PDA

View Full Version : NHC Butcher rejects Barnsley

ancienthibby
09-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Per BBC site.

Well done that man!

Biggie
09-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Agree, we'll done that man....we need butcher to steer his club into the league cup final....only then can he agree to go at the end of the season.:wink:

hibbybob
09-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Hopefully a nice boost for ICT before the League Cup semi final!

Edit - beat me to it!

LaMotta
09-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Per BBC site.

Well done that man!

Wise move by Butcher.

By just going and talking to them and rejecting the move will have raised his profile and highlighted the good job he is doing up here.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Think that Butcher is more than content with his lot in the Highlands. Only Sevco or Ipswich Town would sway him. ( not likely to get offered EPL job)

brog
09-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Excellent, always had a lot of time for TB ever since he did the commentaries on TV on our run to LC final in 2004. He was always extremely knowledgeable & very complimentary about Hibs even when we played Sevco in the semi. I think ICT's performances this season have been astounding & hopefully they'll have one more big one in them vs Yams at ER.

TrinityHibs
09-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Butcher is one of those guys that doesnt get to me despite him having captained the Huns and Engerlund. Comes across as a level headed football guy who likes living/working in Scotland. Mind still PF for me as a choice:wink:

givescotlandfreedom
09-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Good on him.

sbell1875
09-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Wonder if this is linked to Barnsley's decision to sell Craig Davies, their leading goalscorer, to Bolton today.

Seems daft being near the bottom and selling your best player.

surreyhibbie
09-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Got a lot of time for him as a person, for reasons I have posted before. Glad to see he has enough belief in his own ability not to jump at the first English club that comes along.

He will probably go on to bigger things eventually.

Jamesie
09-01-2013, 09:12 PM
It's hard to believe he was ever a Hun really, as he displays so many character traits that are anathema to their ethos. I understand he mentions in his biography that he was beginning to embark upon a path of Hunnishness but his wife halted it in its tracks before he was sucked in.

Gatecrasher
09-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Just had a wee look at the Barnsley forum and they are fuming lol, giving all the hope ICT go bust etc

muzzhfc
09-01-2013, 09:16 PM
am i the only one who is thinking "noooooooo!!!" to this? it would of been so much better had he gone. inverness are doing rather well and a managerial change would shake up their season - all said with my Hibs tinted specs on.

but it is nice and refreshing to see a manager continue his work and project. lets hope paddy does the same!

lord bunberry
09-01-2013, 09:46 PM
He has obviously read the fenlon out butcher in thread and he is waiting for the gig at easter road

Pretty Boy
09-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Well done to him.

Another nice wee boost to Scottish football as losing an SPL manager to a league 1 club wouldn't look good.

Niffy
09-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Queue a major slump in form from ICT now, and Terry wishing he'd moved in 3 months time.

Just_Jimmy
09-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Armegedon!

All our good managers are running away! Wait... What?

Hes got ICT flying and hell finish job? Good on him.

Alfred E Newman
09-01-2013, 10:04 PM
His managerial record outside of Scotland is atrocious. I would imagine he is comfortably off and has decided that his family have a better quality of life in Inverness than they would have in Barnsley.

SMAXXA
09-01-2013, 10:13 PM
He has obviously read the fenlon out butcher in thread and he is waiting for the gig at easter road

:faf:

Some folk on here will be delighted hes still in the running to oust Pat

ballengeich
09-01-2013, 10:21 PM
His managerial record outside of Scotland is atrocious. I would imagine he is comfortably off and has decided that his family have a better quality of life in Inverness than they would have in Barnsley.

I think that a key to his managerial record is the partnership with Maurice Malpas. They've done really well as a duo at Motherwell and Inverness, but neither has succeeded on his own. I reckon that Butcher does the man-management and Malpas takes the technical coaching.

Regarding your second point, Barnsley has the financial and cultural facilities of Glasgow's Parkhead area, so quality of life is undoubtedly better in Inverness.

Just Alf
09-01-2013, 10:52 PM

You know..... This isn't a minor issue, I've some pals up there and also head that direction for work reasons and other than Edinburgh there's very few places comparable/better

heretoday
09-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Terry has business interests in the north and it'd be very disruptive for him to take the Barnsley job.

A premier league job, however, might be a different matter. I doubt he'd be offered one though.

ScottB
09-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Ultimately, his choice was going to Barnsley and probably being relegated, or staying at ICT, with a very real chance of winning some silverware and qualifying for Europe. Should he pull off either / both of those two then I'm sure much better options will open up for him down south if he fancies a change...

Jones28
10-01-2013, 09:12 AM
Quite pleased about this, the more strong teams in The spl the better IMO.