PDA

View Full Version : Sean O'Hanlon on trial at Carlisle

seven nowt
09-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Heard rumours that Sean O'Hanlon is on trial at Carlisle?? Good luck to him and hope he does well. Carlisle have already conceded 49 goals in just 26 games, so he won't be worse than what they have already got! Step up from Bonnyrigg Rose and hope he enjoys his time there.

Been a bit of a link between the two clubs: Taiwo, Ben Williams, O'Hanlon, and we were interested in Lubo Michalik not too long ago.. :agree:

Northernhibee
09-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Best of luck to the chap. That goal against Aberdeen last season was invaluable and he had a great game then.

J-C
09-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Was Williams not Colchester?

MSK
09-01-2013, 09:46 PM
Was Williams not Colchester?Played for Carlisle 08-09

Jonnyboy
09-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Don't forget left back Joe Davis who played over 150 games for Hibs in the mid to late 60's and scored 34 goals before totting up around 80 appearances for Carlisle

Green Fish
09-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Good luck Sean - we saw brief glimpses of what you had to offer.

--------
10-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Don't forget left back Joe Davis who played over 150 games for Hibs in the mid to late 60's and scored 34 goals before totting up around 80 appearances for Carlisle

Joe Davis, the Penalty King. I think I remember two occasions he scored in open play. The rest were penalties set up by Eric Stevenson, IIRC.

johncrobertson@
10-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Joe Davis, the Penalty King. I think I remember two occasions he scored in open play. The rest were penalties set up by Eric Stevenson, IIRC.

Great replacement for the legendary John Parke. Signed Joe Davis from Third Lanark - really solid and pacey full back.

PatHead
10-01-2013, 01:35 PM
For what?

Seriously, best of luck. Shame it didn't work out.

Golden Bear
10-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Yip. Best wishes for the future Sean and thanks for your contribution.

He was not nearly as bad as some made out.

down-the-slope
10-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Hope it works out ...... mainly so we can get him off the wage bill

Mark79
10-01-2013, 08:21 PM

As far as I know he left last summer? He hasnt been on the wage bill for some time

Jones28
10-01-2013, 09:46 PM

He left in the summer

Jones28
10-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Felt a bit bad for him, he got a bit of riding by many who made him out to be far worse than he actually was

DaveF
10-01-2013, 09:49 PM
He left in the summer

Pretty sure he's not wanted at HFC but we are still paying him a wage as per his contract.

down-the-slope
10-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Pretty sure he's not wanted at HFC but we are still paying him a wage as per his contract.

:agree: - its amazing how people do not seem to know this. He could not sign for anyone due to window having closed (I think we were hoping he would get another club before then - but did not happen) It would be best for all if he got fixed up else where without us having to do another 'pay off'

Purple & Green
10-01-2013, 10:39 PM

Can you play as a trialist for a club, when you're contracted to another? I was under the impression his contract was or would be paid in full but his registration was cancelled in August.

DaveF
10-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Can you play as a trialist for a club, when you're contracted to another? I was under the impression his contract was or would be paid in full but his registration was cancelled in August.

I don't know the situation for certain - merely relaying on what someone more in the know that I am said.

So you might well be correct.

AK86
10-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Yip. Best wishes for the future Sean and thanks for your contribution.

He was not nearly as bad as some made out.
Oh yes he was. One good game at Aberdeen dosent change that. The Cowdenbeath players ripped him a new one FFS. I have seen many better amateur players, especially centre half s

Northernhibee
10-01-2013, 11:20 PM
I think O'Hanlon is the prime example of a player who really suffered from a confidence crisis. Always given no end of stick, and the game where he unexpectedly got the start (Aberdeen) PF worked on his confidence he had a stormer of a game.

AK86
10-01-2013, 11:31 PM
I think O'Hanlon is the prime example of a player who really suffered from a confidence crisis. Always given no end of stick, and the game where he unexpectedly got the start (Aberdeen) PF worked on his confidence he had a stormer of a game.
I think it's a prime example of why we have been in the lower part of the league for years. Signing players who are mince, wanting them to be good ,no matter how much you want it, dosent make them good. You must open your eyes, the guy was hopeless