Was fortunate enough to enjoy your goals first time round, and some great moments (I also loved the cutback to Boozy in THAT derby and your half-volley slammed into the roof of the net at ER against Celtic) so all the best to you at Ross County (except against us, eh?)

RC1875
12-01-2013, 12:38 AM
Good Luck Ivan, Thanks for the memories!