PDA

View Full Version : Danny Swanson

SMAXXA
09-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Anyone know how Danny is getting on at the Posh? Had a look at a few of their match reports and he doesnt seem to be playing regularly?

Would love to see him at Hibs

leither17
09-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Anyone know how Danny is getting on at the Posh? Had a look at a few of their match reports and he doesnt seem to be playing regularly?

Would love to see him at Hibs

Been sub at best getting 10-20 mins here and there

SMAXXA
09-01-2013, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=leither#1;3468477]Been sub at best getting 10-20 mins here and there[/QUOTE

Shame like, I recon he will be back up the road within a year, possibly with Hibs :agree:

Bostonhibby
09-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Been sub at best getting 10-20 mins here and there

My neighbours a Posh fan, says Swanson has barely been used, no talk about him when he joined, they are having a bad season but doing better now, hoping not to go down (again) need to cut wages so there's been a bit of a clear out and more coming.

truehibernian
09-01-2013, 05:50 PM
My neighbours a Posh fan, says Swanson has barely been used, no talk about him when he joined, they are having a bad season but doing better now, hoping not to go down (again) need to cut wages so there's been a bit of a clear out and more coming.

Have they not just added two Man Utd players to their squad on loan ? Thought I'd heard dad had again helped son oot with some loanees ?

Bostonhibby
09-01-2013, 05:55 PM
Have they not just added two Man Utd players to their squad on loan ? Thought I'd heard dad had again helped son oot with some loanees ?

Very likely as theres always been a wee bit of support for Posh from Man U - Shralex bizzarely has some long standing loyalty to Poshs' very own TV personality and all round funny guy/erky Barry Fry. They are my nearest professional side but since Bazzer became involved I lost interest along with many others.

SMAXXA
09-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Very likely as theres always been a wee bit of support for Posh from Man U - Shralex bizzarely has some long standing loyalty to Poshs' very own TV personality and all round funny guy/erky Barry Fry. They are my nearest professional side but since Bazzer became involved I lost interest along with many others.

They have just added 2 loan players from Man U yeah, auld man looking after his laddie

Elephant Stone
12-01-2013, 10:33 AM
I have a friend of a friend type guy who said a loan deal may be on the cards if Hibs can pay enough of his wages. Here's hoping.

AlbertK86
12-01-2013, 10:46 AM
I have a friend of a friend type guy who said a loan deal may be on the cards if Hibs can pay enough of his wages. Here's hoping.

I've been mentioning him on here for the last few windows

still think he is exactly what we need on the wing .... and he is one of our own after all

Hope a loan deal can be done

hfc rd
12-01-2013, 10:59 AM
Good player. The only thing that puts me off Danny is that he is very injury prone. But then again I would definitely take him. The type of player we need. Another player that we could have a go at getting is Morgaro Gomis. The former Dundee United player who looked a brilliant player. Not heard much of him since his move to Birmingham City.

Lmc2105
12-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Being a supporter of Peterborough and speaking to a few friends down their. he has had a few injury problems and the games he has played he has impressed although they all want him to do well but are not sure if he has enough to make it down their. Have asked if anyone knows anything about a loan move maybe what he needs to get back to full fitness and go back to posh raring to go for next season hopefully just not in league 1.

hibs4thecup1988
12-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Being a supporter of Peterborough and speaking to a few friends down their. he has had a few injury problems and the games he has played he has impressed although they all want him to do well but are not sure if he has enough to make it down their. Have asked if anyone knows anything about a loan move maybe what he needs to get back to full fitness and go back to posh raring to go for next season hopefully just not in league 1.

Cannot see Danny coming to hibs after the way they treated him as a youngster. Even when he was preparing to leave Berwick hibs were offered him and turned him down. All because he was too small.

I'd love to see him here but as the poster above says he is rather injury prone. But you never know in football I guess

Lmc2105
12-01-2013, 11:47 AM
Cannot see Danny coming to hibs after the way they treated him as a youngster. Even when he was preparing to leave Berwick hibs were offered him and turned him down. All because he was too small.

I'd love to see him here but as the poster above says he is rather injury prone. But you never know in football I guess

To be honest mate, neither can i. If he was to go on loan this window a would think it would be to a league 1 or league 2 team, Posh don't have a huge squad and hopefully when match fit he can get a good run in the team and try and prove himself at championship level.

McD
12-01-2013, 11:57 AM

Im not claiming to be I the know or anything, but I thought the reason we let him go was due to him being diagnosed with a heart problem?

Cod Boy
12-01-2013, 12:13 PM
Think it will probably be best for him to go on loan to a league one club so he has experience at that level for next season with Peterborough

Russell The Dug
12-01-2013, 12:21 PM

Not according to the regulars in gladstones. Swanson would love to join us at some point.

leither17
12-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Danny was offered a deal by hibs before he went down to Peterboro but they put together a better package than us

merritthibees
12-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Danny was offered a deal by hibs before he went down to Peterboro but they put together a better package than us

We didn't offer Danny anything, my mrs worked in the bank with holly( Danny's mrs) before they moved away to peterbourgh and she told me hibs never once offered a deal to Danny! Unfortunate because he would have came to us!

leither17
12-01-2013, 02:02 PM
We didn't offer Danny anything, my mrs worked in the bank with holly( Danny's mrs) before they moved away to peterbourgh and she told me hibs never once offered a deal to Danny! Unfortunate because he would have came to us!

I'm going from the horses mouth mate but not going to argue with you about it but its true he does want to play for us

marinello59
12-01-2013, 02:03 PM

For much less money then Posh were offering? I think not. IF there was any contact between Hibs and the players agent then a ball park figure would be mentioned. No need for Hibs to offer any deal if we ain't in the same ball park.

Since90+2
12-01-2013, 03:26 PM

He would sign for us if we paid the wages. He doesnt care about what happened when he was 15 / 16.

hungryhibs
12-01-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm going from the horses mouth mate but not going to argue with you about it but its true he does want to play for us

A was also told from his old man that he would be playing with hibs this season but then he went down south for the money

Cocaine&Caviar
12-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Good player. The only thing that puts me off Danny is that he is very injury prone. But then again I would definitely take him. The type of player we need. Another player that we could have a go at getting is Morgaro Gomis. The former Dundee United player who looked a brilliant player. Not heard much of him since his move to Birmingham City.

Scored today.

Sir David Gray
12-01-2013, 05:10 PM

The fact that his son, Darren, is the manager there might help as well! :wink: